Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: 2018 German GP : RACE

Another concern is that Lewis Hamilton overtook/breezed by cars in dirty air for 14 laps and yet he could almost match the Ferraris on new tires when they pitted. Hamilton and Merc have an amazing pace. If Hamilton starts from the front row and nothing silly happens he will always end up 1st or 2nd at worst if Vettel can win.

If Lewis started from P10 in 10 straight races, do you think Raikkonen would finish in front of him in at least 5 races? I reckon not. Basicly, Raikkonen is completely useless to put up any kind of fight vs Hamilton.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post
    If Lewis wins this, I swear I'll hurl my beer glass at the TV.
    How much do you need to spend on a new TV? I understand completely if you did this though.....one of the top 10 devastating races for the last 25 years or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
    Another concern is that Lewis Hamilton overtook/breezed by cars in dirty air for 14 laps and yet he could almost match the Ferraris on new tires when they pitted. Hamilton and Merc have an amazing pace. If Hamilton starts from the front row and nothing silly happens he will always end up 1st or 2nd at worst if Vettel can win.

If Lewis started from P10 in 10 straight races, do you think Raikkonen would finish in front of him in at least 5 races? I reckon not. Basicly, Raikkonen is completely useless to put up any kind of fight vs Hamilton.
    I think the cool weather has something to do with it. Heat is Ferrari's friend, the opposite of Mercedes.

So last night, during the heat of the moment, I was posting negative things about the FIA and Mercedes and how they have a different set of rules compared to Ferrari. Now after waking up and taking a nice hot shower, my mind is much clearer and so without any bias and my Ferrari tinted glasses off, I would say this:

Now time to enjoy my freshly brewed coffee. I can't wait for our team to come back in the coming races! Let's go Seb! Let's go Kimi! FORZA FERRARI!
    Last edited by REDARMYSOJA; 23rd July 2018 at 02:36. Reason: Mind the language please

Kimi is Ferrari's #1 driver even when he moves over. He lives on the podium!! He's got Bottas by9pts. ! Max is the guy to watch, he's 1pt behind Dan. My heart goes out for Seb , of all the places, Germany.

FIA = FOOLS IN AUTOMOBILES

We were doing great until the rain hit. I take that as a positive. It was a fluke, a present to Mercedes to quit their whining. In Hungary we will come back to set things straight again. Avanti!

Though I agree why was Hamilton not penalised for leaving the car on track during Q2. You can hear on the radio that the team wanted him to stop the car immediately but it was Hamilton who decided to continue and tried to get back to the pits, pushing it by himself if needed. And thus ruined others for a chance to improve. I don't see a difference to holding someone up or deliberately leaving the car on track and create a yellow flag. They didn't even look into it. And then there is that pit entry move. His decision was made in a split second, I really wondered if he knew if another car was coming or it was sheer luck. But when you are not allowed to run over the pit exiting lines, how is this not being penalised accordingly to maintain safety. Really I am starting to smell a rat here. I wonder, is there any rule about this pit entry move at all?

At the end of the day and reading what Seb had to say was very encouraging. He was in total control and setting the pace over his rivals up till his mistake. I believe he has the most confidence in his Ferrari and the team with the gains they have made. We just need to be like scrooge and give no gifts to Merc.

I couldn't believe it! One minute everything was just perfect but with such an small error everything went upside down... I really hoped to see Vettel win at the home with Ferrari but I guess happen, looking forward to the Hungary now!
    “When my cars come in first and win, I feel very proud because I'm Italian.”

Enzo Ferrari

Lewis: "Love conquers all."

Valtteri: "Not when you are No. 2 in the team."

Lewis religious commentary has no place in Formula 1, jmo.

To finish first, first you must finish. Did Kimi bin it into the wall? No. No he didn't. I'm not saying Kimi is better than Seb at this point, but he did keep it on the tarmac.

Quote Originally Posted by da_one View Post
    Rapper Boy writing cards for Hallmark now? STFU, you lucky two-chained turd.

Quote Originally Posted by da_one View Post

Valtteri: "Not when you are No. 2 in the team."
    Valttteri , tell that to Rubens, Massa ! Ferrari is #1,#2, . Only now Kimi even as a #2 driver does his podium thing with Seb needing to be excused from being on the podium? Ferrari WCC , the team is what counts. Cool; calm Kimi ; is what team work is all about. Go figure? Lewis winning this race is just incredible . Kimi's 9 pts. ahead of Bottas. Young Max in Seb's car , not Kimi's , Ferrari would be wayyyyy ahead. He's now 1pt behind Dan. their #1 driver.

