Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2018 British GP - Pre-Race news

[QUOTE=T99;978804]
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post

Not really, the math you should be doing is that vettel has already 19 wins not coming from pole so I don’t think he should be learning anything from max unless he wants to increase his dnf numbers. Also what did max do so special on this race? Made the most of kimi mistakes in the first lap (kimi should have won this race) and after that it was all down to bottas breakdown and strategy error with hamilton, it was a lucky win not sure there’s much to learn from that.
    I agree Max has a lot of catching up to do to get his 19th win without pole. But he's moving along so far. Seb has a few more races over Max . As you point out Kimi , my favorite ; mistake 1st.lap, Bottas car breakdown, Strategy error from Lewis one of the best ever drivers! Anyone of these 3 drivers wish they had Max's luck ! F Pirelli fans all know luck has a lot to do with winning a race. Max so far 3-2-1 Blast Off!!!

Rain???? Hope not lol

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by abbottcostello View Post
    Don't cry mkw! I think it was Seb who pointed out Ferrari has been doing updates pretty much every race (since the fly-aways were finished... I think?), instead of saving up to make a big update "package".

Plus you do know that it is generally accepted that the floor & diffusor contribute approx. 50% of total downforce, the FW ~25% & RW ~25%. Obviously those are only ballpark numbers that I've read on more than one website where they get into aero details.

So, that makes me guardedly happy when I hear we're getting a new floor!
    if its true than that's shweeet i hope it does help as much as possible!, saw that mercs are bringing even more updates here so got worried that just a new floor isnt enough to pull back that advantage plus what they have gotten last two races.

i remember ferrari saying the longer wheelbase will allow more updates and progress aero wise so just expected maybe more on the outside , i wonder if ferrari will bring a bigger update down the road, RB brought there big major one at spain, Mercs at austria/silverstone maybe ferrari is aiming for Monza for the sake of the tifosi
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Rain???? Hope not lolhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...931c977c90.jpg

i hope no rain, let this be a hot scorcher!, is it very windy at the moment?
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Ferrari running the spoon rear wing in Silverstone

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    Ferrari running the spoon rear wing in Silverstone
    yep

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DhVOe6bXUAEJKVT.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DhVOgNyW0AA430t.jpg

and according to the FIA.....Mercedes mirrors update are legal.........like that was going to be a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    yep

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DhVOe6bXUAEJKVT.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DhVOgNyW0AA430t.jpg

and according to the FIA.....Mercedes mirrors update are legal.........like that was going to be a surprise.
    to the letter

btw it seems ross brawn , hamilton and mercedes are doing some challenge or competition today... fia, liberty and mercs are pretty close these days

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/...ottas-problem/

according to amus

-the new mercs updates at Austria are worth atleast 0.2s, (expect to see more at Silverstone because of lap length compared to Austria)
    -Ferrari were about 0.33s behind Mercs at Austria but had the best tyre degradation with no blistering
    -Max had the same issue as Ricciardo and was ordered to turn his engine way down to try to make it to the end which is why Ferrari started catching him at the end
    -Rb's/renaults new Quali mode gives them an extra +15hp
    -Mercs are not 100% sure whether Bottas engine is perfectly fine and are worried but they cant see anything wrong at with it at the moment.

What kind of BS-Biased journalism is this? Vettel was gifted the championship lead and will loose it this weekend? How about Ferrari built a more reliable package that doesn't eat its tyres and doesn't rely on special compound to win races? Unbelievable...I hope Ferrari destroy Merc at home this weekend.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/anothe...ont-bungle-it/

The championship lead has changed hands thrice in three races and there’s every indication that it will do so again at Silverstone, unless of course Mercedes botch another one.

Last time out in Austria, Sebastian Vettel was gifted a one-point advantage in the championship race as he came from sixth on the grid to finish third at the chequered flag.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Comparison Ferrari rear wings Baku vs Silverstone & rear suspension (upper arm)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DhVubcQXUAAuaSc.jpg

New Ferrar floor for Silverstone

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DhWH6xMWAAMHXgf.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Rain???? Hope not lolhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...931c977c90.jpg

I really do wish you great time!!!

Kimi and Vettel will try two different rear wing configurations. Kimi (straight) vs Vettel (curved)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DhWe2hDXcAMbc6X.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DhWe3pdXcAAE7s7.jpg
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 5th July 2018 at 17:42.

2018 British GP - Pre-Race news

Max won 4xs not from pole. He's living on the podium as of lately. Rules are meant to be "Bent!" Are fans thinking, it's his car , not the driver that gets him on top?
    Ok Brembo Max is a super good driver, I expect you have his poster in your room (nightmarish as it sounds); but this is a Ferrari forum, can you stick wit Ferrari drivers and in the best light POSSIBLE, please.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    I really do wish you great time!!!
    Have a Really great time Greig !!!

How knows, if Juve can sign CR7, Ferrari can win in Silverstone

Quote Originally Posted by Aberracus View Post
    Ok Brembo Max is a super good driver, I expect you have his poster in your room (nightmarish as it sounds); but this is a Ferrari forum, can you stick wit Ferrari drivers and in the best light POSSIBLE, please.

Ok! I'm a Ferrari fan. WCC is where it's at. This is a Ferrari forum, when fans keep bringing up Max's name here and going on how terrible he is as driver I only do the same but as a great driver . No harm done either way , for or against another driver. I've seen on occasion the name Lewis, Bottas , Leclerc, Dan R, I'll stop there! What are their names doing on a Ferrari forum? What about mentioning Rubens !!

