Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: 2018 German GP : RACE

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Lewis broke his car by running wide in Q1 yesterday.
    On a dry track... qualifying for Q1 only.

Ok, he wasted the car in qualy, yet he won the race from the back. I hate to admit it but he’s on a class of his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    So bad...poor strategy letting Seb follow Kimi for so long. Gutted. But still we can recover.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
    Exactly. Pushing with fresher tires on a dry track is way better than pushing with worn tires on a slippery track. Seb would have built enough of a gap to be able to be cautious in the wet parts of the track, if only they swapped them sooner. Oh well, like I said, it's useless to argue now. We just have to keep our confidence and get back the points we lost in the coming races. Still a long season to go but we have to be more on point with our strategies.

Quote Originally Posted by doublesixes View Post
    Ok, he wasted the car in qualy, yet he won the race from the back. I hate to admit it but he’s on a class of his own.
    Troll.

We have to concede, Hamilton is, and by far, the best racer in Formula 1, sadly.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    I am calling it we lost the WDC today, mark my words. Even though there are 250 points still available, I dont see our comeback. Its a major shock for Seb, and for the team, its gonna be hard to strike back. I swear to god with 15 laps to go when I saw Seb loosing one part I knew that something will go wrong, and then the rain came, you need only one mini mistake in that particular corner and you are out. I am a Vettel fan, a big one from 2008, but this was the biggest mistake from him since 2010. Last year all was a racing incident, but this time I dont know how he cracked, he usually never make mistakes while leading. Feel shocked still, it made my day very bad, even worse as one of my relatives died today.

Even though I dont believe in Seb, Ferrari no more after this race, I will never stop cheering, rooting for the team. FORRRRRRRRRRRRZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA IN THIS DARK DAY WE HAVE TO STAY STRONG AND BE TOGETHER IN BAD OR IN GOOD DAY.
    17 points is 3 wins Seb wins Hungary Spa and Monza which I expect Ferrari to be quicker than Merc then he will lead the championship

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    would it be fair to say that strategy is our biggest weakness?
    It has always been I'm afraid. When we lost Ross Brawn, Ferrari went downhill in terms of strategy.

If you listen to Sebs interview you can read between the lines that yes he is annoyed but not too concerned. In rain the lead car always has the most to lose.
    "Well, I was in the barrier and realised I couldn't get out. How do you process that?

"I don't think it was a huge mistake. It's not like I will have huge difficulties sleeping tonight because I made a big mistake. We didn't need the rain.

"We have a strong car, so we can be as confident, more confident, than anybody else. It was one of those moments. My mistake. Apologise to the team. Small mistake, big disappointment. The tyres weren't fresh, but it was slippery for everyone."
    "I really don't know what happened" - Lewis Hamilton (frequently)

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    17 points is 3 wins Seb wins Hungary Spa and Monza which I expect Ferrari to be quicker than Merc then he will lead the championship
    I like your optimism. But we have to be real, Mercedes will not hand the wins to Seb quite easily. We have the car to fight back, but we have to back it up with great strategy and mistake free driving from our drivers.

Kimi won from 17th on the grid. What's your point? I'm pretty sure only stupidity comes out of Kalifoniatsan.

Is there anything like a new engine or gearbox Seb can get without getting penalized, as he didn't finish?
    "I really don't know what happened" - Lewis Hamilton (frequently)

This was the one that got away. I just knew something would happen. Something bad for Ferrari in the end. It was all too good to be true. It's not the first time and certainly not the last time. Today the team tripped over themselves on so many levels it's not worth to even try and evaluate it. I do agree with bringing Kimi in early though. That was the right call to come out infront of Lewis. But the team obviously couldn't know Lewis would go that long and that he wasn't racing anyone at that perticular moment. The time difference was there so they pitted Kimi. Should they have made the switch with Kimi and Seb? To be honest, at that moment in the race, I didn't see any danger from anyone behind. They could have held station. And then obviously the rain came and that can only spoil everything for the ones in the lead.

Seb threw away a lot of points today. There is no way anyone can sugarcoat it. We all just have to bite our tongues and look forward. What has happened has happened and what's done is done. Kimi did everything you can ask of him. He moved over when they told him to. He brought home another podium. I said I would wait for Spa to make a final call (in my opinion). But it's obvious now he should stay at least for 2019.

Seb's off looked a lot like Tambay's at Brands Hatch in 1983 (I think). Besides, now it's pretty clear Ferrari are not half a second quicker on a straight compared to Merc. That was BS claim.

I thought I’d never say this but Hamilton could have given us a title or two....

BTW, Kimi got penalized for pit entry and pit exit in June of 2016....yep....all four wheels just like the teflon diva himself today. This Hamilton character is untouchable.

