Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: 2018 Canadian GP: Practices and Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    MAX is never calm...

strategy will be interesting.. RBR beleive they have the pace, they might pit RIC early to see what he can do.. He could undercut 2 cars ahead.. if the race is a 1 stopper he will simply have tyres that are just a few laps older, but RBR is better on tyres so..
    But with older tyres & other cars on fresher tyres. RB will be vulnerable on straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Mad Max will be a main threat at the start, hopefully he does not cause any damage to us.
    Im sure i heard Horner say in an interview at Monaco, that he had told Max to keep it calm for the Monaco race, after his crash. ring home points, but get back to normal in Canada. I really hope he does keep calm and remembers the race isnt won or lost at the first corner. But i dont think he will. What hurts is that the F1 media mainly SKYF1 think he the "wonderkid" and makes F1 exciting. Sorry he doesnt, he ruins peoples races, got horrible im right your wrong attitude. His remarks in the press conference about head butting the next reporter when asked about crashing. Well out of order. Just showing he feeling the pressure of his own hype.

His last few crashes, other drivers in the Red Bull young drivers academy has lost their seats for alot less.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Im sure i heard Horner say in an interview at Monaco, that he had told Max to keep it calm for the Monaco race, after his crash. ring home points, but get back to normal in Canada. I really hope he does keep calm and remembers the race isnt won or lost at the first corner. But i dont think he will. What hurts is that the F1 media mainly SKYF1 think he the "wonderkid" and makes F1 exciting. Sorry he doesnt, he ruins peoples races, got horrible im right your wrong attitude. His remarks in the press conference about head butting the next reporter when asked about crashing. Well out of order. Just showing he feeling the pressure of his own hype.

His last few crashes, other drivers in the Red Bull young drivers academy has lost their seats for alot less.
    One day IF and when he is in contention for the WDC title and someone takes him out during a race because that someone went for the gap, he will know how it feels....it's called karma.

I like the kid, but that's it, he's a kid (20yrs old) that's got alot of growing up to do and patience when to overtake. He has alot talent, when it counts, for this age. I'll be the first to admit when he mucks it up for whomever.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    One day IF and when he is in contention for the WDC title and someone takes him out during a race because that someone went for the gap, he will know how it feels....it's called karma.

I like the kid, but that's it, he's a kid (20yrs old) that's got alot of growing up to do and patience when to overtake. He has alot talent, when it counts, for this age. I'll be the first to admit when he mucks it up for whomever.
    growing up? he has been in F1 long enough now.

growing up? he has been in F1 long enough now.

His off track arrogance to the press, he has some growing up to do when pressured by the press for what he does on track....even though it's at the expense of others. His father does'nt help either as he has the same attitude....the apple does not fall far away from the tree???

He has quite the following though with fans.....more so in some venues where it's a sea of orange....and others where it's just bits of orange. He sells from a marketing aspect.

His off track arrogance to the press, he has some growing up to do when pressured by the press for what he does on track....even though it's at the expense of others. His father does'nt help either as he has the same attitude....the apple does not fall far away from the tree???

He has quite the following though with fans.....more so in some venues where it's a sea of orange....and others where it's just bits of orange. He sells from a marketing aspect.
    crashing into others ruining their races is ok as long as good for marketing? Grosjean, crashed, into few people, ruined races and WDC for 1. But he still got race ban. So Max s ok and shouldnt as he "exciting" and sells tickets is ok is it? if i want to watch people crashing into eachother i would watch NASCAR, BTCC or evening banger racing. At this level of motorsport, this isnt acceptable.

Ok, if he crashes into Se today, takes Seb out (again) and gets away with harsher penalty would be ok for you? just because this over hyped wonderkid is selling tickets and has a big fan base.

crashing into others ruining their races is ok as long as good for marketing? Grosjean, crashed, into few people, ruined races and WDC for 1. But he still got race ban. So Max s ok and shouldnt as he "exciting" and sells tickets is ok is it? if i want to watch people crashing into eachother i would watch NASCAR, BTCC or evening banger racing. At this level of motorsport, this isnt acceptable.

Ok, if he crashes into Se today, takes Seb out (again) and gets away with harsher penalty would be ok for you? just because this over hyped wonderkid is selling tickets and has a big fan base.
    Im not a steward nor the fans paying for his merchandise. Your barking up the wrong tree.

If Max takes out Seb for being stupid, then he did a stupid move...as he has done in the past. Seb starting out does not have a "clean" record now does he????

Yup, agree with you completely.

FIA needs to take more stringent action against him, if he causes another such incident.

It’s the skyf1 who r lifting him up or his profile as a future star. I didn’t see any stars hitting or ruining other races.
    Mad max things beyond his limits that’s the problem, he assumes he’s a future super star like MSC, Alonso, Ham, Vet. But he’s not. Look at Ric, how he composes himself. He knows his strength is race craft, so he thinks of larger picture.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Mad max things beyond his limits that’s the problem, he assumes he’s a future super star like MSC, Alonso, Ham, Vet. But he’s not. Look at Ric, how he composes himself. He knows his strength is race craft, so he thinks of larger picture.
    agreed. When comparing the RBR drivers, it seems pretty clear that Daniel uses his brain a bit more.

Streaming now!!!

LIVE at the Canadian Grand Prix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PASPQwTXE28&t=29s

Streaming now!!!

LIVE at the Canadian Grand Prix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PASPQwTXE28&t=29s
    is it safe to conclude that our battery/ers is now legal and we have not lost any performance?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    agreed. When comparing the RBR drivers, it seems pretty clear that Daniel uses his brain a bit more.
    Who's brain got him on the podium ? Max is what's happening in 2018 F -Pirelli. While Dan is buisy thinking Max got the podium.

Danny R. is only 2 points behind Bottas now, and more importantly, 34 ahead of Max.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Danny R. is only 2 points behind Bottas now, and more importantly, 34 ahead of Max.
    Dan had to use his brain to realize Max got podium. Those 34 pts. are disappearing , there's a few more races left! Plus these two team mates cannot start a race side by side! !

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Dan had to use his brain to realize Max got podium. Those 34 pts. are disappearing , there's a few more races left! Plus these two team mates cannot start a race side by side! !
    you're right there's still two thirds of the season to go, and maybe Max is starting to calm down so he might win a race this year. But for the moment it's Dan with the two victories.

So for the moment it's welcome to Winlessville. population: Max Verstappen

But for Seb and Bottas, Max whooped every other driver including his team mate, to that third spot. I hope Dan has videos of his wins. Seb on pole & win is what's coming for the rest of 2018, regardless of tire colors! I'd rather see Max than Lewis or Bottas on the podiums from now on. Ferrari should throw an engine Kimi's way and maybe he will be back on podium or a win.