Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Monaco: RACE

Quote Originally Posted by Deephouse View Post
    I just realized we didn't see the Ferrari pit wall once during the race.
    Well, we didn’t see any smart decisions from wall either. I am referring that fact when Ferrari didn’t even try undercut Lewis by Kimi. They should pit kimi on next lap to even try. Again poor decision - no team, just Seb.

After all this Monaco race should be trashed for good. How boring it can be...

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    that's cause it was a lot of action on track mate.....lol
    lmao needed to get extended shots everytime stroll had a puncture
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by JPA View Post
    Well, we didn’t see any smart decisions from wall either. I am referring that fact when Ferrari didn’t even try undercut Lewis by Kimi. They should pit kimi on next lap to even try. Again poor decision - no team, just Seb.

If they pit Kimi the next lap after hamilton, it is not an undercut...
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Great Race! Tense until the very end...

Great job by Ferrari today. Good weekend all considering. Kimi even beat Bottas.

Danny was not going to be beaten unless his car broke.

I didn't find it BORING at all...frankly some forget there are 21 tracks in F1 at present maybe you want them ALL to be the same.

Monaco...Australia...Hungary...Singapore....qualif ying and track position/strategy/tactics are ultra important at tracks like these. Seb beating Lewis to P2 in qualy yesterday was ultra important to him gaining +3 in the championship.

Seriously a lot of you cry about lack of overtaking in a race like this and next race same people will cry about DRS enabling overtaking. Same crowd crying about lack of overtakes after Australia but there was no problem w/ overtakes in Bahrain or China. Monaco has never been about overtaking...it's always been about drivers pushing the limit inches from barriers each and every lap...
    Last edited by ScuderiaBuckeye; 27th May 2018 at 16:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Aberracus View Post
    Kimi true colors
    The sleeping beauty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, he should won by 20 sec margin. What a loser, 10 overtake is minimum in Monaco.
    Kimi was so terrible. Why didn’t he pass others like LW, SW, DR and VB? Wait a minute...

if they can somehow put there stupid nostalgia hat away and maybe add some length to the track it could be gloriou and actually a race track rather than a parade
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

I think the true season starts at Canada with the engine upgrades.

The first 6 races are the appetizers
    Agreed 100%...though I've read Kimi won't get the upgraded engine until much later.

Pitting Kimi on the next lap is not undercutting Lewis, that's just reacting to Lewis pit stop.
    And the position wouldn't change, as Kimi could not to produce an in lap faster than Lewis who was on newer tires.

hmmm Boring race.
    Nothing to say strategy wise. Not many chances.
    I think this would be last year for kimi in ferrari. Nothing more to say.
    Congrats to ric.

1 Lewis Hamilton GBR MERCEDES 110
    2 Sebastian Vettel GER FERRARI 96
    3 Daniel Ricciardo AUS RED BULL RACING TAG HEUER 72
    4 Valtteri Bottas FIN MERCEDES 68
    5 Kimi Räikkönen FIN FERRARI 60
    6 Max Verstappen NED RED BULL RACING TAG HEUER 35
    7 Fernando Alonso ESP MCLAREN RENAULT 32
    8 Nico Hulkenberg GER RENAULT 26
    9 Carlos Sainz ESP RENAULT 20
    10 Kevin Magnussen DEN HAAS FERRARI 19
    11 Pierre Gasly FRA SCUDERIA TORO ROSSO HONDA 18
    12 Sergio Perez MEX FORCE INDIA MERCEDES 17
    13 Esteban Ocon FRA FORCE INDIA MERCEDES 9
    14 Charles Leclerc MON SAUBER FERRARI 9
    15 Stoffel Vandoorne BEL MCLAREN RENAULT 8
    16 Lance Stroll CAN WILLIAMS MERCEDES 4
    17 Marcus Ericsson SWE SAUBER FERRARI 2
    18 Brendon Hartley NZL SCUDERIA TORO ROSSO HONDA 1

1 MERCEDES 178
    2 FERRARI 156
    3 RED BULL RACING TAG HEUER 107
    4 RENAULT 46
    5 MCLAREN RENAULT 40
    6 FORCE INDIA MERCEDES 26
    7 SCUDERIA TORO ROSSO HONDA 19
    8 HAAS FERRARI 19
    9 SAUBER FERRARI 11
    10 WILLIAMS MERCEDES 4

Quote Originally Posted by ScuderiaBuckeye View Post

Great job by Ferrari today. Good weekend all considering. Kimi even beat Bottas.

I didn't find it BORING at all...frankly some forget there are 21 tracks in F1 at present maybe you want them ALL to be the same.

Monaco...Australia...Hungary...Singapore....qualif ying and track position/strategy/tactics are ultra important at tracks like these. Seb beating Lewis to P2 in qualy yesterday was ultra important to him gaining +3 in the championship.

Seriously a lot of you cry about lack of overtaking in a race like this and next race same people will cry about DRS enabling overtaking. Same crowd crying about lack of overtakes after Australia but there was no problem w/ overtakes in Bahrain or China. Monaco has never been about overtaking...it's always been about drivers pushing the limit inches from barriers each and every lap...
    Monaco can be spectacular for a time attack race, where what you mention is true about pushing the limit.
    The front position was practically won during qualifying.

But as a traditional race track, it is outdated. The streets are too narrow for modern cars.
    The top 5 drivers were all nursing some kind of issue, they are not pushing the limit for every lap. And they do so because they can without losing places.
    Whatever drama there was about the engine or tires didn't translate to anything in the end. Not even a serious attempt like what we saw in Bahrain from Bottas.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    if they can somehow put there stupid nostalgia hat away and maybe add some length to the track it could be gloriou and actually a race track rather than a parade
    If they ever change the circuit layout around Monaco they should really try and find a longer straight to add somewhere in the streets. I'm not sure that's physically possible though.

so Alonso is catching Max in the drivers' table lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Monaco can be spectacular for a time attack race, where what you mention is true about pushing the limit.
    The front position was practically won during qualifying.

But as a traditional race track, it is outdated. The streets are too narrow for modern cars.
    The top 5 drivers were all nursing some kind of issue, they are not pushing the limit for every lap. And they do so because they can without losing places.
    Whatever drama there was about the engine or tires didn't translate to anything in the end. Not even a serious attempt like what we saw in Bahrain from Bottas.
    I understand all of this, and have no issues w/ it being a ONE STOP on the calendar. I enjoyed this race from start to finish. It's Monaco. It's what I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    1 Lewis Hamilton GBR MERCEDES 110
    2 Sebastian Vettel GER FERRARI 96
    3 Daniel Ricciardo AUS RED BULL RACING TAG HEUER 72
    4 Valtteri Bottas FIN MERCEDES 68
    5 Kimi Räikkönen FIN FERRARI 60
    6 Max Verstappen NED RED BULL RACING TAG HEUER 35
    7 Fernando Alonso ESP MCLAREN RENAULT 32
    8 Nico Hulkenberg GER RENAULT 26
    9 Carlos Sainz ESP RENAULT 20
    10 Kevin Magnussen DEN HAAS FERRARI 19
    11 Pierre Gasly FRA SCUDERIA TORO ROSSO HONDA 18
    12 Sergio Perez MEX FORCE INDIA MERCEDES 17
    13 Esteban Ocon FRA FORCE INDIA MERCEDES 9
    14 Charles Leclerc MON SAUBER FERRARI 9
    15 Stoffel Vandoorne BEL MCLAREN RENAULT 8
    16 Lance Stroll CAN WILLIAMS MERCEDES 4
    17 Marcus Ericsson SWE SAUBER FERRARI 2
    18 Brendon Hartley NZL SCUDERIA TORO ROSSO HONDA 1

1 MERCEDES 178
    2 FERRARI 156
    3 RED BULL RACING TAG HEUER 107
    4 RENAULT 46
    5 MCLAREN RENAULT 40
    6 FORCE INDIA MERCEDES 26
    7 SCUDERIA TORO ROSSO HONDA 19
    8 HAAS FERRARI 19
    9 SAUBER FERRARI 11
    10 WILLIAMS MERCEDES 4
    Those are the big gaps....

