Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Results 391 to 420 of 493

Thread: 2018 Canadian GP - Race thread

  1. #391
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    230
    Rosberg destroys Alonso. Nico was asked about chances of him getting good car -> "we all want to see that. but noone wants him because of his team internal politics games "

  2. #392
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    28,597
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    If so, how can one compensate for the low probability of overtake by the top 3 against one another on the track and not in the pits???
    Why top 3? how many overtakes in the top 3 in the 70's, 80's etc? Probably less chance of overtakes up front when the cars are so evenly matched.
    Forza Ferrari

  3. #393
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    5,366
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Good quest. It’s just all talk about tyres. With these wider tyres it became more hard to overtake, carrying more DF to have better life out of tyres for the relative stints.

    For me next year should be to improve overtaking without fuel limit. That will test engine capacity & tyre durability which will increase pit stops.
    I agree Kimi fell asleep at the start, but how would some on this forum expect Kimi to overtake anyone from the top 3, let alone Bottas to overtake Vettel, or Hamilton to overtake Verstappen.

    The "overtaking" given the top 3 mostly takes place in the pits......all 3 competitors are evenly matched and affected by aero along with tyres. The one up front gets the clean air and pulls away from the pack.

  4. #394
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    5,366
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Why top 3? how many overtakes in the top 3 in the 70's, 80's etc? Probably less chance of overtakes up front when the cars are so evenly matched.

    my point exactly.

  5. #395
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    1,178
    Seb did it, didn't he!!! I'm so happy I was wrong about RBR when I said they wouldn't be a factor! Perfect results for Seb the last two races in terms compared to Lewis. I don't understand how RBR could be but they obviously were and took all those points off Lewis. If they could be they should have been closer in quali. Had Kimi not made that mistake yesterday I don't think Max would be starting 3rd. Too bad, again for Kimi. First losing 5th at the start and then coming out just behind Lewis. One is his fault, the other isn't. So one third into the season Ferrari are +1 in the WDC and -17 in WCC. The season isn't over but hard races/circuits coming up with different tyres. It will come down to development and DNFs. Too early to call right now but Seb did what he had to today!

  6. #396
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    6,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Otakukim View Post
    Ferrarif60 must be so happy lol
    Yup I'm super emotionally happy
    ...the new SF71H looks amazing. Let's hope it's gonna be as FAST as it looks.


  7. #397
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    28,597
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    I agree Kimi fell asleep at the start, but how would some on this forum expect Kimi to overtake anyone from the top 3, let alone Bottas to overtake Vettel, or Hamilton to overtake Verstappen.

    The "overtaking" given the top 3 mostly takes place in the pits......all 3 competitors are evenly matched and affected by aero along with tyres. The one up front gets the clean air and pulls away from the pack.
    He could start 2nd then?
    Forza Ferrari

  8. #398
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    6,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    German and Italian national anthem still brings tears to my eyes
    For me too, I get goosebumps every time but especially today that I was so close to the podium
    ...the new SF71H looks amazing. Let's hope it's gonna be as FAST as it looks.


  9. #399
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    270
    We need the RB's to continue to be racy...if they can mix it up w/ the Ferrari's and Mercs Kimi's lack of pace won't hurt as much b/c Merc won't be able to play games w/ Bottas and Hamilton.

  10. #400
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    5,366
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    He could start 2nd then?
    agreed. Given the top 3, quali is vastly important.

  11. #401
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Iceoplex
    Posts
    1,440
    Quote Originally Posted by tohellandback View Post
    Huge RAI fan but really dissappointed and I did not believe I will say this... We need to get rid of him finally.... He is useless as of now....no spark left...no desire to win left


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Worst of all - no desire to help Vettel at all. Kimi wont battle Hamilton hard even once - if Kimi goes all in vs Lewis, Hamilton would back off because of the WDC fight.
    Michael Schumacher - "I dont give gifts on track.”

  12. #402
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    230
    Time for Mercedes to find another "illegal" car part.

    British media on Friday - "There seem to be lots of reasons why Mercedes should be on the ropes in Canada, but in fact it's the overwhelming favourite".
    Another one - "Why Mercedes could have as much as a second in hand"

    The same ones push their conspiracy theories about batteries. Very bad.

  13. #403
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sarajevo
    Posts
    1,920
    Quote Originally Posted by Michal2_F1 View Post
    Time for Mercedes to find another "illegal" car part.

    British media on Friday - "There seem to be lots of reasons why Mercedes should be on the ropes in Canada, but in fact it's the overwhelming favourite".
    Another one - "Why Mercedes could have as much as a second in hand"

    The same ones push their conspiracy theories about batteries. Very bad.
    The thing that makes me very happy is that we are stronger each season, and these illegal accusations only means we are on top level

  14. #404
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    5,366
    FOM says it was not Harlow's mistake. The FIA have classified the race on lap 68. They blamed the flag marshall instead of Harlow.

  15. #405
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    230
    Doesn't matter whose fault it was, I don't think celebrities are necessary in those situations.

  16. #406
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    5,366
    Quote Originally Posted by Michal2_F1 View Post
    Time for Mercedes to find another "illegal" car part.

