View Poll Results: Charles Leclerc score points in 3/4 races . Can he earn a Ferrrari seat in 2019?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definitely yes

49 45.37%
  • Maybe yes

35 32.41%
  • Maybe no

11 10.19%
  • Definitely no

13 12.04%
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Charles Leclerc chances for Ferrari

Nice picture.
    Yeah, Kimi is 39 next month, and now has a family, he can do something else what does not take so much time from family and good that we finally get driver from Ferrari Driver Academy, it is gonna be long term program, I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    La Gazzetta dello Sport today: Kimi out Leclerc in.
    Leclerc in a Ferrari in 2019 ... that might be a reason to watch still F1 in 2019 then ...
    No one expected RIC beat Vettel in 2014 but he did ... so lets wait and see (of course no one knows the tactical reasons of Vettel in 2014)
    "If I was driving for Red Bull [from 2008] probably I would have more championships, but because they were dominating between 2010 and 2014 probably I would never have driven for Ferrari. I am very happy and very proud to drive for Ferrari, all my time there.

I am happy for Leclerc. No reason to have a driver academy otherwise. And who knows, he may pull a "Ricciardo" next year.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    I am happy for Leclerc. No reason to have a driver academy otherwise. And who knows, he may pull a "Ricciardo" next year.
    Only if Sebastian pulls a "Vettel" next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    i just realized, age difference between Kimi and Leclerc is almost exactly 18 years, Kimi could be his dad
    And old as he is he does a pole and 2nd in Italy for Ferrari! F1 is prob. the most enduring physical sport. Kimi is prob. in the shape of a 28, 30 yr. old. And he's for sure cool and calm on and of track.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Only if Sebastian pulls a "Vettel" next year.
    Hopefully no the "Vettel" of this year.

rumor is it isnt 100% officially leclerc just yet but the final details and deal will be done/made in maranello today
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

yeah, but Leo Turrini and Pino Allievi write about it, they are "close to Ferrari". Turrini was sure. Have to wait official announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    yeah, but Leo Turrini and Pino Allievi write about it, they are "close to Ferrari". Turrini was sure. Have to wait official announcement.
    saw some f1 turkish media guy say M.A looked a bit stressed and came out of the factory to smoke abit before going back, about an hour ago.

Turrini is probably right
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

lol what if in a twist ferrari sign Kvyat to replace kimi

https://www.formel1.de/news/news/201...i-entscheidung
    Last edited by mwk360; 6th September 2018 at 08:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    And old as he is he does a pole and 2nd in Italy for Ferrari! F1 is prob. the most enduring physical sport. Kimi is prob. in the shape of a 28, 30 yr. old. And he's for sure cool and calm on and of track.
    He can still put blazing fast lap, like in Monza (although he got perfect tow there), but during race he is simply put not on level of Hamilton and Vettel. Bottas actually is sometimes, therefore he takes more pts of Vettel then Hamilton does. Bring on young Charles! He will get 5m euros less then Kimi as well.

Charles Leclerc at at the Automobile Club in Monaco today
    maybe kimi going to stick around? maybe ferrari already got the word, whats the point of the meeting today then lol

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    He can still put blazing fast lap, like in Monza (although he got perfect tow there), but during race he is simply put not on level of Hamilton and Vettel. Bottas actually is sometimes, therefore he takes more pts of Vettel then Hamilton does. Bring on young Charles! He will get 5m euros less then Kimi as well.
    OK he should have avoided that perfect tow, that looks bad knowing how to take that advantage. Not on a level with Lewis, ok but thank goodness he's not equal to Seb lately or Ferrari would be out of the WCC. It's the car!!

There's one thing I absolutely don't understand about this whole situation. How is telling Kimi he will be replaced now (in time) increases the chance for the team to win one or both titles as it stands? And how is telling him just prior to the race at Monza increase the same (if true)? From a managerial standpoint it's complete suicide if Elkann has done so and if Kimi gets the news with 7 races of the season to go. How will that motivate him to push like he has all year so far and score big in the WCC? And even if it does, how will that help Seb in the WDC fight if he starts to drive for himself only? Is Elkann so sure about Kimi's professionalism that he feels Kimi will drive the same even with knowing he's out? Afterall, it's a racing driver we're talking about and not a butler or any clerk. I don't understand the MO and I think it's stupid. I have nothing against Leclerc but don't tell me he can't wait a few more weeks to score his dream drive, officially. And if it's true that he already signed a contract with Sergio months ago then the announcement should have been done that week.

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    There's one thing I absolutely don't understand about this whole situation. How is telling Kimi he will be replaced now (in time) increases the chance for the team to win one or both titles as it stands? And how is telling him just prior to the race at Monza increase the same (if true)? From a managerial standpoint it's complete suicide if Elkann has done so and if Kimi gets the news with 7 races of the season to go. How will that motivate him to push like he has all year so far and score big in the WCC? And even if it does, how will that help Seb in the WDC fight if he starts to drive for himself only? Is Elkann so sure about Kimi's professionalism that he feels Kimi will drive the same even with knowing he's out? Afterall, it's a racing driver we're talking about and not a butler or any clerk. I don't understand the MO and I think it's stupid. I have nothing against Leclerc but don't tell me he can't wait a few more weeks to score his dream drive, officially. And if it's true that he already signed a contract with Sergio months ago then the announcement should have been done that week.
    I have to think that doing it now or continuing to drag things out would probably have the same effect. One thing's for sure, the team is nowhere near as stable as it was prior to Marchionne's death, which is especially unfortunate, given how great the car is.