Quote Originally Posted by TonyRizza View Post
    Redbulls were expected to win here, don't understand all the constant negativity towards the drivers and team.

Overtaking is impossible if your cars are similar speeds...
    OK. When is to be expected Ferrari to win, please?

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    OK. When is to be expected Ferrari to win, please?
    Ferrari is expected to win on tracks that suit a longer wheelbase. So every other track left on the calendar besides Singapore and Hungary

Ferrari is expected to win on tracks that suit a longer wheelbase. So every other track left on the calendar besides Singapore and Hungary

We will be strong in singapore guaranteed. Seb can find a couple of tenths by himslef there. As long as we dont wipe eachh other out iin the race start lol

Quote Originally Posted by ScuderiaBuckeye View Post

I didn't find it BORING at all...
    You must be also entertained by watching grass grow, paint dry, concrete set, and Golf.

Were we watching the same race? I straight up fell asleep.

Hungary is not typical Monaco/Singapore style circuit.

I think Ferrari will especially will do good at Singapore its his fav track. There are two tracks Silverstone & other one where Ferrari will face some problem due to tyres. Ferrari needs to dominate few tracks to decrease pts deficit

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    You must be also entertained by watching grass grow, paint dry, concrete set, and Golf.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post

I think he’s sarcastically saying good race. Main intention is very boring race, even with a issue in car you can win race on this track. Great.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    I think he’s sarcastically saying good race. Main intention is very boring race, even with a issue in car you can win race on this track. Great.
    yep, you can win with half an engine lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    Good result for the team, solid P2 and P4.. With more overtaking opportunities it would perhaps been P1 and P2, but perhaps we would have lost out on the last few laps.. RIC/RBR were the better this weekend and deserve the win.. We were lucky VER screwed up yesterday. Don't forget this is only Vettel's 3rd podium, we needed that
    Agreed, it could easily have been worse for us and I really thought we'd have to pit again but Seb held on....just. I'm a bit concerned now for Canada as it can also suit the RBs. Shame for Leclerc, and I don't agree that Kimi was asleep, he was having the same problems as Seb and Merc with tyres. Glad it was Danny Ric who won rather than HAM, and Monaco is always a lottery, so not a great day but not a bad one either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    yep, you can win with half an engine lol.
    Just reading an article where they say DR finished race with 25% down on power!?!?! Great entertainment Liberty Group!

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Hungary is not typical Monaco/Singapore style circuit.

I think Ferrari will especially will do good at Singapore its his fav track. There are two tracks Silverstone & other one where Ferrari will face some problem due to tyres. Ferrari needs to dominate few tracks to decrease pts deficit
    Considering how unpredictable british weather is,we might not have to use those dreaded tyres for the British grand prix. The question is are we better off in the wet or with those tyres.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Agreed, it could easily have been worse for us and I really thought we'd have to pit again but Seb held on....just. I'm a bit concerned now for Canada as it can also suit the RBs. Shame for Leclerc, and I don't agree that Kimi was asleep, he was having the same problems as Seb and Merc with tyres. Glad it was Danny Ric who won rather than HAM, and Monaco is always a lottery, so not a great day but not a bad one either.
    I highly doubt that they will be faster than us or Merc, but I think they will have better tyres management

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    Considering how unpredictable british weather is,we might not have to use those dreaded tyres for the British grand prix. The question is are we better off in the wet or with those tyres.
    I would gamble on wet races at Paul Ricard and Silverstone if I could choose because of what we saw in Barcelona with the tyres. Wet races would suit RBR better than us but I believe it would suit us better than Merc. I'll take results as today on those circuits in a heartbeat. Sure, Ricciardo would then be in the fight for the WDC as well but better that.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Just reading an article where they say DR finished race with 25% down on power!?!?! Great entertainment Liberty Group!
    I know. I understand it's not a power circuit, but 25% seems huge.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I cannot see how RBR can be in this kind of form , unless Renault has the same power that either Merc or us have.
    And I just cannot see that.
    Canada should be BAU , meaning a fight between Ferrari and Mercedes.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve