Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Austrian GP - Pre-Race news

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Will see this track should suit us much more as France. Yes Hamilton didnt make many mistakes but he was dog slow in Montreal, Baku, China. Seb was never lacking pace this year, Hamilton did, end of the story. I hope we will strike back in Austria.

Forza Ferrari, Vettel, Kimi.
    Spain... ring any bells...?!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Spain... ring any bells...?!
    It was because of high-tyre deg and suspension problems.

It was because of high-tyre deg and suspension problems.
    The teams need more tires to choose from. Imagine high tyre deg with Pirelli in charge! An "ultra non degrade " Say green with yellow stripes would do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Both ferraris needs to lock out front row. That’s imp, kimi needs to lift up his q3 performances.
    Vettel needs to avoid silly mistakes...!!! Already this year there are two, zero from ham. I think these mistakes might decide the championship.
    Interesting I can at least remember one mistake from Lewis at Baku.

Quote Originally Posted by DelMar View Post
    Interesting I can at least remember one mistake from Lewis at Baku.
    Baku race ??? This year?

Baku race ??? This year?
    First I have to ask what mistake did Vettel do Baku?

Will see this track should suit us much more as France. Yes Hamilton didnt make many mistakes but he was dog slow in Montreal, Baku, China. Seb was never lacking pace this year, Hamilton did, end of the story. I hope we will strike back in Austria.

Forza Ferrari, Vettel, Kimi.
    yeah, but being consistent and mistake FREE will win you the WDC.....surely Seb was faster as an average in the first 8 races, but where did that get him??? behind in points compared to Luise....

he's gotta stop being a hot head in the first lap and try to WIN it in the first lap (at races that he don't get POLE) and play the long game....

that compared to consistency will win him teh WDC
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by DelMar View Post
    First I have to ask what mistake did Vettel do Baku?
    When he out-breaked himself and locked up the tires into T1 after the restart and went from P2 to P5. I don't blame him for trying, but it was a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    When he out-breaked himself and locked up the tires into T1 after the restart and went from P2 to P5. I don't blame him for trying, but it was a mistake.
    Yup... my answer would the same ..!!

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    I know that, I asked it for a reason :)

Vettel dropped to P4 but he still made the corner!

I was alluding to the fact that, Hamilton in the same race ( with no other car breathing his neck, whatsoever), went into escape road after missing the breaking point. He lost 5 seconds there....

Just looked at the weather forecast for Spielberg Austria and it looks as if there could be some thunderstorms both Saturday and Sunday and the temperatures aren't that high....favouring Merc and RB, no doubt. What's new?!

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Just looked at the weather forecast for Spielberg Austria and it looks as if there could be some thunderstorms both Saturday and Sunday and the temperatures aren't that high....favouring Merc and RB, no doubt. What's new?!
    Yeah in the middle of the summer, just sucks

Rain is our enemy, rain was the culprit of not going out in FP3 and not getting a perfect setup for our boys

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Hoping for no rain on qualy and race. Seb has been faster than Lewis so far this season. Like i said in the other thread, its keeping himself out of trouble, with a lot of luck, is what brought Hamilton the lead. He is due a DNF here, not wishing that on anybody, but these things kind of balance themselves out. He has not suffered a DNF(like Kimi) or a Verstappen dive bomb(like Seb). About Max, he has cemented himself as a non-Ferrari future driver, when he played Hamilton's lapdog after last race. In parc-fermme, at the press conference, in that golf cart, he didnt know what else to say to get into Lewis's favors, thrashing Seb whenever he got the chance. Kid, Seb made one mistake in 8 races, you do one race out of 8 without a huge mistake. Big difference...

I was just thinking, will Mercedes get an idea from the ex Ferrari guy that getting more power from the battery is possible by bypassing the Fia sensors and they build such a battery or have done already with their current engines and Ferrari won't know as they don't have an insider or is it something that other teams can notice and act on it

I get the frustration with Seb's avoidable clashes with other cars, but it comes from him trying 100% to bring the WDC back to the company and for the Tifosi: he is under immense pressure. I don't want him to change a thing! Watching the clash from last race, I see it as Vettel being boxed in by both Lewis and Bottas, with the loss of downforce contributing to the collision. Had Bottas not been there cutting hard in front of Vettel, the race would have continued unabated. Vettel must not change, because if he does, he may as well be driving like Kimi and be fighting for the dregs in the top 6 positions!

