Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 819202122232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: 2018 British GP - RACE

Mercedes where poor in reacting to this race. Kimi has never ran into Hamilton these past few years, he is one of the most safest drivers out there. Look how he protected Max in that wheel to wheel racing after the 1st SC, if it was Max against almost anybody else, they would have crashed. The good thing is that people get to see how Hamilton and Mercs really are, and boy did they noticed. On other general forums people have slammed them beyond repair, most of them neutral supporters. Good times...

Truly elegant.
    As for Toto Wolff: monkey see, monkey do
    Quote Originally Posted by vetalo View Post
    I thought so myself. he was never the one that was doing the real work once he left we started to do well. and once He got to Merc he opened his mouth like basket even when he was given good money when he left.

From espn.co.uk

Ferrari boss Maurizio Arrivabene says the team's former technical director James Allison needs lessons in how to be a gentlemen after suggesting Kimi Raikkonen intentionally knocked Lewis Hamilton off the road at the start of the British Grand Prix.

Sebastian Vettel's win at Silverstone, ending a run of four straight Lewis Hamilton wins (and five in a row for Mercedes), controversy arose from comments made post-race. Hamilton called his Turn 3 clash with Raikkonen an "interesting tactic" from Ferrari before Mercedes team boss Toto Wolff also raised questions about the incident.

Wolff said: "In James Allison's words, 'do you think it is deliberate or incompetence?'. So this leaves us with a judgement."

Allison left Ferrari mid-way through 2016 and joined Mercedes ahead of last season. Arrivabene has criticised his former colleague for what Wolff suggested was said.

Speaking to Sky Italia after the race, Arrivabene said: "I came here to clarify, if he [Allison] actually said something like that, I mean, he should be ashamed of himself, because he worked many years in Maranello, he took quite a bit of money from Maranello aswell, today he's doing his job, you have to be elegant and know how to lose.

"Also, we're here in England, sometimes they want to teach us how to be gentlemen, he should start first. Really, this annoyed me so much.

"Also incompetent, who? Kimi? Who's he to judge what a driver is doing in the car, I can accept it from Jacques [Villeneuve, Sky Italia pundit] because he's been a driver, but that person? No."

Arrivabene said Mercedes should spend more time focusing on why Hamilton was defending third position in the first place, having had a sluggish getaway from pole position which put him on the defensive for the first few corners.

"First of all [Allison] should look the telemetry and understand that his driver unfortunately for himself had a bad start, so having a bad start he immediately lost 2 positions. Kimi had a good start, we have the telemetry data, so he found himself immediately on top of Hamilton.

"I want to remind everyone that in China we had a situation between Vettel and Verstappen and nobody said anything, all fine. But I mean, I want to give them a message: it's been a beautiful battle, a battle that I think the audience appreciated, there will be other battles where most likely Mercedes will win, this is a lesson for us to stay classy, a thing that they haven't done today."

Villeneuve: "Safety Car to get Hamilton back"

According to the former Williams driver, Bar and BMW Sauber Lewis Hamilton should not evoke plots, because it would have been favored by the entrance of the Safety Car, instead of the exposure of the Virtual Safety Car

FormulaPassion.it

As usual, the opinions issued by Jacques Villeneuve in the role of Sky Italia commentator are interesting and never banal . The 1997 world champion gave his point of view on the actions seen on track at the Grand Prix of Great Britain.

Vettel's victory

" It works badly in the neck, eh? He stressed on the radio that he had beaten them home, now Lewis will want the revenge at Monza . "

The penalty received by Kimi Raikkonen

" There is no logic in the penalty, the incident was the same as that between Vettel and Bottas. Only here is Hamilton, England and fight for the championship, and they have judged this way. And there is wrong, there must be an equal penalty for everyone or nothing for anyone. It has nothing to do with assessing the penalty, not the positioning on the track after contact. For example, there was no decision for the contact between Sainz and Grosjean, and it was identical ".

The non-stop Mercedes in Safety Car

" The key moment was the stop during the safety car. But both teams did what they had to do, they left out Hamilton who had the least used tires, and Bottas to slow Vettel, to help Hamilton. The choice of Ferrari and Mercedes was right ".