Not to mention his antics yesterday in Q1.....there were 4 violations in that scenario alone....yet nothing....not even a reprimand. Charlie is in league with Lewis.

Doesnt matter result says it all... regardless of how he got through...he still made it to the end..without makin a mistake from 14th to first...

Quote Originally Posted by prancing horse View Post
    Is there anything like a new engine or gearbox Seb can get without getting penalized, as he didn't finish?
    Well, he's gonna get a new front wing thats for sure. Why would Seb, or for that matter Ferrari, need to give Seb a new engine or gearbox at this stage of the season?

I still remember that little stat from the start of the season. Seb won first two races, and historically the driver who does that wins WDC (last time it didn't happen was Alain Prost in 1982).
    Hopefully Vettel will continue this winning tradition.

Quote Originally Posted by da_one View Post
    Troll.
    You shut up, cretin!

Quote Originally Posted by f412 View Post
    Doesnt matter result says it all... regardless of how he got through...he still made it to the end..without makin a mistake from 14th to first...
    He did make a mistake, or at least his team did. A driver is not to exit the pit lane once that driver commits into the pit lane entry( as noted by the solid white line).

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Well, he's gonna get a new front wing thats for sure. Why would Seb, or for that matter Ferrari, need to give Seb a new engine or gearbox at this stage of the season?
    We can change the gearbox to a new one for next race without a penalty

BTW, Kimi got penalized for pit entry and pit exit in June of 2016....yep....all four wheels just like the teflon diva himself today. This Hamilton character is untouchable.

Not to mention his antics yesterday in Q1.....there were 4 violations in that scenario alone....yet nothing....not even a reprimand. Charlie is in league with Lewis.

If it was a free engine and gearbox change then why would they not?

Forza Ferrari

So bad...poor strategy letting Seb follow Kimi for so long. Gutted. But still we can recover.

As soon as next weekend! I want to witness yet another Ferrari win in Budapest!

He did make a mistake, or at least his team did. A driver is not to exit the pit lane once that driver commits into the pit lane entry( as noted by the solid white line).
    Is that in the rules or are we just making things up?

Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Kimi won from 17th on the grid. What's your point? I'm pretty sure only stupidity comes out of Kalifoniatsan.
    Judging from the obvious stupidity emanating from your avatar I conclude that the real deal is even more deplorable. Keep at it, you’re doing great!

As lewis said, spread the love! Haha. No use criticizing seb. Onwards and upwards

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    This was the one that got away. I just knew something would happen. Something bad for Ferrari in the end. It was all too good to be true. It's not the first time and certainly not the last time. Today the team tripped over themselves on so many levels it's not worth to even try and evaluate it. I do agree with bringing Kimi in early though. That was the right call to come out infront of Lewis. But the team obviously couldn't know Lewis would go that long and that he wasn't racing anyone at that perticular moment. The time difference was there so they pitted Kimi. Should they have made the switch with Kimi and Seb? To be honest, at that moment in the race, I didn't see any danger from anyone behind. They could have held station. And then obviously the rain came and that can only spoil everything for the ones in the lead.

Seb threw away a lot of points today. There is no way anyone can sugarcoat it. We all just have to bite our tongues and look forward. What has happened has happened and what's done is done. Kimi did everything you can ask of him. He moved over when they told him to. He brought home another podium. I said I would wait for Spa to make a final call (in my opinion). But it's obvious now he should stay at least for 2019.

Seb's off looked a lot like Tambay's at Brands Hatch in 1983 (I think). Besides, now it's pretty clear Ferrari are not half a second quicker on a straight compared to Merc. That was BS claim.
    For me, the early switch was necessary to cover for the rain and other on track incursions that would give Hamilton a free stop. If the switch happened earlier, Seb would have had a chance to push with fresh tires on a dry track. Some of us here were clamoring for a switch two laps after Seb's pit stop. When they finally did after what seemed to be an eternity, I commented that it was too little too late. Sure we don't have sophisticated tools and precise data that the guys on the pit wall have, but it was obvious at that time that Seb couldn't stay behind Kimi any lap longer because Ham was just 3 secs off Vettel even if they have pitted already. When Ham finally pitted for ultras, he was lapping 1.5-2s a lap faster than the lead drivers which prompted Seb to push with old tires on a slippery track. Sure it was slippery for everyone, that's why building a gap to your rival no matter what position he is in is vital in any race, because we will never know what will happen in the race.

You shut up, cretin!
    Who let the trolls out?

Quote Originally Posted by da_one View Post
    Who let the trolls out?
    Told you to shut up. Now you’re dismissed

Haw's the WDC and CWC score tables look now?

Is that in the rules or are we just making things up?

Thats in the rules.