Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Austrian GP - RACE

https://www.racefans.net/2018/07/02/...tria-hamilton/

Lewis Hamilton says Pirelli should have brought its thinner-tread tyres for the Austrian Grand Prix after he and other drivers suffered blistering in the race.

Pirelli produced a special batch of tyres which are 0.4mm thinner than usual for the previous race at Paul Ricard, as well as at the Circuit de Catalunya earlier this year.
    “They should’ve brought the other tyre here, the same tyres we had in the last race,” said Hamilton after the race.

Asked if it was unusual to see tyres blistering, Hamilton said “it’s not unusual. When you make the wrong call, that’s what happens. They were supposed to bring the other tyre this weekend.”

“I was trying to overtake,” he said. “And that’s probably the problem with these tyres is you can’t stay in a race.

“I had the pace to put on a race and stay with them and be in the fight for the rest of the race and then the tyres don’t make it. In that circumstance, that’s robbed the fans of seeing more racing. But that is just the way it is.”

“These tyres aren’t good enough for us to be able to really race,” he added. “It’s a shame these tyres aren’t good enough that you can stay in the battle, you have blistering.”

Waiting till Sky and British media back him up and make a big fuss about it
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Would you agree for change of tyres in mid season as 6 teams suffered blistering at this moment ???

Pirelli should also think before the change, ferrari suffered huge of all in Barcelona n how they got back in France. So instead of changing tyres tell mercs to adapt or develop as others do. Don’t always moan about tyres..!!
    100%.

Btw Dude if ferrari can gain a 0.4s in quali and we get pole ,mercs cant follow. Ferrari look much better race day chasing compared to them who suffer from overheating and tyres
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Would you agree for change of tyres in mid season as 6 teams suffered blistering at this moment ???

Pirelli should also think before the change, ferrari suffered huge of all in Barcelona n how they got back in France. So instead of changing tyres tell mercs to adapt or develop as others do. Don’t always moan about tyres..!!
    They are not going to change the tyres other than the 3 races they announced in April.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    https://www.racefans.net/2018/07/02/...tria-hamilton/

Waiting till Sky and British media back him up and make a big fuss about it

“I had the pace to put on a race and stay with them and be in the fight for the rest of the race and then the tyres don’t make it. In that circumstance, that’s robbed the fans of seeing more racing. But that is just the way it is.”

jeeeezuus, this diva just won't stop whine-ing when he's not first or on the podium.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    jeeeezuus, this diva just won't stop whine-ing when he's not first or on the podium.
    Its really bad. lol its funny during the race, but after the race when things cool down and he is still in diva mode, makes him so cringe

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    No, the tyres used at Silverstone will have less tread on them as in Spain and France. It was announced in April that 3 races would use the different tyres, this is the last race they will be used.
    OK, so the HARD tyre at Silverstone will be a "special" HARD tyre. You know this for a fact? That will mean it's the 12th compound used this season. Not "used" because the SUPER HARD and the HARD haven't been physically used, but they are in the regs, nominated. Which every team signed on to prior to the season that started on february 26, 2018. So it's Superhard (the emergency tyre), Hard, Medium, Soft, Supersoft, Ultrasoft and Hypersoft...AND a "special" Soft, Supersoft, Ultrasoft and Hypersoft have been used at Barcelona and Paul Ricard. And now we will have a "special" HARD tyre which makes it 12 compounds. So the "original" HARD tyres will not make its debut until Suzuka (probably). That is just great....12 compounds from an original seven.

Have I painted a clear picture above?

If you read the article I posted then yes its a fact the tyres used at Silverstone will have reduced tread like Spain and France.
    Forza Ferrari

WTH he’s talking... if he can’t race & match or pass anyone then he talks abt tyres. Wt a 4 time WDC he is .
    How did others pass on track where everyone expected overtaking is difficult.

No other driver complained about the tyres ... not even DR.

So ham wants to win WDC on tyre change . Is he really a racer ???
    Look at Ferrari they never complained about tyres after it worse performance in Barcelona. Even vet said it’s down to their suspension issues or set-up gone wrong. Look how they recovered ...!!