Hamilton's allegations to Ferrari

" Sbaglia, he lost the race by skating at the start. Vettel had already passed him and did not take it anymore, he had also passed his teammate. The race had already lost there, then what happened with Kimi happened only because he started badly. It was not done on purpose. Raikkonen could not steer any more, there we see Lewis on the outside that leaves space, but does not remain wide, remains inside. I do not think he could steer any more. When you are conservative, open the door to others who are aggressive. Kimi had a good start, he had to lift his foot. Hamilton summoned conspiracies, but in the other races they put the VSC, here the SC since it had to recover ".

Hamilton's comeback

" We expected to start again with the Mercedes ahead of the championship, and instead is the opposite. This is very important. For Lewis, victory in front of his audience was fundamental, no matter how. He made the best race of all, he went fast without destroying the tires, it was impressive. But when he arrived in the top6, without DRS, his comeback was complicated ".

The value of Ferrari's victory

" Psychologically it was important to put the weight on Lewis. The 4 cents between Seb and Kimi in the tests have made the difference, everything would have changed, and the Finnish would have been in the lead. Now Ferrari is more powerful, but they are used to fighting, but Mercedes does not know how to react ".

FP | Stefano Ollanu

TBH I was appalled at the decision the 10 sec penalty that Kimi got even though he fessed up to it being all his his fault. (channel 4) Pundits including DC and Suzie Wolff were baying for blood. MArk Webber was a little more reserved about the incident. To me that looked like a racing incident and I really believe that no penalty should have been given. Comments like 'hamilton leaving the door wide open' are purely subjective. At initiation he left a gap but then he completely cut the apex at the exit. Realistically kimi ran out of road.
    Frankly the safety cars did hamilton a huge favour

A truly Fantastic race. I can't remember the last time i jumped and down watching an F1 race.
    "Okay,...Jean is smarter than you....... can you confirm you understood that message" Bernie on the phone to Max circa 2009

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines - Enzo Ferrari circa 1960

Who were the stewards for this race? I mean who's collective decision was it to dish out a 10 second penalty. I would be interested to find out.
    "Okay,...Jean is smarter than you....... can you confirm you understood that message" Bernie on the phone to Max circa 2009

I think Wolfe, Hamilton and Allison should make a public apology to Ferrari and to Kimi in particular for insulting comments they have been made. It appears they are trying to back out of them now quietly, but they made the comments in front of all the media and fans and should be made to atone for that also in front of the media and fans at next GP

Love this quote:

"Hamilton - Neymar on wheels"
    Reaction to the post race press conference

Forza Ferrari

Wolf, lauda, ham n skyf1 r saying ham left space around that corner ..!!
    But if u observe carefully, ham was blocked by bottas on outside, he was cutting the chicane n came inside for better exit of that corner. That is not space. It’s like bottas nose ahead, ham nose at bottas rear end of bottas car. Is that the space???

Vettel n kimi good start. But unfortunately bottas too got good start so he was behind vettel, at the same time kimi tried inside of ham, saw bottas there so went outside of ham.

Stewards should look, from top4. Ham got poor start, so he was in that position.

5sec penalty in France, 10sec penalty in Silverstone, 3place penalty at other race for impeding it seems. Such a silly decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    u thoroughly enjoyed it?? Especially last part of the race 4cars driving & following each other closely around that snake corner. Fantastic scene.

So happy for you that you were able to witness a ferrari victory greig! You were probably outnumbered there!

This Victory has been special, and authentic, thank you Scuderia, thank you Seb Thank you Kimi !

