Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Monaco: RACE

seb:Macchina forte, gomme disastro

strong car, disaster tyres

our car is struggling with deg
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    I cannot see how RBR can be in this kind of form , unless Renault has the same power that either Merc or us have.
    And I just cannot see that.
    Canada should be BAU , meaning a fight between Ferrari and Mercedes.
    Agree. i don't doubt they will be pretty close, in reach to potentially cause problems but no way they will be faster than us and Merc in terms of raw pace. Canada is PU relevant after all. Nevertheless, we have a hard battle on our hands with Merc. It will be tough but we can do it.

m.a:
    Compared to the race weekend here last year, this one seemed more difficult right from the start. But thanks to the efforts of everyone in the team, the SF71H got progressively better, until it proved capable of taking second place in qualifying. However, on a track like this, it was not enough to produce an even better race result. Like everyone else, we opted for a one-stop strategy, which therefore meant having to manage the tyres in the second stint, so as to save them for the final laps. However, at that point, the Virtual safety car came out, meaning it was no longer possible to attack.
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

ferrari needs to work on tyre deg, these issues are limiting our options in the race

so MA is saying had the VSC not come out, Seb would have attacked? but he also had tyre deg? i'm confused now.

Seb:
    Today, I was trying to get closer to the car in front and do something; but obviously if you get closer it doesn’t help with your tires. In some corners you don’t really need power and Ricciardo was quicker than us. He was always able to open the gap and I was never really there. He could keep his pace and I think that perhaps it could have been worse for us if he hadn’t had some issues. Unfortunately, there weren’t many chances to do something different. I think it was tricky for us to make the tires work the right way. Then, when the Virtual Safety Car came on, a McLaren was just exiting the box and took a lot of time, while I was struggling with tire warm-up, and I think that was the biggest issue that cost me quite a few seconds. It took to me one and a half lap to get the rhythm back, but by then it was too late. However, there are so many races to go and I believe we need to understand our problems. We have a good car, but we can make it better.
    Kimi:
    Today nothing really happened in the race; to be honest, it was a pretty boring one. We know that on this track, once everybody has stopped, whoever is in the front dictates the speed and no matter if he goes four second slower on a lap, there’s no way to pass unless somebody makes a big mistake or runs out of tires. We end up following each other through the whole race. I had no problem managing my tires, in fact they were pretty good. I only had some graining with the first set, but apart from that they were ok. I was never worried about Bottas behind me, we had the speed and I could easily close up with the car in front, but there was no way to pass him. We were all the time doing our best, but couldn’t use our pace. Obviously we cannot be happy with fourth position, but as always, we try to learn from every race.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    m.a:
    I think it’s all down to suspension. Ferrari trying different suspensions
    1) earlier 4races one
    2) new one in Barcelona
    3) upgraded one to Monaco which they tested in Barcelona

Which means solution is not working as expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    so MA is saying had the VSC not come out, Seb would have attacked? but he also had tyre deg? i'm confused now.
    i think he is giving a "positive" answer kinda doubt seb had any chance he had 50 laps to try and ricci had pace in hand and tyres looked way smoother somehow

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    1) earlier 4races one
    2) new one in Barcelona

i hope they can get ontop of this quick :( we have to strike back in canada mercs are feeling very confidant and they almost never throw away positions

Attacked in his words means, would have stayed close. No way you can pass here on this track, unless u have tire advantage.

BTW Is it allowed that Ocon gave bottas and hamilton way and never once tried to attack or hold position because of his backing??? i just find that its strange that it is allowed

Seb:

Kimi:
    Kimi is kimi...!! As usual.

BTW Is it allowed that Ocon gave bottas and hamilton way and never once tried to attack or hold position because of his backing??? i just find that its strange that it is allowed
    Yup, I found it very strange. Even our customer teams never did give the place to us like that.
    I think ham pit stop was taken into consideration by looking it’s just their Merc junior driver who will let ham pass.
    Clearly shows Ocon is their driver in preference list. Mercs are running the show that’s it. Can’t do anything.

