View Poll Results: Charles Leclerc score points in 3/4 races . Can he earn a Ferrrari seat in 2019?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definitely yes

49 45.37%
  • Maybe yes

35 32.41%
  • Maybe no

11 10.19%
  • Definitely no

13 12.04%
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Charles Leclerc chances for Ferrari

Rubens Austria 2002! What a way to get the trophy!

Looks like there could still be chance to get Ricciardo.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13...ne-after-delay
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post

If you don't read what Ric says then I suppose that could be right.....
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post

He either signs with RedBull or goes to a lesser team.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    He either signs with RedBull or goes to a lesser team.
    Dan needs to finish a race or two ahead of Max. Car DNFs are a problem for both; but in a complete race Max is the man! As of now Dan better pray RB keeps him.
    Last edited by Brembo; 2nd August 2018 at 07:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    but in a complete race Max is the man! As of now Dan better pray RB keeps him.
    I disagree Brembo, Dan has the cooler head during a race....currently. Let's grant Max a 1st place win for 2017 whereby both have the same DNF's for 2017....Dan still comes out ahead in pts.

Love the kid, but he needs patience which he has shown in these past 2 races before Hungary....the Hungary race was a DNF. Let's hope he keeps it up.

Ok.... This summer break is heart breaking! Finally the F1 races were getting better and better to watch. I hope Ferrari comes back with the stronger car than Merc as it seems they now have! I wonder if Giovanazzi also gets a break?

Kimi to be confirmed at Monza. Question is, where does LeClerc go????--> HAAS most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Kimi to be confirmed at Monza. Question is, where does LeClerc go????--> HAAS most likely.
    I would like to see Giovanazzi before Leclerc @ Ferrari. He is more than likely by now a great engineer, driver. He "Knows" what's up with the cars! And he will be proud as can be driving #2 car for Ferrari .

TBH if Kimi is there one more year, i hope Leclerc stays at Sauber/alfa. Alfa have the money and resources and are much closer with ferrari so when kimi leaves it'l be a natural transition to get that cozy warmed up ferrari seat, especially if he gets to learn and mess up a bit with sauber before he is at Ferrari. The guy is so humble and has that down to earth, feet on the ground air about him. Thank the Lordy he is not like ham or max who have such a big ego, more Ham than max but yeah, he wont be toxic in the team like alonso either. The whole dani ric thing really has spiced things up lol, if only ferrari bought F.I that be insanely awesome ^^
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    TBH if Kimi is there one more year, i hope Leclerc stays at Sauber/alfa. Alfa have the money and resources and are much closer with ferrari so when kimi leaves it'l be a natural transition to get that cozy warmed up ferrari seat, especially if he gets to learn and mess up a bit with sauber before he is at Ferrari. The guy is so humble and has that down to earth, feet on the ground air about him. Thank the Lordy he is not like ham or max who have such a big ego, more Ham than max but yeah, he wont be toxic in the team like alonso either. The whole dani ric thing really has spiced things up lol, if only ferrari bought F.I that be insanely awesome ^^
    Ferrari doesn't need F. I. We have Sauber and a partnership with Haas. I think that is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Ferrari doesn't need F. I. We have Sauber and a partnership with Haas. I think that is enough.
    yep, F.I. is a pseudo Mercedes team.....Ocon moves over "Elton" when ordered too and their engines are supplied by Mercedes. Mercedes should buy them out to have a junior B team. They are better organized and have better drivers (currently) than Williams IMO given their budget.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    I guess it's how you talk off track, if your ego makes you proud when you say; win, get on the podium; or another pole. If your proud , you are toxic to your team. Shower, shave and hide until the next race. Feel bad for the drivers who finished behind you esp. DNFs and you will be more of a F1 hero to the fans. Seb's #1 Finger waving is part of what makes him a legend!

Je suis très cool comme coéquipier....

I am very cool as a teammate....
    https://twitter.com/Charles_Leclerc/...50325935734785

LOOOL 0% doubt , this guy in a ferrari hopefully soon will be such a joy to watch

great personality similar to J.B when he first showed up
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I guess it's how you talk off track, if your ego makes you proud when you say; win, get on the podium; or another pole. If your proud , you are toxic to your team. Shower, shave and hide until the next race. Feel bad for the drivers who finished behind you esp. DNFs and you will be more of a F1 hero to the fans. Seb's #1 Finger waving is part of what makes him a legend!
    It's a combination of what is done on the track, and what is said when off the track. Leclerc's personality amplifies his already amazing talent.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    It's a combination of what is done on the track, and what is said when off the track. Leclerc's personality amplifies his already amazing talent.
    I agree with your post. The word combination is where it's at. In Lewis' case it's 98% of the fans here loving to focus on what goes on off track. That's why Kimi is the best off track driver personality , " You want to know, watch the race." F-1 is about racing, the driver in his car winning, getting a few poles along the way. Sometimes even getting lucky should not be held against a driver. Meanwhile Leclerc's personality remains to be seen if he's blessed with a #2 seat at Ferrari. It hasn't happened yet , it will be amazing if he is trilled to be with Ferrari as a 2nd driver. More amazing will be if Seb wonderful personality will welcome him as an equal. Forget the off track drivers lives. Its personal and should be. Turn the page when you see it.

JV: Vettel would ‘eat Leclerc alive’
    Date published: August 16 2018

JV: Sebastian Vettel would 'eat Charles Leclerc alive'
    Signing Charles Leclerc for next season will either “destroy” the Monaco driver as Sebastian Vettel tries to “eat him alive” or it will hurt Ferrari, so says Jacques Villeneuve.