Ham is just a driver not a racer. Hence proved

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    OK, so the HARD tyre at Silverstone will be a "special" HARD tyre. You know this for a fact? That will mean it's the 12th compound used this season. Not "used" because the SUPER HARD and the HARD haven't been physically used, but they are in the regs, nominated. Which every team signed on to prior to the season that started on february 26, 2018. So it's Superhard (the emergency tyre), Hard, Medium, Soft, Supersoft, Ultrasoft and Hypersoft...AND a "special" Soft, Supersoft, Ultrasoft and Hypersoft have been used at Barcelona and Paul Ricard. And now we will have a "special" HARD tyre which makes it 12 compounds. So the "original" HARD tyres will not make its debut until Suzuka (probably). That is just great....12 compounds from an original seven.

Have I painted a clear picture above?

I don't think they (hard - blue) get used at Silverstone. It will be the mediums and soft that get used.

And so it begins...Hamilton will have his tires sooner than we think.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/

Pirelli surprised by tyre blistering in Austria

Pirelli says the tyre blistering that affected many drivers in the Austrian GP came as a surprise – despite it being an issue at the Red Bull Ring in the past.

Blistering was not a talking point earlier in the weekend, when the focus was on graining, but higher temperatures on Sunday tipped the tyres over the edge, especially the soft.
    Lewis Hamilton and Daniel Ricciardo both had to make unplanned extra pitstops, while race winner Max Verstappen was able to successfully manage the situation, and the Ferrari drivers also suffered less.
    Pirelli F1 boss Mario Isola insisted that blistering is accepted as part of the game, but he acknowledged that it shouldn't be too extreme.

"On this track last year we had some blisters, so we consider this track has potential for blistering," he told Motorsport.com.

"Blistering and graining are two effects that are well known by the teams, and they know how to manage them.

"Obviously we don't want to have a situation in which we have blisters everywhere, because then it's not a real race.

"People have just to manage blistering or change tyres because of the blistering, but not massive blistering that is affecting the result of the race.

"We can have blisters in Monza if it's very hot, especially on the front, because you have the camber, and you have a lot of braking and traction.

Sounds like hamilton talking if you ask me. We built a better chassis to handle the current tyres, Hamilton should stop crying and it over it.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    If you read the article I posted then yes its a fact the tyres used at Silverstone will have reduced tread like Spain and France.
    So my post above is true then, and you know this for a fact? It's the 12th compound being used this season. I did paint a clear picture then? Did I?

I don't think they (hard - blue) get used at Silverstone. It will be the mediums and soft that get used.
    Hard will be used but probably not in the race for the top teams.
    Forza Ferrari

I just want to go on record and say if rubber is going to decide both championships this year, it' just stupid. It's stupid. A million-dollar industry decided by rubber. It's just as stupid as the synapses in Derek Warwick's brain. He might suffer because of it, and it's not fun to make fun if someone that is unwell, but he's an idiot. Maybe he's really sick? Maybe? Knowing that , personally, (met him several times) I know he's not sick, he just hates Ferrari. If he's sick, I'm sorry. So back to rubber. In 2018, the year of the lord, one might actually think something as trivial as rubber will decide the last true championship. We still have Lady Luck on our side though.. She likes us and fancies us. That has to count in the end.

I just want to go on record and say if rubber is going to decide both championships this year, it' just stupid. It's stupid. A million-dollar industry decided by rubber. It's just as stupid as the synapses in Derek Warwick's brain. He might suffer because of it, and it's not fun to make fun if someone that is unwell, but he's an idiot. Maybe he's really sick? Maybe? Knowing that , personally, (met him several times) I know he's not sick, he just hates Ferrari. If he's sick, I'm sorry. So back to rubber. In 2018, the year of the lord, one might actually think something as trivial as rubber will decide the last true championship. We still have Lady Luck on our side though.. She likes us and fancies us. That has to count in the end.
    ...aaaand here we go again.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    not unusual this time of year.

Saturday, im getting married. Whoop. And its going be hot.
    Congratulations!
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    not unusual this time of year.

Saturday, im getting married. Whoop. And its going be hot.
    Hope you both have a lovely day mate
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    ...aaaand here we go again.
    I was always a Benny Hill supporter and fan. Still, laugh at me.

So my post above is true then, and you know this for a fact? It's the 12th compound being used this season. I did paint a clear picture then? Did I?
    https://motorlat.com/notas/f1/6252/p...ish-grand-prix

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    And so it begins...Hamilton will have his tires sooner than we think.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/

Pirelli surprised by tyre blistering in Austria

Pirelli says the tyre blistering that affected many drivers in the Austrian GP came as a surprise – despite it being an issue at the Red Bull Ring in the past.

