View Poll Results: Charles Leclerc score points in 3/4 races . Can he earn a Ferrrari seat in 2019?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definitely yes

49 45.37%
  • Maybe yes

35 32.41%
  • Maybe no

11 10.19%
  • Definitely no

13 12.04%
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516

Thread: Charles Leclerc chances for Ferrari

Yeah, sorry, not even.

Main.average_finish_position:
    12,33 11,60

Yeah, Ericsson lost twice to Nasr and once to Wehrlein.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Yeah, sorry, not even.

Main.average_finish_position:
    12,33 11,60

Yeah, Ericsson lost twice to Nasr and once to Wehrlein.
    Yup! And now Leclerc has more than three times as many points as Wehrlein won last year!

Disappointed Since 2010

Ferrari PU has been phenomenal this year.

Ferrari PU has been phenomenal this year.
    The one Mercedes built is great too, but that hasn’t helped Williams much.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    The one Mercedes built is great too, but that hasn’t helped Williams much.
    Sauber as a team is much better this year. Marcus Ericsson couldn't score a single point in last two years. Back in 2015 with decent car he scored 9 with Sauber, the rookie Felipe Nasr 27.

This season Ericsson have scored 6 points already.

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    Yup! And now Leclerc has more than three times as many points as Wehrlein won last year!
    Let's see if LeClerc can gain those 27 points that Felipe Nasr could with Sauber back in 2015.

I just dont want to watch Kimi any longer. I dont think, looking at past 5 years of him here, he deserves a single year more.

Quote Originally Posted by Lega Verde View Post
    Sauber as a team is much better this year. Marcus Ericsson couldn't score a single point in last two years. Back in 2015 with decent car he scored 9 with Sauber, the rookie Felipe Nasr 27.

This season Ericsson have scored 6 points already.

Let's see if LeClerc can gain those 27 points that Felipe Nasr could with Sauber back in 2015.
    Nasr was 27-9 against Ericcson and he was deemed not good enough for F1, Leclerc is 13-6 and he is promoted to the fastest car. You draw the conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Nasr was 27-9 against Ericcson and he was deemed not good enough for F1, Leclerc is 13-6 and he is promoted to the fastest car. You draw the conclusions.
    Just have a look at the average gap between Leclerc and ericsson in qualification and you will have all the answers do you need for .

Quote Originally Posted by jpalmito View Post
    Just have a look at the average gap between Leclerc and ericsson in qualification and you will have all the answers do you need for .
    Points are the only thing that matter, and they give me all the answers I need. Look at Hamilton vs teammate and Seb vs teammate in qualy and race. Does it help us that Seb is doing better in qualy? No.

Points are the only thing that matter, and they give me all the answers I need. Look at Hamilton vs teammate and Seb vs teammate in qualy and race. Does it help us that Seb is doing better in qualy? No.
    Ferrari really don't care about Leclerc points standings against ericsson . They know Leclerc is the real deal because of their telemetry.
    It's just about future potential not instant picture ( remember kimi in 2001 against heidfield )

We get it, you want Kimi to stay.
    Forza Ferrari

Ferrari really don't care about Leclerc points standings against ericsson . They know Leclerc is the real deal because of their telemetry.
    It's just about future potential not instant picture ( remember kimi in 2001 against heidfield )
    Yeah 18 years ago, things where a bit different. Kimi never finished lower than 10th in that season bar DNFs. Can't compare heidfeld with ericsson also.
    The kid has potential, I'll give him that but Ferrari isn't a nursery, that's why they have sauber. Mercedes opted for an established driver too in Bottas, not some kid with decent telemetry. Want to see how talent looks,
    Last edited by IulianFerrari; 9th September 2018 at 21:25.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    We get it, you want Kimi to stay.
    I know everybody gets it. Would have accepted a Ricciardo deal also.

