Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: 2018 British GP - RACE

Seb +8pts!!! WDC

Ferrari + 20Pts!!! WCC Nothin could be finer!!!!

Would not be surprised if the german tank was not also hybrid inspired so i guess it started in the late thirties wow wow what a head start.

What is best with all this...special tires, penalties, safety cars and all other stuff, Ferrari is not crying and complaining, they are calm like gentleman and just quietly working and shows on the track who is THE BOSS.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    JA wasnt sacked.
    He was. The press just said he took a personal leave after his wife died but in reality he was fired by Marchionne. Apparently, they didn't like the direction of car development when he was at the helm.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    does anyone here remember the last time a Mercedes driver got a penalty for causing a collision/ dangerous driving etc?
    FIA will get a penalty when that happens

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    1) Bottas did take kimi out in baku ... then bottas finished 2nd in that race. (No penalty for bottas)
    2) bottas took kimi & mad max in other race (no penalty for bottas)
    3) mad max took vettel front wing last year (no penalty for max)
    4) mad max had a slight tap with kimi in the last race which pushed kimi aside (but no penalty for mad max)
    5) mad max involved in many 1st lap incidents (no penalties)
    6) bottas took kimi out in China 2017 (no penalty for bottas)
    7) vettel was doing 2nd FL in Canada q2 (think so), but boxed by many cars. Got slowed down by other cars. (No penalty to other drivers)

But when it comes to Ferrari, always penalties & penalty points towards license ...!! Good job FIA.... hats off.

Give your balls to mercs hands, they pray for it keeping in front of them.
    I said it once and I'll say it again. Golden Boy (Max) and Rapper Boy (Lewis) with his lap dog (Bottas) are infallible in the eyes of the stewards.

Fantastic race, those 11 laps were already classic.

Just good as imola 2005-06 , pure racing and chasing on the limit.

Kimi is on rise this year. I have fealing that he is driving how to say one good season for the last time.

Mercedes lose on home ground, tough for them! ALso comment after the race doesnt say any good and send bad picture for toto and co.

Next race Germany, funny media alreadu talking Seb home race, not Mercedes home race...
    Ferrari = 235 victories + 219 pole positions + 248 fastest laps = constructors championships 16

Someone ask how Mercedes got a two year headstart, here's an article about it:

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi..._V6_turbo_era/

How about the 2013 secret tire testing with Merc and Pirelli? Here:

https://www.racefans.net/2013/06/04/...ret-tyre-test/

"Coincidentally", Mercedes started their dominating run in 2014, after the introduction of the turbo hybrid engines and after conducting the secret tire testing with Pirelli. I don't dwell in conspiracy theories, but this is too much of a coincidence don't you think? Just saying

This drama that Mercedes and Lewis are creating are putting the sport in disrepute. If anything, it should be Ferrari who should be complaining because of the inconsistencies in handing out penalties.

I hope this will encourage the whole Ferrari team even more. No fuss, no excuses, no whining, just beat the pathetic Silver Arrows on track!

Those final laps were like poetry in motion. If only Raikkonen managed to finish ahead of Hamilton, the race would have been perfect. I think this was the most exciting one of the season so far, and that's saying a lot after last week.

Mercedes and Hamilton have really showed their true colors today. Hamilton stomped off like a petulant two year-old throwing his toys from the crib, and wouldn't even speak to "the greatest fans" after he got out of the car, and sour Wolff is busy accusing Ferrari of having Raikkonen take Hamilton out. It's not Raikkonen's fault that Hamilton threw away his start and the Ferraris were able to pounce. If anything, Hamilton is lucky Raikkonen spun him and was given 10 seconds, otherwise he probably would have finished third. It was a racing incident, but for some reason, only our team gets penalties when things like this happen. They aren't even consistent, since Vettel got a 5 second penalty in France. I really hope we continue to see the fall of Mercedes and the rise of Ferrari over the rest of the season. It's definitely overdue.

Disappointed Since 2010

It was a great race. Seb managed it perfectly and took his time with Bottas, unlike other times. Kimi passed around 8 cars, including both RBRs and a Merc. We have been quick in qualy and quick in the race. It's looking good in both championships. Good time to be a Ferrari fan, finally...

Quote Originally Posted by da_one View Post
    Someone ask how Mercedes got a two year headstart, here's an article about it:

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi..._V6_turbo_era/

How about the 2013 secret tire testing with Merc and Pirelli? Here:

https://www.racefans.net/2013/06/04/...ret-tyre-test/

"Coincidentally", Mercedes started their dominating run in 2014, after the introduction of the turbo hybrid engines and after conducting the secret tire testing with Pirelli. I don't dwell in conspiracy theories, but this is too much of a coincidence don't you think? Just saying
    This all started with Max Mosley, former FIA president, in 2008 about the introduction of these current hybrid systems (KERS first). Mercedes jumped on it and started R&D from there. I'll let you guys fill in the dots from there.

There's also an article from LdM, former Ferrari CEO, that states that Mercedes had a 2 year head start.

and here's another article dated 2013 about the MEGA-HUGE horsepower advantage Mercedes had going into 2014. Throw in the token system (2014 thru 2016 ended 2017) and the rest is history. And every year, Mercedes was developing 2 years ahead of everyone else...until end of 2017 into 2018.

Mercedes-AMG F1 Engine to Have Massive Power Advantage in 2014

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/m...014-65188.html

Grande, grande, grande!

KEEP CRYING, MERC--YOUR TEARS TASTE SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

"I'll never, ever give up. Except for post-race interviews." - Lewis "I drove my heart out for the best fans in the world" Hamilton

My 6 year old son stayed up late (11PM) and enjoyed the race so much that he asked me to get an F1 game for the PS4

He was pumping his fist when Seb overtook Bottas and was cheering for Kimi to pass Lewis (whom he calls Boo Hamilton).

Im proud to say that he will be part of the next generation Tifosi
    Your job as a Dad is fulfilled, you raised another Tifoso
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Just watched the post race press conference and can't believe how low Lews wen't. He's actually implying Kimi might have DELIBERATELY hit Lewis. What a cry baby.
    One racing incident and he's all wah wah wah wah.

Seb was way more respectful towards Max in China when Max hit him and made Seb finish P8.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Just watched the post race press conference and can't believe how low Lews wen't. He's actually implying Kimi might have DELIBERATELY hit Lewis. What a cry baby.
    One racing incident and he's all wah wah wah wah.

Seb was way more respectful towards Max in China when Max hit him and made Seb finish P8.
    Yup unbelieveable actually. Toto, allison and lewis saying that. Never liked merc but i hate them now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Your job as a Dad is fulfilled, you raised another Tifoso
    Grandissimo!

Just watched the highlights one again.... that start from Seb and how he pulled away is the best I've seen so far this season (starting on the dirty side). Can't wait for the next double header.

on lap 43, Kimi passed RBR without DRS. He should be the driver of the day

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    Just watched the highlights one again.... that start from Seb and how he pulled away is the best I've seen so far this season (starting on the dirty side). Can't wait for the next double header.
    Indeed it was! In fact for a moment there I thought it was Seb on pole as he got away so cleanly Ham was nowhere near him at the first corner.

Indeed it was! In fact for a moment there I thought it was Seb on pole as he got away so cleanly Ham was nowhere near him at the first corner.
    By the way, Gasly touched Perez in the end and was able to pass because of that.
    He was dropped from p10 to p11 with 5sec penalty - gaining advantage with that move.
    Why was not Mad Max treated like like this in Austria when pushing Kimi? There really are few teams and drivers who are protected by FIA.

Quote Originally Posted by JPA View Post
    By the way, Gasly touched Perez in the end and was able to pass because of that.
    He was dropped from p10 to p11 with 5sec penalty - gaining advantage with that move.
    Why was not Mad Max treated like like this in Austria when pushing Kimi? There really are few teams and drivers who are protected by FIA.
    There’s no enough evidence, if it’s mercs & RB - FIA
    In case of ferrari & others , we have clear evidences- FIA

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    What is best with all this...special tires, penalties, safety cars and all other stuff, Ferrari is not crying and complaining, they are calm like gentleman and just quietly working and shows on the track who is THE BOSS.
    Exactly ..!! With all the above we won it.

I feel like ever since Vettel told Charlie off on live TV (Mexico 2016), the FIA have been on his and Ferrari's case. Salty idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by JPA View Post
    So long racing. FIA is trying to make f1 a ballet dancing. Every touch=penalty. Well, Merc excluded.

considering how well Seb started the race, I'm surprised Charlie didn't penalize him for a 'false start'.

1) Charles Leclerc did a good job, he would have undercut hulk in the pit stop. But that error from team cost him DNF.
    2) for me worst team in the grid is haas..!! Undoubtedly. With competitive car they are crashing into other cars like anything n loosing valuable points.

Please for god sake, remove romain gros & replace him with Charles.

The irony of it is that had Merc pitted Botas he had the chance to win or at least be p2. But no, he had to stay on those dying medium tires and try to hold off Seb on softs just 3laps old.A stupid decision of Merc trying to help their cry babe.

Excited for the next double header Germany & Hungary.
    Both tracks suit to our car very well. Hopefully RB will be in the mix to jump cry baby especially at Hungary.

Any information on tyres selected by the teams on those tracks ???