Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: 2018 German GP : RACE

It's a bad race result for us especially with the positions we were in during the race prior to the rain.

Let's keep our head up and dust ourselves off. Still everything to play for as in old money we are about 7 points behind Hamilton. Don't forget Kimi turnex a 17 point gap in 2007 with 2 races to go. We still got half a season to turn the deficit with a decent package. Hungary should hopefully suit us, if vettel can win there with the Red Bulls helping us by finishing ahead of the Mercs then we can start clawing some of the points back before the summer break
    Last edited by mizf1; 22nd July 2018 at 21:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
    Indeed. What people also fail to grasp is the effect this has on the moral of the teams, and the mental game Hamilton Vs Vettel. Hamilton must feel at ease Vettel just like last year is making mistakes giving him the title.

Given than Hamilton has been very unbalanced as of late that could be very vital.
    ---
    With the luck Hamilton has had with safety cars and rain the two raced, if both races had been dry Vettel would be leading with maybe 35 points intead of trailing now.

So Hamilton has had 2 races of extreme importance for the championship.
    Well, one thing I don't doubt is Seb's mental strength. I also believe Lewis is mentally very strong and only putting up "shows" from time to time for the stupid masses. They are both mentally tough. Something that happened today will have no bearing on their future performances. As for Ferrari and the factory, they can't be demoralized by more performances like today. The factory has done a massive job these two years to climb back into contention. I had my doubts for sure but they didn't. But obviously they can't have their work thrown into the trash on just a few race weekends. What happened today can't happen again this season. That quota has now been filled. Everything needs to be flawless from now on (high points) during all race weekends left.

It still hurts now in the night, that race was the real nightmare, the worst race as a Vettel fan since Valencia 2012 and Korea 2010. Oh the pain is unbearable, like the hearth was taken away from me. Cant we have a solid season without any major issues. It will be an absolute miracle if we will win the title this year (I lost all the hope, I know its early but still, Hamilton will take WDC with ease now, he has the major psychological advantage now). Seb has to stop making his major mistakes, the car is very good. But Hamilton this year he is very good, better than Seb, and doesnt crumble under pressure. Whats up with Seb really in his RBR years he was always fantastic while in the lead, something has changed.

Good night...
    Last edited by Vettel165; 22nd July 2018 at 20:07.

Quote Originally Posted by coshida View Post
    VET was really fast in the rain. The result is awful. I feel bad for SM..
    Maybe he was too fast. Remember, he couldn't hold the car and lost it. It was his mistake, nobody else.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    It still hurts now in the night, that race was the real nightmare, the worst race as a Vettel fan since Valencia 2012 and Korea 2010. Oh the pain is unbearable, like the hearth was taken away from me. Cant we have a solid season without any major issues. It will be an absolute miracle if we will win the title this year (I lost all the hope, I know its early but still, Hamilton will take WDC with ease now, he has the major psychological advantage now). Seb has to stop making his major mistakes, the car is very good. But Hamilton this year he is very good, better than Seb, and doesnt crumble under pressure. Whats up with Seb really in his RBR years he was always fantastic while in the lead, something has changed.

Good night...
    Yeah i know what you mean. I dont even have an appetite. Anyways, seb was always an error prone driver. I can remember numerous errors he had at rbr. Heck he almost lost 2012 due to turning into senna. But honeslty, today, he just locked up. Many people locked up its just a shame that when he went wide there was a gravel trap. When others went wide there was a huge runoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Otakukim View Post
    Yeah i know what you mean. I dont even have an appetite. Anyways, seb was always an error prone driver. I can remember numerous errors he had at rbr. Heck he almost lost 2012 due to turning into senna. But honeslty, today, he just locked up. Many people locked up its just a shame that when he went wide there was a gravel trap. When others went wide there was a huge runoff.
    Also Alonso lost 2012 in Japan while having a contact with Kimi and lost the WDC because of that. Even Alonso wasnt perfect, remember Fuji 2007, 2010 (SPA,Monaco) and some more. There isnt a single driver perfect driver without mistakes. The thing is you have to learn from your own mistakes. And yeah Seb has his moments in SPA 2010, Turkey, 2012 (Malaysia) and last year in Singapore when it was crucial. Ferrari drivers are under much harder pressure as other drivers (behind the scenes, that we dont see), its very hard to be a Ferrari driver. Thats why I admire the Ferrari drivers the most.

Forza.
    Never stop believing. I really hope better days will come.

I read some British websites and many are disagreeing with the penalty. One of the mitigating factors was confusion on the team radio, which sounds very strange.

Ferrari should protest the stewards findings on lewis take the case to paris what a pathetic bunch of one sided idiots lewis should have been stripped of his victory any body else would have been totally wrong and lewis has the hide to celebrate really what? Lewis would have been on the end of a ferrari hiding again make no mistake .

