Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 256

Thread: 2018 Canadian GP: Practices and Qualifying

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    4,970
    On to Quali.....will we see sub 1:09's????

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,389
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    On to Quali.....will we see sub 1:09's????
    High 1.9’s...possible

  3. #93
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    6,489
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    On to Quali.....will we see sub 1:09's????
    Don't think so.....I think we'll see low 1:10's
    ...the new SF71H looks amazing. Let's hope it's gonna be as FAST as it looks.


  4. #94
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    224
    Max could have been of use at least one time and settle between Vettel and Hamilton. He is either breaking Vettel's front wing (I know it was RA), spinning Vettel, at least partly responsible for causing VSC which helped Mercedes and those defensive moves in 2016 that were clearly off limit in 2016. It's amazing Hamilton never was his victim.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,389
    I see bottas & ham & ric quali on SS or US in q2.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sarajevo
    Posts
    1,879
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    I see bottas & ham & ric quali on SS or US in q2.
    Is RB really in play for pole?

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,389
    Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    Is RB really in play for pole?
    They have better chance to split mercs atleast but I think Ferrari will turn it up come quali.
    I feel RB already using peak power of that upgraded spec.

    Also in S3 Ferrari is mighty fast. Exit around last corner seems to be perfect for kimi & vettel.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    germany
    Posts
    152
    IMG_20180609_181803.jpg

    sector times
    Attached Images Attached Images

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    224
    If Red Bull is really fighting on pole here then it's a three-way fight for the championship. But I don't know whether this new upgrade will allow them to turn it up for qualifying.

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    hong kong
    Posts
    1,253
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    They have better chance to split mercs atleast but I think Ferrari will turn it up come quali.
    I feel RB already using peak power of that upgraded spec.

    Also in S3 Ferrari is mighty fast. Exit around last corner seems to be perfect for kimi & vettel.
    Also I like the fact that both kimi and seb are closely matched unlike RB and merc drivers.

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    germany
    Posts
    152
    Ferrari need to improve the first sector. I think the tyres are not working at the beginning of the lap.

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    910
    I think Merc are sandbagging, especially in S3. but I hope I'm wrong.
    Common doesn't mean "Come on"; "Should have" not "Should of" ;)

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post
    I think Merc are sandbagging, especially in S3. but I hope I'm wrong.
    Hamilton was struggling in the final chicane, the rear of the car wasn't stable during turn in.

    Btw is the battery saga over or Mercedes continues to grasp at straws?

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,086
    Going to be a fight between Seb and Lewis for pole most likely can't see Max keeping up his pace especially when Merc and Ferrari turn the engines up. Lewis is mega round this circuit but Merc are running old engines so it should be close.

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Michal2_F1 View Post
    Hamilton was struggling in the final chicane, the rear of the car wasn't stable during turn in.

    Btw is the battery saga over or Mercedes continues to grasp at straws?
    Mercs turning those tyres into working range for S1&S2... in S3 they are finding it little tough to light up their rears. You can see that exit of that last corner & entry into S3.

    I think vettel carrying more DF to kimi.

  16. #106
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Going to be a fight between Seb and Lewis for pole most likely can't see Max keeping up his pace especially when Merc and Ferrari turn the engines up. Lewis is mega round this circuit but Merc are running old engines so it should be close.
    Kimi’s up there. That should be good.

  17. #107
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,389
    Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    Also I like the fact that both kimi and seb are closely matched unlike RB and merc drivers.
    Yup

  18. #108
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,389
    On other note, did anybody watch Bottas lap on HS or US in fp3.
    That front left wing is flexing too much & left rear tyre wobbling around or puncture. Is that movement deemed legal???

  19. #109
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    579
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    On other note, did anybody watch Bottas lap on HS or US in fp3.
    That front left wing is flexing too much & left rear tyre wobbling around. Is that movement deemed legal???
    I think the slow mo you’re referring to was actually Hamilton coming out of the final chicane? I believe the tyre was wobbling because he was out of shape (scrubbing laterally across the track) which is also what caused the excessive movement of the front wing.

    People are aaaaalways trying to pick everyone else apart. Let’s just go racing. It’s up to us to be better than the others, and we’re not doing too terribly at that this season so far, or this weekend so far. Be calm, Yolanda.

  20. #110
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    4,970
    Vettel
    Max
    Kimi

  21. #111
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    224
    Hope Ferrari once again shut down British so-called experts! Go Scuderia for pole!

  22. #112
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Helsinki
    Posts
    2,509
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Vettel
    Max
    Kimi

  23. #113
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA!
    Posts
    1,782
    Nervous. Very nervous.

  24. #114
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Pangea
    Posts
    3,027

  25. #115
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA!
    Posts
    1,782
    What the hell HAAS

  26. #116
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    910
    Grosjean hit the smokescreen button too soon :D
    Common doesn't mean "Come on"; "Should have" not "Should of" ;)

  27. #117
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    4,970
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    What the hell HAAS
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post
    Grosjean hit the smokescreen button too soon :D

    ground hog revenge!!!!


    https://media.giphy.com/media/F0uUtL7lmALCM/giphy.gif

  28. #118
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    10,519
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post
    Grosjean hit the smokescreen button too soon :D

  29. #119
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    247
    pole looks like it's Ferrari's to lose...

    last sector engine power is giving us the lap...bodes well after all the noise the past few weeks.

  30. #120
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    10,519
    So far... So good...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •