Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Results 391 to 420 of 486

Thread: 2018 British GP - Practices and Qualifying

  1. #391
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Bosnia
    Posts
    1,358
    What do you know, British fans are now the best in the world.

  2. #392
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Pangea
    Posts
    3,309
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    Hamilton did an amazing job today.

    We've got the fastest car on the grid.
    The new floor and the diffuser is doing magic.

  3. #393
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    270
    Quote Originally Posted by DJTaurus View Post
    Mercedes was never special. They had a 2 year head start in the beginning of the turbo era due to ma-Fia help. That’s all.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Isn't it better, in sports, to defeat an opponent who is good and on top of their game, than defeat somebody u think is second rate?

  4. #394
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,565
    Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    What do you mean?! I am more than happy to have Ferrari 2nd and 3rd. I meant I could not watch LH praising about everything for this pole
    Ham prOblem was S1..!! He was scrappy in that sector. But in final he corrected it.
    Vet problem is S3..!! But he correct it n lost it S1.

    Final lap

  5. #395
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    231
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    The new floor and the diffuser is doing magic.
    Totally agree. Neither of our drivers had a proper lap on Q3, it could be 1-2.

  6. #396
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    28,542
    Win will be ours tomorrow

    Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
    Forza Ferrari

  7. #397
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    5,205
    So 2 scenarios for race day:

    1.) Vettel and Kimi jump Lewis at the start into T1

    or

    2.) Both Vettel and Kimi stay tucked behind Lewis and pressure that W09 to eat its tires.

  8. #398
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Pangea
    Posts
    3,309
    Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    What do you mean?! I am more than happy to have Ferrari 2nd and 3rd. I meant I could not watch LH praising about everything for this pole
    My apologies.

  9. #399
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    The Red Planet
    Posts
    526
    Quote Originally Posted by DJTaurus View Post
    Mercedes was never special. They had a 2 year head start in the beginning of the turbo era due to ma-Fia help. That’s all.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    True. They had a two year head start because the FIA used Merc turbo hybrid blueprint to be the formula for the engines. Also, don't forget the secret tire testing with Pirelli in 2013 for the 2014 spec tires. Viola! Mercedes 2014 F1 Champions LOL

  10. #400
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    419
    Truly no shame
    Quote Originally Posted by da_one View Post
    True. They had a two year head start because the FIA used Merc turbo hybrid blueprint to be the formula for the engines. Also, don't forget the secret tire testing with Pirelli in 2013 for the 2014 spec tires. Viola! Mercedes 2014 F1 Champions LOL

  11. #401
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,565
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    So 2 scenarios for race day:

    1.) Vettel and Kimi jump Lewis at the start into T1

    or

    2.) Both Vettel and Kimi stay tucked behind Lewis and pressure that W09 to eat its tires.
    Ham might squeeze them. Especially vettel. So kimi has good chance to be aggressive.
    I think vettel has extra set of softs as, everyone did 2 laps in q2. Vet only one.

  12. #402
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    hong kong
    Posts
    1,257
    I feel Hamilton knows he wont have it easy tomorrow. His rear gunner is not there with him. If one of the ferraris could jump at the start ham wont be able to follow.

  13. #403
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Posts
    2,127
    Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    I feel Hamilton knows he wont have it easy tomorrow. His rear gunner is not there with him. If one of the ferraris could jump at the start ham wont be able to follow.
    Seb will get him once drs is enabled.

  14. #404
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    hong kong
    Posts
    1,257
    Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    Seb will get him once drs is enabled.
    Yeah If cannot get him at the start.

  15. #405
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,565
    Can anybody post tyres available for each driver.!!
    Both ric & vet have extra set of soft tyre, might be.

  16. #406
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    10,668
    Quote Originally Posted by Schumiklub View Post
    What do you know, British fans are now the best in the world.

  17. #407
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Bosnia
    Posts
    1,358
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Can anybody post tyres available for each driver.!!
    Both ric & vet have extra set of soft tyre, might be.
    RB is way back, I doubt they can make up 7 tenths in the race.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #408
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Posts
    2,127
    Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    Yeah If cannot get him at the start.
    Difficult, Seb is on the dirty side, Ham will sqeeze him. May be Kimi has a chance if he is awake at the start.

  19. #409
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Posts
    2,127
    Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    I feel Hamilton knows he wont have it easy tomorrow. His rear gunner is not there with him. If one of the ferraris could jump at the start ham wont be able to follow.
    And there is also the chance his car will kaboom again

  20. #410
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    10,668
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Win will be ours tomorrow

    Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
    From your mouth to Gods ears!


  21. #411
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    5,205
    This qualifying was a testament to the engineers and technicians....along with the drivers...of the developement to the car wih these "Pirelli-Mercedes" tires. We had issues with them in Spain, then came Paul Ricard (France) where we got closer and now we are here at Silverstone.

    Something the "uber" Mercedes could not do.

  22. #412
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,565
    5790EB88-D1F2-47F9-907E-3DB50B01AB02.jpeg

    I wonder why did bottas go for extra set of hard ice blue tyre when it’s new for everyone.

    From the above pic I see before GP, vet didn’t run extra set in Fp3&q2.

    If it’s 2stop race, vet at advtange ??

  23. #413
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    towradgi beach
    Posts
    467
    Ferrari has already gone beyond expections at this circuit ferrari can win this with some smart tactics.

  24. #414
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    towradgi beach
    Posts
    467
    Chinmay go away a wise man once said its better to be a bad listner than a bad talker take note and use this advise wisely good luck.

  25. #415
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Helsinki
    Posts
    2,589
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    This qualifying was a testament to the engineers and technicians....along with the drivers...of the developement to the car wih these "Pirelli-Mercedes" tires. We had issues with them in Spain, then came Paul Ricard (France) where we got closer and now we are here at Silverstone.

    Something the "uber" Mercedes could not do.
    yeah

  26. #416
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    762
    I don't know if you noticed today but our improved qualiy performance today came as we changed our running order in q3.
    Previously I noticed that we sent our drivers behind each other with Mercs following us.
    Mercs were playing games behind us by getting too close and spoiling our warm ups. Watch Austria and paul ricard.
    It was interesting seeing Lewis trying his dirty tactics on his first run by going too slow which back fired. Hopefully that will be the last of this and we will manage our q3 runs more wisely
    "I really don't know what happened" - Lewis Hamilton (frequently)

  27. #417
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    3,268
    Great quali from the drivers and team, hope Seb's neck isn't going to affect him tomorrow, and a clean start is imperative. It's all to play for but I couldn't bear to watch the post-quali HAM-fest, we may be the best fans but not necessarily for the obvious team!! Forza Ferrari sempre!

  28. #418
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,949
    Hamilton only took pole because of Vettel's neck. Tomorrow, both of the Ferraris will be breathing down his. That Mercedes is going to destroy those tires and Ferrari will finish one and two! The victory will be even sweeter in England.

  29. #419
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,936
    The Ferraris have been good off the line over the past few races, France Vettel had a very good start but got boxed, Austria Kimi had a very good start. As this track has fast sweeping corners we can nail him at the start.

  30. #420
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    salco
    Posts
    2,065
    P2 + P3 hopefully means maximum pressure on Lewis.
    0.04 secs is pretty close, you could say they were neck and neck.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •