Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2018 British GP - Pre-Race news

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I want our drivers to win for sure , but there's a lot to be said during a great race, namely the other drivers and how they do. If Leclerc is fighting to win, and wins the next race those are points Ferrari dosen't get. Max is considered here as one of the worst drivers ever. I see him as a great driver and wish him with Ferrari. I favor Kimi as the guy I want to win. Ferrari fans wish him to get out , retire! He drives for Ferrari , have a little respect here on this Ferrari forum for one of our own. He's not fighting us , he's one of us. If Ferrari DNFs or is not in a winning place during a race , I just can't help watching the rest of the race to see who wins and the podium drivers. Oh and what tires gets them the win!
    You cannot have it both ways.
    If you are to see Leclerc as an opponent, then you will see Max as an opponent.
    Although one will claim (and rightfully so) that Alfa is Ferrari #2 team and whatever mileage they do, it's for our own benefits, so it's for our own benefits that their drivers to do well, and being that Leclerc is our driver (just not driving for Ferrari, yet) , it's for our own benefit to get better.
    Also , one should consider that Leclerc at no case is harming our campaign as Alfa is not at the same league to our own.
    However, this is not the case with Mad max, or RBR. One could say you support a direct rival to our guys, and that you support RBR.
    One could claim you're in direct violation of the rules of this forum.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Kimi is not helping Ferrari, he is costing Ferrari lots of points. I would like to see Kimi win at least 1 race this year before calling it a day.
    He just got a #2 , get real.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Everyone keeps saying this is a Merc track, they have won here for the past 5 years. Was China not a Merc track in terms of pole since 2012 and who ended up getting pole this year?

Key words from Vettel: “But the important thing is that we had a good Friday, everything we put on the car seemed to work, and I felt happy with the balance of the car straight away and managed to find a good rhythm from the beginning.”

At this point of the weekend, it's much better to have this than the fastest laps. It would be much worse if the new floor made no gain or created set up issues - it looks like it's in the sweet-spot zone without needing much heavy tweaking!

2018 British GP - Pre-Race news

Quote Originally Posted by From Treviso View Post
    Key words from Vettel: “But the important thing is that we had a good Friday, everything we put on the car seemed to work, and I felt happy with the balance of the car straight away and managed to find a good rhythm from the beginning.”

At this point of the weekend, it's much better to have this than the fastest laps. It would be much worse if the new floor made no gain or created set up issues - it looks like it's in the sweet-spot zone without needing much heavy tweaking!
    These are GREAT news !!!!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    Last edited by Aberracus; 6th July 2018 at 22:33.
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

I'm cautiously optimistic, but it looks like things are really coming together for the team.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Aberracus View Post
    These are GREAT news !!!!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    Also, Ferrari are using their 6 race old engines for Friday practice (as are most of the other teams), which is a good sign seeing that Ferrari had good sector times and speed trap speeds during the sessions where they're normally running conservative. Either they've changed their tactics by focusing on outright pace, or the track conditions are really making this car shine well above the others right now. I think if it was grey, dark, cold and gloomy, we'd be seeing a totally different scenario. But for now, enjoy the show, which should be quite entertaining!

Cautiously optimistic after today, however I think the mercs and especially hamitlon were sandbagging all to make it look like he pulls pole and the race win out of the bag out of nowhere, I can just imagine Sky and the rest of the UK media now <----insert sick smiley here (mods we need a sick/being sick smiley)

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    Cautiously optimistic after today, however I think the mercs and especially hamitlon were sandbagging all to make it look like he pulls pole and the race win out of the bag out of nowhere, I can just imagine Sky and the rest of the UK media now <----insert sick smiley here (mods we need a sick/being sick smiley)
    I don't think they are sandbagging they failed to finish both cars last race and track time is extremely important in F1 now w/ no testing during the season except for the few tire tests.

I think it's more likely that Merc spent the day on race trim trying to sort some of their tire wear issues...tomorrow FP3 will show us where things stand as the teams will be looking to prep their cars for qualy.

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    Everyone on this forum should be rooting for a Ferrari-Ferrari-Leclerc podium every weekend, not that it's realistic. Next year, we should be rooting for a Ferrari-Ferrari-Giovinazzi podium every weekend, since Leclerc will be promoted and Gio will fill his old seat.
    That would be great, I do feel that GIO is being slightly overlooked in favour of Charles and I hope he doesn't lose out as a result, they are both part of Ferrari's future, hopefully.

Heard Hamilton visited some camp sites, did any one meet him?

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Maurizio Arrivabene said after Austria that Silverstone is going to be very tough for Ferrari, they don't expect to perform well there let alone fight for pole or victory. I reckon Red Bull will qualify ahead of Ferraris. It's also not a good track for Vettel - he might qualify 6th.

3 tenths deficit in Austria translates to 8 tenths deficit in Silverstone.

3 tenths does not equal 8 tenths at silverstone.

One could claim you're in direct violation of the rules of this forum.[/QUOTE]

It's all Greek to me? I'm not sure why hoping for Max @ Ferrari is a bad thing. When Seb was waving his #1 finger when he was with the enemy, every win he was hated here. Now he's a God to most fans. Kimi my favorite is dissed big time here. Wanting at the time; Seb to go to Ferrari was a dream come true for most Ferrari fans regardless of how he acted. I see Max as a future champion and would like him to " Do it" @ Ferrari. With all Max's troubles in practice, he still came in 5th ahead of Dan and only behind the top Merc Ferrari boys. Meanwhile I believe we can do it, this year!!!
    Last edited by Brembo; 7th July 2018 at 22:17.

Andrew benson is a fool simple as that goes with his thick head and thick skin not very popular at all.

One could claim you're in direct violation of the rules of this forum.

It's all Greek to me? I'm not sure why hoping for Max @ Ferrari is a bad thing. When Seb was waving his #1 finger when he was with the enemy, every win he was hated here. Now he's a God to most fans. Kimi my favorite is dissed big time here. Wanting at the time; Seb to go to Ferrari was a dream come true for most Ferrari fans regardless of how he acted. I see Max as a future champion and would like him to " Do it" @ Ferrari. With all Max's troubles in practice, he still came in 5th ahead of Dan and only behind the top Merc Ferrari boys. Meanwhile I believe we can do it, this year!!!
    This is not what you do.
    You are constantly bashing our drivers and you are supporting Max.

You are supposed to support this team in a Ferrari forum.

Perhaps you don't understand it, perhaps it's all Portuguese to you but the team is everything from the cleaning lady to the drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    This is not what you do.
    You are constantly bashing our drivers and you are supporting Max.

You are supposed to support this team in a Ferrari forum.

Perhaps you don't understand it, perhaps it's all Portuguese to you but the team is everything from the cleaning lady to the drivers.
    But are you including my favorite driver Kimi along with the cleaning lady ?

IB'AKAC is the best I can do to who don't support Ferrari here!