Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: 2018 German GP : RACE

I knew I've seen something similar to Seb's off yesterday. As I thought, it was Patrick Tambay at Brands Hatch 1983. At the Druids hairpin. Same type of corner as the Sachskurve only mirrored. Eerie similar looking mistake. Although the official version was that it was the breaks. See for yourselves. Exact moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDZB448Htpc&t=89m52s

I now move on to Hungary. If you stay too long and dwell on something unpleasant as yesterday you'll go insane. The glass is still half full compared to last season at this moment in time. Overall Ferrari have a better shot this season. They all just need to focus and try and not be affected by setbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    I don't understand the stewards decision. It was a clear cut case. You can't wait until someone doing it in a dangerous situation to apply penalty, by then it's too late.

The penalty is meant to be a deterrent, but as we learn today, you can do something dangerous, as long as it's done safely
    Yes, and every driver knows now, that you can do that too, if you want. There is no penalty for that, only warning.

I mean, they know now, that if car stops on the track, they can start pushing it to the pit, and pit lane border lines is there for that they look good, no other reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Can we have a moment to laugh at Red Bull putting Max on inters? reminded me of the time we done the same to Kimi because we thought it was maybe going to rain (it never) sure it was at Germany also when MS was on the pitwall?
    It was kinda funny actually but at least max finished the race :(

Can we have a moment to laugh at Red Bull putting Max on inters? reminded me of the time we done the same to Kimi because we thought it was maybe going to rain (it never) sure it was at Germany also when MS was on the pitwall?
    That happened in Malaysia 2009. Sun was burning bright and they put Kimi on full wets...

Yeah and Kimi's tires literally exploded

:(

They didn't punish Lewis because he did that under a safety car when the conditions were safer because of it? That's ridiculous!

Quote Originally Posted by Super M View Post
    What i want to understand is this attachement i got from the european GP in 2016 where Kimi was given a 5 second penalty doing excatly what Lewis did yesterday!.

Now then, was Lewis not penalised coz of the safety car, or is this just inconsistency from FIA Stewards ???

Attachment 7476
    Good find, I think it's a good case. It's somewhat similar.

wow Italy not happy

https://i.imgur.com/nJd8dAQ.png

I feel disappointed because Seb was obviously drastically widening the gap before he hit the wall. There was absolutely no need for him to push that hard especially in the rainy conditions. He just should've taken it slower, he had the bigger pace anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    Raikkonen 5.5 is a joke he didn't do anything wrong he deserves a 7 or 8 at least

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I feel disappointed because Seb was obviously drastically widening the gap before he hit the wall. There was absolutely no need for him to push that hard especially in the rainy conditions. He just should've taken it slower, he had the bigger pace anyway...
    The rain only lasted a few minutes, if he'd passed kimi earlier that would have being another 5-10 seconds in front

Even I was shocked to see that..!! But I can feel that, there’s nothing to loose for them, as they are well ahead of next cars behind them.

What the weather update for this weekend ??? Need some hot conditions

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Even I was shocked to see that..!! But I can feel that, there’s nothing to loose for them, as they are well ahead of next cars behind them.
    erm... not quite, that meant he lost a place to the hamster.......

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    The rain only lasted a few minutes, if he'd passed kimi earlier that would have being another 5-10 seconds in front
    So the difference. Between hitting the wall and not is having a 9 second or 14 second lead? Give me a break. Passing Kimi earlier would not have made a difference. Seb made the mistake. Kimi's tires were 11 laps older, he didn't slide off.

Y'all bitching about team orders, it would had made no difference when the call came. The result would have been the same. Seb, making a mistake. Mistakes happen, there is no reason to waste time looking for a scapegoat.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I think you missed the fact that when Ham pitted for ultras, he was lapping 1.5-2 secs faster than the front runners. He needed to build a gap because by lap 62-64, Lewis will be behind him. That's why most of us here were saying Kimi should have swapped places with Seb much earlier in the race, so Seb can build a bigger lead on Ham on much fresher tires and on a dry track.

I posted this earlier....
    Quote Originally Posted by Riccardog View Post
    erm..... Mika should be neutral.... I hope,
    Shetty.... Singapore?....Petronas????
    and Stringwell...englishman....
    do I sense..... a Mercedes bias somewhere in this???????
    WELL WELL WELL...
    I did call it...

Quote Originally Posted by da_one View Post
    I think you missed the fact that when Ham pitted for ultras, he was lapping 1.5-2 secs faster than the front runners. He needed to build a gap because by lap 62-64, Lewis will be behind him. That's why most of us here were saying Kimi should have swapped places with Seb much earlier in the race, so Seb can build a bigger lead on Ham on much fresher tires and on a dry track.
    Hamilton had backmarkers, Kimi and Bottas to pass before even thinking he had a shot at Seb. He would have lost enough time so he wouldn't have been a problem at the end.

I don't understand all this Hamilton bashing.
    I am not a fan of his but we are only annoyed cause Seb threw it away. No point dishing it out at Lewis.
    Seb threw it away. His bad. Hamilton was good enough to take advantage.
    Regarding the pen they would never have changed the race results after the fact for something like that. If it was a minor place maybe but not the winner.
    I am sure Ferrari hierarchy are having a serious look at Seb.
    Mistakes are tallying up. Baku, Paul Ricard and now this. He needs to raise his game if he wants to win this championship because all the ingredients are there as our car and overall package is the envy of the field.
    "I really don't know what happened" - Lewis Hamilton (frequently)

FerrariSteve Guest
    How do you think our car will handle in Hungary? it's usually a strong track for goldenboy and it's mostly point and squirt so suits the damn Merc?

I hope Seb is ultra fired up and takes the pole/win.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Hamilton had backmarkers, Kimi and Bottas to pass before even thinking he had a shot at Seb. He would have lost enough time so he wouldn't have been a problem at the end.
    Kimi and Bottas lost 4 secs to Ham in a single lap because of the backmarkers. Vettel himself had backmarkers in front of him so it will even out in the end, but Ham would still be on the faster tire.

Yep, this is 60 points VET has gifted Gangsta Boy.

But you can blame Crashtappen for about half of that.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post
    How do you think our car will handle in Hungary? it's usually a strong track for goldenboy and it's mostly point and squirt so suits the damn Merc?

I think we can do well there. SEB was 2 tenths faster in Hockenheim, and it isn't like Hockenheim is the low downforce circuit it used to be.

You have to get pole honestly. And then hope RBR does us a favor for a change, and actually finishes in front of Gangsta Boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
    Another concern is that Lewis Hamilton overtook/breezed by cars in dirty air for 14 laps and yet he could almost match the Ferraris on new tires when they pitted. Hamilton and Merc have an amazing pace. If Hamilton starts from the front row and nothing silly happens he will always end up 1st or 2nd at worst if Vettel can win.

If Lewis started from P10 in 10 straight races, do you think Raikkonen would finish in front of him in at least 5 races? I reckon not. Basicly, Raikkonen is completely useless to put up any kind of fight vs Hamilton.
    I'm not too concerned by that. Anyone of the front runners can honestly take a grid penalty and atleast finish 6th (something i think should be used to our advantage btw)

What I am concerend about is we had the best package. You can't throw away races when you have the best package.

Actually, I was more irritated when they he pitted for inters. It gave Ham a free pass. Yet another star which aligned in the heavens and gifted Ham the victory yesterday.
    I love how people on this forum have the EXACT same thoughts I do. No other F1 place would have that. :)

And yes, that was completely ridiculous. Crashtappen gets out of Gangsta Boy's way, but he'll just ram right into SEB.

Kimi and Bottas lost 4 secs to Ham in a single lap because of the backmarkers. Vettel himself had backmarkers in front of him so it will even out in the end, but Ham would still be on the faster tire.
    Nonsense Vettel, Kimi and Bottas just passed the big part of the backmarkers, who were racing each other and not letting faster laping cars by(no penalty for that dont know why, as kimi lost position in that and ran wide to avoid one of those hotheads). It was Louis's time to get passed them so he would have lost valuable time there. He wouldnt have passed Kimi easy either or not at all, that goes for Seb if he ever caught him. Taking in consideration he put his US 25 laps before the end(they lasted 20 laps for the front runners at the start), Hamilton's performance would have decreased with the tires. It didnt in the actual race, because of the many laps behind the SC. As for the win after seb's problem, he would have lost the lead if Bottas wanted too, or was allowed to pass, as seen on the restart. Valtteri was told to stand down and defend against Kimi. It was Seb's mistake, mistakes happen, you move on... May I remind you that Hamilton never passed a top 3 team car on the track in this GP ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    I love how people on this forum have the EXACT same thoughts I do. No other F1 place would have that. :)

And yes, that was completely ridiculous. Crashtappen gets out of Gangsta Boy's way, but he'll just ram right into SEB.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post

Hungary favors RBR highest, then Ferrari. Hungary is not a Mercedes track and in theory we should do better than them here. Last year we won with Seb although he had some problems with the car, with Kimi acting like a wall behind him and keeping everybody at bay, it was a 1-2 for Ferrari. This year expect RBR to be strong here.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Hungary favors RBR highest, then Ferrari. Hungary is not a Mercedes track and in theory we should do better than them here. Last year we won with Seb although he had some problems with the car, with Kimi acting like a wall behind him and keeping everybody at bay, it was a 1-2 for Ferrari. This year expect RBR to be strong here.
    Right. RBR was strong in Monaco so it is expected that they will be strong in Hungary. However, we have upgraded our engine since Monaco, as well as our starts. If we qualify ahead of them and manage to stay in front after the first lap, then we can control the pace. Hopefully this time the weather cooperates.