Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 9202122232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1106

Thread: 2018 British GP - RACE

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    Our performance bodes well for the other high speed circuits with fast corners such as Spa and Suzuka.

Mercs were strong there previous years, now we have a car with can fight with. Also Kimi is a kng at Spa, Seb is a king at Suzuka.

Does anyone know when our spec 3 engine is scheduled for? 7'races remaining would be Singapore
    We should be strong in Monza as well. It seems we have overtaken the Mercs in terms of engine power.

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    Whiting is race director, not steward.

Here is the silver foxes opinion on the penalty.

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/124...t-five-seconds
    I know who Charlie is and him saying he did not know what the stewards reasoning is is just pure crap.

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    I know who Charlie is and him saying he did not know what the stewards reasoning is is just pure crap.
    I figured it out !! Touch a Mercedes on the left rear and you get a 5 second penalty. Touch a Mercedes on the right rear and it's a 10 second penalty. That's the only reason I can come up with as to why the penalty was different.

Quote Originally Posted by da_one View Post
    We should be strong in Monza as well. It seems we have overtaken the Mercs in terms of engine power.
    No. Remember Baku? Ferrari went for higher downforce setup because their power unit isn't equal to Mercedes in terms of deployment. If there is a straight or two, that's fine but Baku required deployment for majority of the lap which is why Ferrari went for higher downforce setup with the added advantage that Ferrari would have less degradation on Sunday and that was exactly the case.

Forget deployment, Ferrari "Dethroned " Merc WDC, WCC. Lewis was forced down to 2nd , Seb the winner !!!!

Vettel has won on his worst ever track. Next stop Germany is a track with laptimes of 1.14 or 1.15; In theory, Ferrari should be strong there. Vettel's victory at his home track would be epic.

Testing underway @SilverstoneUK with @HaasF1Team @RGrosjean, @redbullracing @Sebastien_buemi, @WilliamsRacing #Kubica. Today they are testing slick tyre prototypes in preparation for 2019. Slightly cooler conditions than the race weekend.

If you look carefully, you can see which tyres Robert #Kubica ⁦@WilliamsRacing⁩ is testing for next year. Actually not....all the prototypes don’t have colour markings. So they look a bit naked..

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dhu2vEwWsAANZkG.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dhu4O6oXkAA6QVB.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DhutQSwXkAAIfQ3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    No. Remember Baku? Ferrari went for higher downforce setup because their power unit isn't equal to Mercedes in terms of deployment. If there is a straight or two, that's fine but Baku required deployment for majority of the lap which is why Ferrari went for higher downforce setup with the added advantage that Ferrari would have less degradation on Sunday and that was exactly the case.
    Older PU and ancillaries

Chinmay go back to mercedes forum

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

We were strong in Baku. However, the rate of tire wear compared to Mercedes was the culprit, the reason how Bottas managed to overtake Vettel in the pits. But we have improved our car now in terms of suspension that's why I'm feeling confident we will be strong in Monza as well.

We were strong in Baku. However, the rate of tire wear compared to Mercedes was the culprit, the reason how Bottas managed to overtake Vettel in the pits. But we have improved our car now in terms of suspension that's why I'm feeling confident we will be strong in Monza as well.
    Bottas never overtook Vettel on Pits, there was a Safety Car caused by the RedBull brothers, few laps to the end of the race; bottas took advantage of it.

Never was degradation on our tires, we where covering Hamilton pit stop; any case kimi was not around to help with the strategy because Bottas took him out in the first lap.

You really are a Merc insider

Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Seb attacking T2 at Silverstone with DRS open with 8 laps to go....he's the only one of the 4.

https://imgur.com/a/WM4Jv3O

Quote Originally Posted by Fiondella View Post
    Who were the stewards for this race? I mean who's collective decision was it to dish out a 10 second penalty. I would be interested to find out.
    I am sure i heard Martin Brundle or Crofty mention Tom Kristensen as one of the stewards
    Like you i once was
    Like me you will be.

b*lls to the wall! This was epic!

Quote Originally Posted by Aberracus View Post
    Bottas never overtook Vettel on Pits, there was a Safety Car caused by the RedBull brothers, few laps to the end of the race; bottas took advantage of it.

Never was degradation on our tires, we where covering Hamilton pit stop; any case kimi was not around to help with the strategy because Bottas took him out in the first lap.

Yup..!! It’s was vettel race win, but everyone say it’s bottas race very unlucky etc. but fact is vettel should have won. First he was the leading the race, 2nd when SC was out bottas did pit n came out ahead of him.
    Vettel had 2nd chance, but was way too aggressive in the heat of the moment.

Don’t know but at baku every year it’s not a good outing for him. Hope next year he’s gonna win it.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Yup..!! It’s was vettel race win, but everyone say it’s bottas race very unlucky etc. but fact is vettel should have won. First he was the leading the race, 2nd when SC was out bottas did pit n came out ahead of him.
    Vettel had 2nd chance, but was way too aggressive in the heat of the moment.

Don’t know but at baku every year it’s not a good outing for him. Hope next year he’s gonna win it.
    Going for the overtake was the right move. I hope you don't think that Vettel should have waited one more lap because if he did, he would be overtaken by Hamilton anyways because Ferrari was slow on straights. Vettel had to go for win and trying that move was the only option.

Going for the overtake was the right move. I hope you don't think that Vettel should have waited one more lap because if he did, he would be overtaken by Hamilton anyways because Ferrari was slow on straights. Vettel had to go for win and trying that move was the only option.
    Merc faster on straights? You begin clearly to troll this forum. Or you are blind.

Quote Originally Posted by totox View Post
    Merc faster on straights? You begin clearly to troll this forum. Or you are blind.
    Chinmay thinks Ferrari still has last year's engine.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Classic! It's one thing to say it was a deliberate act in the post race press conference, and it's another in front of the fans. He was just making an excuse to his followers that the punt by Kimi caused him to lose the race when in fact, He lost it once the lights went off. He even lost a place to his team mate even before reaching the first corner.

Lewis is the epitome of a classless sports figure. Sure he has spent more time in the track than in school. But that is not an excuse to be a disrespectful pr!ck.

It's not often I agree with Jacques Villeneuve but on this occasion I am inclined to:

Former Formula One champion Jacques Villeneuve believes that Kimi Raikkonen was only given a more severe 10-second penalty instead of the most usual five seconds because it was Lewis Hamilton he hit and it was in Britain, saying that if the incident was with Valtteri Bottas, the penalty would be less.

Anyone know who the driver stewart was on Sunday.......looks like Derek Warwick's work but I think he was on duty the previous week in France!

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Aberracus View Post

Eeeh. Watch the race again. Vettel had to pit early (I think it was lap 30) because his tires are gone (ie. lap times are getting slower compared to Bottas in 2nd place) and Bottas stayed out on track until until the SC caused by the RB collision. Then Vettel had to pit again so he lost the lead in the pits. Get it now? If Vettel didn't pit at lap 30, then he would have covered Bottas even after the SC. Nonetheless, we had the pace to get back on top but Vettel was too impatient thereby giving Ham the victory.

Now that our tire wear issues are gone due to our suspension upgrade, I reckon we will be strong in Monza as well. That's what I replied to chinmay's post.

Sorry I'm not a Merc insider. You're probably referring to a different member. I've been a loyal thescuderia.net member way back since the rivals days and a Ferrari fan for life. So don't insult me.

Classic! It's one thing to say it was a deliberate act in the post race press conference, and it's another in front of the fans. He was just making an excuse to his followers that the punt by Kimi caused him to lose the race when in fact, He lost it once the lights went off. He even lost a place to his team mate even before reaching the first corner.

