Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1122232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1106

Thread: 2018 British GP - RACE

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    I guess after several past difficult seasons for Ferrari, some are finding it very hard to believe that Ferrari is now able to beat Merc on equal footing.
    In this past couple of years, Ferrari have made huge improvements, and this year we are on par with Merc now.

Merc no longer have the luxury of just cruising to a win each race. They have to push their car now, risking reliability issues.
    Yeah, Merc in dirty air is a gem of a sight, their #1 driver can't overtake, cooks tyres and whines a lot on radio.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    That's not the point of discussion, some people here are criticizing Vettel for the move he tried on Bottas while conveniently ignoring the fact that Vettel had to go for the move because one lap more and Hamilton would get a great chance to overtake him due to the difference in top end speed. So Vettel couldn't wait for one more lap, that was his best chance and it didn't work out unfortunately.
    From the link you provided:

FORMULA 1 2018 AZERBAIJAN GRAND PRIX - Baku
    Race Maximum Speeds

FINISH LINE KM/H
    3 D. RICCIARDO 344.4
    11 S. PEREZ 342.9
    7 K. RAIKKONEN 342.7
    16 C. LECLERC 339.5
    55 C. SAINZ 339.1
    9 M. ERICSSON 337.0
    18 L. STROLL 336.3
    14 F. ALONSO 336.0
    33 M. VERSTAPPEN 334.7
    20 K. MAGNUSSEN 332.1
    5 S. VETTEL 328.9
    8 R. GROSJEAN 328.7
    27 N. HULKENBERG 327.0
    2 S. VANDOORNE 323.0
    44 L. HAMILTON 319.1
    10 P. GASLY 318.8
    77 V. BOTTAS 318.5
    28 B. HARTLEY 317.5

SPEED TRAP figures show a difference of 3.3 KM/H in favor of Hamilton but also show Vettel was 1.1 KM/H faster than Bottas in the race.
    At the end of the straight Hamilton was a bit faster but you fail to take into account Ferrari's better power output this year out of corners. We were not vulnerable to the Mercs on top-end speed in the RACE.

FWIW it is also difficult to accurately parse these figures b/c you do not know at what point in the race these speeds were recorded, so Hamilton's could have been at the very end w/ all his fuel burned off when Seb was more or less trying to nurse his car home b/c of his tires.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    We are in the same boat then. Hamilton is a hollow champion, the luckiest driver of all time with gifted titles.
    Actually that is Fernando Alonso.

Big Grin

Quote Originally Posted by ScuderiaBuckeye View Post
    From the link you provided:

FORMULA 1 2018 AZERBAIJAN GRAND PRIX - Baku
    Race Maximum Speeds

FINISH LINE KM/H
    3 D. RICCIARDO 344.4
    11 S. PEREZ 342.9
    7 K. RAIKKONEN 342.7
    16 C. LECLERC 339.5
    55 C. SAINZ 339.1
    9 M. ERICSSON 337.0
    18 L. STROLL 336.3
    14 F. ALONSO 336.0
    33 M. VERSTAPPEN 334.7
    20 K. MAGNUSSEN 332.1
    5 S. VETTEL 328.9
    8 R. GROSJEAN 328.7
    27 N. HULKENBERG 327.0
    2 S. VANDOORNE 323.0
    44 L. HAMILTON 319.1
    10 P. GASLY 318.8
    77 V. BOTTAS 318.5
    28 B. HARTLEY 317.5

SPEED TRAP figures show a difference of 3.3 KM/H in favor of Hamilton but also show Vettel was 1.1 KM/H faster than Bottas in the race.
    At the end of the straight Hamilton was a bit faster but you fail to take into account Ferrari's better power output this year out of corners. We were not vulnerable to the Mercs on top-end speed in the RACE.

FWIW it is also difficult to accurately parse these figures b/c you do not know at what point in the race these speeds were recorded, so Hamilton's could have been at the very end w/ all his fuel burned off when Seb was more or less trying to nurse his car home b/c of his tires.
    I think that Ferrari not only concentrated on the PU this year, but also on the suspension to get out better of it to get all around performance. The team didn’t get as good exit like now, so I’m very happy that the find a solution on that.

"Big things have small beginings"
    "Perseverence is power"

I missed the race. I had a very nasty incident. I was minding my own business on the sidewalk and a drunk driver hit me from behind and I ended up under a big SUW. I was in a medical coma for a day in hospital. This happend on sunday just prior to the race. I'm very lucky to be alive. Luckily the ride heigh of that model probably saved my life as my head wasn't crushed. But now I look like hell. Hopefully it will go over after a few weeks. Just wanted to tell you all this.

Fantastic result by the team at Silverstone. It's like a big consolation for me. I also have a crushed wrist.

Never drink and drive!

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    I missed the race. I had a very nasty incident. I was minding my own business on the sidewalk and a drunk driver hit me from behind and I ended up under a big SUW. I was in a medical coma for a day in hospital. This happend on sunday just prior to the race. I'm very lucky to be alive. Luckily the ride heigh of that model probably saved my life as my head wasn't crushed. But now I look like hell. Hopefully it will go over after a few weeks. Just wanted to tell you all this.

Fantastic result by the team at Silverstone. It's like a big consolation for me. I also have a crushed wrist.

Never drink and drive!
    Jeez, get well soon
    Forza Ferrari

Never drink and drive!
    Thank God that you're ok, fratello!

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Never drink and drive!
    Get well soon!!

Never drink and drive!
    Something similar happened to me almost exactly 5 years ago, it is terrible, really is. Get well soon.
    You can rewatch the race at F1tv.

Thanks mates! I'm watching the race now.

Nice move by Kimi on Lewis. Told him he should have taken him out earlier. Better late than never I guess.

Never drink and drive!
    Wow! I hope you feel better soon!

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    Wow! I hope you feel better soon!
    This will take long time to feel better. I have strong medication now. Feels like cotton in my head.

As for the race. I'm at lap 6. But this race is also not representative of the "special" tyres because of what happened to Lewis. I'm sure Kimi did that for the team and on purpose and probably FIA and Pirelli are thankful as they don't have to "explain" this issue further.

Or maybe my brain is now messed up from th accident.

Krya på dig!
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Never drink and drive!
    wow nasty to hear. Get well soon hope for speedy recovery.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Never drink and drive!
    Sorry to hear about your incident mate, get well soon and heal. Looking forward to reading more of your texts.

Quote Originally Posted by enjaybel3 View Post
    Stewards were Tim Mayer, Mumtaz Tahincioğlu and Tom Kristensen. Tim Mayer is the son of Eddie Mayer who was a co-founder of McLaren.
    Thank you I just wondered who they were and why they were so biased towards Ham

Forza Jules

Croatia in lewis out no need to go any where he has had a shocking week for all things british incuding big mouth james allison.

I missed the race.

Never drink and drive!
    OMG you poor thing!
    What a traumatic experience. I hope you feel better soon.
    Enjoy the race it's one of those you can keep watching over and over again. It just feels good beating Ham in his own back yard.

Forza Jules

I know finished watching the race. (I'm not football fan so sorry for all you english people here). WOW! Jesus Christ! This is a modern Dijon 1979. Enzo would have loved this. Sorry that Micheal couldn't see it.

Fantastic drive by Seb one more time and a perfect strategy by the pitwall. Kimi? Had he not done what he did Lewis would have walked this race. The post-race PC i commedy GOLD. PURE GOLD! Of course he did it and took one for the team.

I know some here feel Kimi should be replaced. But that move alone should get him a new contract for 1 year. Thank you Kimi!

Thanks for all the kind words folks!

Looks like it's not coming home this time Lewis...

Sorry English people...i'm talking about the WDC. hehehe

Just read about your nasty experience 512TR and am happy that things will turn out okay for you - don't worry, you'll get your looks back!
    Have a complete and speedy recovery!

Quote Originally Posted by Liscia View Post
    Just read about your nasty experience 512TR and am happy that things will turn out okay for you - don't worry, you'll get your looks back!
    Have a complete and speedy recovery!
    I just have big swollen face. That should go away. At least I didn't lose my eyes or any other organ. But my hand is badly damaged because I proteced by head under the car with. But I take all this as Ferrari won and Silverstone. I take the pain with joy (oh not quite, but still).

This will be a dirty other half of the season. Very dirty as the gloves are now off. Of course Toto and Lauda will plot something. But points are points. There are no "nice" guys in racing.

Never drink and drive!
    Oh my! We are glad you're alive. We are hoping for your speedy recovery. I hope you will remember your accident in a good way at the end of the year, because hopefully (fingers crossed) the 2018 British GP was the turning point where Ferrari overtook Mercedes and be double World Champions after a decade!

Keep safe my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by da_one View Post
    Oh my! We are glad you're alive. We are hoping for your speedy recovery. I hope you will remember your accident in a good way at the end of the year, because hopefully (fingers crossed) the 2018 British GP was the turning point where Ferrari overtook Mercedes and be double World Champions after a decade!

Keep safe my friend!
    Thanks for your support and kind words.

Also, did you hear during the race that Arrivabene caled Kimi "my friend". That's beautiful. Because I sometimes think MA is very cold. It was MA, wasn't it? Not Kimi's race engineer?

Thanks for your support and kind words.

Also, did you hear during the race that Arrivabene caled Kimi "my friend". That's beautiful. Because I sometimes think MA is very cold. It was MA, wasn't it? Not Kimi's race engineer?
    You're welcome mate! I probably missed that. I only heard the radio conversation between the team and Vettel on his way back to the paddock. I'm sure MA is not as cold as he seems in front of the camera since Italians are a passionate bunch.

This will take long time to feel better. I have strong medication now. Feels like cotton in my head.

As for the race. I'm at lap 6. But this race is also not representative of the "special" tyres because of what happened to Lewis. I'm sure Kimi did that for the team and on purpose and probably FIA and Pirelli are thankful as they don't have to "explain" this issue further.

Or maybe my brain is now messed up from th accident.
    Lol! Get well soon man !

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Never drink and drive!
    Sorry to hear what happened, I wish you a speedy recovery !

Never drink and drive!
    Mate. Wishing you a speedy and full recovery. Glad you are up and soon to be about.

Get well. I hope you can recover fully soon

"Perseverence is power"

Never drink and drive!
    Get well. I hope you can recover fully soon

"Perseverence is power"