Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Hungarian GP - Pratices and Qualifying

I wouldn't be surprised if Merc put Lewis on the soft tyre and Valtteri on the ultra soft. That way Lewis will have a long first stint while Valtteri will block for him. Then Lewis will have a fast car on the ultras in the end. It will be crucial for us to jump Valtteri at the start at least with one car. Otherwise Lewis might build a gap that will be too big to close in the end. It would be totally different had Valtteri taken pole instead of Lewis. Maybe Merc will make a mistake and miss this opportunity.

Mad max summoned to stewards for impeding romain gros.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Those who have said anything can happen tomorrow are correct.
    Remember China? that RBR win came out of nowhere.
    China was ages ago. The winner of the German GP was nowhere as well, but all stars aligned in heaven and gifted him the win:

1. Vettel DNF
    2. Kimi slid off the track which let Bottas pass
    3. Max and RB gambling on inters but rain never came
    4. Bottas told to hold position while he was faster than Lewis

If it was dry both red bulls would have been ahead of the mercs. Oh well. What on earth happened to max the rain god

Quote Originally Posted by Otakukim View Post
    If it was dry both red bulls would have been ahead of the mercs. Oh well. What on earth happened to max the rain god
    He’s under investigation, impeding haas car RG

Quote Originally Posted by da_one View Post
    China was ages ago. The winner of the German GP was nowhere as well, but all stars aligned in heaven and gifted him the win:

1. Vettel DNF
    2. Kimi slid off the track which let Bottas pass
    3. Max and RB gambling on inters but rain never came
    4. Bottas told to hold position while he was faster than Lewis
    so you're 100% sure Merc will win tomorrow?

If max was ahead of a ferrari he wouldn't get a pen.
    But as he is down in 8th he will get a pen.
    "I really don't know what happened" - Lewis Hamilton (frequently)

Nice to see Robin Raikkonen enjoying an Ice Cream in the paddock. A chip off the old block!!!
    https://twitter.com/F1/status/102321...la1%2F44669194
    "Okay,...Jean is smarter than you....... can you confirm you understood that message" Bernie on the phone to Max circa 2009

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines - Enzo Ferrari circa 1960

No. Just giving a more recent example how nothing is set on stone

I am.

Oooohhh interesting. Magnussen accuses lewis pf blocking. Im sure nothing will happen but...
    Magnussen moaning as usual. No blocking at all.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Magnussen moaning as usual. No blocking at all.
    Yup saw the video. There really was nothing hahaha. And max also imo did not block grosjean

Its like 2006 again when everytime there was a track Renault were slow in the dry, it rained in Q or race to cancel out Ferraris advantage. Its just impossible to do anything, when lady luck laughs you in the face.

Vettel said he like to cancel out last weekends mistake. Well, considering he lost 32-40 points he needs to win 5 or 6 straight races to make up for those points if Hamilton finishes 2nd.

I dont think people realize how much impossible that is. And if Vettel has one more DNF season is over.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

The most to worry about is Bottas holding our boys behind, for Lewis to get a good gap, to not get undercut.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    The most to worry about is Bottas holding our boys behind, for Lewis to get a good gap, to not get undercut.
    That is what most likely will happen.

Hope we split our strategies. Think kimi should start on softs and seb on ultras since seb is the better starter

That is what most likely will happen.

Hope we split our strategies. Think kimi should start on softs and seb on ultras since seb is the better starter
    Even if we win, we stood to gain HUGE from this race, with possibly the RBR in front of Lewis, and Kimi too. Now look. It's damage limitation at best. Lewis is guaranteed a podium.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    Even if we win, we stood to gain HUGE from this race, with possibly the RBR in front of Lewis, and Kimi too. Now look. It's damage limitation at best. Lewis is guaranteed a podium.
    Yes i know. It was a good opportunity to catch up. But what can we so when lady luck is not on our side? On weekends where we were genuinely quicker it rains

There is no way we can win this unless Merc dnf

Let's just wait and see what happens tomorrow. It is not great of course, but how it went wrong for us in qualy, it could go our way in the race. It is not a disaster, look at RBR, they are nowhere when they were expected to shine. The Mercedes was the better car to drive in the wets, no Lewis magic. Things can change so easily, look how they did from Silverstone to Hockenheim. Its good that we are there and we didn't lose it in q1 or q2 because here it is hard to pass

The Scuderia has been jinxed. An exorcism is in order.

