Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RIP Sergio Marchionne

RIP Sergio, sad news

Terrible news, truly sad.

Ferrari Announcement
    ferrari-media

Maranello (Italy), July 21, 2018 – The Board of Directors of Ferrari NV (“Ferrari”) (NYSE/MTA: RACE) learned with deep sadness during its meeting today that Chairman and CEO Sergio Marchionne will be unable to return to work.

The Board’s thoughts are with Sergio Marchionne and his family and it is grateful for the extraordinary contribution he has made in recent years at the helm of Ferrari.

The Board has named John Elkann as Chairman and will propose to Shareholders, at a meeting to be called in the coming days, that Louis C. Camilleri be named as CEO.

The Board has also given Louis C. Camilleri the necessary powers to ensure continuity of the company’s operation.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Shocked to hear he passed so soon. I believe he played a very large part in rebuilding this team. RIP

Disappointed Since 2010

Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

We couldn't have gotten anyone more special when Ferrari was in need, SM has done a terrific job on F1 and non-F1 Ferrari. RIP Sergio and thank you.

Everything happened in the span of few days, wow... Really sad. Sincere condolences to his family.

I wish that we win this championship and rightfully dedicate it in honor of him.

Very very sad news. RIP Sergio!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sad news. RIP Sergio. Thank you for everything.
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

This is a huge loss to FCA and Ferrari, he did so much to rejuvenate both companies and inspire belief of what can be achieved with grit and determination. We must now try even harder to win both championships in his honour. Condolences to his family and friends and fellow tifosi, we have been robbed of a great leader.

Way to soon!
    He really lived for his work and Ferrari!
    RIP Sergio!
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

His legacy will go on for the years to come rip.

It's been such a tragic week for Ferrari, really horrible in every way.

R.I.P Legend, the foundation and driving force.
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

This is so tragic. I thought at first it was just an ordinary procedure. No wonder they were looking for a replacement as soon as possible.

I credit Marchionne for the team's current form. Hopefully, we win both titles this year in his memory.

Rest in Peace Sergio...

Peaceful travels, Mr. Marchionne. Forza Ferrari.

Very shocking. RIP.

I just read the bad news. Shock I am! Rest In Peace

"Big things have small beginings"
    "Perseverence is power"

RIP Sergio, very bad news
    We will miss him

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

fyi tifosi:

Official statement published today by Swiss University Hospital USZ in Zurich said that Marchionne had been their regular patient for about a year already.

So IMO he knew what was coming. But didn't say a word to anybody, not even to John Elkann..

RIP Don Sergio and deepest condolences to his family.

May you rest in peace Sergio & sincere condolences to the family of this amazing man.

Under him we saw one of the quickest turn arounds in the teams competitiveness. I had huge fears that he might not be the ideal man for the job at that point in time, but he quickly proved those fears wrong.

I will miss his style of leadership, as I'm sure the whole Scuderia (and all of FCA for that matter) will!
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Quote Originally Posted by abbottcostello View Post
    May you rest in peace Sergio & sincere condolences to the family of this amazing man.

Under him we saw one of the quickest turn arounds in the teams competitiveness. I had huge fears that he might not be the ideal man for the job at that point in time, but he quickly proved those fears wrong.

I will miss his style of leadership, as I'm sure the whole Scuderia (and all of FCA for that matter) will!
    Not just the team, but also the whole company. Before Sergio took over it was 13billion in debt, Now in 2 years making millions,100s millions of profit.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Fiat had 6Billion Euro Debt in 2003-2004
    chrysler was practically bankrupt at 2009
    It hasn't been turned around in 2 years its been more like 10-14 year turnaround , they have also multiplied value by 10 times , so an amazing turnaround

Ferrari was not part of this group and has always been financially strong

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Not just the team, but also the whole company. Before Sergio took over it was 13billion in debt, Now in 2 years making millions,100s millions of profit.

RIP sad loss condolences to the family at this sad time, hope the replacement does as good or better job carring on the good work
    FERRARI In F1 =
    has the prestige and passion for Motor Racing that is unrivaled

I followed his career for many years and during those years read in awe how he was transforming Fiat and the gradual take over of Chrysler until eventually FCA was born. I was looking forward to seeing the Alfa Romeo Gulia a long time before its debut and was astounded when he got the companies DEBT FREE. A miracle worker, a one off, so tragic he didn't even get to enjoy a day of a well earned retirement, he was due to retire April next year. RIP Sergio.