Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Canadian GP - Race thread

Rosberg destroys Alonso. Nico was asked about chances of him getting good car -> "we all want to see that. but noone wants him because of his team internal politics games "

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    If so, how can one compensate for the low probability of overtake by the top 3 against one another on the track and not in the pits???
    Why top 3? how many overtakes in the top 3 in the 70's, 80's etc? Probably less chance of overtakes up front when the cars are so evenly matched.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Good quest. It’s just all talk about tyres. With these wider tyres it became more hard to overtake, carrying more DF to have better life out of tyres for the relative stints.

For me next year should be to improve overtaking without fuel limit. That will test engine capacity & tyre durability which will increase pit stops.
    I agree Kimi fell asleep at the start, but how would some on this forum expect Kimi to overtake anyone from the top 3, let alone Bottas to overtake Vettel, or Hamilton to overtake Verstappen.

The "overtaking" given the top 3 mostly takes place in the pits......all 3 competitors are evenly matched and affected by aero along with tyres. The one up front gets the clean air and pulls away from the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Why top 3? how many overtakes in the top 3 in the 70's, 80's etc? Probably less chance of overtakes up front when the cars are so evenly matched.

my point exactly.

Seb did it, didn't he!!! I'm so happy I was wrong about RBR when I said they wouldn't be a factor! Perfect results for Seb the last two races in terms compared to Lewis. I don't understand how RBR could be but they obviously were and took all those points off Lewis. If they could be they should have been closer in quali. Had Kimi not made that mistake yesterday I don't think Max would be starting 3rd. Too bad, again for Kimi. First losing 5th at the start and then coming out just behind Lewis. One is his fault, the other isn't. So one third into the season Ferrari are +1 in the WDC and -17 in WCC. The season isn't over but hard races/circuits coming up with different tyres. It will come down to development and DNFs. Too early to call right now but Seb did what he had to today!

Quote Originally Posted by Otakukim View Post
    Ferrarif60 must be so happy lol
    Yup I'm super emotionally happy
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

I agree Kimi fell asleep at the start, but how would some on this forum expect Kimi to overtake anyone from the top 3, let alone Bottas to overtake Vettel, or Hamilton to overtake Verstappen.

The "overtaking" given the top 3 mostly takes place in the pits......all 3 competitors are evenly matched and affected by aero along with tyres. The one up front gets the clean air and pulls away from the pack.
    He could start 2nd then?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    German and Italian national anthem still brings tears to my eyes
    For me too, I get goosebumps every time but especially today that I was so close to the podium
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

We need the RB's to continue to be racy...if they can mix it up w/ the Ferrari's and Mercs Kimi's lack of pace won't hurt as much b/c Merc won't be able to play games w/ Bottas and Hamilton.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    He could start 2nd then?
    agreed. Given the top 3, quali is vastly important.

Quote Originally Posted by tohellandback View Post
    Huge RAI fan but really dissappointed and I did not believe I will say this... We need to get rid of him finally.... He is useless as of now....no spark left...no desire to win left

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Worst of all - no desire to help Vettel at all. Kimi wont battle Hamilton hard even once - if Kimi goes all in vs Lewis, Hamilton would back off because of the WDC fight.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Time for Mercedes to find another "illegal" car part.

British media on Friday - "There seem to be lots of reasons why Mercedes should be on the ropes in Canada, but in fact it's the overwhelming favourite".
    Another one - "Why Mercedes could have as much as a second in hand"

The same ones push their conspiracy theories about batteries. Very bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Michal2_F1 View Post

British media on Friday - "There seem to be lots of reasons why Mercedes should be on the ropes in Canada, but in fact it's the overwhelming favourite".

The thing that makes me very happy is that we are stronger each season, and these illegal accusations only means we are on top level

FOM says it was not Harlow's mistake. The FIA have classified the race on lap 68. They blamed the flag marshall instead of Harlow.

Doesn't matter whose fault it was, I don't think celebrities are necessary in those situations.

They come with an engine upgrade at Paul Ricard.....like a 10hp upgrade so they say.

.... I don't think celebrities are necessary in those situations.
    I agree. They just "show-up" to boost their popularity.

Raikkonen: "But where we ended yesterday in qualifying with the mistake then it was difficult to overtake and it was boring."

They come with an engine upgrade at Paul Ricard.....like a 10hp upgrade so they say.
    I heard the upgrade will bring less than 10hp.

Quote Originally Posted by coshida View Post
    I heard the upgrade will bring less than 10hp.
    somewhere around there.

I think people are a bit tough on Kimi, at least this season. Look, he has two DNFs and none were his faults. It's not like he crashed. Had he scored points in Bahrain and Barcelona then Ferrari would be leading both championships. We're 17 points behind and Merc has not had a DNF, Bottas has had one race where he hasn't scored. What do you want him to do? Be quicker than Seb? I think he knows that's impossible on a regular basis because the F1 he came into back in the day has been gone for years. I think he doing a good job this season at least. Yes, the last two race weekends have been little off, it's qualifying again. But unlike the last few season he has shown this season he can still do it. Have some faith.

Does anyone have a good HD Quality photo of Sebastian waving the Ferrari flag in parc ferme as we saw him doing that! Please send me a link or the photo!
    Maurizio Arrivabene fanpage:www.facebook.com/maurizioarrivabene

Quote Originally Posted by fratelliferrari View Post
    Does anyone have a good HD Quality photo of Sebastian waving the Ferrari flag in parc ferme as we saw him doing that! Please send me a link or the photo!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DfWzPLJW0AAPoYf.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DfWzPLOWAAEK5No.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DfWzZ6aW0AAGF0M.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DfWzPLBWsAAzXK2.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DfWv97aVQAAcGjz.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DfWxKSYX4AA62Bz.jpg:large

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    I think people are a bit tough on Kimi, at least this season. Look, he has two DNFs and none were his faults. It's not like he crashed. Had he scored points in Bahrain and Barcelona then Ferrari would be leading both championships. We're 17 points behind and Merc has not had a DNF, Bottas has had one race where he hasn't scored. What do you want him to do? Be quicker than Seb? I think he knows that's impossible on a regular basis because the F1 he came into back in the day has been gone for years. I think he doing a good job this season at least. Yes, the last two race weekends have been little off, it's qualifying again. But unlike the last few season he has shown this season he can still do it. Have some faith.

Every other driver suffers when they can't get the tyres to work or are down on power & it's all "tsk, tsk... poor guy". Same happens to Kimi... "oh my, he's fallen asleep again".
    Just because he doesn't blame everything except himself for a bad result!
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    Best post of the day !!! I couldn't agree more. If Kimi for example had Max's ambition Seb would quit !!

I don't understand how Kimi wasn't able to put pressure on Lewis with tyres that were 15-20 laps newer and with Lewis having engine problems? Was Kimi also having problems during the race? I think they mentioned his dashboard was lighting up for brake issues, but his race engineer instructed him to ignore that message...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

At this stage of his career, Kimi is clearly a #2. No pun intended. I think.
    He has to catch Hamilton. Period. No blaming the car, clearly.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Lion drive by Vettel, well measured raced.

Kimi, it seems the ice man melts when it comes to Q3 and the pressure is on. Fast forward to the race and out of the top 6 you can pretty much guarantee he will lose a place. I read a stat a few races ago that he is the only driver in the last year not to make up a place at the start of a race.

Looks like Ferrari's engine is not all out power, improvements can be made elsewere such as better fuel comsumption as that also equals lap time as you cary less KG of fuel during the race. Lap time is not always about HP.

This guy already starting with the mind games, I think Hamilton will crack first. Vettel is more relaxed this season

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...i_will_falter/