    British media on Friday - "There seem to be lots of reasons why Mercedes should be on the ropes in Canada, but in fact it's the overwhelming favourite".
    Another one - "Why Mercedes could have as much as a second in hand"

    The same ones push their conspiracy theories about batteries. Very bad.
    They come with an engine upgrade at Paul Ricard.....like a 10hp upgrade so they say.

  17. #407
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    5,366
    Quote Originally Posted by Michal2_F1 View Post
    .... I don't think celebrities are necessary in those situations.
    I agree. They just "show-up" to boost their popularity.

  18. #408
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    5,366
    Raikkonen: "But where we ended yesterday in qualifying with the mistake then it was difficult to overtake and it was boring."

  19. #409
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    germany
    Posts
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    They come with an engine upgrade at Paul Ricard.....like a 10hp upgrade so they say.
    I heard the upgrade will bring less than 10hp.

  20. #410
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    5,366
    Quote Originally Posted by coshida View Post
    I heard the upgrade will bring less than 10hp.
    somewhere around there.

  21. #411
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    1,178
    I think people are a bit tough on Kimi, at least this season. Look, he has two DNFs and none were his faults. It's not like he crashed. Had he scored points in Bahrain and Barcelona then Ferrari would be leading both championships. We're 17 points behind and Merc has not had a DNF, Bottas has had one race where he hasn't scored. What do you want him to do? Be quicker than Seb? I think he knows that's impossible on a regular basis because the F1 he came into back in the day has been gone for years. I think he doing a good job this season at least. Yes, the last two race weekends have been little off, it's qualifying again. But unlike the last few season he has shown this season he can still do it. Have some faith.

  22. #412
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    4,413
    Does anyone have a good HD Quality photo of Sebastian waving the Ferrari flag in parc ferme as we saw him doing that! Please send me a link or the photo!
    Maurizio Arrivabene fanpage:www.facebook.com/maurizioarrivabene

  23. #413
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    5,366
    Quote Originally Posted by fratelliferrari View Post
    Does anyone have a good HD Quality photo of Sebastian waving the Ferrari flag in parc ferme as we saw him doing that! Please send me a link or the photo!

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DfWzPLJW0AAPoYf.jpg

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DfWzPLOWAAEK5No.jpg

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DfWzZ6aW0AAGF0M.jpg

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DfWzPLBWsAAzXK2.jpg

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DfWv97aVQAAcGjz.jpg:large

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DfWxKSYX4AA62Bz.jpg:large

  24. #414
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    1,659
    Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    I think people are a bit tough on Kimi, at least this season. Look, he has two DNFs and none were his faults. It's not like he crashed. Had he scored points in Bahrain and Barcelona then Ferrari would be leading both championships. We're 17 points behind and Merc has not had a DNF, Bottas has had one race where he hasn't scored. What do you want him to do? Be quicker than Seb? I think he knows that's impossible on a regular basis because the F1 he came into back in the day has been gone for years. I think he doing a good job this season at least. Yes, the last two race weekends have been little off, it's qualifying again. But unlike the last few season he has shown this season he can still do it. Have some faith.


    Every other driver suffers when they can't get the tyres to work or are down on power & it's all "tsk, tsk... poor guy". Same happens to Kimi... "oh my, he's fallen asleep again".
    Just because he doesn't blame everything except himself for a bad result!
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

  25. #415
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,430
    Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    I think people are a bit tough on Kimi, at least this season. Look, he has two DNFs and none were his faults. It's not like he crashed. Had he scored points in Bahrain and Barcelona then Ferrari would be leading both championships. We're 17 points behind and Merc has not had a DNF, Bottas has had one race where he hasn't scored. What do you want him to do? Be quicker than Seb? I think he knows that's impossible on a regular basis because the F1 he came into back in the day has been gone for years. I think he doing a good job this season at least. Yes, the last two race weekends have been little off, it's qualifying again. But unlike the last few season he has shown this season he can still do it. Have some faith.
    Best post of the day !!! I couldn't agree more. If Kimi for example had Max's ambition Seb would quit !!

  26. #416
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    2,898
    I don't understand how Kimi wasn't able to put pressure on Lewis with tyres that were 15-20 laps newer and with Lewis having engine problems? Was Kimi also having problems during the race? I think they mentioned his dashboard was lighting up for brake issues, but his race engineer instructed him to ignore that message...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

  27. #417
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    norCal
    Posts
    9,216
    At this stage of his career, Kimi is clearly a #2. No pun intended. I think.
    He has to catch Hamilton. Period. No blaming the car, clearly.

    -Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari
    16/15
    36/2/13
    four

    Totus Tuus


  28. #418
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,936
    Lion drive by Vettel, well measured raced.

    Kimi, it seems the ice man melts when it comes to Q3 and the pressure is on. Fast forward to the race and out of the top 6 you can pretty much guarantee he will lose a place. I read a stat a few races ago that he is the only driver in the last year not to make up a place at the start of a race.

  29. #419
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,936
    Looks like Ferrari's engine is not all out power, improvements can be made elsewere such as better fuel comsumption as that also equals lap time as you cary less KG of fuel during the race. Lap time is not always about HP.

  30. #420
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,936
    This guy already starting with the mind games, I think Hamilton will crack first. Vettel is more relaxed this season

    http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...i_will_falter/

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •