Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 2018 German GP - Practices and Qualifying

What Sergio Marchionne & Maurizio Arrivabene have done for this team is unreal. Not only they entirely rebuilded our team but we have the best Power Unit without a massive Rules overhaul. When F1 switched to V6, Mercedes had a clear 2 second gap to everyone, and now they're crying for our engine's legimacy.

If Ferrari wins WDC & WCC this year it should be dedicated to Sergio!

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    What Sergio Marchionne & Maurizio Arrivabene have done for this team is unreal. Not only they entirely rebuilded our team but we have the best Power Unit without a massive Rules overhaul. When F1 switched to V6, Mercedes had a clear 2 second gap to everyone, and now they're crying for our engine's legimacy.

Fully agree.. but should also give credit to Mattia Binotto. I think he's the genius behind this but always not in the spotlight.

Any one at the track now? What is the weather like?

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post

+ 1, and Binotto's input seems to have made a huge difference too. I have just read that Sergio has been forced to step down with immediate effect and I find this very sad, I'm sure all of us would wish him all the luck in the world with whatever has caused this sudden downturn. He has been instrumental in re-building our beloved team. Grazie mille Sergio.

Can someone provide me with a good stream link? Currently on holiday in Indonesia and don't have good internet access and a lot of streams aren't working for me...
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    Can someone provide me with a good stream link? Currently on holiday in Indonesia and don't have good internet access and a lot of streams aren't working for me...
    https://www.mediaklikk.hu/m4-elo/ (If you are OK with Hungarian stream, quality is usually nice)

btw. it seems to be rain-risky today at hockenheim with 60% chance of rain. ( https://www.wetteronline.de/wetter/hockenheim ) I am a bit stressed, with incoming rain you just never know. Anything can happen. Let's hope there'll be no Singapore 2.0 again here.

Looks like no rain at the start then about 30~40minutes later there will be rain, so cars that start on soft or medium could easily go on the starting tyre till it rains and avoid having to stop. so Ric & Ham could get a huge benefit, i hope the rain stays away

edit:
    some forecasts showing only last 20minutes could be with rain 60%
    Last edited by mwk360; 22nd July 2018 at 10:43.
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

hoping Haas actually tries to hold position against hamilton unlike Force India and renault who move over with a red carpet for mercs
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Negative no rain in vacanity on weather radar for now.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    hoping Haas actually tries to hold position against hamilton unlike Force India and renault who move over with a red carpet for mercs
    I think the highest Hamilton can get is 5th in a 'normal' race if the top 4 (Seb, Kimi, Bott & Max) are reliable.

Vettel needs to convert the pole into a win, this should open a points gap of 23 if Hamilton does finish 5th.

If it rains then this will play into Hamiltons hands as the race will be a lottery, I'm praying for a straightforward race with a Ferrari 1-2
    Last edited by mizf1; 22nd July 2018 at 11:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    any at 16:10?? few forecasts i saw show thunderstorms or rain at around 40~65%

Let's hope the crash kids don't bring out the safety car for a chance of Hamilton closing up

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    I think the highest Hamilton can get is 5th in a 'normal' race if the top 4 are reliable.

vettel needs to maximise his pole and go for the win, this should open a points gap of 23 if Hamilton does someone finish 5th.

If it rains then this will play into Hamiltons hands as it will be a lottery then, praying for a straightforward boring race with a Ferrari 1-2
    100%, but im worried about mercs new start they worked two weeks on and we know that mercs are desperate and have "interesting tactics" on their mind.

If we can do a ferrari P1 and P2 that would be awesome , hoping midfield give ham some challenge,

Fastest strategy is supposed to be US - M , but i wonder if they would go on the softs instead

Looks like no rain at the start then about 30~40minutes later there will be rain, so cars that start on soft or medium could easily go on the starting tyre till it rains and avoid having to stop. so Ric & Ham could get a huge benefit, i hope the rain stays away

edit:
    some forecasts showing only last 20minutes could be with rain 60%

Rest of the sites showing no rain

100%, but im worried about mercs new start they worked two weeks on and we know that mercs are desperate and have "interesting tactics" on their mind.

If we can do a ferrari P1 and P2 that would be awesome , hoping midfield give ham some challenge,

Fastest strategy is supposed to be US - M , but i wonder if they would go on the softs instead

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DitEysEX0AAHEZ1.jpg
    S & US are Degrading much faster than expected if it’s dry.
    I think Ferrari will go for US-M, but on M tyres mercs is much faster. I wonder how ferrari will work this out.
    Can anybody post tyre compounds left for each driver?

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    I think Ferrari will go for US-M, but on M tyres mercs is much faster. I wonder how ferrari will work this out.
    i really feel ferrari should go US-M incase of stupid SC/VSC near end of the race, atleast M would have some life left in it, otherwise it will be similar to china i think

I think we should be ok on the medium tyre

'On the long runs, when teams prepare for race conditions, Ferrari appeared to have a small advantage over Mercedes - Vettel was an average of about 0.2secs quicker than Hamilton on both the ultra-soft and the medium tyre, although Bottas and Raikkonen set almost identical averages on their runs on the soft.'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/44901424

can someone watch this and give me the details its not working for me

http://f1.channel4.com/video/ferrari...rfect-getaway/

they saying ferrari's starts are good but giving problems as well

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    I think we should be ok on the medium tyre

'On the long runs, when teams prepare for race conditions, Ferrari appeared to have a small advantage over Mercedes - Vettel was an average of about 0.2secs quicker than Hamilton on both the ultra-soft and the medium tyre, although Bottas and Raikkonen set almost identical averages on their runs on the soft.'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/44901424
    Of course I got your point, but I’m taking into the account is deg which is high if it’s too hot.
    Vet, kimi, bottas have a set of US, the same for ham & ric. Max on back foot. If any VSC comes out in last 10-15Laps, that gives free pitstop to the top3 teams. Considering their (ham & ric) pace, they can challenge for podium or win right if vet or bottas or kimi doesn’t pit for fresh US.

i really feel ferrari should go US-M incase of stupid SC/VSC near end of the race, atleast M would have some life left in it, otherwise it will be similar to china i think

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DisVvLTXsAAKwsp.jpg
    Dont understand why we dont keep 2 US for the race in case of later SC. It happened a lot in the last few races. Great to have an unused tire with 15 laps or so to go.

can someone watch this and give me the details its not working for me

http://f1.channel4.com/video/ferrari...rfect-getaway/

they saying ferrari's starts are good but giving problems as well
    I’ve seen recent couple of starts from Ferrari, difference from last year to this year is after the initial launch there is 2nd launch that’s where Ferrari gaining ahead of rivals making the difference. But added to this there is a problem too, if you don’t get the tyres to working range during this launch they gets overheated & causes lock up or understeer around 1st corner.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Dont understand why we dont keep 2 US for the race in case of later SC. It happened a lot in the last few races. Great to have an unused tire with 15 laps or so to go.
    i think our Q1 tyre is not too bad, plus we start on the used US, so if we have to jump into US it will be new

I’ve seen recent couple of starts from Ferrari, difference from last year to this year is after the initial launch there is 2nd launch that’s where Ferrari gaining ahead of rivals making the difference. But added to this there is a problem too, if you don’t get the tyres to working range during this launch they gets overheated & causes lock up or understeer around 1st corner.
    thanks man, that's not good, but atleast its cooler today it might prevent that if it happens

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    1US is enough..!! As it’s a 1stop stragtegy, if a couple of SC or VSC comes out early it will help in tyre management too.
    If VSC or SC is out during last 10-15 laps of the race, then it will be free pit stop can go for US.

If you see Ham & ric there are 4US tyres left, but it doesn’t make sense if it’s a one stop strategy.

I hope this is a boring race with seb escaping at the start with no safety cars and incidents! Please!

1US is enough..!! As it’s a 1stop stragtegy, if a couple of SC or VSC comes out early it will help in tyre management too.
    If VSC or SC is out in the last 10-15 laps of the race, they it will be free pit stop can go for US.

If you see Ham & ric there are 4US tyres left, but it doesn’t make sense if it’s a one strategy.
    Thats what i'm saying 10-15 laps with new US. You wont have a new one, because you have already lost the only one you have in the 1st stint.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    there are few, don`t know about quality

http://totalsportek.live/watch/formula1-live-steam/

I think SC/VSC will be inevitable in this race. I just hope it wouldn't mess up our strategy and/or give Ham an advantage. Fingers crossed!

according to mcleran pitwall, there's 40% rain at the 16:00 mark, there was 40% predicted for fp3 and it was a downpour

The FIA confirms that David Coulthard will interview the TOP 3 drivers and NOT Rosberg who was suppose to interview the drivers but a driver objected to this.
    *cough* cry baby hamilton *cough*