After a stellar start to his Formula 1 career, 20-year-old Leclerc has been tipped to replace Kimi Raikkonen at Ferrari next season.

The youngster, who is only making his debut this season, would be a gamble for Ferrari who in the past have gone with more experienced drivers given the pressure of racing in red.

Villeneuve warns it could end in tears.

Speaking on F1’s ‘Beyond The Grid’ podcast, the former World Champion said: “Of course, look at the work he has been doing.

ADVERTISING

“He’s third in the championship, he’s often quicker than Vettel, when he’s not he’s what, a tenth behind? He’s paramount in the development of the car.

“The whole team works fantastically well now, put a young cub next to Vettel; what will Vettel do? He’ll try to eat him alive.

“And either he will destroy the young cub, or it’ll end in tears and the whole team will end up going slower within two years, so that’s not constructive.”

The Canadian added that Leclerc should spend more time with a junior team, if not Sauber than Haas, where he can perfect his craft before stepping up to Ferrari.

He added: “Charles is still making a few mistakes, it would be great for Leclerc. It would be amazing for him, but it would be two years of Ferrari preparing him.

ADVERTISING

“Ferrari is like Mercedes, it’s not a team to prepare drivers. It’s a top team. Top teams, they buy and they pay the drivers as when they’re at their best and when they want them.

“That’s why you have junior teams to prepare them.”

Unless Leclerc at some point goes to Ferrari as #1 driver; I'd rather see Giovanazzi get the next chance. He will do what's for the team as he's doing now. He IMO realizes WCC is where it's at. Helping to bring a WDC also gets the points as we all know from both drivers.

It would be nice to see Giovanazzi get a drive in 2019 with either Haas or Sauber but like Charles he needs some time in midfield before he will be ready to join Ferrari imo

Forza Jules

Leclerc drove 2018 Ferrari in July Monza run
    https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/l...166841/?nrt=54

Ferrari has already run at Monza this year after using a filming day that gave Charles Leclerc his first on-track experience of its 2018 Formula 1 car.
    It has emerged in the build-up to this weekend's Italian Grand Prix that Ferrari completed 100km of running, the maximum allowed at so-called 'promotional events', at Monza in July with its SF71H.

Current Sauber driver and Ferrari protege Leclerc, who has been linked to a promotion to a race seat in 2019, drove the car.

Ferrari's first of two allowed filming days was used at Barcelona, before pre-season testing.

Though such days are done for marketing or promotional purposes, they can still be useful for teams as they can gain data from aerodynamic and engine parts.

Ferrari's run will also have been beneficial for small real-world assistance, such as a first experience of the resurfaced start-finish straight – changed to eliminate what FIA race director Charlie Whiting called a "significant" bump – and further chance for Leclerc to sample the car's functions behind the wheel and not just in the simulator.

The FIA has strict rules in place to govern procedure during these tests to prevent teams from gaining a competitive advantage.

Teams can only use one car, are restricted to 100km of running and Pirelli manufactures special demonstration tyres.

They must notify the FIA at least 72 hours before the test begins, informing them of the specification of the car, the driver, the nature of the test, the date and intended duration and the purpose.

Proper testing opportunities have been limited for some as part of a push to lower costs and minimise the advantage of bigger teams.

Two pre-season tests, capped at eight days, take place at the start of the year while in-season running is limited to a pair of two-day tests.

Teams must make sure that at least two of those four days are completed by drivers who have not competed in more than two F1 races races during their career.

There are further opportunities to test by assisting tyre supplier Pirelli's development programme, for which 25 days are allowed over the course of the year.

Back in 2013, Mercedes was banned from taking part a young driver test and given a reprimand for using a 2013 car during Pirelli testing, as using current machines was not allowed at the time.

Great news, Leclerc for me I feel he is ready to drive for Ferrari if we win this year and also to work with Vettel on the new engine regulation in 2021.

Leclerc will have to work for Vettel not only with him. I just can't see Leclerc moving over if he tastes a win. And he does not deserve that.

Nobody does deserve that.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Some rumors from the Italian media say CL to Ferrari is a done deal for next year. Even Brundle mentioned it I think. I'll believe it when I see it.

Personally I think it would be better to keep Kimli for another year. He is really on it this year (last year aswell, also don't forget in 2016 he was doing a better job than Seb for a part of the season). He's good at developing the car, everybody loves him and he does good performances. Don't forget he had a lot of badluck and a lot of times received a bad strategy because Ferrari was focussing on Seb.. I think there is nothing wrong with putting Leclerc in the Haas or Sauber for another year
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

The more I think about it the more I think Kimi is gone....
    Wy send eb out first for second run so Kimi has a slip stream? Seb saying we speak after etc... Perhas Ferrari giving Kimi a good farewell? Also the picture of Kimi with MSC and Kimi with Mick beeing shared by Minttu etc...
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

When Sergio Marchionne was president at Ferrari Leclerc had already signed a contract to replace Raikkonen next season according to our information.
    according to AMuS

they dont want to change anything that the legendary Sergio.M did and its looking like kimi will leave ferrari this year.

According to AMuS the new Ferrari management wants to keep Kimi but Marchionne has made a contract with Leclerc and since Ferrari does not want to get in conflict with Nicholas Todt (son of Jean Todt) they don‘t want to change anything again

Nicholas Todt is Charles manager i believe

Apparently ferrari are going to pay Leclerc compensation to keep kimi one more year but not yet decided