Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: French GP Practice and Qualifying thread.

Looks like Merc is the faster car here this weekend, whatever the reason it may be (new engine, tires, etc)

Going into the race, Merc have a tire advantage. But I am hoping we have a stronger race pace, and Vettel can pull ahead of them and try to control the race.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Ferrari good at high speed & slow corners.
    Last year they were good at medium & slow corners.
    maybe we are hurting a bit since losing the that simone guy to sauber? this track is monaco's longer brother, i dont see any chance to overtake, i hope ferrari has the better strategy
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

We lost 3 tenths in S1, 2 tenths in S2 and a tenth in S3. If Lewis had an ideal lap we would have been 6 tenths slower.

We need to pass Bottas on start to have any chance to fight for the win.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    maybe we are hurting a bit since losing the that simone guy to sauber? this track is monaco's longer brother, i dont see any chance to overtake, i hope ferrari has the better strategy
    That have nothing to do with losing simone resta

Yehh ,the Merc trolls can be happy now!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Yehh ,the Merc trolls can be happy now!!!!

Our race pass looked competitive, if Seb can jump Bot at the start, he may just have a chance. Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Looks like Merc is the faster car here this weekend, whatever the reason it may be (new engine, tires, etc)

Going into the race, Merc have a tire advantage. But I am hoping we have a stronger race pace, and Vettel can pull ahead of them and try to control the race.
    I don't agree that Mercedes has a tire advantage, they are starting on SS so they either have to go for softs during the second stint or go for a 2 stopper, we are startin on US and if we can make our tire last we can go for SS on the second stint, which should be the better tire for the race.
    I actually think we have the tire advantage but it all depends on the start. If we can pass at least one Mercedes we might have chances later in the race.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Our race pass looked competitive, if Seb can jump Bot at the start, he may just have a chance. Maybe.
    just gotta hope they didnt take a step back after the changes they made last night and on the sim since they couldnt test it or tweak it
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Im not sure if the merc tyres helped them or the new PU? I still feel its down to the tyres. With Kimi i feel he had his chance.

Quote Originally Posted by coshida View Post
    That have nothing to do with losing simone resta
    i thought he was one of our aero, chassis guy

We had 4 poles and 3 victories this season. You cant get pole or win on every track. Calm down guys.

I can accept the results, thats racing after all, BUT i really hate some so called Ferrari fans,talking nonsense all the time and always try to find the slightly excuse to praise Merc(or RBR).This realy discusses me!!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DelMar View Post
    We lost 3 tenths in S1, 2 tenths in S2 and a tenth in S3. If Lewis had an ideal lap we would have been 6 tenths slower.

We need to pass Bottas on start to have any chance to fight for the win.
    6 tenths is ominous, the fact bottas was only just behind hamilton tells me its the car that has a big advantage

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    I can accept the results, thats racing after all, BUT i really hate some so called Ferrari fans,talking nonsense all the time and always try to find the slightly excuse to praise Merc(or RBR).This realy discusses me!!!!!!
    It's destroying this place

Leclerc
    "Where do I park the car after Q3? I've never been in it! so I don't know"
    lol

I guess it's a combination of things, like, lack of run in fp3, new engine on merc, tires that are more suitable to them. All in all it makes only 4ths because what some people are not noting is that vettel made lot of mistakes in last lap. He didn't improve in any sector when merc did. Tomorrow will be difficult but not imposible.

You Kimi...you have disappointed yet again [emoji17][emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Remember - You just have the feeling that some years you have done a good job and others when you feel there was something missing or something you wanted to change or want to improve for next year

Sebastian Vettel: After the first attempt I saw that we were maybe there so I knew that with a really amazing lap I could maybe have a chance but it didn't come.
    In the end with P3 I'm happy because the car should be good in the race.

I think Ferrari focused on a wet race. Seb seems confident about the car for the race, and they used US in Q2. Maybe expecting to not need it anyway...? Will be interesting to see.

Soooooo, do we hope for rain....maybe???

https://twitter.com/Gianludale27/sta...44981059219456

sebs post radio, lots of sighs and obviously disappointed but gave an interview later saying race pace should be better

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    lol mad max next to seb, i dont want another singapore, hehe wouldnt mind rain if it falls at the exact time that will put ferrari in the lead though

Quote Originally Posted by tohellandback View Post
    You Kimi...you have disappointed yet again [emoji17][emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    i think this will be his last season honestly at ferrari anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post

Tyre advantage? it's expected to be a 1 stopper. Have they got newer tyres then us or something?

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    rain favors the teams that run more downforce...

Seb needs a good start tomorrow, can't afford to lose position to Mad Max.

We might have a fight in our hands against RB if we were to retain second position in the constructors. I know everyone's having a go at Kimi, but he thoroughly deserves it and it certainly doesn't help when you compare with what Charles is managing in that car.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...ch-gp-1047329/
    Ferrari deployed one of its two valuable curfew 'jokers' by mistake on Sunday morning in Paul Ricard, which in theory leaves the Italian team with just one for the rest of the Formula 1 season.
    However, Ferrari says that the staff member concerned is not connected with the operation of the F1 cars, and thus the FIA may yet return the joker to the team.
    told Motorsport.com that a staff member who works for the Italian team’s Driver Academy, and who is present in France to look after junior drivers Antonio Fuoco, Giuliano Alesi and Callum Ilott, triggered the penalty by entering the F1 paddock before 10am. He appears to have been wrongly registered in the FIA pass system as an operational team member.
    can only assume they mean saturday unless they in another timezone or dimension

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    We might have a fight in our hands against RB if we were to retain second position in the constructors. I know everyone's having a go at Kimi, but he thoroughly deserves it and it certainly doesn't help when you compare with what Charles is managing in that car.
    100% almost every session in q3 and race he messes up or doesnt show any fight