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Merc put Lewis on the soft tyre and Valtteri on the ultra soft. That way Lewis will have a long first stint while Valtteri will block for him. Then Lewis will have a fast car on the ultras in the end. It will be crucial for us to jump Valtteri at the start at least with one car. Otherwise Lewis might build a gap that will be too big to close in the end. It would be totally different had Valtteri taken pole instead of Lewis. Maybe Merc will make a mistake and miss this opportunity.
    Us pitting earlier will give us clean air with fresh tires, so Lewis on softs will have to pit to cover and do a long race on US. Not looking like a great strategy. The best one for Lewis is to be on the same tire as the Ferraris, so he can cover. If you think that Valtteri will cover, what if a Ferrari gets away from him with an undercut? Lewis would be a sitting duck.

Seb is not great in full wet conditions. If it was intermediate, i think we would have a chance.

On another note, happened to RBR
    He got schooled by Kimi in the wet. Sad

Kimi said he could have pole

Quote Originally Posted by impactX View Post
    He got schooled by Kimi in the wet. Sad
    Given that kimi is just a couple of hundredths ahead i dont know if he was schooled

I know Seb, and probably he was taking it easy this Q3 after Hockenheim. He didnt trust the car the way he would probably have. Remember that Seb nearly toke Hamilton the pole in Malaysia 2014,2015, when Mercedes was dominant. I never bash our drivers, and I am sad seeing that on this forum, I swear to god I first thought that I wisited the British autosport forum. Real Ferrari fans will support both drivers in their bad or good days.

Since 2004 there is a nice statistic that who ever wins in Hungary, never becomes WDC .

So Hamilton/Bottos can win this one, only if the statistic is right also this year .
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    Since 2004 there is a nice statistic that who ever wins in Hungary, never becomes WDC .

So Hamilton/Bottos can win this one, only if the statistic is right also this year .
    ONLY Hamilton.
    Bottas is not a threat

WE HAVE TO BE POSITIVELY HAPPY”
    ferrari-media
    Kimi: not so lucky with traffic. Seb: good car for the race

Mogyoròd, July 28 – The lottery of a wet qualifying session resulted in Scuderia Ferrari drivers, Kimi Raikkonen and Sebastian Vettel, taking 3rd and 4th place on the grid respectively. Conditions were tricky throughout the session as rain was falling with variable intensity and some sections of the track were flooded, while you could see semi-dry patches in others, so the call for tyres was always difficult in the first two segments, while the third one saw the Extreme Wet compound being the only sensible choice. The SF71Hs could not capitalize on the performance advantage that had been apparent in the dry P3 session, but both drives are determined to do their best in tomorrow’s 70 lap race, for which dry and particularly hot conditions are currently forecast.

“Overall” Kimi commented “this weekend the car has been really good in any conditions. In qualifying it was a bit tricky, but I enjoyed driving it a lot. The speed was there and the car was working well in wet conditions. Today we were more competitive in the rain than we had been in other places; It was nice, I was pleased because this hadn’t been our strongest point lately. In Q3 with used tires we were fastest of all, but with the new set we were a bit unlucky with the traffic; we got stuck a bit behind another car and with all the spray we could not have a clear lap. There was nothing we could do, as we were limited on time. It’s a pity because there was a lot of grip on the new tires: I’m sure we had the speed and everything else to get the first place, but we have to be positively happy that now we can actually challenge for the front in wet conditions”.

“I don’t think it was an awful session overall”, said Seb; “we were just not quick enough. Conditions were tricky and it was hard to squeeze everything out of the car, but I think my laps were generally fine. In wet conditions, we weren’t so confident as we had been in the dry, so we have some work to do. Today it was not a straightforward session, but I think we managed it well until the end. Obviously, we were missing a bit of something, but that’s how it is. We’ll see what tomorrow brings: the start is important, but the race is 70 laps long and I think we’ll be fine. I’ll move off from the second row, so we’ll focus on what we need to do starting from there. However, we have a good car no matter the conditions, and that’s the main thing”.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    Kimi said he could have pole
    Crucial word is COULD...

We need to be ready in the event of a safety car, that could be the key to winning the race.