Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 71819202122232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: 2018 British GP - RACE

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Excited for the next double header Germany & Hungary.
    Both tracks suit to our car very well. Hopefully RB will be in the mix to jump cry baby especially at Hungary.

Any information on tyres selected by the teams on those tracks ???
    Germany: US S Med. No SS

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    The irony of it is that had Merc pitted Botas he had the chance to win or at least be p2. But no, he had to stay on those dying medium tires and try to hold off Seb on softs just 3laps old.A stupid decision of Merc trying to help their cry babe.
    They wanted Hamilton to finish in front of bottas and get a 2-3. They probably didnt expect kimi to take p3. Like you said they must be feeling a bit stupid right now but wont admit it after what happened in Austria.

The Ferrari team gave an interview to Channel 4, they carry themselves a bit better then those sky f1 fanboys who must be even more salty C4 gave got sn interview.

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    The Ferrari team gave an interview to Channel 4, they carry themselves a bit better then those sky f1 fanboys who must be even more salty C4 gave got sn interview.
    I actually really like DC. Channel 4 is refreshing after years of watching Sky.

Germany: US S Med. No SS
    Thanks for information. Track is front-end limited or rear end??? Any idea abt it?
    If it’s rear mercs gonna struggle.

Hopefully the weather will be warm in Germany too as this seems to suit the car.

Quote Originally Posted by ScuderiaBuckeye View Post
    Where is CHINMAY!?!?!?!

I wanna hear all about that dominant Merc and the amazing Scamilton now!
    It was a great race by Vettel and Raikkonen but make no mistake, Mercedes was still the best car out there. You only have to look at their pace, easily 3 tenths a lap faster than Ferrari when you take tyre degradation into account. Confirmed by Wolff and Lauda, Ferrari knows it as well.

Hopefully Vettel will be able to make a difference in German qualifying and can again control the race from front. By the way since when rapper boy become amazing? He was awful at the start, midfield cars were no competition, gifted positions by Mercedes International Assistance stewards.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    It was a great race by Vettel and Raikkonen but make no mistake, Mercedes was still the best car out there. You only have to look at their pace, easily 3 tenths a lap faster than Ferrari when you take tyre degradation into account. Confirmed by Wolff and Lauda, Ferrari knows it as well.

Hopefully Vettel will be able to make a difference in German qualifying and can again control the race from front. By the way since when rapper boy become amazing? He was awful at the start, midfield cars were no competition, gifted positions by Mercedes International Assistance stewards.
    Seb confirmed that he had more pace if required. There was no need for him to push out front or use higher engine modes (which Ham was using to come back through the field) when he had Bottas easily covered. Also, it was our qualifying performance that was really the hammer blow with our updates. We had them shaking with fear for the first time at Silverstone for a long while.

Mercedes be scared the reds are here to punch hard get used to it or get out of town ferrari mean business and mr allison needs to go to culture and gentlemen school asap because he has no class he is mutton done up to be lamb.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Mercedes be scared the reds are here to punch hard get used to it or get out of town ferrari mean business and mr allison needs to go to culture and gentlemen school asap because he has no class he is mutton done up to be lamb.
    Let's not get too carried away. It is a long season ahead and anything can happen. Keep the head down buddy.

I am so so happy after this fantastic race.
    Seb won, Kimi on the podium, Verstappen in the gravel, Hamilton butt-hurt. Almost perfect!

2nd masterclass overtake in 2 consecutive races by Vettel , taking care of each of the mercedes drivers ! This a WC material and always was.
    Hamilton embarassing with all the nonsense, rap hand gestures while talking :))

These guys are really under pressure, Ham sounded like a looser in the interviews, I never saw him in this state, hopefully we will continue to put immense pressure and being super competitive.

Our starts are lately rocket fast!
    Fantastic drive by Kimi (again), but I'm afraid it might be too late..
    Amazing week-end! Forza!

The irony of it is that had Merc pitted Botas he had the chance to win or at least be p2. But no, he had to stay on those dying medium tires and try to hold off Seb on softs just 3laps old.A stupid decision of Merc trying to help their cry babe.
    Agree. They were planning to use Bottas to become a moving chicane vs. Seb so Ham can find a way to pass him. It didn't work though so too bad...not!

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post

You are the one making a mistake, power is compared best in a single quali lap in q3 - just 0,044 sec. In race conditions there are a lot of variables - strategy, tire management, engine management etc.

Even Bottas & Horner believed the "touch" was racing incident. Only those narrow-minded hypocrites of Merc camp and those corrupted stewards thought it was something else.

