Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Canadian GP: Practices and Qualifying

Car is a good car...

Hope team is on their toes for tomorrow...race probably doesn't go down w/o VSC/SC.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Problem for kimi two mercs car & 1RB ahead of him.
    Either he needs a good start or strong race pace. I highly doubt the later would happen.
    I really don't think RBR will be a factor if they don't hit one of our cars, that is. I think Kimi should at least have 4th in the bag but he really needs to beat one of the Mercs. Hamilton has a problem in the hairpin and he might destroy one of his sets there during the race so at least it's possible. For the team it has to happen because two of the next three races will have version 2.0 tyres like Barcelona. If the teams trails Merc a lot in terms of points after Silverstone there will be demoralization in the factory. Ferrari need to take this race in Canada and then the Austria round as well after Paul Ricard.

Vetal can control the race all he needs to do is get away cleanly botas will challenge a little then drop of max well who knows and if he crashes into some one well 100% its head butt time because the question will be asked kimi needs to focus and play the wing man and collect podium finish lets see first step completed ferrari on pole.

Maximum Speeds in Qualifying per sectors

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DfRosNzX0AAwMta.jpg

Qualifying Best Sectors

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DfRo-lQXcAEoa4r.jpg

Anybody know the remaining tyres?

Quote Originally Posted by Otakukim View Post
    Not sure if it will be purple or pink that gets the win this Canada F- Pirelli race. Seb on pole is great news! He's in the pink! Max up front will make this race exciting, putting all colors aside , finally.

Good lap by Vettel even though he had a mistake. I'm worried Max is close to us at the starting grid and being on a softer tire, his mindset should be to attack from the get-go. We know what happens if he is on attack mode. Also, Bottas is a good starter so Seb's hands are full for the start tom. Hope he escapes cleanly from the line and let Bottas and Max duke it out in the first corner.

Should be an interesting race since teams have different tire strategies. I'm sure RB is banking on the SC to come out hence why they started on hypers. Kimi should attack Lewis since the latter looks uncomfortable in this track, atleast from what we've seen in qualifying. Hope Lady Luck will be on our side this time around.

I will be happy as long as we finish ahead of both Mercs. Doubly happy if RB is between us and the Mercs!

I'm currently in Montreal. Does anyone know which hotels each team stays at. I was looking to get a few pictures. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Otakukim View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Deephouse View Post
    I'm currently in Montreal. Does anyone know which hotels each team stays at. I was looking to get a few pictures. Thank you!
    Don't know on my end, but Sofitel has had some F1 teams in the past.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

I’m hopeful that at the very least, the media onslaught will give max caution going into turn 1. I don’t think he can afford to have an accident, so hopefully he plays it safe. If we’re missing our front wing after turn 2, just like last year, I’m going to be so upset.

Why do Max’s accidents always seem to impact Ferrari, and rarely (if ever) Mercedes ? It’s such bizarre and frustrating bad luck.

If we get away cleanly, with max in 2nd or 3rd I think we’ll be set up quite nicely for a victory. Seb just has to run away at the front. We’re on the right tyre, although we didn’t do a race sim on the US so it’s a bit of an unknown. Graining should be better than on the HS, so that is one positive.

All in all, I think we’re in for a very exciting race! I’m just hoping with all my heart that Seb gets this one. He’s been on fire this season, and Ferrari have been great. We’re owed a few wins already this season. Come on Lady Luck!

One other positive seems to be that our traction out of the hairpin onto the back straight was far superior at least to Hamilton’s, not sure about Bottas... they rarely show the poor guy on tv. But for Lewis it was horrible. This bodes well for us both for top speed down the straight, and rear tyre life.

Fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by gjoko-mkd View Post
    So straight to SS on final stint. ?

Excellent result. I'm surprise that Lewis got beaten by Bottas again, though that is good news for us.
    Hopefully Kimi will finish ahead of Lewis tomorrow to help open up the points gap.

And Vettel needs to win this, get back the WDC lead.

Hope for a positive result in the race

If Kimi can't take Hamilton at the start, he needs to stay within DRS range and take him on the back straight as Hamilton seemed to have poor traction of the hairpin, Merc have 2 choices here
    - Resist the challenge and let Kimi through as the PU is on it's 7th race
    - Turn the power up on the PU to defend, this will increase the chances of a DN

Ted stated on his notebook, Mercs new engine which has been delays would have been worth half a tenth or tenth and a half (01.-0.15)

wing comparison @ Canada GP W09 vs SF71-H

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DfPmAfLX4AAqeAT.jpg

Mad Max will be a main threat at the start, hopefully he does not cause any damage to us.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Mad Max will be a main threat at the start, hopefully he does not cause any damage to us.
    Keep hope on kimi

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    Ted stated on his notebook, Mercs new engine which has been delays would have been worth half a tenth or tenth and a half (01.-0.15)
    So Seb would be faster anyways cause he made 2 mistakes on his last lap

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    it would be unbelievable if he took out Seb. If he's gonna do it then it has to be a Merc this time surely.

Perhaps it's better to bet on 2 stop, depending on SC ofcourse.. We've seen it in the past at this track that is possible to overtake and pitting can still help if others struggle..
    Remember last year, Seb was at the back of Force India and RIC, pitted and caught up again.. ALO in 2012 lost out by not pitting.. Ofcourse, other tyres, other seasons but still...

RBR will most likely pit early and to the undercut and drive there own pace.. (which is fast)
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

To all those that think it is not, I would say it is IMPORTANT that SV wins today!

Really stressing about turn 1, watched some highlights of GP last year and it was max who ruined seb's race. Ham hoping to benefit from max going crazy as usual and taking out guys . Please lordy give seb and kimi a clean race today
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

I really do hope that the stewards/ team or somebody has told Mad Max to calm down. "To finish first, you do have to first finish.."

He can't use the 'rookie' escape route anymore - he simply needs to drive like a grown-up.
    Trying to be less angry..

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    I really do hope that the stewards/ team or somebody has told Mad Max to calm down. "To finish first, you do have to first finish.."

He can't use the 'rookie' escape route anymore - he simply needs to drive like a grown-up.
    exactly. I hope he doesn't follow Grosjean's path and become an 'eternal rookie'

I sense mad max will be calm at turn1 & try to hunt vet & bottas with his HS which is fastest tyre.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    I sense mad max will be calm at turn1 & try to hunt vet & bottas with his HS which is fastest tyre.
    MAX is never calm...

strategy will be interesting.. RBR beleive they have the pace, they might pit RIC early to see what he can do.. He could undercut 2 cars ahead.. if the race is a 1 stopper he will simply have tyres that are just a few laps older, but RBR is better on tyres so..
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

After what happened at baku and Shanghai, where seb got pole but couldn't convert into a win I am cautiously optimistic and hoping for a boring race, where seb can take victory from pole.

This race weekend was prof to all doubters out there that should not jump to conclusions after P1 and P2. These first two practices are always about finding the right setup so times are not to be taken for granted. At least wait for P3 before concluding stuff.

Now, i don't know how this race will pan out because i'm not sure how the car will communicate with the SS and S compounds, but we are definitely looking good with a pole in the bag. Shame for Kimi though, nasty mistake, could've been a 1-2.