Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 213141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Hungarian GP - Race

As I said, Pirelli brought too hard tyres to Hungary. Only two drivers made two pitstops. Kimi and Hulk. All this talk that both the FIA and Pirelli want two-stopper races across the board is obviously just fake news. They should have brought the hypersofts along with the supersofts making the softs the hardest compound. That would make the race even more eventful. Looking at the tyres nominated up until Brazil Pirelli at least actually have not chosen the hards for Suzuka, which is good. But it looks like Brazil will be a one-stopper in the dry (see the news thread).

IMO Hockenheim will go down as the turning point and kimi's definately complicit not a team player lest he forget he owes Massa big time for 2007

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    "Okay,...Jean is smarter than you....... can you confirm you understood that message" Bernie on the phone to Max circa 2009

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines - Enzo Ferrari circa 1960

Are you again trying to say that KR did not comply with team orders?

And I do think he returned the favor in 2008.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    Nobody is questioning whether Vettel was hit or not. I'm questioning earlier suggestion that Bottas was instructed by Mercedes to take Vettel out and that he tried to do that.

Vettel considers it a racing incident.
    I'm with Mr B Hill here. I don't believe any racer in a top 5 position would willingly crash his car to take a rival out because in do so, his own chances of even finishing the race could disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    I think few passioned teams will work. One of them would be ferrari, now even more after SM passing away.
    Everyone is determined to bring championship to home.
    of course.

Quote Originally Posted by doublesixes View Post
    I'm with Mr B Hill here. I don't believe any racer in a top 5 position would willingly crash his car to take a rival out because in do so, his own chances of even finishing the race could disappear.
    Had Valtteri managed to take out Seb and in the process himself as well it would benefit both Merc and Lewis. Had the race finished with Lewis in P1 and Kimi in P2 with the others out Merc would have scored 7 points more than Ferrari (now only 2 points) and Lewis would have scored 25 more than Seb (now only 7 points). Since his tyres were shot it was obviously a no-branier to try and take Seb out. Valtteri is not in the WDC race. Just watch it again.

Merc did not want a second strong fi driver in there team they wanted a blocker a yes man in bottas no questions asked bottas is compromising his own career covering for lewis and blocking merc should have gone to the nfl in america and recruited a blocker in stead bottas agreed to play 2nd fiddle stay tuned that relationship will go sour 100% bottas will have a gut full of protecting golden boy lewis and probably being instrucred to take other drivers out ferrari must ask the question who are taking who out of races 2nd half is coming bottas wants to race not protect lewis and his title bid.lewis has just inherited another headache .

maybe, just maybe it's better that we did not win in Hungary

going by the history of stats (if anyone is going by that on this forum), anyone who WON in Hungary since 2004 did NOT end up winning the championship at the end of the year....

so maybe this was faith.....that in Quali we did not take pole position and win the race due to WET quali.....because in the DRY i'm pretty sure ferrari would have been a 1-2 and most likely Seb would have won the race

JUST SOMETHING FOR YOU GUYS TO CHEW ON AND THINK ABOUT.....just saying!!!!
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

well what i would say is we really need to win in Belgium otherwise it's 6 wins for Mercs and then we would really be on the back foot.

Vettel: "Looks like in the last two races, the rain god has Mercedes in the garage but I think in the 2nd half of the season we can upgrade and put something decent in the garage"
    Tami translated on twitter
    https://twitter.com/Vetteleclerc/sta...20518728085505
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    well what i would say is we really need to win in Belgium otherwise it's 6 wins for Mercs and then we would really be on the back foot.
    Yes we need to win to get momentum back asap, but we also need Kimi to back up seb and quali on the front row now
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    maybe, just maybe it's better that we did not win in Hungary

going by the history of stats (if anyone is going by that on this forum), anyone who WON in Hungary since 2004 did NOT end up winning the championship at the end of the year....

so maybe this was faith.....that in Quali we did not take pole position and win the race due to WET quali.....because in the DRY i'm pretty sure ferrari would have been a 1-2 and most likely Seb would have won the race

JUST SOMETHING FOR YOU GUYS TO CHEW ON AND THINK ABOUT.....just saying!!!!
    I will believe this stat IF we win the championship. The winner of hockenheim has also finished 2nd also in the championship since 2010. Haha im clutching at straws but it is kinda funny

Ferrari should work straight through the break. Whaaa you don't get a vacation. They have two championships to win. Suck it up buttercup.

What the hell is the FIA going to do? They are impotent. Ferrari used to have a ton of sway with the FIA, now they act meek and just take it in the rear. Merc breaks the rules with secret tests, Ferrari should too. This is war.
    Last edited by Rob; 30th July 2018 at 07:37. Reason: please do not swear and watch your comments please.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Ferrari should just say F the FIA and work straight through the break. Whaaa you don't get a vacation. They have two championships to win. Suck it up buttercup.

What the hell is the FIA going to do? They are impotent. Ferrari used to have a ton of sway with the FIA, now they act meek and just take it in the rear. Merc breaks the rules with secret tests, Ferrari should too. This is war.
    apparently the only guy that took it to FIA was Sergio M, which is why a lot of people didnt like him there even though he is "respected", he fought for ferrari
    Last edited by Rob; 30th July 2018 at 07:37.

I missed one point, plz clarify ...!

