Thread: A new way to spice up F1 race weekends

A new way to spice up F1 race weekends

Top ten qualifiers do a race on fridays with a spec F1 car that is identical down to the last setting and limited to hp and boost. NO KERS!!!!! 40 laps with a rolling start at 75% throttle as to try and not have any wrecks!!!! ,100kg's of fuel with no fuel limits and one set of tires for the entire race.This will start with results from the last race qualifying of last year then so forth for the rest of the season. Top ten drivers will draw #'s for cars 1-10 which are put on the grid using the same method. Drivers should never end up with the same car. Then basically the best driver should prevail and the winner gets 10 points down to 1 point for last. Your win gets you 2 points in the WDC and the rest of the places gets you nothing as to not upset the WDC to much but to spice it up a bit. If a driver doesn't return for the next season then the person added would be from the first qualifying session of the new year for the next race.
    Last edited by sxviper698; 21st June 2018 at 06:04. Reason: more info

That's all fine and dandy but why do we really need more than just the full GP race every weekend? I've never understood the fascination with having all these sprint race options and extra points awarded. I would much rather go back to the 10-6-4-3-2-1 system than anything else. If extra points are to be awarded, then give 1 point for pole position and 1 point for fastest lap (or 2 points for pole only). That way a win could be worth twice as much as second place because of the bonus points. In a 20 race calendar maybe only count the 15 best results. That way drivers could drop DNFs and/or non-scoring races. All this will obviously never happen but maybe it can happen in a breakaway series. I would also consider the chance for teams to enter a third car.

I'm just tired of guys being called the best because the car they drive that's all. Just unbiased racing for bragging rights. I think it would humble some and justify others as good drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by sxviper698 View Post
    I'm just tired of guys being called the best because the car they drive that's all. Just unbiased racing for bragging rights. I think it would humble some and justify others as good drivers.
    would pay $10 to see Stroll, ericsson or leclerc wipe the floor with hamilton tbh
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    would pay $10 to see Stroll, ericsson or leclerc wipe the floor with hamilton tbh
    Lol...you would be paying $10 to get a rude awakening and a serious dose of reality, bub.

How about hot chicks bikini/lube wrestling? Seems more interesting that a spec sprint race.

Take away downforce, bring back ground effects. High speed lap times produced by big tyres and big wings translate to few passes.

Quote Originally Posted by ScuderiaBuckeye View Post
    Lol...you would be paying $10 to get a rude awakening and a serious dose of reality, bub.
    +1
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by sxviper698 View Post
    Or " They lost because of the car" it seems to go either way. There's no harm in defending your favorite driver, even if it's a little slanted his way! The tough thing is having a favorite driver not on your favorite team !!