Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4151617181920212223242526272829

Thread: 2018 Austrian GP - RACE

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    The 3 spot penalty cost Vettel the win. (and 11 points)

Then add in the 15 points Max cost Vettel, and the 15 he consequently gave Hamilton (30 points)

Vettel should be ahead by approximately 40 points. Almost 2 full victories.

Imagine if Mercedes was that far behind, and had the problems they experienced today. The amount of pressure it would put on them, and consequently more mistakes.
    Bottas 2 times DNF from P1, 50 points, Kimi has lost points in 2 races, pit stop and strategy error. So it would be Seb and Bottas in lead and Kimi and Hamster third, but real life is different.

Anyone have an in car of Hamilton when he's getting passed by Sebastian?
    Top 5 Moments | 2018 Austrian Grand Prix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xMpV9LL-X8&t=1s

There are four race stewards at every race. Of course, when a previous F1 driver like Derek Warwick is one of them, they will listen to his opinions because he carries "some" weight. Derek Warwick was a bad and terrbile driver but he was a F1 driver. Usually brits hate Ferrari with a passion, and it's OK. But this one is beyond that. Believe me.

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    There are four race stewards at every race. Of course, when a previous F1 driver like Derek Warwick is one of them, they will listen to his opinions because he carries "some" weight. Derek Warwick was a bad and terrbile driver but he was a F1 driver. Usually brits hate Ferrari with a passion, and it's OK. But this one is beyond that. Believe me.
    Absolutely... he wantedly gave the penalty to vet

Why can't they have the same stewards every race? Atleast the penalties will be consistent. I never could understand the reason for having different stewards every race!
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Quote Originally Posted by vcs316 View Post
    Why can't they have the same stewards every race? Atleast the penalties will be consistent. I never could understand the reason for having different stewards every race!
    I agree.

But these "stewards" have other jobs or commitments. To fly all over the world for 10 months and not see family is quite taxing on the same steward....hence as to why they are different at mostly every race and the judging inconsistencies.

However, they could do it via stream (live) and have all the stewards or the same ones (4) do a consensus in judging...I mean this is the 21st century and the stewards don't really have to be live at the actual race. He or she could be at home making the call at his or her living room from the across the globe. that's my 2 cents.

They don't need to be at the races it's all video replay anyways so get 5 people to go to and office and watch the races on live feed just for marshaling.

Never mind

Usually brits hate Ferrari with a passion, and it's OK. But this one is beyond that. Believe me.
    Why can't they be like Ferrari fans and admit Lewis had a good race and is a great driver, when he gets pole or wins a race?

Another question.

Can anyone explain why the 'dirty' side of the track had so much rubber on it at the start?

SKY quickly said something about the support races uses that side for some reason, i didn't quite pick it up.

At any rate, it allowed Lewis to make a good start.

Is this usual practice?

Another question.

Can anyone explain why the 'dirty' side of the track had so much rubber on it at the start?

SKY quickly said something about the support races uses that side for some reason, i didn't quite pick it up.

At any rate, it allowed Lewis to make a good start.

Is this usual practice?
    Rather not. Besides, Kimi had the best start, from 3rd

I like that Horner is calling out Hamilton sucky/childish behaviour and that Merc isn't used to loosing.

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/...on-was-bizarre

Horner said he found it strange that Mercedes felt the need to apologise to Hamilton in order to motivate the four-time world champion and would not expect the same from his team.

"Every driver is different, and I've never worked with Lewis so I don't know what makes him tick, but it seems a fairly bizarre thing for someone to need to do -- to throw themselves under the bus to motivate a driver to go from fourth back into the lead," Horner said. "I think that obviously Mercedes has got so used to being at the front, qualifying on the front row, and any at race that they are not on the podium it is disastrous."
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    I like that Horner is calling out Hamilton sucky/childish behaviour and that Merc isn't used to loosing.

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/...on-was-bizarre

Horner said he found it strange that Mercedes felt the need to apologise to Hamilton in order to motivate the four-time world champion and would not expect the same from his team.

"Every driver is different, and I've never worked with Lewis so I don't know what makes him tick, but it seems a fairly bizarre thing for someone to need to do -- to throw themselves under the bus to motivate a driver to go from fourth back into the lead," Horner said. "I think that obviously Mercedes has got so used to being at the front, qualifying on the front row, and any at race that they are not on the podium it is disastrous."
    Great quote from Horner, lol

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Rather not. Besides, Kimi had the best start, from 3rd
    That's not the question.

Lewis had a better start than Bottas who was on the clean side of the track.

Can anyone copy and paste this article?

https://www.autosport.com/f1/feature...ri-worst-track

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    Can anyone copy and paste this article?

https://www.autosport.com/f1/feature...ri-worst-track

Thanks
    That should be in the other race thread, thats where all the activity is

Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post
    That should be in the other race thread, thats where all the activity is
    My bad, just realised this was the Austrian Gp thread