Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: French GP Practice and Qualifying thread.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    just relax u fool.....it's only practince and i also heard that Seb was running the old engine in free practice.....we'll be back on top tomorrow

i wouldn's loose any sleep overnight if i were you.....lol
    but we are higher in the speedtraps by a large bit doesnt that mean mercs are more detuned
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    but we are higher in the speedtraps by a large bit doesnt that mean mercs are more detuned
    OR, maybe our drivers were just driving to a DELTA.....not really pushing for fast lap times showing their hand.....we've seen that almost every free practice.....

usually in FP3 just before quali we'll see our boys push for a faster time.....at least that's what i've seen for the past 5-6 grand prix free practices
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Isola: "With a brand-new circuit, changing wind directions, cooler conditions expected tomorrow and also some red flag interruptions today, there are still a few question marks tonight. But the situation will as usual become clearer as the weekend goes on."

Isola: "However, the ultrasoft has shown plenty of performance as well, so we have all three different compounds that look viable as part of a potential race strategy. Exactly what that strategy will be depends on the result of the data analysis, which will continue after FP3"
    if the harder tyre is faster than the soft again than these mod tyres should not be used at silverstone imo, let all teams deal with the so called blistering thats going to occur
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    OR, maybe our drivers were just driving to a DELTA.....not really pushing for fast lap times showing their hand.....we've seen that almost every free practice.....

usually in FP3 just before quali we'll see our boys push for a faster time.....at least that's what i've seen for the past 5-6 grand prix free practices
    possible, seb said he hasnt been able to unlock the car's potential yet so hoping antonio can figure it out, bit weird that we require sim so much every post FP2 and is hard to get things right out of the box

if the harder tyre is faster than the soft again than these mod tyres should not be used at silverstone imo, let all teams deal with the so called blistering thats going to occur
    i kind of agree with your statement....but i betcha Formula Pirelli thinks otherwise....bunch a FOOLS, that's what they are
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

French Grand Prix - Potential to be unlocked

Kimi, Seb “reasonably happy” but feel they can find more performance for tomorrow

Le Castellet, June 22 – The Paul Ricard Circuit may be “new” to the youngest generation of fans, but for Scuderia Ferrari drivers Kimi Raikkonen and Sebastian Vettel it was just “another hot day at the office” as they progressed through the planned sequence of laps in Friday’s free practice, using different tyre compounds track that saw temperatures shoot over the 50 degree mark, while testing new solutions on their SF71Hs. The day ended with Kimi and Seb setting P4 and P5 respectively, before switching to a race simulation which produced encouraging pace.

“It was a good day” commented Kimi “and it’s fun to be in a new place, I enjoyed it as it’s something different. In the afternoon session, the weather conditions made it quite tricky. It was not the easiest situation on track, but overall it was ok. From the tyre point of view I think it was also pretty ok. Obviously we cannot compare what we saw today with the past, as this is a new track for everyone, but I think that we had no particular issues.”

Sebastian’s wrap-up of the day sounded quite similar: “The long-runs felt pretty OK, quite consistent, although I haven’t seen much of what the other teams did. I think the car has more potential here, especially on the fast laps, which we need to unlock for tomorrow and then we’ll be fine. The wind was quite an issue at the beginning of the session, but then it calmed down and it all started to come together. In the end I was reasonably happy with today’s run”.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

That is Giovinnazi and kvyat job
    That what they have signed for.
    It's Ferrari procedure After fp1 and fp2 data collection and team meetings between drivers, Engineers and maranello

Even Mercedes is doing that sometimes they ve got Tyre dégradation problems friday and saturday its gone.

And if you relax friday without improving your car to perform better you Will cry on saturday/sunday

FerrariSteve Guest
    Jeez, all those blue lines are awful to look at, I can imagine watching the race would give me a headache hehe.

Why was that silly little chicane added to the Mistral straight? way to ruin it.. jeez :(

This is a great shot! Kudos if you took it yourself. I think the halo looks pretty cool on our car, and the mirrors sticking off don't look as unsightly now that the winglets have been outlawed.

