Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: 2018 German GP : RACE

and this championship will go to the wire...good for sport and fans! the passion & intrigue etc...nail biting! but yeah i don't enjoy hammy winning!

Personally I think most time penalties are silly and far removed from the sport back in the day but it is rather strange that there seems to be two rule books. On one hand we have the ISC, International Sporting Code and on the other hand race notes. Kimi's penalty came from the latter one while Lewis wasn't penalized by the first today, and there probably were no "race notes" taken (Mika Salo?). Yes it's strange.

Is it final that they won't be penalizing Rapper Boy?

"Always move forward, take it one step at a time, eventually you'll reach your goal and if you happen to fall on face your still moving..."

Quote Originally Posted by Rookie View Post
    Is it final that they won't be penalizing Rapper Boy?
    Yes

by the way i've been a member of this forum since 2003 i think...i read all your posts but i see a lot of unwanted stress...

Hamilton gets a reprimand

IMG_20180722_185137.jpg

Wow such a manufactured event. Didn't get penalized for pushing his car and now this. Here is a big middle finger to you FIA

"Always move forward, take it one step at a time, eventually you'll reach your goal and if you happen to fall on face your still moving..."

So Vettel bins it with a 10 second lead to the 2nd car.....unreal. Just drive as slow as needed to stay on track, Vettel should know that.

Talk about gifting away the championship and taking ALL pressure of Hamilton who will now will be calm and relaxed again. This is where we lost this years championship, no doubt.

But it strikes again, Vettel is making stupid mistakes, he is not smart enough to win the title unfortunately.

Vettel just lost 32 points at least to Hamilton on that move.....
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Lol, a reprimand, they just can’t give him a penalty ever...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
    So Vettel bins it with a 10 second lead to the 2nd car.....unreal. Just drive as slow as needed to stay on track, Vettel should know that.

Talk about gifting away the championship and taking ALL pressure of Hamilton who will now will be calm and relaxed again. This is where we lost this years championship, no doubt.

But it strikes again, Vettel is making stupid mistakes, he is not smart enough to win the title unfortunately.

I wouldn't worry too much, Vettel just needs to win 2 races and he's back in contention.

Lewis will have his share of bad luck to come too.

We will win this year no doubt, 0%

Further more.

Ferrari letting Kimi hold up Vettel and ruin Vettels tires who is on a different strategy for many laps. If they had let Seb through he would been 10-15 seconds more in front when things got critical.

And then you have Mercedes with team orders every race and they are getting rewarded for it.

Ferrari showing some bizarre loyalty to Raikkonen who has been terrible for many years is unread. They were on DIFFERENT strategies. Merc does that swap every time to ensure a Mercedes car will win the r ace.
    ---
    To be honest, the Ferrari pitwall blew this just as much as Vettel, I have had enough of this incompetence! Its a joke.

Now, I am sure Ferrari will start to implement team orders, as they will be desperate, but by then it will be too late.

The pschycological effects from this race will be tough as well!
    Last edited by Lesky; 22nd July 2018 at 18:21.

Quote Originally Posted by nhel1te View Post
    I wouldn't worry too much, Vettel just needs to win 2 races and he's back in contention.

Lewis will have his share of bad luck to come too.
    Yeah, just like its a piece of cake to win 2 races. Giving away 32 points will take at least 5-7 races where Vettel is in front of Hamilton to recoup. I dont think people fully grasp on how devastating this was.

Better to drive very slowly even and finish 3rd or 4th, it would not have been such a disaster like this. I still can not believe this happened.

I just want to remind some of you that Lewis already has one DNF this season. In Austria. Bottas also has one from the same race and a non-scoring finish from Baku (puncture). Kimi has two DNFs, Bahrain (accident in the pit lane) and Barcelona (engine). Seb's first came today. All in all, Ferrari 3 DNFs. Merc 2 DNFs + one non-scoring race.

The team is 8 points down on Merc in the WCC. Last year prior to Hungary it was 55 points. We've had one more race this year prior to Hungary. 11 instead of 10.

Good word:
    Consistency

Bad word:
    P-Zero

Good thought:
    Leave Germany with a points lead over Hamilton

Bad Thought:
    Push like mad no matter what

Looking forward:
    Sometimes we mess up and we bounce back, Hungary is one week away

Yeah, just like its a piece of cake to win 2 races. Giving away 32 points will take at least 5-7 races where Vettel is in front of Hamilton to recoup. I dont think people fully grasp on how devastating this was.

Better to drive very slowly even and finish 3rd or 4th, it would not have been such a disaster like this. I still can not believe this happened.
    What 32 points? Seb is 17 points behind rapper boy. If he wins 3 races and two-chains comes in 2nd he is now 4 points ahead.

I agree this was devastating, but it's not the end of the world. Yet.

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    I just want to remind some of you that Lewis already has one DNF this season. In Austria.
    Vettel retired from the lead giving Hamilton the win, thus Vettel lost 32 points to Hamilton.

Hamilton retired from 5th losing what? 13 points? So Vettel lost 21 points more his DNF than Hamilton.
    ---
    As you remember in 2006, Schumacher retired at suzuka promoting Alonso to the lead, which made Schumacher lose 12 points.

Alonso retired the race before from 3rd or 4th with Schumacher leadin, so he only lost 6 points.
    ---
    This has to be calculated when speaking about DNF.

What you DO NOT want to AT ALL COSTS is retiring from 25 point lead and then giving your rival 25 points.

Further more.

Ferrari letting Kimi hold up Vettel and ruin Vettels tires who is on a different strategy for many laps. If they had let Seb through he would been 10-15 seconds more in front when things got critical.

And then you have Mercedes with team orders every race and they are getting rewarded for it.

Ferrari showing some bizarre loyalty to Raikkonen who has been terrible for many years is unread. They were on DIFFERENT strategies. Merc does that swap every time.
    ---
    To be honest, the Ferrari pitwall blew this just as much as Vettel, I have had enough of this incompetence! Its a joke.

Now, I am sure Ferrari will start to implement team orders, as they will be desperate, but by then it will be too late.
    Yup cant believe ferrari did not ask rai to let vet through. They were kn different strategies for gods sake and there was threat from behind. Sure if we were cruisingg 30 seconds ahead then let them race. Anyway, i think it was just so unlucky that there was a gravel trap when seb went off. Max and some others went off but there was a huge run off area. Anyway whats done is done

Guys remember one thing, vet is pretty consistent of top3 in quali. Where as ham had troubled weekends.
    Expect more troubled weekends for ham (Hungary, Singapore, more).
    So one win for vet & ham 4th or 5th position will make things equal again.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    What 32 points? Seb is 17 points behind rapper boy. If he wins 3 races and two-chains comes in 2nd he is now 4 points ahead.
    32 points it is, if Seb had won and Hamilton hade been 2nd. Vettel would have extended his lead by 7 points to Hamilton. Instead now he lost 25 points.

Instead of gaining 7 points he lost 25 points, thats 32 points difference. So Vettel lost 32 points in the standing by his mistake. And thats if Hamilton had came in 2nd if Vettel had not retired. Seb probably lost even more points.

Vettel retired from the lead giving Hamilton the win, thus Vettel lost 32 points to Hamilton.

Hamilton retired from 5th losing what? 13 points? So Vettel lost 21 points more his DNF than Hamilton.
    ---
    As you remember in 2006, Schumacher retired at suzuka promoting Alonso to the lead, which made Schumacher lose 12 points.

Alonso retired the race before from 3rd or 4th with Schumacher leadin, so he only lost 6 points.
    ---
    This has to be calculated when speaking about DNF.

What you DO NOT want to AT ALL COSTS is retiring from 25 point lead and then giving your rival 25 points.
    I agree with you that it's devastating what happened today. It would be strange if it won't count in the end.

I just pointed out that Lewis, Bottas and Merc already have DNFs this season, which some here seem to have forgotten.

32 points it is, if Seb had won and Hamilton hade been 2nd. Vettel would have extended his lead by 7 points to Hamilton. Instead now he lost 25 points.

Instead of gaining 7 points he lost 25 points, thats 32 points difference. So Vettel lost 32 points in the standing by his mistake. And thats if Hamilton had came in 2nd if Vettel had not retired. Seb probably lost even more points.
    This is like singapore 2017 all over again. But honestly i thought that was an avoidable racing incident wheras this one was very clearly his mistake. I will have another race to get out pf my memory again

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    I agree with you that it's devastating what happened today. It would be strange if it won't count in the end.

I just pointed out that Lewis, Bottas and Merc already have DNFs this season, which some here seem to have forgotten.
    Indeed. What people also fail to grasp is the effect this has on the moral of the teams, and the mental game Hamilton Vs Vettel. Hamilton must feel at ease Vettel just like last year is making mistakes giving him the title.

Given than Hamilton has been very unbalanced as of late that could be very vital.
    ---
    With the luck Hamilton has had with safety cars and rain the two raced, if both races had been dry Vettel would be leading with maybe 35 points intead of trailing now.

So Hamilton has had 2 races of extreme importance for the championship.

Oh, even worse, Kimi came closer to Vettel, so now they will go on throwing points away treating them equally while Merc uses teamorders to get Bottas to fall back in the standings so they can justify even more teamorders.

So its an absolute disaster situation for Ferrari now, thats for sure.

Seb could have had a stranglehold on the title, and instead now we have a huge mountain to claimn.
    Oh well, now I am off to bury myself and think about something else

It's a 32 point swing. Yes. But a 32 point deficits.

Add to that Hamilton escpaing penalties and getting all the luck with the rain and pit-wall calls and its probably the worst race since Singapore last year.

Quote Originally Posted by sreekant View Post
    by the way i've been a member of this forum since 2003 i think...i read all your posts but i see a lot of unwanted stress...
    Only 23 posts in 15 years? Feel free to contribute more in discussions

Add to that Hamilton escpaing penalties and getting all the luck with the rain and pit-wall calls and its probably the worst race since Singapore last year.
    You just typed all of my thoughts.

Todays race was roughly a 40 point swing. Vettel should have been leading the WDC by 20-23 points as he was +8 prior to the race, instead he is behind by 17 points. That is almost the equivalent of hamilton sittng out the next 2 races with Vettel finishing 1st and 3rd to put us back in the position we were with 15 laps to go.

We can still do this as we have a stronger package, but we are making it harder for ourselves and every race from now we have to be perfect. No silly mistakes
    Last edited by mizf1; 22nd July 2018 at 18:53.

This year we have already seen Merc reliability is not what it was in the past, hopefully this trend continues.