FIA imposed a rule last year saying fake pit stops should be avoided by any team. If any such instances it will lead to fine or some penalty. Had such rule stricken off this year ??? Mercs we’re doing these cheap tricks 2 times In this race & last couple of races too.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    he looks quite relaxed in that little interview.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Merc did not want a second strong fi driver in there team they wanted a blocker a yes man in bottas no questions asked bottas is compromising his own career covering for lewis and blocking merc should have gone to the nfl in america and recruited a blocker in stead bottas agreed to play 2nd fiddle stay tuned that relationship will go sour 100% bottas will have a gut full of protecting golden boy lewis and probably being instrucred to take other drivers out ferrari must ask the question who are taking who out of races 2nd half is coming bottas wants to race not protect lewis and his title bid.lewis has just inherited another headache .
    Bottas has said, at first he didnt understand but now he is perfectly fine with what toto said and believes toto would'v said the same of lewis if the places had been swapped , what a good lap dog

he looks quite relaxed in that little interview.
    Tbh Vettel this year compared to previous years is so different lol like he is in the zen and has rainbows around him all the time, relaxed and laughing, probably doing his best to keep the team motivated

I missed one point, plz clarify ...!

FIA imposed a rule last year saying fake pit stops should be avoided by any team. If any such instances it will lead to fine or some penalty. Had such rule stricken off this year ??? Mercs we’re doing these cheap tricks 2 times In this race & last couple of races too.
    there was that rule but i think they gave up on it since they cant really police it, teams can say they changed their minds or they weren't ready

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    apparently the only guy that took it to FIA was Sergio M, which is why a lot of people didnt like him there even though he is "respected", he fought for ferrari
    Ferrari needs to play hardball. They are F1. I don't understand this limp writed attitude of the last few years.

FerrariSteve Guest
    Spa is key for me. Seb wins there even with goldenboy 2nd it's all on!
    Lewis wins at Spa and for me the season will be done as the points difference will be too large, simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post
    Spa is key for me. Seb wins there even with goldenboy 2nd it's all on!
    Lewis wins at Spa and for me the season will be done as the points difference will be too large, simple as that.
    Well i hope it does not rain in spa and monza. Are we supposed to get the mythical spec 3 engine there?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    no there isnt. All computers have to turned off, laptops work stuff not allowed home either. Think they can start working again at factory in last week or even the 2nd to last week of the break.
    correct Rob

I think it’s not like that. They can’t do any work in the factories. But can have a technical discussions etc at home or on calls.
    Strickly forbidden by upper management from the teams.

some teams will take the break straight after today some may still work till end of the week to strip down cars etc etc at factory. Then take break, others who have taken the break straight away will do same after the break.
    correct again Rob

not allowed to work at home. They can think about work, as FIA can not stop that. How could they. But ANY work can not be done AT ALL.
    correctamundo again Rob

I think people can do what they want in the privacy of their own homes, the FIA can do nothing about it.
    How when anything from HQ is shut down!!! Meaning data retrieval, telemetry, engine analysis.....EVERYTHING IS SHUT DOWN!!

what do you not understand? all servers are turned off, no work related stuff is allowed home to be worked on. If the engineers think about work, FIA cannt stop it, how could they. But to actually take stuff home isnt allowed.
    correct yet again!!

so you have to be connected to a server to work at home? you think the FIA send a policeman to every engineers home to monitor what they are doing 24/7?
    Rob I feel your pain.......

I think few passioned teams will work. One of them would be ferrari, now even more after SM passing away.
    Everyone is determined to bring championship to home.

Nope. Most of the teams personnel, from the pit crew to upper management, have families or are involved in some kind of relationship with someone (being politically correct) and the last thing that their significant other want to hear or see is the team member texting, talking, or having morning tea with another team member. The teams forbid this behavior and want all team members to spend quality time away from F1. All teams HQ is shut down...including servers and emails....period!!!

It's like hitting your head against the wall trying to explain this....

Hmm I'm sure I heard when this break was first introduced that there must be a complete shutdown for 2 weeks.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    correct Rob

Strickly forbidden by upper management from the teams.

correct again Rob

correctamundo again Rob

How when anything from HQ is shut down!!! Meaning data retrieval, telemetry, engine analysis.....EVERYTHING IS SHUT DOWN!!

correct yet again!!

Rob I feel your pain.......

Nope. Most of the teams personnel, from the pit crew to upper management, have families or are involved in some kind of relationship with someone (being politically correct) and the last thing that their significant other want to hear or see is the team member texting, talking, or having morning tea with another team member. The teams forbid this behavior and want all team members to spend quality time away from F1. All teams HQ is shut down...including servers and emails....period!!!

It's like hitting your head against the wall trying to explain this....
    Mercedes High Performance Engines doesn't shut down as they do work outside of F1 and are separate to the main team. Not sure if they are banned from working on f1 engine or not.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post

If Massa's engine hadn't quit in 2008 he won have won the race and the championship.

Don't play dumb with me. I'm better at it than you are.

Quote Originally Posted by REDARMYSOJA View Post
    If Massa's engine hadn't quit in 2008 he won have won the race and the championship.
    that's true too.....so i guess we CAN'T really go by previous stats then......cause in Massa's case by NOT winning the race in 2008 due to engine failure he should have WON the WDC.....but i guess he didn't....although he did for 10 seconds or so after crossing the finish line, until $%$# bag 2 chains Luise passed Timo glock and won the WDC himself....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    Mercedes High Performance Engines doesn't shut down as they do work outside of F1 and are separate to the main team. Not sure if they are banned from working on f1 engine or not.
    It's called AMG (high performance engines) and they work on passenger vehicles. Of course they don't shut down!!! duuuuh! Anything having to do with F1 GETS SHUT DOWN...including the AMG F1 dept.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    It's called AMG (high performance engines) and they work on passenger vehicles. Of course they don't shut down!!! duuuuh! Anything having to do with F1 GETS SHUT DOWN...including the AMG F1 dept.
    Mercedes have a different set of rules to follow. Don't expect them to follow the rest.