I know. I understand it's not a power circuit, but 25% seems huge.
    I think 25% is an exaggeration. 160 bhp / ~ 960 bhp = 1/6 so 16-17% percent. Plus you can not use MGU-K continuously as there is an energy limit per lap.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Agree. i don't doubt they will be pretty close, in reach to potentially cause problems but no way they will be faster than us and Merc in terms of raw pace. Canada is PU relevant after all. Nevertheless, we have a hard battle on our hands with Merc. It will be tough but we can do it.
    Canada, vet will get upgraded PU. Kimi will not get that.
    It also shows whether Ferrari still have that quali advantage.
    We need front row lock out.

Quote Originally Posted by DelMar View Post
    I think 25% is an exaggeration. 160 bhp / ~ 960 bhp = 1/6 so 16-17% percent. Plus you can not use MGU-K continuously as there is an energy limit per lap.
    So getting rid of mgu-H is a good option for 2020???

1) earlier 4races one
    2) new one in Barcelona

The first suspension worked quite well, why change it?

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    very sluggish in the corners, ferrari's advantage was the straights, barca(power too) and monaco and australia cornering,

Mercs and ferrari getting new engines in canada we will see if we still hold that advantage or if mercs are ahead in power and cornering. hopefully mattia has a solution to the suspension and engine that out foxes mercs

imo

Canada, vet will get upgraded PU. Kimi will not get that.
    It also shows whether Ferrari still have that quali advantage.
    We need front row lock out.
    surely they will give kimi the new engine he can take a penalty later otherwise bot and ham will 2 v 1 seb in terms of new engine power :-O, damn plus seb was having blackouts on his dashboard i hope they can repair that

Damn this Pirelli chief Mario Isola says race is very exciting. New track records, FL’s it seems.
    Plz give them a break or anybody take them to mental hospital for treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    May be it was for those tracks...!!

So the fia has confirmed the trouble makers sassi and alison ex ferrari men and wolf is crying wolf .

Damn this Pirelli chief Mario Isola says race is very exciting. New track records, FL’s it seems.
    Plz give them a break or anybody take them to mental hospital for treatment.
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    So the fia has confirmed the trouble makers sassi and alison ex ferrari men and wolf is crying wolf .
    rats, ferrari need to have some time clause so they cant get guys leaking info to main rivals

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Wolff says he is"disturbed" that 2 Mercedes team members were reportedly cited by the FIA in their Ferrari investigation

lol he is disturbed suuuuuure

rats, ferrari need to have some time clause so they cant get guys leaking info to main rivals
    It is typically called gardening leave and it works both ways.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Hamilton: "Montreal should be good for us. We wait this week to see what the FIA has to say about Ferrari ruling (told its done already)"
    Mercedes loged this complaint hoping to slow down Ferrari, but its already been sorted. They were expecting FIA to fine Ferrari! But our Italian sly boys, got the job done. Lewis was expecting to win in Canada, to walk it, expecting Ferrari to be slowed down by the ruling. Tooo bad! Now, stop complaining and get to work you Mercedes cry babies. What did we do, we kept our heads down and worked. Mercedes had 4 years head start, we caught up to them and their development is stagnant.
    Also, I must say, this was Honda and BAR, they never had a good chassis department. So, with all this, all this money, they still cant build a class leading chassis. Only tricks, and engine power can get them a good chassis. I think this is the high point for the Mercedes.

Can't wait for Montreal, bring it on.

Mercedes crying about the FIA verdict, I think they were really trying to find something illegal after losing two pole positions in a row. They cannot stomach defeat!

Meanwhile, Ocon said of himself after the race that he is a Mercedes driver and it's no point to fight against works team. Today he completely moved off line and probably same happened to Bottas. He would have struggled to make a move at this racetrack. That's very poor from Mercedes, but well I am not surprised.

https://translate.google.com/transla...rtf1_link_null