Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Canadian GP: Practices and Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by FF1 View Post
    How was our long run pace?
    can't tell given both pratices were mainly for setup....especially on Vettel's car. Kimi though, from the on-set, looked dialed in. We should know more tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by roddick_andy View Post
    These RB guys discount us very soon on Friday’s

So far it's a super, hyper ,colorful start for Canada';s F- Pirelli race. Stroll and Sainz stealing the show from Max crash wise. Meanwhile Max was at his max finishing on top. Ferrari needs this win and I believe either driver has maybe not super but at least a hyper shot.

I think Ferrari have the fastest car, but it is really difficult to find the right setup.

Gio worked 8 hours in the simulator.
    Last edited by coshida; 9th June 2018 at 06:56.

Those Pirelli HS tyres seem to be affecting Ferrari more than Merc/RB and I don't see other teams having such problems either, I find it ridiculous that F1 has become a tyre preservation formula instead of racing. An extra pit-stop is not an option IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Those Pirelli HS tyres seem to be affecting Ferrari more than Merc/RB and I don't see other teams having such problems either, I find it ridiculous that F1 has become a tyre preservation formula instead of racing. An extra pit-stop is not an option IMO.
    a two stopper here i think wouldnt be as bad, they mentioned that the pits to and exit doesnt hurt as much if you go for an extra stop as you feed straight into it and exit into turn two. but yeah the tyres aren't working well at all, they said we took these tyre choices 12 weeks ago, i doubt they would've went with 8sets of hypers if they had any idea its this bad
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by coshida View Post
    I think Ferrari have the fastest car, but it is really difficult to find the right setup.

Gio worked 8 hours in the simulator.
    beast
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

[AMuS] According to rumors, Ferrari‘s new engine is worth 10hp. Only the internal combustion is new. Now the real reason why Mercedes didn’t introduce their new engine got also revealed. Their engine broke down after only 3700 kilometers.

[AMuS] According to rumors, Ferrari‘s new engine is worth 10hp. Only the internal combustion is new. Now the real reason why Mercedes didn’t introduce their new engine got also revealed. Their engine broke down after only 3700 kilometers.

NEW GEARBOXES for the CanadianGP - Vettel, Verstappen, Raikkonen, Perez, Stroll, Sainz, Alonso and Leclerc

no penalties

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Wow that is very good reliability they have
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

That sound like a Joke, only 3700 kms ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

current component allocation after yesterdays free practices and repairs..

- Alonso, Hartley, Gasly, Hulkenberg, Ricciardo, Sainz, Vandoorne, Verstappen, Vettel with new ICE

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DfQP9hVWsAAyxQA.jpg

WE DIDN’T GET ALL THE ANSWERS”
    ferrari-media

Seb and Kimi predict further improvement for tomorrow

Montreal, June 8 – A very mixed picture emerged from the first day of practice at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, where Kimi Raikkonen was in second place on the timesheets and Seb Vettel managed fifth best after losing some time in the garage and then being hampered by a red flag and traffic on his fast runs. The Canadian circuit is notorious for featuring strong track evolution as the weekend progresses, so it is not easy to predict what the future holds.

“We’re not far off,” was Seb’s comment, “although I am not entirely happy yet and there’s still some work to do. In the end I didn’t do many laps today and I think we were running a bit late. It is difficult to get to know all the answers, I think we need some more time to get everything together and then we’ll see what happens. We tried various things, but there’s still something we have to work on. I didn’t get into the rhythm, but tried to go through as much of the programme as we could. In the end, we need more time to get a better picture of the situation. Hopefully, putting everything together can help us tomorrow. Now we’ll stay focused on the work to do”.

“This track is not the easiest to get things where you want them,” added Kimi. “It’s not straightforward and we expected that. It’s very bumpy, not just with all the bumps, but also with the kerbs to ride over. The combination of low downforce and low grip can make it very difficult. As for the Hypersoft tyres, at least we have a better idea of how they work. They’re good on one lap and then last quite a few more. We’ve been improving during the day and that proves that we’re going in the right direction. For sure we have some work ahead of us, but I was a bit happier at the end of the session”.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

FerrariSteve Guest
    Kimi looks like he's really on it this weekend. I just hope he doesn't go into sleep mode during the race again.

poor kimi, hope its nothing

How many US tires do we have now ?

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Gene says it is a set up change

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    happy now?

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    happy now?
    Doubt it.....
    Forza Ferrari

Hamilton fails to match Vettel's time. Ferrari extremely fast in S3.

We are all in the same time

I think we can do faster, both drivers didn't get the sector times together.

Bottas seems off rhe pace of the top 5

I think vettel has some pace left because, kimi running with older engine. Vet with new engine spec.
    Difference should be some .2ths atleast.

Speed trap kimi 328, vet 326

They said Mercedes is an overwhelming favourite, doesn't look like it at the moment. Better score a win there because we are onto Mercedes tyres in Paul Ricard and Silverstone. Unless Ferrari found some way to fix those issues there can be two very long races for us.

Vettel on newer-spec engine? Aren't they using the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Michal2_F1 View Post
    They said Mercedes is an overwhelming favourite, doesn't look like it at the moment. Better score a win there because we are onto Mercedes tyres in Paul Ricard and Silverstone. Unless Ferrari found some way to fix those issues there can be two very long races for us.

Vettel on newer-spec engine? Aren't they using the same?
    Yup vet new spec, kimi old engine

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Yup vet new spec, kimi old engine
    Yup as kimi is already on his second engine due to ferrari having to replace
    It a few races back as a precautionary
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.