Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Austrian GP - RACE

This exact same podium happened in Barcelona 2016 after both Merc scored DNFs after the Hamilton/Rosberg T1 crash. Max won, Kimi 2nd and Seb 3rd. Strange. I could swear this hasn't happened in modern F1. Obviously it has happened before. One's mind sometimes plays jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    This exact same podium happened in Barcelona 2016 after both Merc scored DNFs after the Hamilton/Rosberg T1 crash. Max won, Kimi 2nd and Seb 3rd. Strange. I could swear this hasn't happened in modern F1. Obviously it has happened before. One's mind sometimes plays jokes.
    Interesting. And in 2016 Hamilton lost the title, let's hope that part is also repeated.

Great race, didn’t expect that result. Double DNF for Merc is not something normal, it was a great gift.

I did expect Ferrari to swap the drivers at the end. Hopefully they won’t regret it at the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Interesting. And in 2016 Hamilton lost the title, let's hope that part is also repeated.
    Yes. Fingers crossed. Still strange I forgot about the above.

Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post
    Great race, didn’t expect that result. Double DNF for Merc is not something normal, it was a great gift.

I did expect Ferrari to swap the drivers at the end. Hopefully they won’t regret it at the end of the year.
    i think under normal conditions, had Luise finished the race without having any car trouble, i think Ferrari may have swapped places to try and reduce the gap to Hamster.....but in this case wiht him DNF'ing Seb is now retaking the lead, mind you by ONLY one point.....but still

and i personally think that Kimi deserves this SECOND place, too bad the race did not have 5 more laps as he prolly would have WON the race as Max wsa struggling with the tires...
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Talk about fair play guys, and I am big Seb fan, but didnt want that Kimi would let Seb by. Kimi deserved that second place. The years when Rubens always was told to let Michael pass were really painful. But we start from the scratch in 7 days time again. we had a good weekend.

Forza Ferrari, and the third place from Seb felt like a win today.

https://imgur.com/5r2rsEv

https://imgur.com/CbAIPwx
    Last edited by Vettel165; 1st July 2018 at 20:03.

You know, if they gave Verstappen a 5 second penalty for ramming Kimi's tyre, which is only fair if they want to be consistent, We'd have had a 1 -2.

Great great result! Merc double DNF made my day. Indeed if the race was 5 laps longer Kimi could have snatched victory from Verstappen. Kudos to Ferrari for not using any team orders to promote Vettel to 2nd place, Kimi raced today like in his youth. Now if only Vettel could beat Lewis at Silverstone...

I think this is probably the winningest 2-3 I have seen over the past nine years!

Amazing start and drive from Raikkonen! I'm really happy to see him finish second.

Vettel's move on Hamilton was brilliant! Great to see him reclaim the title lead.

Another points finish for Leclerc! I would like to see Ferrari invest more in Sauber and make it a true midfield Ferrari B-team.

Ferrari leads the WCC AND the WDC!

Grande fortuna with the Mercedes DNFs! Hamilton's behavior when things don't go his way perfectly illustrates why he is not worthy of driving for Ferrari. People can say what they want about our drivers, but they don't act like that!

Congratulations to Verstappen. Nice to see him develop a little.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    Great great result! Merc double DNF made my day. Indeed if the race was 5 laps longer Kimi could have snatched victory from Verstappen. Kudos to Ferrari for not using any team orders to promote Vettel to 2nd place, Kimi raced today like in his youth. Now if only Vettel could beat Lewis at Silverstone...
    Louis calling Pirelli to bring Merc spec tyres

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/44676906

Ferrari

Kimi

Sebastian

33 points

I just had to post the above.

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post

This is infuriating! Ferrari is faster than you fair and square!!!

Disappointed Since 2010

Silverstone is looking to be very warm and sunny, unusually for Britain. Temperatures might reach near 30C, which might suit our car more. We will see, I can sleep well today.

Cheers.

not unusual this time of year.

Saturday, im getting married. Whoop. And its going be hot.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Maurizio Arrivabene: ” The real story today is that there are six Ferrari power units in the top ten on the race result sheet. And, apart from that, we are leading both the Drivers’ and Constructors’ championships. Today’s result was not ideal, but it is definitely useful. The team did a great job, at every level, to make up for a difficult Saturday. During the race, the handling of the car, the perfect management of the tyres, the strategy and reliability, all made the difference. On paper, next weekend at Silverstone looks difficult for us, partly because it’s a home race for our main rivals. But we will tackle it with our usual level headedness and determination.”

