Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 21314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Austrian GP - RACE

Quote Originally Posted by Aberracus View Post
    Let’s hope Ferrari gets strong and don’t let them do that, the tires made the race fun today! AND the merc double DNF too

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    Recent history has shown that Ferrari have zero balls when it comes to strongarming the FIA. I don't see that changing any time soon. I feel like the FIA will just steamroll Ferrari to help Merc.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    You know, if they gave Verstappen a 5 second penalty for ramming Kimi's tyre, which is only fair if they want to be consistent, We'd have had a 1 -2.
    Charlie Whiting said today that driver faults in the first corners after starting and first lap are not penalized as severely as faults in midrace for obvious reasons.
    Hence difference between different panalties in different races.

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    Charlie Whiting said today that driver faults in the first corners after starting and first lap are not penalized as severely as faults in midrace for obvious reasons.
    Hence difference between different panalties in different races.
    Incorrect.

He said, running wide, off the track, would be treated with leniency, as compared to a collision with another car.

Verstappen ran into Kimi to take that position. Gained an advantage.

In France, Vettel gained no advantage from his honest lockup. The demotion to the back was more than enough of a penalty.

You know, if they gave Verstappen a 5 second penalty for ramming Kimi's tyre, which is only fair if they want to be consistent, We'd have had a 1 -2.
    Incorrect.

He said, running wide, off the track, would be treated with leniency, as compared to a collision with another car.

Verstappen ran into Kimi to take that position. Gained an advantage.

In France, Vettel gained no advantage from his honest lockup. The demotion to the back was more than enough of a penalty.
    Max did not ram nor ran into Kimi...it was a "love-tap" ..no harm no foul on both drivers. Kimi barely lost his rear-end into the turn and Max saw an opening (at the same time getting clean air) and exited out of the turn faster than Kimi...it was a tap on the tyre.

Also, running wide on this specific track will be treated with leniency because it does not gain you an advantage. Almost everyone ran wide during FP, Quali, and Race and THEY.LOST.TIME.
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 1st July 2018 at 23:41.

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    Louis calling Pirelli to bring Merc spec tyres

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/44676906
    Ferrari must not allow this to happen. Everyone had equal chance of developing their car with this year's spec. Merc couldn't get it to work, that's too bad. They have to fix it themself.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    not unusual this time of year.

Saturday, im getting married. Whoop. And its going be hot.
    Congratulations Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Max did not ram nor ran into Kimi...it was a "love-tap" ..no harm no foul on both drivers. Kimi barely lost his rear-end into the turn and Max saw an opening (at the same time getting clean air) and exited out of the turn faster than Kimi...it was a tap on the tyre.

Also, running wide on this specific track will be treated with leniency because it does not gain you an advantage. Almost everyone ran wide during FP, Quali, and Race and THEY.LOST.TIME.
    It also happened after Kimi screwed up the previous corner, which is the only reason Max got a run on him to make a passing attempt. I don't want to see that stuff penalized and what happened to Seb came b/c he completely locked up his tires under braking. Apples to Oranges.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Talk about fair play guys, and I am big Seb fan, but didnt want that Kimi would let Seb by. Kimi deserved that second place. The years when Rubens always was told to let Michael pass were really painful. But we start from the scratch in 7 days time again. we had a good weekend.

Forza Ferrari, and the third place from Seb felt like a win today.

https://imgur.com/5r2rsEv

https://imgur.com/CbAIPwx
    man I could watch this pass forever. I don't know what's more badass...the two wheels in the grass after Hamilton moves over oh so slightly to the right or the way Seb basically makes Hamilton almost come to a full stop on the track in the middle of the turn as if he's saying, "Hammer this!"

Quote Originally Posted by ScuderiaBuckeye View Post
    man I could watch this pass forever. I don't know what's more badass...the two wheels in the grass after Hamilton moves over oh so slightly to the right or the way Seb basically makes Hamilton almost come to a full stop on the track in the middle of the turn as if he's saying, "Hammer this!"
    That was, without a doubt, the best pass of the season so far.

Disappointed Since 2010

What makes me enjoy the most of today and I think also seb must had felt pleased is the fact that he could overtake in track position Hamilton. What happened next it got nothing to do to his skills and the fact that he schooled Hamilton on equal conditions (same tyres, dirty air, etc) and that is not a simple task to do to Ham and the rocket ship they have..

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

I agree with you to some degree.

It's just very unclear where the line is.

I agree with you to some degree.

It's just very unclear where the line is.
    Please do correct me if I am wrong but... Kimi was almost out of the track in that situation, at least right side of the track. There was a lot of track to use on left side, so why Mad Max was still need to push him little bit there? Just could use that clean track and passed - or was it easier to squeeze/push Kimi little bit so that he needed to lift a bit and then pass? Makes sense but bit nasty once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    not unusual this time of year.

Saturday, im getting married. Whoop. And its going be hot.
    Congratulations mate !!!

This is how a 8 WDC battle looks like. Congrats to both for squeezing each other & being clean in the same time.

https://streamable.com/vl2ex

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Ferrari must not allow this to happen. Everyone had equal chance of developing their car with this year's spec. Merc couldn't get it to work, that's too bad. They have to fix it themself.

Congratulations Rob.
    "So apparently Isola was saying that theyre considering to bring the new tyres (spain/france/silverstone-tyres) to more circuits because 6 teams struggled with blistering today. Sky italia presenter got very angry and asked Isola why they would punish the 4 teams with no tyre-issues. The teams with the issues should adapt their setup or change their car. Isola didnt respond and just walked away."