I'm looking forward to a cleaner front wing on these machines...I'm not a fan of all the winglets. I like the "clean" look of the rear wings now and would like to see the ugliness of the sidepods cleaned up so we can return to sleek looking racing machines.

No it could easily mean different aero setup

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Could it be? Formula =Pirelli is now coloring the tracks also ?

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post
    Jeez, all those blue lines are awful to look at, I can imagine watching the race would give me a headache hehe.

Why was that silly little chicane added to the Mistral straight? way to ruin it.. jeez :(

check this pic out???

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DgUhXOpWAAc1t27.jpg

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/899313...er-unit-france

"It was confirmed ahead of Friday practice at Paul Ricard that all of the Mercedes, Williams, and Force India cars had received fresh power units ahead of the race weekend, with the German manufacturer later making official that they are the updated specification with some "added goodness" beyond what was planned for Canada."

https://www.crash.net/f1/results/899...tice-2-results

16. Esteban Ocon FRA Sahara Force India F1 Team + 3.166s (25)
    17. Lance Stroll CAN Williams Martini Racing + 3.397s (34)
    18. Sergey Sirotkin RUS Williams Martini Racing + 3.431s (35)
    19. Sergio Perez MEX Sahara Force India F1 Team + 3.541s (13)

The only car to finish behind these four Merc new-engine-powered cars was a Sauber that put in no time in the session...Grossjean and Magnussen of Haas finished in the top 10.

Quote Originally Posted by ScuderiaBuckeye View Post
    https://www.crash.net/f1/news/899313...er-unit-france

"It was confirmed ahead of Friday practice at Paul Ricard that all of the Mercedes, Williams, and Force India cars had received fresh power units ahead of the race weekend, with the German manufacturer later making official that they are the updated specification with some "added goodness" beyond what was planned for Canada."

https://www.crash.net/f1/results/899...tice-2-results

16. Esteban Ocon FRA Sahara Force India F1 Team + 3.166s (25)
    17. Lance Stroll CAN Williams Martini Racing + 3.397s (34)
    18. Sergey Sirotkin RUS Williams Martini Racing + 3.431s (35)
    19. Sergio Perez MEX Sahara Force India F1 Team + 3.541s (13)

The only car to finish behind these four Merc new-engine-powered cars was a Sauber that put in no time in the session...Grossjean and Magnussen of Haas finished in the top 10.

I feel like Haas could easily be the 4th best team if they had a bit more luck and their drivers, especially Grosjean, stepped it up a bit.

FP2 REVEALS VETTEL DOMINANT FOR FRENCH GP ON SUNDAY
    June 22, 2018 · by thejudge13 · in Daily F1 News and Comment. ·
    Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes maybe grabbing the headlines for Friday practice at Paul Ricard circuit for this weekends French Grand Prix, but closer analysis shows that Ferrari will be the team to beat on Sunday.

The second practice on Friday is always a telling one, where teams concentrate on long run pace over glory fast laps, and despite only going 5th fastest; Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel long run pace is staggering fast over the opposition.

Only Lewis Hamilton is relatively close to the German in race simulations.

And indeed Mercedes should be quick with a bunch of significant power unit upgrades that were promised for Canada last time out, delayed until this French Grand Prix. The upgrades reflected great pace in the lap charts, both in outright lap time but also in long run pace.

Mercedes says that they used all new power units during Friday practice. Both reliability & power improvements were the focus of these updates and after trouble free running today, Mercedes plans to run these upgraded power units for the rest of the weekend.

According to Mercedes the new power units at Paul Ricard are not just “Phase 2.0” that was planned for introduction at Canada but “Phase 2.1” with some “added goodness” claims Tobi Grüner from Auto Motor und Sport on Twitter.

Looking back at Ferrari, and in particular Sebastian Vettel and his race simulations – if taken as an average over his two stints without traffic – shows that he boasts an average lap time of 1:36.39 on the ultra softs, his shorter stint. That’s nearly a whole second faster that the two closest drivers, Lewis Hamilton (1:37.27 – super soft) and Max Vertstappen (1:37.21 ultra soft).