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...ld_be_ashamed/

FerrariSteve Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by paneristi View Post
    Even Bottas & Horner believed the "touch" was racing incident. Only those narrow-minded hypocrites of Merc camp and those corrupted stewards thought it was something else.

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...ld_be_ashamed/
    Lets be totally honest here, Mercedes are bad winners and sore losers, they have absolutely NO class , unlike Ferrari!

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post
    Lets be totally honest here, Mercedes are bad winners and sore losers, they have absolutely NO class , unlike Ferrari!
    Actually Mercedes do have S-Class.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

read: ***-class
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    Actually Mercedes do have S-Class.
    Last edited by Rob; 9th July 2018 at 10:38.

The team was supportive at the time when he lost his wife, when he was keen to spend more time with his kids. Understandably. But the team respected it like the gentlemen’s they are.

I am glad we got rid of Allison. His shouting doesn't cover his incompetence on designing a formula car. I am glad Mercedes have this clown aboard to throw some sand into the Mercedes machine. He and that Sissy Sassi dude.

Though it's great fun watching Mercedes implode once the pressure is on. Watching Lewis having a hard time digesting defeat.
    The hypocrisy displayed by Toto and Lauda. That was top notch PR guys!

I am proud of our team. They have come a long way, kept their cool, sacked the right people and developed a car that's giving Mercedes a run for its money.

Mr Allison was head of aerodynamics at Ferrari during 2000-2004. I recall that era was of some success in Maranello.
    After Ferrari he worked as deputy technical director at Renault where also some success followed in 2005 and 2006.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

I thought Hamilton was supposed to sign his contract at the Silverstone GP. Having second thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Deephouse View Post
    I thought Hamilton was supposed to sign his contract at the Silverstone GP. Having second thoughts?
    He may be seeing Merc on the way down now... Oh dear!

I haven't forgotten when Hamilton took Kimi out of the 2008 Canadian GP - Kimi and Kubica were sat in the pitlane waiting for the lights to change Woodeneye - as Kimi called him afterwards - ploughed straight into the back of putting him out of the race completely. To me it was obvious that Hamilton thought he could swing round the back of Kimi just as the lights changed but it didn't come off, he made a pigs ear of it. Did Kimi throw a tantrum? no he just tapped Hamilton on the shoulder and pointed to the lights, just think what it would have been like if it had been the other way round - just the difference between a 'sportsman' and a 'spoilt brat'

"Kimi said sorry and I accept it and we move on," he wrote on an Instagram post. "It was a racing incident and nothing more. Sometimes we say dumb s--- and we learn from it."

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/...acing-incident

But the evidence of this weekend suggests that Ferrari is now running its spec 2 engine much more aggressively than when it was introduced. The starts, the restarts, the GPS traces of not just the works cars but also the Haas and Saubers suggest that the Ferrari has got a small but significant power advantage over Mercedes. It’s being used smartly too, Ferrari feeling confident enough to fight it out from the front and thereby loading the car towards a qualifying set-up even if at the expense of a bit of race stint tyre abuse. Vettel’s task was to get the gap out to around 5sec, knowing that by the time Bottas might be able to come back at him because of easier tyre wear, they’d have enough of a gap to be able to respond to any Bottas undercut attempt, pit a lap later and still be ahead. You need a lot of performance and confidence to run a race that way against Mercedes, but that’s what Ferrari was doing at Silverstone. It had a quicker car, with more power and a very effective aero upgrade. In one hit, Mercedes’s double update of the previous two races had been neutralised. At the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by da_one View Post
    He was. The press just said he took a personal leave after his wife died but in reality he was fired by Marchionne. Apparently, they didn't like the direction of car development when he was at the helm.
    I thought so myself. he was never the one that was doing the real work once he left we started to do well. and once He got to Merc he opened his mouth like basket even when he was given good money when he left.

From espn.co.uk

Ferrari boss Maurizio Arrivabene says the team's former technical director James Allison needs lessons in how to be a gentlemen after suggesting Kimi Raikkonen intentionally knocked Lewis Hamilton off the road at the start of the British Grand Prix.

Sebastian Vettel's win at Silverstone, ending a run of four straight Lewis Hamilton wins (and five in a row for Mercedes), controversy arose from comments made post-race. Hamilton called his Turn 3 clash with Raikkonen an "interesting tactic" from Ferrari before Mercedes team boss Toto Wolff also raised questions about the incident.