Disappointed Since 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8U-G_CObFw

It would be quite sad to see this duo split. At least for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    I have to think that doing it now or continuing to drag things out would probably have the same effect. One thing's for sure, the team is nowhere near as stable as it was prior to Marchionne's death, which is especially unfortunate, given how great the car is.
    Drag out or not is past that months ago if Leclerc already signed a contract with Sergio. Making it official now is the absolute worst moment in time. Kimi obviously couldn't be sure that is the case, even if he heard rumours (probably), but it has obviously kept him on his toes in all races since. Knowing 100% you're out now will spell trouble, mark my words. Especially after hearing Kimi a few weeks ago saying something along the lines "they know what I want". That sure doesn't sound like someone knowing the whole picture.

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    Drag out or not is past that months ago if Leclerc already signed a contract with Sergio. Making it official now is the absolute worst moment in time. Kimi obviously couldn't be sure that is the case, even if he heard rumours (probably), but it has obviously kept him on his toes in all races since. Knowing 100% you're out now will spell trouble, mark my words. Especially after hearing Kimi a few weeks ago saying something along the lines "they know what I want". That sure doesn't sound like someone knowing the whole picture.
    All very good points.

Also, 2:09 pm in Italy right now. What are they waiting for? The suspense is killing me.

Disappointed Since 2010

2018 from Singapore:
    Kimi+Lec
    2019:
    Seb in AMG MB
    Ham out with 5 title

My love for the sport is so high that I still like to continue,
    but I don’t see any reason to fix myself too early. © MS

All very good points.

Also, 2:09 pm in Italy right now. What are they waiting for? The suspense is killing me.
    me too!!! omg

All very good points.

It's now 15:15, will there be any news today?

Rumour has it that Ferrari tried to pass leclerc to haas, but gene would have none of it, so Ferrari have to take him now.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Rumour has it that Ferrari tried to pass leclerc to haas, but gene would have none of it, so Ferrari have to take him now.
    So he'd rather keep that idiot Grosjean. GENEius...

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFerrari View Post
    So he'd rather keep that idiot Grosjean. GENEius...
    Reports say they might go for Ocon instead, as they pushed that Ferrari have no say in it.

""We could take him, we may decide not to take him," said Steiner.

"But we can decide that, it's our judgement that counts. We're not told what to do.

"It's more a philosophical thing for us. We have got a good partner in Ferrari.

"I respect Ocon, he's a very good driver."
    Last edited by IulianFerrari; 6th September 2018 at 13:36.

Grojean is currently doing well after the horrible slump at the start of the year, no sense for haas to make a seat for leclerc only for ferrari to take him as soon as kimi defaults back to his form he was in these past few years. Haas probably want a stable team too , one that they can build around, gro & mag are doing well imho , maybe kimi can go to sauber if he really wants to stay in f1, gio is the causality but kimi could give experience in setting up the car i guess

If Leclerc join ferrari in 2019, its up to M.A to make leclerc and seb work as a team, no need to make it like it was at redbull with max & dani ric racing each other and ruining each others races, leclerc is young and has NOTHING to lose by supporting seb and the team in the future, eventually taking over for seb.

If ferrari want to win anything and continue to strengthen the car and team they need to make a no.1 & no2 driver line up like mercs. No inner term battles. i know this is a hard period for people especially for those who support kimi, but if he is replaced Leclerc is a great replacement and he can be the no.2 driver the way rubens & eddie was when ferrari actually won championships, while he gets his own skills sharpened

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    If Leclerc join ferrari in 2019, its up to M.A to make leclerc and seb work as a team, no need to make it like it was at redbull with max & dani ric racing each other and ruining each others races, leclerc is young and has NOTHING to lose by supporting seb and the team in the future, eventually taking over for seb.

If ferrari want to win anything and continue to strengthen the car and team they need to make a no.1 & no2 driver line up like mercs. No inner term battles. i know this is a hard period for people especially for those who support kimi, but if he is replaced Leclerc is a great replacement and he can be the no.2 driver the way rubens & eddie was when ferrari actually won championships, while he gets his own skills sharpened
    Name me one driver from history of Ferrari who was a support driver and then became lead driver. I hope Leclerc knows this

My love for the sport is so high that I still like to continue,
    but I don’t see any reason to fix myself too early. © MS

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Name me one driver from history of Ferrari who was a support driver and then became lead driver. I hope Leclerc knows this
    the best no.2 is bottas but he is taken who knows maybe leclerc will make history and become the no.1 whilst seb is still there