Quote Originally Posted by Michal2_F1 View Post
    I read some British websites and many are disagreeing with the penalty. One of the mitigating factors was confusion on the team radio, which sounds very strange.
    It doesnt matter what the radio said or not. They can tell the story of little red riding hood on the radio, for all I care. Car nr 44 went from the circuit to the pits entry and after he went back on the circuit. It doesnt matter who's fault it is(lewis or race engineer), just like it doesnt matter it is not the driver's error, when they unsafe release the driver from the pits into another driver. Its a penalty

I still don't know what the strategy was for Kimi, did the team ever intend to 2 stop him or was the sole reason for his early pit stop to try and force merc into pitting?

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    It doesnt matter what the radio said or not. They can tell the story of little red riding hood on the radio, for all I care. Car nr 44 went from the circuit to the pits entry and after he went back on the circuit. It doesnt matter who's fault it is(lewis or race engineer), just like it doesnt matter it is not the driver's error, when they unsafe release the driver from the pits into another driver. Its a penalty
    Well said! Why just don't they say that LH is excluded from any kind of penalty?!

Terrible Sunday for the team... I was really thinking we were going to find some consistency.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    Terrible Sunday for the team...
    And with the news about Marchionne what a horrible weekend

I came across this, so to cheer people up after today's disaster:

NUzMmJwaOJ0.jpg

With my novice Russian and Google translate, it goes like this ( as you would easily guess)

- Darn it. The tire has gone flat.
    - Totally?
    - No, just from the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Michal2_F1 View Post
    Confusion is something which was self inflicted by the team, it was not an external factor

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    I still don't know what the strategy was for Kimi, did the team ever intend to 2 stop him or was the sole reason for his early pit stop to try and force merc into pitting?
    I know. If he was two stopping then seb should have been let go. They were just slowing each other down

Quote Originally Posted by Otakukim View Post
    I know. If he was two stopping then seb should have been let go. They were just slowing each other down
    Kimi had 4 seconds on Lewis as well, we could have just covered him by pitting Kimi a lap later and put him on ultrasoft tires. Today really sucked...

Quote Originally Posted by DelMar View Post
    Kimi had 4 seconds on Lewis as well, we could have just covered him by pitting Kimi a lap later and put him on ultrasoft tires. Today really sucked...
    Well, seb lost seb the race today but strategy lost kimi the race

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    Only 23 posts in 15 years? Feel free to contribute more in discussions
    yeah family affairs and been a tifosi always...blip!

we will bounce back...this was an off but i believe that we will be strong in the coming races, i feel that we must retain kimi for next season too...charles can be upgraed to haas before joining ferrari

Whoever will be the next Fiat/Ferrari CEO should go shopping for better drivers. Consistency and guts are the 2 qualities our drivers seem to not have available as individual packages.

Don’t worry, that 17pt lead is nothing big considering this season’s unpredictability, SC, VSC, many races to go, ferrari fastest car, tracks coming up.

So lot of variables are there to feel good. If today is bad, next day would be good..
    Vet will win in Hungary.

and why is there blindness when it comes to ham and his antics? he needed a penalty pushing him further back on the grid...if it was a ferrari, they would slam bam!

winning this battle would be sweeter!

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    Since Kimi came out of the pits just infront of Lewis that obviously was the reason for the pitstop. To slow Lewis down. Then Kimi started to pull away on new tyres and Merc kept Lewis out and they were not racing anyone at the time, only managing the tyres for a long first stint. That had to be a surprise. Bottas also stayed out. This just goes to show that Merc really don't care what Ferrari do. They have that much confidence. They are playing the media and the audience by saying that Ferrari now have the best and fastest PU. It's all mind games.

To win with Hamilton, Ferrari has to be much faster than Mercedes. Unfortunately, Sebastian is not the same class. I write this despite my dislike of Luis.

Quote Originally Posted by Noquarter View Post
    To win with Hamilton, Ferrari has to be much faster than Mercedes. Unfortunately, Sebastian is not the same class. I write this despite my dislike of Luis.
    Pace wise Seb is more than a match for Lewis but he makes far to many mistakes 60 points lost to Lewis in Baku France and Germany

We could have won this with both drivers. If Seb remained on the track he would have won. If we pitted Kimi when Mercedes pitted Hamilton or a lap later to cover him, Kimi would have won. Don't get dishartened, this is not going to be like last year. Ferrari are doing a better job, Seb is doing a better job, Kimi is doing a better job.

They have a bit of history, this is a amazing contest

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kDkK8a4jHZ8

Bad result but we still earned constructor points. That's just how things go with grand prix racing. Half a season left and there's a race in 5 days' time; no reason to think we can expect a similar result in Hungary. Still seething as I write this, but we take our knocks, dust ourselves off, and move on.