Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Austrian GP - Practices and Qualifying

Seb needs to put that car on pole tomorrow. Race pace is very good.

Raikkonen's long run pace.....

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Raikkonen's long run pace.....
    Yup that’s my concern...!!

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    Seb needs to put that car on pole tomorrow. Race pace is very good.
    Yeah on top of all..!! Pole is like mandatory now

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Ham went in after short runs on those US. They look comfortable on softs not on US
    It seems that the soft tyre is the best tyre overall.

What was the pace on softs??
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    What was the pace on softs??
    2 tenths slower than Hamilton (quali simulation).

I think we should change Kimi to the new engine here, it seems like the old one with no upgrades cant keep up on this track... Take the penalty and he will probably end up 6th anyway in both conditions, as there are some places where you can pass here.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    2 tenths slower than Hamilton (quali simulation).
    I saw the qualy sim (and it was actually 0,370 both on softs.)I ask about the race sim 2nd stint on softs between us and Mercs
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    I saw the qualy sim (and it was actually 0,370 both on softs.)I ask about the race sim 2nd stint on softs between us and Mercs
    Do we look like PP material?

Again, most important thing that there was no rain. The team got through the entire friday program and ran a lot of laps. Long run pace looks good, the cars look good in sector 1 and 2 as expected. Still work to do in sector 3. But that should be easier to dial in than if you have bad traction out of corners 1, 2 and 3. Haas looks good as well so that should be some indication of what's left to improve when the engine is turned up. As for qualifying, the Mercs looks good and on this short lap it will be very close. One small mistake and someone can miss out on the first two rows. Hopefully no rain tomorrow as well. At least everything looks much better than last week.

Not sure how things will pan out but doesn't it look like the mercs are struggling a bit? They were in and out of the pits during the long runs while ferrari looked comfortable.

very good clean run by Seb, impressive, possibly all cars using the old spec 1 engines keep that mind, tomorrow we should see every team increase speed relative to their spec 2 engines
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

So are we OK? Usual Friday stuff?

The Ferrari in Seb's hands looks good on race pace. We are right there w/ the Mercs and faster than the RBs.

As the track rubbers in over the weekend the faster tires will only get more grip and thus be faster...this is a what Horner said on the Sky broadcast.

Merc looks to have their advantage back on qualy pace. Can't blame it on special tires here. Seb needs to beat Bottas and get that front row tmrw or he's gonna find himself boxed in by the Mercs at the start just like France.

Blistering on the US vs the Softs for Mercedes. Vettel’s long run times are pretty positive on the ultrasofts. Consistent and good. Lewis stopped his long run on the ultras after 3 laps. Red Bull had problems with them too.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dg3hLLEVAAAymrX.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dg3hLKwX4AA7Tkx.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dg3hLKyWkAADsix.jpg

Apperantly max had floor damage slowing him down a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by ScuderiaBuckeye View Post
    The Ferrari in Seb's hands looks good on race pace. We are right there w/ the Mercs and faster than the RBs.

As the track rubbers in over the weekend the faster tires will only get more grip and thus be faster...this is a what Horner said on the Sky broadcast.

Merc looks to have their advantage back on qualy pace. Can't blame it on special tires here. Seb needs to beat Bottas and get that front row tmrw or he's gonna find himself boxed in by the Mercs at the start just like France.
    Not sure ..!! They struggled on US in race pace. So they might go for Softs in q2.
    I think vet has both quali n race pace. More to come for sure

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Not sure ..!! They struggled on US in race pace. So they might go for Softs in q2.
    I think vet has both quali n race pace. More to come for sure
    You think they can comfortably get thru to Q3 using softs ?

Here are the TOP 6 drivers RACE SIMULATIONS - Sebastian Vettel. Lewis Hamilton, Daniel Ricciardo, Kimi Raikkonen and Max Verstappen

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dg33CQfXkAI5n71.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    You think they can comfortably get thru to Q3 using softs ?
    Yup easily...!!

In case you are wondering why we've seen the best laptime on soft and not on ultrasoft or supersoft: "The soft isn't graining at all. The ultrasoft is graining quite early. That affects the performance", explains Mario Isola from Pirelli.
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

The GAP between the three tyre compounds is small, around 0.3s, according to Pirelli. The graining on the Ultrasoft tyre will allow the drivers to progress to Q3 on the Supersoft tyres

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/899868...has-upper-hand

While Ferrari has frequently been seen to be sandbagging on Fridays this year, Vettel feels Mercedes’ pace advantage is evident at the Red Bull Ring as he braces for a tough race weekend with the German manufacturer claiming victory in Austria every year since 2014.

“It’s quite close, I think Mercedes had the upper hand today, they looked very quick in all conditions but I think it was a tricky Friday,” Vettel said. “I think we did a lot of laps, which was good, and we should be well prepared for tomorrow and also for Sunday.”
    ____

https://twitter.com/Vetteleclerc/sta...40218649300992

Vettel: "I think our performance was okay today. We had no problems and could go through with our program. We tried some things to find the right way. We know what we need for tomorrow. At the moment it looks like Mercedes is a little faster."
    Vettel: "I think we are still missing the consistency in the slower corners and a little more grip in the two high speed corners (left). I believe there we are losing some time"
    Looking at the race simulation, you look like you are on par with Mercedes

Vettel: "Not quite"
    [AMuS] Vettel wins time over Hamilton from Turn 3 to Turn 4. Hamilton on the other hand wins against Vettel in the high speed corners.

Vettel: "They are damn fast."
    Last edited by mwk360; 29th June 2018 at 19:17.

Last edited by mwk360; 29th June 2018 at 18:36.

[Autobild] According to Ferrari, the strut to the rearview mirror (Mercedes) is just as illegal as the rearview mirror on the Halo.
    https://twitter.com/Vetteleclerc/sta...75884993056769

no confirmed action, will have to see tomorrow if FIA will hold mercs to the same rules as ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    https://twitter.com/Vetteleclerc/sta...75884993056769

no confirmed action, will have to see tomorrow if FIA will hold mercs to the same rules as ferrari
    Are there any pictures of this?

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Are there any pictures of this?
    here ya go

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DgyRoPwXcAAHMVZ.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DgzWbaqXkAATs0m.jpg

I'm just curious to see if RB helps Dan over Max by messing with his car. Dan is not happy at all smelling Max's exhaust race time.