Yeah 18 years ago, things where a bit different.
    The kid has potential, I'll give him that but Ferrari isn't a nursery, that's why they have sauber. Mercedes opted for an established driver too in Bottas, not some kid with good telemetry.
    Verstappen two years ago was a " baby " too, and a top driver now .
    Fact :
    When Vettel is not there, kimi isn't able to compete with Hamilton.

I'm sure Leclerc will give Vettel a strong competition in the second half of next year .
    In the end it's a win-win situation for the team .

When Vettel isn't there, he's not competing with Hamilton either! Or he'd be there. Mistakes are not a good excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by aquaria View Post
    Carlo Vanzini on Instagram:

Part on italian: Time has come, the decision has been made and signed. Which one?

This is suggesting that Kimi will renew
    Btw, just noticed that Leclerc has liked this post on Instagram... total mind

Last time Ferrari took driver with out merits (he did beat Villeneuve as team mate) was Massa and third year he was fighting about title.

Nicolas Todt was his manager. So it has happened before.
    Last edited by KimiBot; 10th September 2018 at 05:46.

Charles Leclerc chances for Ferrari

Last time Ferrari took driver with out merits (he did beat Villeneuve as team mate) was Massa and third year he was fighting about title.

Nicolas Todt was his manager. So it has happened before.
    And who was team principal then? Oh yeah a tough bloke, and yes he could also impose team orders
    Last edited by Rishu; 10th September 2018 at 06:48.

For me driver and personality-wise I don't really care if Charles replaces Kimi for 2019 or not. That's not my priority. My priority is that I hope, if it happens, that Ferrari have turned up every stone and tried to forsee any possible scenario for next season that might occur and if Charles will handle it better than Kimi. We shouldn't kid ourselves but more factors speak in Kimi's favour but on the other hand a young driver has to start somewhere and some day. The biggest factor, as I see it, is the current car/project and where it is in strenght and development. If this year's car would be a dog with no help in sight, even next year (like McLaren or Williams) then changing drivers would not be a big problem. If you can't win anything then changing drivers is a non question. But since Ferrari most likely will be very competitive, like this year, I really, really want Ferrari to have the chance to maximize the points scored. I don't want to hear comments like "oops", "what if..." or "we didn't think this could happen" etc. Logically, because of how Kimi has been driving this season he should be able to continue this performance next year. Charles might very well do the same but it's more uncertain. I think most can and will acknowledge that.

If there is some grain of truth in all news posted regarding this issue then the most sensible and logical thing would be to give Kimi one more year, give Charles the full Ferrari driver stamp, pay him like he would drive the other car and let him continue at Sauber or muscle Haas into a deal to take him. Maybe even have a clasue that a mid-season switch in 2019 could be possible depending on Kimi's results. Changing for the sake of change is stupid so I really hope Ferrari have thought about everything before they make a final call. Afterall, points are the only thing that count.

Verstappen two years ago was a " baby " too, and a top driver now .
    Fact :
    When Vettel is not there, kimi isn't able to compete with Hamilton.

I'm sure Leclerc will give Vettel a strong competition in the second half of next year .
    In the end it's a win-win situation for the team .
    Redbull lets BOTH their drivers race!!!!!

Ferrari and Mercedes, not so much......Bottas and Kimi are on different race & tire strats.

If RedBull equalled Ferrari & MB in hp, then we would see a different outcome between how they treat both their drivers.

Andrew Benson

Verified account

@andrewbensonf1
    Following Following @andrewbensonf1
    More
    Ferrari announces that "at the end of the 2018 season, Kimi Raikkonen will step down from his current role". No info on his replacement yet, but it will be Charles Leclerc

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    Andrew Benson

Verified account

@andrewbensonf1
    Following Following @andrewbensonf1
    More
    Ferrari announces that "at the end of the 2018 season, Kimi Raikkonen will step down from his current role". No info on his replacement yet, but it will be Charles Leclerc
    Yep, he will drive for Alfa-Sauber and LeClerc to Ferrari.
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 11th September 2018 at 08:46.