I've seen on occasion the name Lewis, Bottas , Leclerc, Dan R, I'll stop there! What are their names doing on a Ferrari forum?
    f1-silverstone-july-testing-2016-charles-leclerc-ferrari-test-driver.jpg

Disappointed Since 2010

Seb dyed his hair ?

Seb dyed his hair ?
    No Lewis rolled his...

Ok! I'm a Ferrari fan. WCC is where it's at. This is a Ferrari forum, when fans keep bringing up Max's name here and going on how terrible he is as driver I only do the same but as a great driver . No harm done either way , for or against another driver. I've seen on occasion the name Lewis, Bottas , Leclerc, Dan R, I'll stop there! What are their names doing on a Ferrari forum? What about mentioning Rubens !!
    Leclerc is a driver from Ferrari academy driving for Alfa and soon to be a Ferrari driver.
    Do you really wish to compare to Max and your support to a driver fighting our drivers ?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Leclerc is a driver from Ferrari academy driving for Alfa and soon to be a Ferrari driver.
    Do you really wish to compare to Max and your support to a driver fighting our drivers ?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    I want our drivers to win for sure , but there's a lot to be said during a great race, namely the other drivers and how they do. If Leclerc is fighting to win, and wins the next race those are points Ferrari dosen't get. Max is considered here as one of the worst drivers ever. I see him as a great driver and wish him with Ferrari. I favor Kimi as the guy I want to win. Ferrari fans wish him to get out , retire! He drives for Ferrari , have a little respect here on this Ferrari forum for one of our own. He's not fighting us , he's one of us. If Ferrari DNFs or is not in a winning place during a race , I just can't help watching the rest of the race to see who wins and the podium drivers. Oh and what tires gets them the win!

I want our drivers to win for sure , but there's a lot to be said during a great race, namely the other drivers and how they do. If Leclerc is fighting to win, and wins the next race those are points Ferrari dosen't get. Max is considered here as one of the worst drivers ever. I see him as a great driver and wish him with Ferrari. I favor Kimi as the guy I want to win. Ferrari fans wish him to get out , retire! He drives for Ferrari , have a little respect here on this Ferrari forum for one of our own. He's not fighting us , he's one of us. If Ferrari DNFs or is not in a winning place during a race , I just can't help watching the rest of the race to see who wins and the podium drivers. Oh and what tires gets them the win!
    Kimi is not helping Ferrari, he is costing Ferrari lots of points. I would like to see Kimi win at least 1 race this year before calling it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Kimi is not helping Ferrari, he is costing Ferrari lots of points. I would like to see Kimi win at least 1 race this year before calling it a day.
    Seb also costing Ferrari lots of points with mistakes not "The Car" Remember who has to move over!! Not Seb. Last time was a modern day miracle that Ferrari didn't tell Kimi to take a leak. WCC is still available, I hope for the best from both boys. A lot of luck helps also.

Seb also costing Ferrari lots of points with mistakes not "The Car" Remember who has to move over!! Not Seb. Last time was a modern day miracle that Ferrari didn't tell Kimi to take a leak. WCC is still available, I hope for the best from both boys. A lot of luck helps also.
    Forza Ferrari !

All drivers make mistakes.

The difference between Seb and Kimi is that Seb has shown he can maximize potential of car and win races with it (2015 and 2017 also) whereas Kimi has not shown he can do that.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    What kind of BS-Biased journalism is this? Vettel was gifted the championship lead and will loose it this weekend? How about Ferrari built a more reliable package that doesn't eat its tyres and doesn't rely on special compound to win races? Unbelievable...I hope Ferrari destroy Merc at home this weekend.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/anothe...ont-bungle-it/

The championship lead has changed hands thrice in three races and there’s every indication that it will do so again at Silverstone, unless of course Mercedes botch another one.

Last time out in Austria, Sebastian Vettel was gifted a one-point advantage in the championship race as he came from sixth on the grid to finish third at the chequered flag.
    Try the BBC's Andrew Benson. Appalling bias toward HAM and incessant belittling of Ferrari.. Really horrible little buzzard embryo look-alike of a man..
    Trying to be less angry..

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    Try the BBC's Andrew Benson. Appalling bias toward HAM and incessant belittling of Ferrari.. Really horrible little buzzard embryo look-alike of a man..
    Love your turn of phrase, Nick! Sadly all the UK media fraternity only seem to care about the Brits, not surprisingly, but there are some of us who dare to be different!

Everyone on this forum should be rooting for a Ferrari-Ferrari-Leclerc podium every weekend, not that it's realistic. Next year, we should be rooting for a Ferrari-Ferrari-Giovinazzi podium every weekend, since Leclerc will be promoted and Gio will fill his old seat.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    Everyone on this forum should be rooting for a Ferrari-Ferrari-Leclerc podium every weekend, not that it's realistic. Next year, we should be rooting for a Ferrari-Ferrari-Giovinazzi podium every weekend, since Leclerc will be promoted and Gio will fill his old seat.
    that would be the ultimate podium this year TBH

Just imagine if Seb was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay ahead in the WDC and Ferrari with Seb and Kimi were waaaaaaaay ahead in the WCC, and we get that podium result at Monza