Or driving like Kimi and getting on the podium! Seb's interview after the race should have asked, How'd Kimi do? Kimi's points count as much as Seb's come WCC time. Fighting for dregs on the 3 podium positions isn't that bad. Points count!!!!

Seb must stay calm claim good points and go for the win when he can with out having avoidable incidents all points are good there will be races where ferrari will be hot i expect this will be after the summer break .

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Or driving like Kimi and getting on the podium! Seb's interview after the race should have asked, How'd Kimi do? Kimi's points count as much as Seb's come WCC time. Fighting for dregs on the 3 podium positions isn't that bad. Points count!!!!
    I truly hope Kimi gets podiums in all
    The races for the rest of the season

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Do we still maintain an advantage in higher temperatures?

That, combined with medium to higher downforce track says to me, that it will be good for us, and Red Bull, so good possiblity for cars to finish between Seb and Lewis.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=spielberg%...fsb&ia=weather

Who is pulling the strings in this puppet show easy toto wolf is having a go and the fia are also trying but unfortunately both are lousy puppeteers.

I hope the weather gets better, especially on saturday as qualifying will be key to victory. It's actually much more important for dry weather on saturday than on sunday for us on this stop-and-go circuit. I would much rather have it rain at Silverstone instead as that would be a lottery otherwise, in dry conditions, Merc will walk it. So the above pictures and forecast doesn't look good at all. I think we'll have to do an anti-rain dance.

Both ferraris needs to lock out front row. That’s imp, kimi needs to lift up his q3 performances.
    Vettel needs to avoid silly mistakes...!!! Already this year there are two, zero from ham. I think these mistakes might decide the championship.
    You obviously don't watch Formula 1. Mercedes was faster than Ferrari in Monaco, Hamilton said after qualifying that due to his mistake, he lost 2nd place. He was fastest of all in Sector 1, pole was not possible because Red Bull was too strong in Sector 3 but Mercedes pace was good enough for 2nd place but Hamilton messed up big time.

"My first Q3 lap… I was happy with my last one. I was 0.27s but I lost it in the middle and the last sector so naturally not happy with that. That wouldn’t have been enough anyways for pole but it would have made a difference, obviously I would have been second."

In Canada, Hamilton had the car to be on pole and win the race. What happened there? That's another mistake. In Baku, every driver was going off due to wind, Vettel was not, he was supreme out there. After restart, Vettel had to make a move on Bottas, he couldn't wait for another lap because Ferrari was running high downforce, as a result, Mercedes was much quicker on the straights, if Vettel had waited for one lap, even Hamilton would've overtaken him.

I would strongly suggest you to stop reading news from pro Hamilton sites and start watching actual races to know what's going on.

Mercedes bringing tons of new stuff. all aero and efficiency related, looks like a big package

https://twitter.com/AlbertFabrega

check last few posts from this guys twitter for some info.

i wonder who will win the development race hmmm, binotto's move now
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Mercedes bringing tons of new stuff. all aero and efficiency related, looks like a big package

https://twitter.com/AlbertFabrega

check last few posts from this guys twitter for some info.

i wonder who will win the development race hmmm, binotto's move now
    MERCEDES W09: there is a big aerodynamic package at the RedBull Ring
    http://www.f1analisitecnica.com/2018...un-grande.html
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Official FIA forecast for Austria - Saturday: "General Improvement with sunny spells especially towards the afternoon with 60% chance of showers for FP3 while no rain is expected for Quali. Temp 21. Wind up to 40kph"

What color are the rain tires?

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    What color are the rain tires?
    Green for inters and blue for full wets.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Green for inters and blue for full wets.
    jg 6, you are ultra qualified !! Thanks!!