Vettels longer stint on the super soft was as equally impressive, pounding out the most laps in that stint than any other of the top 6 drivers from Mercedes, Red Bull and Ferrari. Yet still managing to be consistently fast, averaging comfortably under the 1 minute 38’s, whereas everyone else, apart from Daniel Ricciardo averaged over that time on their longer stint.

The icing on the cake for Vettel is the fact he did this using an old specification power unit, due to be replaced with the current evolution engine from Saturday onwards used in Canada.

https://thejudge13.com/2018/06/21/tr...for-french-gp/

Paddock rumour and sources from Italy have revealed that a significant upgrade is coming for the race at Paul Ricard this weekend. An upgraded rear suspension designed to cope with the skinny tyres from Pirelli, but also improve the aero function of the suspension arms in a bid to improve downforce. The trick they never got working for Barcelona; improved aero but not at the expense of tyre life.

This forum is so funny. Everyone over on F1 technical is freaking out about ferrari’s pace (because it’s so strong) and people here are panicking as usual. We’ll never learn, it seems, that Ferrari are sleepy on a Friday. This is good! It wasn’t so long ago that we’d head every Friday practice and be nowhere the rest of the weekend.

I’m so proud of the team at the moment. Machionne, Arrivabene, Binotto, Clear, Vettel. The new dream team. Mark my words.

race pace analysed by official f1, we seem close to mercs on race pace at the moment, everybody hiding their cards, hoping we hiding more

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/f...n-france-.html
    Mercedes came out on top of the pile for the second successive race but it’s super close. In fact, just a tenth of a second separates Mercedes, Red Bull and Ferrari. That will explain why Hamilton was so cautious in his assessments of the running on Friday.

Long-run pace deficit (seconds per lap)
    1. Mercedes

2. Red Bull +0

3. Ferrari +0

4. Haas +0.9s/lap

5. Toro Rosso +1.5s/lap

6. McLaren +1.7s/lap

7. Renault +1.7s/lap

8. Sauber +2.4s/lap

9. Williams +2.8s/lap

10. Force India +3.8s/lap

I hope Sauber can catch and jump, TR and Mclaren

i love this huge amount of red, even if we are missing sponsers on stuff like rear wing, it looks really good

i love this huge amount of red, even if we are missing sponsers on stuff like rear wing, it looks really good
    Only thing that makes this cars not so good looking is disgusting HALO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    This forum is so funny. Everyone over on F1 technical is freaking out about ferrari’s pace (because it’s so strong) and people here are panicking as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by KonPatTsh View Post
    FP2 REVEALS VETTEL DOMINANT FOR FRENCH GP ON SUNDAY

The icing on the cake for Vettel is the fact he did this using an old specification power unit, due to be replaced with the current evolution engine from Saturday onwards used in Canada.
    Thanks

I think A.Gio is in the sim tonight, seb said he tried different lines but he's not comfortable yet, there's potential there to improve but he doesnt have the key, hoping tomorrow will be better.
    Yeah it will better today but a second is too much, with a clean lap in Canada, Hamilton would be on pole by at least 3 tenths and now with the ominously powerful Spec 2.1 + power track + thinner tyres, Hamilton could be on pole by at least half a second.

Hoping Vettel has a good start so he can have a tow going into turn 1 to lead the race.

This forum is so funny. Everyone over on F1 technical is freaking out about ferrari’s pace (because it’s so strong) and people here are panicking as usual. We’ll never learn, it seems, that Ferrari are sleepy on a Friday. This is good! It wasn’t so long ago that we’d head every Friday practice and be nowhere the rest of the weekend.

I’m so proud of the team at the moment. Machionne, Arrivabene, Binotto, Clear, Vettel. The new dream team. Mark my words.
    Don't take that forum seriously, whatever they say, turn that around by 180 degree to get the real result. They said the same thing in Spain and we know how that turned out. I do agree about the team - Marchionne + Arrivabene + Binotto + Clear + Vettel = Domination.

Surely you're mistaken, what do they know over a forum oriented about all things technical ?
    We're doomed, Merc #1 , roll on 2020!
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

I have said this before to many physics on this forum scary people brilliant speculators no real substance as they say you can not argue with a fool he will lower you to his level and then beat you with his experiance sit back and enjoy ferrari info is classified simple as that race day will answer all. Go the reds.