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    u thoroughly enjoyed it?? Especially last part of the race 4cars driving & following each other closely around that snake corner. Fantastic scene.
    Was a great weekend, felt pretty confident we could win right from Friday, was a bit worried when Bottas was catching Seb and I think the SC helped us to get in and change tyres. Then when Seb made the move right in front of us was brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Otakukim View Post
    So happy for you that you were able to witness a ferrari victory greig! You were probably outnumbered there!
    Very outnumbered but that made it even better
    Forza Ferrari

anyone else noticed when Kimi took Max, and Max drove around the outside to get the position back he exceeded track limits? He was well over the kerb so don't know how that position stood not that it mattered at the end

p.s Has Chinmay been on to tell us how Merc will destroy us?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    What a class!
    That is why I love Ferrari Elegant in victory and defeat. we had many misfortune last year but never once did the team make any public statement against another team even when verstappen took out both Ferrari or Bottas on Kimi. For me its not only about winning that matters in sport but how you carry yourself when not winning. same with Red Bull they where shouting of leaving the sport when they stopped winning same on them all.

Ferrari for life

Response from Lewis about Kimi:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DhrWxvmW4AA0pGw.png

Response from the Scuderia about Lewis:

Scuderia Ferrari‏Verified account @ScuderiaFerrari · 1h1 hour ago

We appreciate @LewisHamilton’s comments today following #Kimi7’s apologies after the #BritishGP, notably when Lewis described the episode at the start as a ‘racing incident’.

Quote Originally Posted by vetalo View Post
    That is why I love Ferrari Elegant in victory and defeat. we had many misfortune last year but never once did the team make any public statement against another team even when verstappen took out both Ferrari or Bottas on Kimi. For me its not only about winning that matters in sport but how you carry yourself when not winning. same with Red Bull they where shouting of leaving the sport when they stopped winning same on them all.

Ferrari for life
    Absolute agree with you! Show class both in victory and defeat!

Amazing engine! Wasn’t long ago that was all Merc...

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

Response from the Scuderia about Lewis:

Scuderia Ferrari‏Verified account @ScuderiaFerrari · 1h1 hour ago

We appreciate @LewisHamilton’s comments today following #Kimi7’s apologies after the #BritishGP, notably when Lewis described the episode at the start as a ‘racing incident’.
    Handheld professionally.

Looks like he is back to Merc’s Forum

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Quote Originally Posted by Aberracus View Post
    Looks like he is back to Merc’s Forum
    And hopefully stays there.

SPINMay left a comment on the last page, post #937 I believe...

Seb's passed both Hamilton and Bottas at racing speed in the last two races, but yeah, Merc still has the faster car...

Quote Originally Posted by Fiondella View Post
    Who were the stewards for this race? I mean who's collective decision was it to dish out a 10 second penalty. I would be interested to find out.
    Charlie Whiting

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    Charlie Whiting
    Whiting is race director, not steward.

Here is the silver foxes opinion on the penalty.

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/124...t-five-seconds

Yeah. He still thinks Mercedes is faster, despite the fact that they lost on a Mercedes track with Pirelli/Mercedes tires.

Disappointed Since 2010

Our performance bodes well for the other high speed circuits with fast corners such as Spa and Suzuka.

Mercs were strong there previous years, now we have a car with can fight with. Also Kimi is a kng at Spa, Seb is a king at Suzuka.

Does anyone know when our spec 3 engine is scheduled for? 7'races remaining would be Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    It was a great race by Vettel and Raikkonen but make no mistake, Mercedes was still the best car out there. You only have to look at their pace, easily 3 tenths a lap faster than Ferrari when you take tyre degradation into account. Confirmed by Wolff and Lauda, Ferrari knows it as well.

Hopefully Vettel will be able to make a difference in German qualifying and can again control the race from front. By the way since when rapper boy become amazing? He was awful at the start, midfield cars were no competition, gifted positions by Mercedes International Assistance stewards.
    Nobody said we were faster than Mercedes. At the end of the day, Seb had the perfect race - great start, superb strategy and excellent race craft. Sometimes you do not need the faster car to score victories.

Having said that, I think the team understands that the key to beat Mercedes is to qualify ahead of them and/or have great starts. This season, we seem to improved our qualifying pace and for the past 3 races, we have excellent start (too bad the tires did not cooperate and the lack of grip caused Seb and Kimi ran into the Mercs) and this bodes well for the championship fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiondella View Post
    The race stewards for this race are the ff:

1. Lewis' brother
    2. Lewis' neighbor whose family got free VIP access in the paddock given by surprise surprise, Lewis
    3. Lewis' recording manager