Wolff said: "In James Allison's words, 'do you think it is deliberate or incompetence?'. So this leaves us with a judgement."

Allison left Ferrari mid-way through 2016 and joined Mercedes ahead of last season. Arrivabene has criticised his former colleague for what Wolff suggested was said.

Speaking to Sky Italia after the race, Arrivabene said: "I came here to clarify, if he [Allison] actually said something like that, I mean, he should be ashamed of himself, because he worked many years in Maranello, he took quite a bit of money from Maranello aswell, today he's doing his job, you have to be elegant and know how to lose.

"Also, we're here in England, sometimes they want to teach us how to be gentlemen, he should start first. Really, this annoyed me so much.

"Also incompetent, who? Kimi? Who's he to judge what a driver is doing in the car, I can accept it from Jacques [Villeneuve, Sky Italia pundit] because he's been a driver, but that person? No."

Arrivabene said Mercedes should spend more time focusing on why Hamilton was defending third position in the first place, having had a sluggish getaway from pole position which put him on the defensive for the first few corners.

"First of all [Allison] should look the telemetry and understand that his driver unfortunately for himself had a bad start, so having a bad start he immediately lost 2 positions. Kimi had a good start, we have the telemetry data, so he found himself immediately on top of Hamilton.

"I want to remind everyone that in China we had a situation between Vettel and Verstappen and nobody said anything, all fine. But I mean, I want to give them a message: it's been a beautiful battle, a battle that I think the audience appreciated, there will be other battles where most likely Mercedes will win, this is a lesson for us to stay classy, a thing that they haven't done today."

Can Anyone post the article

https://www.autosport.com/f1/feature...ri-worst-track

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vetalo View Post
    I thought so myself. he was never the one that was doing the real work once he left we started to do well. and once He got to Merc he opened his mouth like basket even when he was given good money when he left.

From espn.co.uk

Ferrari boss Maurizio Arrivabene says the team's former technical director James Allison needs lessons in how to be a gentlemen after suggesting Kimi Raikkonen intentionally knocked Lewis Hamilton off the road at the start of the British Grand Prix.

Sebastian Vettel's win at Silverstone, ending a run of four straight Lewis Hamilton wins (and five in a row for Mercedes), controversy arose from comments made post-race. Hamilton called his Turn 3 clash with Raikkonen an "interesting tactic" from Ferrari before Mercedes team boss Toto Wolff also raised questions about the incident.

Wolff said: "In James Allison's words, 'do you think it is deliberate or incompetence?'. So this leaves us with a judgement."

Allison left Ferrari mid-way through 2016 and joined Mercedes ahead of last season. Arrivabene has criticised his former colleague for what Wolff suggested was said.

Speaking to Sky Italia after the race, Arrivabene said: "I came here to clarify, if he [Allison] actually said something like that, I mean, he should be ashamed of himself, because he worked many years in Maranello, he took quite a bit of money from Maranello aswell, today he's doing his job, you have to be elegant and know how to lose.

"Also, we're here in England, sometimes they want to teach us how to be gentlemen, he should start first. Really, this annoyed me so much.

"Also incompetent, who? Kimi? Who's he to judge what a driver is doing in the car, I can accept it from Jacques [Villeneuve, Sky Italia pundit] because he's been a driver, but that person? No."

Arrivabene said Mercedes should spend more time focusing on why Hamilton was defending third position in the first place, having had a sluggish getaway from pole position which put him on the defensive for the first few corners.

"First of all [Allison] should look the telemetry and understand that his driver unfortunately for himself had a bad start, so having a bad start he immediately lost 2 positions. Kimi had a good start, we have the telemetry data, so he found himself immediately on top of Hamilton.

"I want to remind everyone that in China we had a situation between Vettel and Verstappen and nobody said anything, all fine. But I mean, I want to give them a message: it's been a beautiful battle, a battle that I think the audience appreciated, there will be other battles where most likely Mercedes will win, this is a lesson for us to stay classy, a thing that they haven't done today."
    What a class!

From espn.co.uk

What a class!

From espn.co.uk

Amazing quotes! Really proud of the whole team this weekend. Amazing win, amazing drive, amazing sportsmanship. Lewis is only now apologising (via instagram) because he’s been shamed by the entire internet. He was fooled by his home crowd into thinking he could bring the fans with him... but they’re not buying the bull. Forza Ferrari

Merc always lucky.. why? when Ferrari won Rb always weak merc can maximized their points, when merc win Rb is strong Ferrari earn their points in a hard way.