Lewis is the epitome of a classless sports figure. Sure he has spent more time in the track than in school. But that is not an excuse to be a disrespectful pr!ck.
    This.

I believe the best thing that happened to Lewis after he threw away his start was that Raikkonen hit him. he finished right behind Hamilton after serving a ten second penalty.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    It's not often I agree with Jacques Villeneuve but on this occasion I am inclined to:

Former Formula One champion Jacques Villeneuve believes that Kimi Raikkonen was only given a more severe 10-second penalty instead of the most usual five seconds because it was Lewis Hamilton he hit and it was in Britain, saying that if the incident was with Valtteri Bottas, the penalty would be less.

Anyone know who the driver stewart was on Sunday.......looks like Derek Warwick's work but I think he was on duty the previous week in France!
    same here. I had to walk away, run some errands and re-read his statement.....It actually makes sense.

With regards to the driver stewards (plural...usually 3 or 4) I should have posted them.....I come across them every GP and at times post them....this one got away. You can bet if I come across the stewards for Hockenheim within the 2 week time frame, I will post them in the "Pre-race" news thread. The teams already have their sets of tires for the German GP as per Pirelli.

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post

Stewards were Tim Mayer, Mumtaz Tahincioğlu and Tom Kristensen. Tim Mayer is the son of Eddie Mayer who was a co-founder of McLaren.

Quote Originally Posted by totox View Post
    No way mercs are faster on straights in baku. If that’s the case, vettel wouldn’t have leading the race early part.
    In Silverstone vettel waited for right opportunity & was holding back a lot n then made the move. Similar context can be applied to baku. On other side vettel May have thought there are only 3-4 laps left so wanted to be aggressive n made the move where tyres were still not upto the range so locked up.

I see there are a lot of people here who think that Ferrari was faster than Mercedes on straights in Baku. But reality is a lot different, Ferrari was slower than Red Bull as well because Red Bull were running Spa levels of downforce, Ferrari was running higher downforce setup.

Ferrari's fastest speed in qualifying was 13 km/h down on Ricciardo's top speed. 10 km/h slower than Mercedes as well, the same was repeated on Sunday as well. That's a fact, here is the proof:

https://www.fia.com/events/fia-formu...information-23

Select "Maximum Speeds" under "Qualifying Session"

In the end, Ferrari's configuration was the best one as they were comfortably clear in qualifying because both Ferrari drivers were too fast in twisty middle sector due to high downforce setup and still not losing quite a lot on straights, it helped in race as well - Vettel had good degradation.

I see there are a lot of people here who think that Ferrari was faster than Mercedes on straights in Baku. But reality is a lot different, Ferrari was slower than Red Bull as well because Red Bull were running Spa levels of downforce, Ferrari was running higher downforce setup.

Ferrari's fastest speed in qualifying was 13 km/h down on Ricciardo's top speed. 10 km/h slower than Mercedes as well, the same was repeated on Sunday as well. That's a fact, here is the proof:

https://www.fia.com/events/fia-formu...information-23

Select "Maximum Speeds" under "Qualifying Session"

In the end, Ferrari's configuration was the best one as they were comfortably clear in qualifying because both Ferrari drivers were too fast in twisty middle sector due to high downforce setup and still not losing quite a lot on straights, it helped in race as well - Vettel had good degradation.
    I don't get it. Why are you trying so hard to prove that ferrari are slower than merc ?

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    I don't get it. Why are you trying so hard to prove that ferrari are slower than merc ?
    I am not saying Ferrari were slower than Merc in Baku, I am saying Ferrari were slower than Merc on the straights in Baku, there is a difference.

I am not saying Ferrari were slower than Merc in Baku, I am saying Ferrari were slower than Merc on the straights in Baku, there is a difference.
    Slower due to set up (to be fastest round the whole lap), not slower because we have a worse engine than them....which is very different.
    Forza Ferrari