Blistering was not a talking point earlier in the weekend, when the focus was on graining, but higher temperatures on Sunday tipped the tyres over the edge, especially the soft.
    Lewis Hamilton and Daniel Ricciardo both had to make unplanned extra pitstops, while race winner Max Verstappen was able to successfully manage the situation, and the Ferrari drivers also suffered less.
    Pirelli F1 boss Mario Isola insisted that blistering is accepted as part of the game, but he acknowledged that it shouldn't be too extreme.

"On this track last year we had some blisters, so we consider this track has potential for blistering," he told Motorsport.com.

"Blistering and graining are two effects that are well known by the teams, and they know how to manage them.

"Obviously we don't want to have a situation in which we have blisters everywhere, because then it's not a real race.

"People have just to manage blistering or change tyres because of the blistering, but not massive blistering that is affecting the result of the race.

"We can have blisters in Monza if it's very hot, especially on the front, because you have the camber, and you have a lot of braking and traction.

Sounds like hamilton talking if you ask me. We built a better chassis to handle the current tyres, Hamilton should stop crying and it over it.
    Why are other teams silent? Are they so week that they don't have any power/right to say something?!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Why are other teams silent? Are they so week that they don't have any power/right to say something?!
    Because the other teams are NOT challenging for either WDC or WCC apart from Ferrari
    That is why Ferrari should grow some balls and put a stop to this formula Mercedes/Pirelli once in for all

As far as I can recall, ALL teams including the Taxis/ Mercedes have tested the same 2018 tires Pirelli brought at the Abu Dhabi test at the end of the 2017 season

But if they designed a flop of a car that eats tires, well they should thank James Allison and co for that...it is NOT Ferraris or any other teams’s fault for for designing the cars right

They should go back to the drawing board and fix the issue just like Ferrari did with the shaved tires issues they had in Barcelona, we put ou head down and worked hard to fix the issue...so pleas Merc shut it and fix the problem yourself and don’t rely on formula prey to do it for YA...

End of rant
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Because the other teams are NOT challenging for either WDC or WCC apart from Ferrari
    That is why Ferrari should grow some balls and put a stop to this formula Mercedes/Pirelli once in for all

As far as I can recall, ALL teams including the Taxis/ Mercedes have tested the same 2018 tires Pirelli brought at the Abu Dhabi test at the end of the 2017 season

But if they designed a flop of a car that eats tires, well they should thank James Allison and co for that...it is NOT Ferraris or any other teams’s fault for for designing the cars right

They should go back to the drawing board and fix the issue just like Ferrari did with the shaved tires issues they had in Barcelona, we put ou head down and worked hard to fix the issue...so pleas Merc shut it and fix the problem yourself and don’t rely on formula prey to do it for YA...

End of rant
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post

End of rant
    Well said. Of course Ferrari could use HAAS and SAUBER also for saying something like you just wrote!

Well said. Of course Ferrari could use HAAS and SAUBER also for saying something like you just wrote!
    That’s a good idea too

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Say What? The best team radio in Austria

https://www.formula1.com/en/video/20...n_Austria.html

My thoughts exactly. If the FIA decide use these merc-tyres more often Ferrari should protest. Pull all the Ferrari powered cars out of the race. See how much money they make then, how many viewers they have etc...
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

So Mercs had biggest update package (for the whole season) in Austria...and looks like everything did go wrong...

https://www.f1supernews.com/2018/06/...eason-to-fear/

I mean that they did get really fast one lap car, but in race it is a disaster. Both DNF, tyres, " I can`t pass these guys."

The 3 spot penalty cost Vettel the win. (and 11 points)

Then add in the 15 points Max cost Vettel, and the 15 he consequently gave Hamilton (30 points)

Vettel should be ahead by approximately 40 points. Almost 2 full victories.

Imagine if Mercedes was that far behind, and had the problems they experienced today. The amount of pressure it would put on them, and consequently more mistakes.

Anyone have an in car of Hamilton when he's getting passed by Sebastian?

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    The 3 spot penalty cost Vettel the win. (and 11 points)

Then add in the 15 points Max cost Vettel, and the 15 he consequently gave Hamilton (30 points)

Vettel should be ahead by approximately 40 points. Almost 2 full victories.

Imagine if Mercedes was that far behind, and had the problems they experienced today. The amount of pressure it would put on them, and consequently more mistakes.
    We cannot IMAGINE, we must live in NOW...