I don't understand the stewards decision. It was a clear cut case. You can't wait until someone doing it in a dangerous situation to apply penalty, by then it's too late.

The penalty is meant to be a deterrent, but as we learn today, you can do something dangerous, as long as it's done safely

What stunning lewis hamilton victory for gods sake human error gifted him the race what a douch bag he would have been flogged he lives in total denial of the fact .I wonder if lewis feels for seb ? What a loving god fearing man he is not he is as humble as an english winter.

Quote Originally Posted by karthikn.1011 View Post
    Kimi can never win at Ferrari ...the only team to follow team orders in 2018 unfortunately ...need a learn a thing or two from Merc and RB on allowing team mates to race
    Was this a joke? Merc has been using team orders almost every race....

Was this a joke? Merc has been using team orders almost every race....
    Stop your whining dude. Vettel threw away an easy victory. Kimi was compromised in the bargain (he could have won). I understand it from a team point of view but thats the fact.
    And merc have not issued team orders this year at least. Hamilton was ahead of bottas when he was asked to hold position. ANY team would do the same. Besides, its legal to do so now. So stop cribbing!
    Silently, like a shadow

interesting how Kimi has more podiums than Seb this year.

Sebs crash masked the failure with our pitwall. Why were they so hesistant with team orders? I just dont understand when they were on a different stratgey. They should have asked kimi tovlet seb pass at the first chance. Amus reports he lost 5 seconds because of it.

I read a few comments saying Ferrari should win Hungary. Are we discounting RBR? i thought they were the favourites there.

Maybe there's a chance if Seb & Kimi qualify ahead of everyone else, however as I see things it's more likely that Seb will throw it away and Kimi's too weak / old for it. And one more thing, that Mercedes was damn fast(at least when it didn't break) in Lewis hands yesterday and I'm not convinced that Ferrari *still* have the edge. Thanks to Seb endless mistakes I think that only reliability can stop Lewis from not winning the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    Maybe there's a chance if Seb & Kimi qualify ahead of everyone else, however as I see things it's more likely that Seb will throw it away and Kimi's too weak / old for it. And one more thing, that Mercedes was damn fast(at least when it didn't break) in Lewis hands yesterday and I'm not convinced that Ferrari *still* have the edge. Thanks to Seb endless mistakes I think that only reliability can stop Lewis from not winning the title.
    Lewis won without passing any of the top 3 teams on track. Mercedes risked it all by sending him on US when the rain started. The gamble paid off, sometimes it doesnt...

Never mind replacing Raikkonen, can Vettel do it over the course of a season? Last season left me with concerns and this season isn't doing anything to dispel them. I missed the race as I was on a long journey so had to have the missus read updates and I just knew when the rain started falling it would go wrong. Luckily I didn't have the radio on or I might have binned my own car as well.

Ferrari need Leclerc to make the same impact as Hamilton did when he joined McLaren.

What i want to understand is this attachement i got from the european GP in 2016 where Kimi was given a 5 second penalty doing excatly what Lewis did yesterday!.

Now then, was Lewis not penalised coz of the safety car, or is this just inconsistency from FIA Stewards ???

IMG_8665.JPG
    Drive it like you stole it!

well you could say the stewards are consistent,
    as in they consistently favour Lewis 'no pens' Hamilton

Can we have a moment to laugh at Red Bull putting Max on inters? reminded me of the time we done the same to Kimi because we thought it was maybe going to rain (it never) sure it was at Germany also when MS was on the pitwall?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    I don't understand the stewards decision. It was a clear cut case. You can't wait until someone doing it in a dangerous situation to apply penalty, by then it's too late.

The penalty is meant to be a deterrent, but as we learn today, you can do something dangerous, as long as it's done safely
    Agree with you 100%
    But if it had been a Ferrari driver or even RB the penalty would have been applied. I don't know what hold Merc & Toto have over the FIA but it's plain to see.
    I would like to add a footnote to Lewis' "Love conquers all"
    Cheats never prosper. even though atm Lewis appears to have all of the luck!!!!!!!!!

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Can we have a moment to laugh at Red Bull putting Max on inters? reminded me of the time we done the same to Kimi because we thought it was maybe going to rain (it never) sure it was at Germany also when MS was on the pitwall?
    Actually, I was more irritated when they he pitted for inters. It gave Ham a free pass. Yet another star which aligned in the heavens and gifted Ham the victory yesterday.