Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920

Thread: 2018 French GP - RACE

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Others managed that turn whom were "boxed in"

yep

absolutely!!!! but how many others, under those same circumstances, managed that turn??? Yeah, several went off-line to avoid the Vettel-Bottas debris and went straight off the track.

Once he saw Bottas half a car length ahead of him, knowing the cold tyres - full fuel load - lack of downforce, he should of backed off and tucked/braked under Bottas going into the turn. Max was next to Vettels left and he backed off.

2018 French Grand Prix: Race Highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccFaUJXB0KU
    i'm sure that with hindsight as well as seb watching the onboard of him after the race, he would have probably done the EXACT same thing you said....but but being a racer that he is, and in those split miliseconds and everything happening so fast.....well the inevitable DID happen

i'm also sure that he kicks himself over that stupid move he did....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

The thought of damaging or intending to damage or to wish harm is equivalent to the actual act what a doush bag be gone evil spirit disapear.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    The thought of damaging or intending to damage or to wish harm is equivalent to the actual act what a doush bag be gone evil spirit disapear.
    I couldn't agree more! That goes for any driver, intending to damage or harm is evil. As you say be gone evil spirit!

It stands to reason Alonso would be bitter at Vettel. He left Ferrari in a rage saying things like they’d never win a championship... now Vettel comes in and... well.. we know the rest.

I think Alonso is a great driver, but he’s not a rounded driver. He never did at Ferrari what Vettel is doing - it was all about him him him. I say good riddance when he finally steps away. Although, I have enjoyed seeing him and Mclaren round out the back of the field. Ferrari may not have won a championship with him, but they never did and never would allow that to happen. Ever. Forza Ferrari, forza Vettel.

It stands to reason Alonso would be bitter at Vettel. He left Ferrari in a rage saying things like they’d never win a championship... now Vettel comes in and... well.. we know the rest.

I think Alonso is a great driver, but he’s not a rounded driver. He never did at Ferrari what Vettel is doing - it was all about him him him. I say good riddance when he finally steps away. Although, I have enjoyed seeing him and Mclaren round out the back of the field. Ferrari may not have won a championship with him, but they never did and never would allow that to happen. Ever. Forza Ferrari, forza Vettel.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Christian Horner just said that Toto is lobbying to get these spec tyres for all the races. If Formula Pirelli agrees the championship is over.
    any news about this?

This must not happen toto is desperate to win both championships i wonder why how much have mercedes invested in this new era of f1 it must be staggering and i would say that third party members ie sponsors want a return the pressure is on any any advantage toto can gain in this tight at the top f1 season he will take basically he must deliver or they will say chao totto.

Just realised sauber has made the fastest pitstops for three consecutive races. This team is heading in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    any news about this?
    They are really desperate, but I hope if this is true we won't be standing still

[AMuS] Even with an optimistic forecast Vettel would have been only 2nd in France. But for that he would have had to beat Bottas at the start. That's probably why it was so important for him to win the start against Bottas.

[AMuS] Mercedes data said that in a normal race their lead would have been only a tenth per lap. Not that much, so everything can change.

[AMuS] Even with an optimistic forecast Vettel would have been only 2nd in France. But for that he would have had to beat Bottas at the start. That's probably why it was so important for him to win the start against Bottas.

[AMuS] Mercedes data said that in a normal race their lead would have been only a tenth per lap. Not that much, so everything can change.
    Seb's race pace was way better than Bottas. I can't help but think what would've happened if Seb just stayed put at the start and slowly start to build momentum and see what happens. Maybe a win was possible? Who know's.