The Mercedes mirrors are deemed legal, no surprise there of course. If Toto farts the FIA will say that it smells like roses.

Think this was a good Sunday for racing. The MotoGP race before the F1 race was super exciting and the F1 GP turned out to be the best of the season so far.
    Totally entertaining stuff. We need more tracks like this.
    Was surprised (and pleasantly) to see that we didnt do the Vettel-kimi switch towards the end. Kimi has been doing fairly well this season and it would have been gutting for him to have to give up the hard fought place.
    Max for once drove a mature race, and this might be the turning point for him. He is the future of F1, make no mistake about it.
    Merc getting a double DNF!! is this due to the upgraded engine?

There is a chance here for Ferrari to put a gap to them. They are clearly shaken and if we do not take advantage now, we will never get another chance. The next couple of races are crucial. We maximised the results here, we need to do the same at silverstone. Anyone know if that track suits us?
    Silently, like a shadow

Leclerc is also proving to be a fantastic prospect. We should get him (if we are replacing Kimi, as the reports seem to suggest).

Also pleasantly surprised to see- Grosjean didnt take out 4 cars in his run to 4th. And Kmag didnt kill anyone.
    Silently, like a shadow

The full Austrian GP, if anyone interested to watch.

https://youtu.be/QqFiMhwYVWU

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    This exact same podium happened in Barcelona 2016 after both Merc scored DNFs after the Hamilton/Rosberg T1 crash. Max won, Kimi 2nd and Seb 3rd. Strange. I could swear this hasn't happened in modern F1. Obviously it has happened before. One's mind sometimes plays jokes.
    I like that theory and will go along with it.
    I am dreading Silverstone next week where Ham will be out to shine.
    I hope we can win on his home turf!!!!

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari312T4 View Post
    The Mercedes mirrors are deemed legal, no surprise there of course. If Toto farts the FIA will say that it smells like roses.

"So apparently Isola was saying that theyre considering to bring the new tyres (spain/france/silverstone-tyres) to more circuits because 6 teams struggled with blistering today. Sky italia presenter got very angry and asked Isola why they would punish the 4 teams with no tyre-issues. The teams with the issues should adapt their setup or change their car. Isola didnt respond and just walked away."
    I don't know if there are some plays behind public eye, but this MUST NOT PASS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    The full Austrian GP, if anyone interested to watch.

https://youtu.be/QqFiMhwYVWU
    Thank you, @bondilad!

I am very, very happy for sunday's race, after it almost seemed everything is lost!
    Super race of both our guys! Fantastic overtake by Vettel!! This was definitely the ice on the cake!

I am really happy and proud that the team didn't intervene to swap positions !!
    The only regret is that Kimi didn't win! If somehow he could have stayed in front of verstappen at the start, it would have been a dream come true..

PS: Kimi's record lap is our first fastest lap in a race this season
    https://www.formula1.com/en/results....test-laps.html
    Last edited by arno; 2nd July 2018 at 10:28.

Quote Originally Posted by arno View Post
    PS: Kimi's record lap is our first fastest lap in a race this season
    https://www.formula1.com/en/results....test-laps.html

Kimi is second, behind MSC, in setting the most lap records. Kimi, so far, doubles Lewis's lap records.

Really? For real?

Jesus Christ, this makes me not feel good. I knew they were up to something but not this blatant.

Basicly they (Pirelli) are already talking about this PRIOR to officially making it public which kind of HARD tyre they will bring to Silverstone. Is it a "special" hard tyre or the original compound used at the pre-season test in Barcelona? Which one is it? If any of you reading this, please, if you find out ,then tell us.

Really? For real?

Jesus Christ, this makes me not feel good. I knew they were up to something but not this blatant.

Basicly they (Pirelli) are already talking about this PRIOR to officially making it public which kind of HARD tyre they will bring to Silverstone. Is it a "special" hard tyre or the original compound used at the pre-season test in Barcelona? Which one is it? If any of you reading this, please, if you find out ,then tell us.
    He never said it, just the usual someone posts something on twitter etc and it becomes true...
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    He never said it, just the usual someone posts something on twitter etc and it becomes true...
    Fake news then? Can we be sure?

The tyres at Silverstone are the same ones used at Spain and France which was announced months ago, they won't be used again the rest of the season.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/h...--paul-ri.html
    Forza Ferrari

The tyres at Silverstone are the same ones used at Spain and France which was announced months ago, they won't be used again the rest of the season.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/h...--paul-ri.html
    So the HARD tyre as nominated for Silverstone is THE SAME hard tyre as at the Barcelona pre-season test? This to me is a very important question. Very important. Or is it a "special tyre"? Is it the 12th compound used this year or are we still at 11? Seven originals and four "specials".

So the HARD tyre as nominated for Silverstone is THE SAME hard tyre as at the Barcelona pre-season test? This to me is a very important question. Very important. Or is it a "special tyre"? Is it the 12th compound used this year or are we still at 11? Seven originals and four "specials".
    No, the tyres used at Silverstone will have less tread on them as in Spain and France. It was announced in April that 3 races would use the different tyres, this is the last race they will be used.
    Forza Ferrari

No, the tyres used at Silverstone will have less tread on them as in Spain and France. It was announced in April that 3 races would use the different tyres, this is the last race they will be used.
    Would you agree for change of tyres in mid season as 6 teams suffered blistering at this moment ???

Pirelli should also think before the change, ferrari suffered huge of all in Barcelona n how they got back in France. So instead of changing tyres tell mercs to adapt or develop as others do. Don’t always moan about tyres..!!