View Poll Results: Is sebastian Vettel shooting himself in the foot?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Strongly Agree

9 13.85%
  • Agree

18 27.69%
  • Disaggree

8 12.31%
  • Strongly Disaggree

13 20.00%
  • drivers make mistakes, just support him and get behind him for WDC push

17 26.15%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is sebastian Vettel shooting himself in the foot?

Is sebastian Vettel shooting himself in the foot?

In France, Vettel's committed his fifth major error in the last 12 months, namely Baku, Singapore, Mexico, Baku 2018 and France. With costly errors like that from one side and clean sheet from Lewis Hamilton from the other side, Are we witnessing Sebastian suicide?

Quote Originally Posted by Need4speed View Post
    In France, Vettel's committed his fifth major error in the last 12 months, namely Baku, Singapore, Mexico, Baku 2018 and France. With costly errors like that from one side and clean sheet from Lewis Hamilton from the other side, Are we witnessing Sebastian suicide?
    What is this a tv soapopera? Lets not start to throw rocks just yet

Really?!

"Always move forward, take it one step at a time, eventually you'll reach your goal and if you happen to fall on face your still moving..."

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    What is this a tv soapopera? Lets not start to throw rocks just yet
    When the differences between the rival cars is hardly 0.001 then mistakes are what can decide the title.
    Last year three mistakes and we were out of WDC. This year is its two so far. For all the intended purposes we can not afford more.
    In EPL, Sir Alex Ferguson knows that losing more than 6 matches will not give you a chance at winning the title. All what I am saying is that it is useful to know your limits when it comes to marginal errors.
    I wish Seb and Kimi will shine with full glory in the next race.
    Forza Ferrari

I am a simple man, when I see a Ferrari driver bashing threat on a Ferrari forum I leave and dont ever come back at this topic. The only problem with it I see in Baku 2017, Singapore was racing and Verstappen started it, Mexico racing, Vettel was squezed into tight spot, nothing he could do, Baku 2018 he is a racer, he had to take a chance. France 2018, Mercedes blocked Seb and Bottas actually went around the outside agressive, with Vettel braking early, but find himself into dirty air. Its all racing. In reality they are all humans, and humans arent perfect they all make mistake. Hope we will be well in Austria and in next races, I will never stop believing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    I am a simple man, when I see a Ferrari driver bashing threat on a Ferrari forum I leave and dont ever come back at this topic. The only problem with it I see in Baku 2017, Singapore was racing and Verstappen started it, Mexico racing, Vettel was squezed into tight spot, nothing he could do, Baku 2018 he is a racer, he had to take a chance. France 2018, Mercedes blocked Seb and Bottas actually went around the outside agressive, with Vettel braking early, but find himself into dirty air. Its all racing. In reality they are all humans, and humans arent perfect they all make mistake. Hope we will be well in Austria and in next races, I will never stop believing.
    Agreed, the problem is that HAM rarely finds himself in that situation and doesn't have to try so hard to make questionable moves, we'd all be complaining if Seb didn't try, just as we complain when it all goes pear-shaped. We need a car to challenge the Mercs on a like-for-like basis, which we nearly have, but then Merc bring an up-graded engine, aero and other tweaks and we're on the back foot again. I hope I'm proved wrong and I can understand VET's frustrations, but we can't afford any more such errors of judgement so early in races.

I think Hamster did learn something, when he lost to Nico, he is not same bully anymore, every point is important.
    But, I think we have superior car this year, and we can make some mistakes and still win everything, we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    I think Hamster did learn something, when he lost to Nico, he is not same bully anymore, every point is important.
    But, I think we have superior car this year, and we can make some mistakes and still win everything, we will see.
    Absolutely agree with you..!!
    Ham playing smart, if he doesn’t have a good weekend then he’s focusing on avoiding mistakes n get max points.
    When he has a car or weekend, then he’s dominating it.

Let's start the infamous "Sack em all" thread...
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

What I see a another bitter loser fan for the loser driver.

Clean sheet my ....
    Bahrain where he got 5 secs penalty during SC pit inlap.
    Baku this year,
    Brasil last year where he wrecked his car in quali, started from the back with the fastest car.
    And a bunch of races, where he was just slow compared to Bottas in those 15 months.