Kimi Raikkonen: ”At the start I had a good getaway, but I found myself between two cars and I had to lift off to avoid them squeezing me, while I hoped they would see me. I lost momentum, speed and the chance to challenge them in the first corner. It’s a pity, because without that, I think I could have been in the lead. The first lap was quite hectic, then the situation calmed down for a while. Tyre management played a big part today: it was hard to know when to go flat out and be on the safe side at the same time. The beginning of both stints was a bit tricky; we struggled a bit to get the grip and to make the tyres work, but then it got better and in the end we had very good tyre. We were obviously hoping to catch Max, but by then it was perhaps a bit too late. Today we had the speed, but there just weren’t enough laps left in the race… Of course we wanted to win, we tried very hard, giving our best, but it was not enough. The good thing is that, as a team, we did a solid job. It was a strong weekend.”

Sebastian Vettel: “We did a good job and a good race. I had a very solid start, but in Turn 1 things got a bit messy. I tried to recover, but there was no room and lost some positions in Turn 3. From them on, I had to fight with Renault and Haas and lost some time. However, the car was very good, we had a very good pace and we didn’t have any issues with the tyres; in fact, the car was very good on them, even if I had to manage the Softs for a long stint, which again proves we have made good progress since Barcelona. Obviously, I am happy with the points that we’ve got and the podium, but I am not satisfied 100 per cent, because I think there would have been more up for grabs today, if I hadn’t got the penalty. We were the only cars that could be there with the Mercedes in terms of pace, but in the end, we proved more consistent.”
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

"Hamilton said: "These tyres aren't good enough for us to really race. It is a shame the tyres are not good enough that you can stay in the battle. We had blistering. They should have brought the other tyre here, the same tyres we had in the last race. When you make the wrong call, that's what happens."

So the special tyres DO make a difference. I thought we who think that are labeled conspiracy theorists.

Don't worry Lewis you will have the "special" tyres back at Silverstone. You will walk that race. Let us Ferrari fans enjoy this weekend and result.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post

Congratulations!

All the best!!!!

Congrats Rob.

All the best mate

Hoping for the best at silverstone but realistically i think merc should be a hell lot faster than us. Hope the upgrades work well!

NO Lewis. The tyres don't allow YOU to race. They work perfectly fine on the Ferrari.

And may I remind you that it's called FORMULA ONE. The tyres used in Austria, which work terribly in race conditions on your car, are a part of the FORMULA that is agreed upon at the start of the year. Changing the tyres in the middle of the season for one team is unfair. Even for a single race.

Unfortunately, without in season testing, and the restrictions on in season development, Lewis, you and Mercedes are seemingly screwed.

But I have no sympathy, Mercedes and the FIA made so many disgusting rules over the years. I had to endure years of Mercedes dominance for seasons at a time because there is just no way to claw back advantages mid season.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    NO Lewis. The tyres don't allow YOU to race. They work perfectly fine on the Ferrari.

And may I remind you that it's called FORMULA ONE. The tyres used in Austria, which work terribly in race conditions on your car, are a part of the FORMULA that is agreed upon at the start of the year. Changing the tyres in the middle of the season for one team is unfair. Even for a single race.

Unfortunately, without in season testing, and the restrictions on in season development, Lewis, you and Mercedes are seemingly screwed.

But I have no sympathy, Mercedes and the FIA made so many disgusting rules over the years. I had to endure years of Mercedes dominance for seasons at a time because there is just no way to claw back advantages mid season.

They penalised Seb in France and in Austria. They didn't do anything to Max. Whatever trick they did to us, we still won. I'd like to to see Ferrari 1-2 at Silverstone.
    You know, if they gave Verstappen a 5 second penalty for ramming Kimi's tyre, which is only fair if they want to be consistent, We'd have had a 1 -2.

Merc might be fast but its not worth anything if you do not have reliability merc will mask there real issues could help us in silverstone.

blaming the toilet for not being able to poop

Got to get all this stuff to Silverstone

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DhDBsHcW0AEdv1S.jpg

Unfortunately I have a feeling the FIA/Pirelli will cave and change the tires for all the faces following the summer break. Just a feeling.

Congratulations Man !

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Unfortunately I have a feeling the FIA/Pirelli will cave and change the tires for all the faces following the summer break. Just a feeling.
    Let’s hope Ferrari gets strong and don’t let them do that, the tires made the race fun today! AND the merc double DNF too

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!