Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Austrian GP - Pre-Race news

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    jg 6, you are ultra qualified !! Thanks!!
    kewl....

Kimi today at the press conference

Paul Ricard

Raikkonen; "What you ask? I don't think its right to... I think its the track where you can actually race. It was difficult.. We were racing two different races so it was different and enjoyable to race for some time"

Mclaren

Raikkonen to Crofty about McLaren link question: "I spoke to them for sure. I have been there before, but its not important to get into it. You can put it anyway you like, You often ask the question. You can right YES or No... Like you always do"

Performance

Raikkonen: 'If you purely take the points.. YES.. If you count the points .. Yes.. But a few things happened which is not ideal. A few small things happened."

Looks like mercs have copied the ferrari sidepods.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    kewl....

Kimi today at the press conference

Paul Ricard

Raikkonen; "What you ask? I don't think its right to... I think its the track where you can actually race. It was difficult.. We were racing two different races so it was different and enjoyable to race for some time"

Mclaren

Raikkonen to Crofty about McLaren link question: "I spoke to them for sure. I have been there before, but its not important to get into it. You can put it anyway you like, You often ask the question. You can right YES or No... Like you always do"

Performance

Raikkonen: 'If you purely take the points.. YES.. If you count the points .. Yes.. But a few things happened which is not ideal. A few small things happened."
    The way they are headhunting now with Ricciardo and now Raikkonen it seems most likely, that Alonso will not renew his contract, and they want a big name in the team. Unfortunately they don't have a lot to offer performance wise and I don't see neither of them going just for a paycheck. The only question for Kimi, if he doesn't resign with Ferrari, is if he still wants to hang around? Last year it was Renault with an offer, but Kimi re-signed with us, interesting to see what happens this year.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    any updates of Ferrari?
    None yet.

Can see Sergio M getting involved soon, If mercedes take another gigantic step forward like france than Binotto and his crew are going to be under the knife
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Can see Sergio M getting involved soon, If mercedes take another gigantic step forward like france than Binotto and his crew are going to be under the knife
    Yeah, sack them all..you never get tired of yourself? Pfff..

According to AMuS Ferrari will bring new aero updates in Silverstone.

Quote Originally Posted by coshida View Post
    According to AMuS Ferrari will bring new aero updates in Silverstone.
    We DEFINITELY need them there.

Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by wappad View Post
    I'm glad im the one that controls the legend Sergio M. heee haa
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by wappad View Post
    Couldn’t have said it any better myself; sometimes I wonder if he,s a true Merc troll around this forum
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Vettel today:

The Italian media was very harsh towards you after your mistake

Vettel: "I don't speak/understand Italian that well, so I didn‘t notice."

They [Italian media] say that the car is so good that you must and should become champion with it

Vettel: "Then someone else should drive. They should hire someone else that has to do that."

[AMuS] Mercedes: "Big aerodynamic update. It was always their plan to get this big update ready in either Paul Ricard, Spielberg or Silverstone."

Red Bull: "New party mode which brings about 15hp more in quali."

Ferrari: "Aerodynamic evolution in Silverstone."

[AMuS] Abiteboul confirms that from now on, Red Bull, Mclaren and Renault will also have a qualifying mode. 10-15hp more. No sacrifice reliability. Improved MGU-K, but quali mode is not because of that but mainly because of the internal combustion!"

You are making zero sense.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

so from the weather forecast, looks like Friday will be a washout with 90% rain
    this sucks as we're gonna be on the backfoot again NOT being able to set up our car to teh best it can be to extract the maximum from QUALI.
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    so from the weather forecast, looks like Friday will be a washout with 90% rain
    this sucks as we're gonna be on the backfoot again NOT being able to set up our car to teh best it can be to extract the maximum from QUALI.
    Why wouldn't this interfere equally with the preparation of every team?

Quote Originally Posted by ScuderiaBuckeye View Post
    Why wouldn't this interfere equally with the preparation of every team?
    my thoughts exactly.

Vettel today:

The Italian media was very harsh towards you after your mistake

Vettel: "I don't speak/understand Italian that well, so I didn‘t notice."

They [Italian media] say that the car is so good that you must and should become champion with it

Vettel: "Then someone else should drive. They should hire someone else that has to do that."

[AMuS] Mercedes: "Big aerodynamic update. It was always their plan to get this big update ready in either Paul Ricard, Spielberg or Silverstone."

Red Bull: "New party mode which brings about 15hp more in quali."

Ferrari: "Aerodynamic evolution in Silverstone."

[AMuS] Abiteboul confirms that from now on, Red Bull, Mclaren and Renault will also have a qualifying mode. 10-15hp more. No sacrifice reliability. Improved MGU-K, but quali mode is not because of that but mainly because of the internal combustion!"
    Wtever mode they use, Renault still can’t touch the power of Ferrari & mercs engines.

my thoughts exactly.
    Mercs & RB cars work straight out of the box. Ferrari will play with set-up & rely on simulator work.

Mercs & RB cars work straight out of the box. Ferrari will play with set-up & rely on simulator work.
    This has proven true
    Normally this will let us get big gains from Friday to Saturday better than the rest

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    You are making zero sense.
    like the 99% of the time

Wtever mode they use, Renault still can’t touch the power of Ferrari & mercs engines.
    True that. Going forward, it will take a couple of years for Renault to catch up in the hp dept IMO. RedBull is ahead of the Renault and Mclaren in the suspension dept. They are right up there with Ferrari and MB in the suspension and aero dept on certain tracks. It will be a matter of time when Renault will not accept RedBull beating them now that they have an ex-FIA tech director (Budkowski) and now an ex-Mercedes Benz guy. Buy that time maybe, the rules would have already been changed. Look how long it's taken Ferrari to equal MB in the hp dept!!!

I forgot what GP it was in 2018, maybe Canada, but the gap between the top 3 against the rest of the field was so huge that you could fit the Titanic in between.

Then perhaps the smart thing for Ferrari to do is to make sure their car works straight out of the box also so they are not caught out by this thing called...rain.

Also...I don't necessarily agree with your assessment either. I think Ferrari tends to play their cards close to the vest on Friday and not let their true pace show until Saturday, but still...it does rain.

If it' rain on friday it's raining for everybody not only for Ferrari.

RB's Dan's birthday is Sun. Race Day! I wonder if Max will move over for him ?

Why are these mirrors not illegal?
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DgyC3mOWAAEQiyA.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by slak View Post
    Because they don't interact with the halo in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by slak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Deephouse View Post
    Because they don't interact with the halo in any way.
    Ferrari are contesting the support structure of the mirror as an aero device.