This is a ridiculous statement, Ferrari hasn’t won a title in more than 10 years, they don’t have the fastest car at least not in the past 4 years they may be levelled this year, so the pressure is a lot higher for Seb and Ferrari to win so they have to risk more than the dominant Mercedes, it’s very easy to make less mistakes when you’re so dominant, there are some errors that happen because you’re racing and others that shouldn’t really happen like crashing out of qualifying like hamilton did last year in Brazil, I suppose you’re counting the tendency for hamilton completely disappearing during the whole weekend, where was he in Canada? Vettel is doing a good job just leave him alone

I remember when we were all praising him after Canada. Good times...

Quote Originally Posted by Deephouse View Post
    I remember when we were all praising him after Canada. Good times...
    Yeah, people tend to forget good times and good performance by Seb there....but when he makes a racing mistake everybody and their brother are up against him.....common
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Hey Hamilton fan, you should worry about Hamilton's poor qualifying performances since the start of the season, making mistake pretty much every weekend like lost 3 tenths on final lap in France due to mistake, lost front row in Monaco due to mistake, lost pole in Canada due to mistake, lost to Bottas in Bahrain and China due to mistake.

Are we witnessing Sebastian suicide?
    Too early to tell but we will see.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Ferrari was definitely not the fastest car last year, we had a chance to match them up until the oil burning clamp down then after ferrari were usually on the back foot, at normal race tracks
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

I disagree with those that say Ferrari is not the fastest car this year... the car is capable of winning every race except the ones under the revised tyres formula...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Won't even cast a vote on such foolishness!
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Come on let's all get behind our team and our drivers.
    I'm sure Seb is his own worst critic!
    Let's send them good vibes.
    We are all rooting for them not wasting time criticising.
    Go Ferrari

Forza Jules

The driver who wins , 2nd , 3rd on the podium did great, that's enough proof, they get those points. WDC, WCC is what it's all about in F- Pirelli, oh.. and cool looking tires! Seb came to Ferrari a big time winner pole meant victory for him back @ his old barn. A tough act to follow. He went from Shumy Jr. to just Vettle, leave him race and let's see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    Come on let's all get behind our team and our drivers.
    I'm sure Seb is his own worst critic!
    Let's send them good vibes.
    We are all rooting for them not wasting time criticising.
    Go Ferrari
    Very up-beat of you, racingbradley, and I agree wholeheartedly, we all want the same result but sometimes a little criticism gets it off our chests when our races are ruined early in the proceedings!

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Hey Hamilton fan, you should worry about Hamilton's poor qualifying performances since the start of the season, making mistake pretty much every weekend like lost 3 tenths on final lap in France due to mistake, lost front row in Monaco due to mistake, lost pole in Canada due to mistake, lost to Bottas in Bahrain and China due to mistake.
    And yet Ferrari can’t beat such a rubbish driver. What does that say about Ferrari?

Quote Originally Posted by Bonecrasher View Post
    And yet Ferrari can’t beat such a rubbish driver. What does that say about Ferrari?
    What it says is Seb not Kimi needs to go!

You cant deny though. Vettel can put in some fantastic recovery drives.

Quote Originally Posted by Deephouse View Post
    You cant deny though. Vettel can put in some fantastic recovery drives.
    The trick is not to be in recovery mode. Pole and 2 sec. up front like before he came to Ferrari ! There's still hope for sure.

It's good to see the Ferrari team in top of construction championship for now... and that Vettel is leading too, it he want to be a champion he just needs to keep it up!
    “When my cars come in first and win, I feel very proud because I'm Italian.”

Enzo Ferrari

No.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Surely this thread should be closed by now

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Surely this thread should be closed by now
    This thread will become active again if/when he makes a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Otakukim View Post
    This thread will become active again if/when he makes a mistake
    Poor Seb he wants both championships even more than we do.
    He wants to emulate his role model, Michael.
    I'm sure he feels sick every time he makes a mistake but he will never win sitting behind Mercs and RBs. He took a chance on the overtake of Bottas on Sunday and it worked................of course it could have failed but he had to try! Some you win some you lose.

Forza Jules