The problem is that Vettel had to push the engine hard to make it to fifth while Hamilton coasted to a victory. That's a lot of wear and tear for the points.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    The problem is that Vettel had to push the engine hard to make it to fifth while Hamilton coasted to a victory. That's a lot of wear and tear for the points.
    No problem...!! If Ferrari can find more HP with reliability n quali on front row then he can win this.
    We saw last year vettel was leading the championship till summer, but after that Ferrari reliability & merc did come back well. That’s where the point is, if vettel can take lead in Austria n 2nd place in Silverstone that’s good. I’ll take that

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    I have to believe Max pushed his engine just as hard to reach 2nd. I only wish he would have caught Lewis.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I have to believe Max pushed his engine just as hard to reach 2nd. I only wish he would have caught Lewis.
    he would have never caught Luise.....that TAXI of hamster's was on cruizing mode.....i'm sorry to say it, but the renault engine is NO where comared to Merc or Ferrari....

Luise was controlling the race up front....it made it look like Max was catching him, but maybe Luise was just doing some fuel saving but most IMPORTATNTLY just saving the engine.....there was ABSOLUTELY NO TREAT behind him.....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    he would have never caught Luise.....that TAXI of hamster's was on cruizing mode.....i'm sorry to say it, but the renault engine is NO where comared to Merc or Ferrari....

Luise was controlling the race up front....it made it look like Max was catching him, but maybe Luise was just doing some fuel saving but most IMPORTATNTLY just saving the engine.....there was ABSOLUTELY NO TREAT behind him.....
    The fact that the words "fuel saving" and "saving the engine" have to be uttered in describing a Formula 1 race is the reason why this sport is heading down the crapper.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Seb's race pace was way better than Bottas. I can't help but think what would've happened if Seb just stayed put at the start and slowly start to build momentum and see what happens. Maybe a win was possible? Who know's.
    Don't think that will be correct to say. Bottas was carrying floor damage, they both overtook Mclarens, Williams etc pretty easily but when it came to Haas & Saubers, Vettel was given slightly easier passes compared to Bottas. Hamilton was driving a different race. It's only Kimi that showed what pace Ferrari was doing & it was pretty good but not certain we were ahead of Mercs

Hamilton is well overdue a DNF. The only merit he has this year is that he stayed out of trouble, and that has been a lot down to luck. I think Seb has been the faster driver and if he continues like that we will be celebrating at the end of the year. The most important thing is that Ferrari wins or at least gets a tie in the factory race, so it can give the drivers a chance of making things happen. Kimi will wake up, if he hasn't already, because it's renewal time during the summer. I think Ferrari should not make a decision in the summer, let him stew a little bit more or else he will get back to sleep during the last few races.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    The fact that the words "fuel saving" and "saving the engine" have to be uttered in describing a Formula 1 race is the reason why this sport is heading down the crapper.
    This times infinitely!!!!

I can not agree more! Racing and saving in same sentence!?!?!?! STUPID!!!!!!

[QUOTE=FerrariF60;977354]he would have never caught Luise.....that TAXI of hamster's was on cruizing mode.....i'm sorry to say it, but the renault engine is NO where comared to Merc or Ferrari....

The Renault engine got Max 2nd place! If your right; I guess it's Max's driving that got the car to come in 2nd!! So... Max in a Ferrari would do the trick!

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/899580...ed-bull-f1-car

<cough>great drive<cough> by Kimi.

Bring it on, oh ye who can only shoot the messengers.

[QUOTE=ScuderiaBuckeye;977377]https://www.crash.net/f1/news/899580...ed-bull-f1-car

Great drive for sure! Kimi just better be careful not to get too many podiums with Seb left having to explain why he's not up there also! That's the#1 guys spot. <cough> Both drivers points count towards WCC. Ferrari needs to give some serious thought as to who needs to be replaced if anyone! A good excuse is not as good as a good podium win.

Quote Originally Posted by ScuderiaBuckeye View Post
    https://www.crash.net/f1/news/899580...ed-bull-f1-car

Bring it on, oh ye who can only shoot the messengers.

Ricciardo had a damaged front wing and Bottas had a damaged diffuser and floor during the race.

Ricciardo had a damaged front wing and Bottas had a damaged diffuser and floor during the race.
    I remember Kimi starting a race with 1/2 an engine !