Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 2018 British GP - Practices and Qualifying

Ham V Vettel lap comparison

The Ferrari gains on the straight.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video...e-lap-analysed

One of our guy got neck problem and other older spec engine and we barely behind Hamilton.

I like my chances tomorrow

Can someone provide some articles and links so I can send them to others about how Mercedes decided on this current Formula?

And why did Ferrari agree, we should veto this junk.

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    Ham V Vettel lap comparison

The Ferrari gains on the straight.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video...e-lap-analysed
    are you predicting a Vettel win tomorrow?

Tyres available for tmrw race
    613F3E04-2D14-4C8A-8946-4FC13155FA5D.jpeg

Except mercs, all others drivers of top3 teams have each set of softs...!! Tmrw race expected to be under pretty hot conditions. Hope it’s a 2 stopper race.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post

Except mercs, all others drivers of top3 teams have each set of softs...!! Tmrw race expected to be under pretty hot conditions. Hope it’s a 2 stopper race.
    Hope we get it right. Merc will probably go soft to hard. Bottas had great pace with the hard tire in fp2

That first stint will decide it.

If we get in front of Gangsta Boy we win.

I think it goes without saying that a safety car between lap 5-15 advantages Merc.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Hamilton was shaking at the interview and started to cry. He wanted this so bad, i almost feel glad he took it, like i will be when we beat him tomorrow
    and then Hamster can cry again.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    and then Hamster can cry again.
    yeah, that he LOST the win to a seb's Ferrari
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    That first stint will decide it.

If we get in front of Gangsta Boy we win.

I think it goes without saying that a safety car between lap 5-15 advantages Merc.
    Not if we are leading the race then.

Never saw Hamilton like that shaking and crying. He is instable emotionely, he will not win this GP. It's too much pressure on him. Ferrari are too close, and he is on the edge. For the 1st time, and I am including last year, Ferrari can fight. Last year Seb did an awesome job, Ferrari was not on Mercedes's level, but this year is a different story. The car is good, on par with Mercedes, and Hamilton knows it. Seb's good performance alongside with Kimi waking up, because he knows he has a title car, will be Hamilton's and Mercedes's downfall. We have the better drivers and the momentum. In Hungary, Mercedes will be nowhere. They expected us to be nowhere at Silverstone. Well, here we are...

Doing it one stop would be crucial. Silverstone is quite long pit stop - 28-29 sec at best. Tire management will win the race.

If it does turn into a 2 stopper, we have a slight advantage as we got new softs tyre, Mercs have used

Hamilton shaking because he is feeling the pressure, both Ferrari's are hunting him down. He don't have the luxury of the previous years of 1 sec advantage over the rest of the field with the only competitor being Rosberg for the win.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    are you predicting a Vettel win tomorrow?
    I don't like making predictions, even though I finished 3rd overall in the Castrol F1 predictor last year (3rd - worldwide, 1st in the UK).

However I know we will give Hamilton a run for his money. If we can maintain track position by staying at least 2nd and 3rd and drop Bottas, we can do the pincher move on him as he will not be able to cover both Kimi and Vettel

Hope sebs neck is fine tomorrow. Would really suck of it affects his race

I don't like making predictions, even though I finished 3rd overall in the Castrol F1 predictor last year (3rd - worldwide, 1st in the UK).

However I know we will give Hamilton a run for his money. If we can maintain track position by staying at least 2nd and 3rd and drop Bottas, we can do the pincher move on him as he will not be able to cover both Kimi and Vettel
    Yup even if we don’t jump ham at start, if we maintain our positions that’s good. By strategy, because it’s 2 ferraris against 1merc at the top. We can play around with kimi or vet to jump ham with pit stops.
    Mercs can’t cover both ferraris unless it’s a VSC or SC.

We have the best chance at Silverstone. Last win came in 2011, if I’m not wrong. Hopefully vettel or kimi can wipe that away with a win.

If we win today, it will be huge blow to ham in terms of confidence.
    Defeating him at his own back yard & getting 1-2 gives you a lot of pleasure as a team & opposition a nervous time.

This win should send shivers to merc & ham. I pray for that.

I think that is why Hamilton was so emotional and shaking, Ferrari almost beat him on his turf in front of his home crowd.

I think that is why Hamilton was so emotional and shaking, Ferrari almost beat him on his turf in front of his home crowd.
    don't u worry....he'll be beaten on SUnday by Ferrari when it really counts....pole's just give you bragging rights, NOT POINTS
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

ITS COMING HOME ITS COMING HOME ITS COMING, FOOTBALLS COMING HOME

Looks like Mercedes was running detuned engines due to failures in Austria, after all you can't lose 6 tenths gap in 7 days.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Looks like Mercedes was running detuned engines due to failures in Austria, after all you can't lose 6 tenths gap in 7 days.
    Loool, you’re a real troll. Maybe it was the upgrades we brought? Our engine was already powerful enough, now we have the aero, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My penny has just dropped i think i know why the ferrari blows smoke when fired up its to keep those nosy bbc cameras and reporters getting to close and its working nicely a great smoke screen.

Its going to be warmer than expected 2 stopper which will be good for ferrari with the softer compound for the second stint hunt hamilton down he will crumble with the tyre degregation trying to pull away then pounce ferrari 1 and2 very doable.

I fear Charlie W will do everything he can to stop Ferrari winning this race.
    Given half a chance he could call a SC or VSC at a crucial moment to help Lewis.
    or am I being paranoid?

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    don't u worry....he'll be beaten on SUnday by Ferrari when it really counts....pole's just give you bragging rights, NOT POINTS
    True but what driver wouldn't brag about 76 poles? I wish it on Seb!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    I fear Charlie W will do everything he can to stop Ferrari winning this race.
    Given half a chance he could call a SC or VSC at a crucial moment to help Lewis.
    or am I being paranoid?
    im with you on that, im still still fearing ham will try to chop seb into kimi or the wall since seb is on the slow dirty side
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Race strategies for Today's GP: ▪️ with low degradation, soft (16-19) / medium or soft (13-16) / Hard ▪️ with high degradation, soft (13) / soft (13) / medium. In this case Mercedes would not have available a set of new Soft but only one used 2 rounds
    Seb with Less mediums how did that happen??

hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

[QUOTE=mwk360;979349]Seb with Less mediums how did that happen??

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DhkFwx1WsAEcwv-.jpg[/QUOT

It’s similar tyre combination with ham also. But in q1, mercs went with medium & vet with soft tyres.
    In q2, mercs did additional run on softs where vet stayed in pits. So he has 1new set of Medium & softs each.

Where as kimi went with extra set of mediums.

For me ferrari has good advantage, if it’s a 2 stopper.