Thread: 2018 Hungarian GP - Race

not the result that we’re hoping, but it’s still a good 2-3 for the team. i don’t understand the strategy by our guys in the race early on and the pitstops were a bit messy. hopefully the team learns from this and be ready for the 2nd half of the season.

aren’t we on Spec 1 for this race?

FerrariSteve Guest
    Seb hits Bottas = Penalty
    Bottas hits Seb = No penalty

How can we win the title when we are fighting against this level of bias?

Quote Originally Posted by alfaromeo View Post
    One tactic mistake for Ferrari, Vettel should go for a tire change when he had the advantage of 16 s and before the traffic. So he would come in front of the bottas and could get a hemlton. The second question is if it could be overtaken hemlton.
    Maybe Ferrari was concern that the ultra soft could not last until the end, so had no choice but to force through the back markers.

But year, the back markers really cost us here.

One tactic mistake for Ferrari, Vettel should go for a tire change when he had the advantage of 16 s and before the traffic. So he would come in front of the bottas and could get a hemlton. The second question is if it could be overtaken hemlton.
    Ferrari on plan c means one stop.!! Which means vet should nurse those US tyres for 30L which is very risky.

Ferrari must push push with development of the car ������Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiklub View Post
    Sure, backmarkers really didn't help at all, but then we still had it all in our hands, but the pit stop took it away.
    The pit stop was the nail in the coffin for sure, but it only cost 2 seconds. The traffic cost 5 or 6.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post
    Seb hits Bottas = Penalty
    Bottas hits Seb = No penalty

How can we win the title when we are fighting against this level of bias?
    Be faster and better. Only option when the FIA, F1, Sky and everyone is against you.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    The pit stop was the nail in the coffin for sure, but it only cost 2 seconds. The traffic cost 5 or 6.
    I know, but maybe those 2 extra laps he stayed out were critical to make the US tyres last until the end. I'm just trying to say even with all the traffic we still had a chance, but we screwed it up.

Ferrari must push push with development of the car ������Forza Ferrari
    If Mercedes catches up in terms of pace. Then it's rigged. Because even SKY admitted that the Ferrari pace differential is 6 months to a year's worth. There is no in season testing. One would think we should maintain this advantage throughout the end of the season. Unfortuantely we just threw away many points while having the advantage.

FerrariSteve Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    It sicken me whenever they mention hamilton and Michael Schumacher in the same sentence. hamilton could never hold a candle to the great man.
    Agreed!

did lewis fanboy charlie whiting give sainz a penalty btw? remember that time sainz made it through in quali but seb had to still get a penalty for barely anything?
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

That 2sec was costly for vet. If it was right pit stop, vet would have easily emerged out on top n would have raced against ham for sure..!!

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post
    Agreed!
    lol hamilton is a rat in every way
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

I know, but maybe those 2 extra laps he stayed out were critical to make the US tyres last until the end. I'm just trying to say even with all the traffic we still had a chance, but we screwed it up.
    I doubt it, with the lower fuel load, the tyres would have lasted me thinks. Lewis did 25 didn't he, and we are better on wear and had a lower fuel load.

Quote Originally Posted by MJ View Post
    not the result that we’re hoping, but it’s still a good 2-3 for the team. i don’t understand the strategy by our guys in the race early on and the pitstops were a bit messy. hopefully the team learns from this and be ready for the 2nd half of the season.

aren’t we on Spec 1 for this race?
    Every points collected is very precious as nobody knows what will pan out for the rest of the races. I keep my hope up for the team by always reminding myself how things can easily turn around last season.

Quote Originally Posted by theodorus8864 View Post
    Every points collected is very precious as nobody knows what will pan out for the rest of the races. I keep my hope up for the team by always reminding myself how things can easily turn around last season.

lets hope our second half of the season development isnt like last years development, although they have to take into mind next years car and changes, lets hope they staff enough people to handle both

I doubt it, with the lower fuel load, the tyres would have lasted me thinks. Lewis did 25 didn't he, and we are better on wear and had a lower fuel load.
    Then it was just a very poor strategy call...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So funny Toto calling Bottas a wing man.
    Bottas said being called a wingman hurts.
    But that is what you are.
    Resigned to being a wingman.
    "I really don't know what happened" - Lewis Hamilton (frequently)

Sky reporter cutting into bottas calling him a wing man! He wasn’t to happy!
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    That 2sec was costly for vet. If it was right pit stop, vet would have easily emerged out on top n would have raced against ham for sure..!!
    I'd rather be 6 seconds closer! That's a lot to make up, and you're eating up tyres doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Lol he is a lapdog, or by wing do they mean damaging other cars with his?

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    lets hope our second half of the season development isnt like last years development, although they have to take into mind next years car and changes, lets hope they staff enough people to handle both
    We have already out developed the Mercs this season and we are going away them barring our mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    We have already out developed the Mercs this season and we are going away them barring our mistakes

Jesus what happened there, second and third looks good now. I am happy, Vettel made a great manouever, but Bottas has lost his mind and just crashed into him. In that moment I already saw a 42 points gap to Hamilton, thank god it ended with just 24. Remember that after Hungary last year, Seb was leading by 25 points, all to play, 9 races to go, and 225 points remaining, bring on SPA. Hope its dry.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    OUCH! Truth hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by prancing horse View Post
    So funny Toto calling Bottas a wing man.
    Bottas said being called a wingman hurts.
    But that is what you are.
    Resigned to being a wingman.
    KR is called rear gunner. Is that better?
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Hamilton has also taken new PU components before quali. So he will incur penalties if needs to be changed during the second half. Any thing is possible.

Good for you, I hope you had some money on it.
    I don't gamble

I'd rather be 6 seconds closer! That's a lot to make up, and you're eating up tyres doing it.
    When vet came out against bottas after pit stop gap down to ham was 7.2 sec. vet was on fresh US. Difference between US & S is .5-.7sec. There were 20 laps to go.