Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 41516171819202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Hungarian GP - Race

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Lewis does have that 24 point gap now and that's a bit concerning.
    Must admit I am not too concerned yet but we need Spa big time!!!!
    This time last year we went into the break with Seb 14 points clear of Hamilton!
    Ferrari 39 points clear of Mercedes and we know the rest!
    Maybe the stats will be reversed again this year in our favour.
    Seb and Ferrari want this even more than we do......and that's big!!!!!!

Forza Jules

to me it looked like kimi got blocked by bottas and seb did the smart thing and went around him to make the pass as he almost passed bottas at turn 2 as well.

Anyway the rat has almost a full 25point advantage, gotta pray there isnt any rain in any Q or race session in the future or else we are sitting ducks
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Lewis does have that 24 point gap now and that's a bit concerning.
    But with Kimi driving well and Bottas seemingly under pressure, perhaps we will win WCC.
    If we can win the constructors, well, I'll be happy enough.
    Seb wins the next 2, Ham second in both, lead down to 10, 1 DNF from Ham, seb wins, it's back in seb's favor, it's not concerning.

Quote Originally Posted by schuy View Post
    Seb wins the next 2, Ham second in both, lead down to 10, 1 DNF from Ham, seb wins, it's back in seb's favor, it's not concerning.
    If only it was that simple, we really should be leading both titles which is a worry we are not. Last 2 races have really been fortunate for Lewis that's for sure.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    I too believe Mercs will throw some nice shiny bonuses for those that saved data week ago to take home and do some research and development at home or on holiday, since laptops and paper are portable during the summer break.

I expect a strong second half of the season with 5 or more wins from Vettel and Ferrari. I think this year the second half will be the opposite of last year.

I too believe Mercs will throw some nice shiny bonuses for those that saved data week ago to take home and do some research and development at home or on holiday, since laptops and paper are portable during the summer break.
    Everyone will be the same, not just Merc but off course you think they are the best at everything.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Everyone will be the same, not just Merc but off course you think they are the best at everything.
    well yeah agreed Greig, not just Mercedes.

to me it looked like kimi got blocked by bottas and seb did the smart thing and went around him to make the pass as he almost passed bottas at turn 2 as well.

Anyway the rat has almost a full 25point advantage, gotta pray there isnt any rain in any Q or race session in the future or else we are sitting ducks
    Singapore is the best for RB to come ahead of mercs.
    If vettel wins it & ham finishes 4th or 5th. That 24pt comes down to 12, in just one race.
    Similar way Mexico is other place mercs struggle & RB feel they have a chance. So there r lot of equations to consider. But it all depends on how vettel is focused in the 2nd half. A strong come back & 2nd half is needed for him that’s for sure.

As I said earlier, don't blame Valtteri for what he did yesterday (blocking and bumbing). Those were his orders. That's why he has a 1+1 year contract and Lewis signed a 2 year deal. They'll evaluate Valtteris contribution after 2019 if he has done his job properly. Also, don't blame Kimi for moving over for Seb. You can start blaming him for his "moving over" driving when he fails to finish on the podium or in the higher points. Two drivers can't finish in 1st and two drivers can't finish in 2nd. He has finished infront of Seb 5 times this year (CHN, AZE, FRA, AUT, GER). Obviously for different reasons, but that's racing. Anybody who wants Kimi out NOW, this season, clearly is just trolling. Talk about picking the worst possible moment in time to voice that opinion.

Last season after Hungary, and prior to the summer break, Merc was leading the WCC by 39 points (357-318). This season it's 10 points and we've had one race more (12 to 11) and on a circuit with "special tyres" (Paul Ricard). On the other hand Seb was leading the WDC by 14 points. This season he's 24 points behind Lewis. It's still all to race for and it looks much better this year from a technical and mechanical point of view. But there's no more room for mistakes, be it the drivers, the pitwall or the pitcrew. Let us just all hope for as little rain as possible after the break.

I have to give credit to Kimi for not attacking Vettel when Bottas forced him wide. He knows the title fight is important to the team. Would have ended differently if it it were some young hot head like Max.

24 points gap is a challenge, but we can quickly reduce that to nothing if we finish 1-2 in the next couple races. I believe we'll have the performance to do that, we just need luck to be on our side.

Can't wait for the season to resume

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    and on a circuit with "special tyres" (Paul Ricard).
    Also used in Spain and Silverstone.
    Forza Ferrari

24 points is nothing IMO
    We seen since the introduction of new 25 points for a win gaps can be bridged or created very quickly.
    Let's not forget 8 days ago seb was 8 points ahead.
    It is all hypothetical at this stage with so many races left.
    What Seb needs to do is go out and win as many races as he can.
    I know Mercs have won the last 2 races but it feels like we got the momentum.
    Mercs have had a lot of luck in past 2 years. That has to run out at some stage
    "I really don't know what happened" - Lewis Hamilton (frequently)

Quote Originally Posted by prancing horse View Post
    24 points is nothing IMO
    We seen since the introduction of new 25 points for a win gaps can be bridged or created very quickly.
    Let's not forget 8 days ago seb was 8 points ahead.
    It is all hypothetical at this stage with so many races left.
    What Seb needs to do is go out and win as many races as he can.
    I know Mercs have won the last 2 races but it feels like we got the momentum.
    Mercs have had a lot of luck in past 2 years. That has to run out at some stage
    I'm not sure people understand Luck.

Being able to drive faster when it rains isn't luck.
    Falling off the track when it rains isn't luck.

Luck refers to VSC at the right time
    Luck refers to jump starting and not getting pulled up on it
    Luck refers to Mad Max taking your direct competition out time and time again
    Luck refers to Pirelli buckling under pressure and changing tire specification in middle of season
    And yes. It also refers to getting favorable weather when you ask for it.
    "I really don't know what happened" - Lewis Hamilton (frequently)

Valtteri's race was the perfect wingman's race. I don't mean it in championship terms, we have no number one and number two, but it was just how he was racing, was from my standpoint the best race so far with Valtteri at Mercedes in the last three years.

"The bittersweet feeling I have is he would have deserved to have finished P2.
    Lol no shame from Wolff, Bottas winning last year was trash compared to being ratboy's lackey in hungary, bashing into vettel and dani ric just makes it such a better drive apparently
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Its easy lewis i will tell you mate you got lucky again now thats 3 times so you know whats next and its coming your way .

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Its easy lewis i will tell you mate you got lucky again now thats 3 times so you know whats next and its coming your way .
    let me guess A DNF?????
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Also used in Spain and Silverstone.
    Yes, but I meant the extra race this season that wasn't on the calendar last year. If you remove the points from Paul Ricard then Merc would be leading the WCC by only 4 points and Seb would only be 9 points behind Lewis. So compared to last year all is not that bad. On the other hand Germany wasn't on the calendar last year either but it was on there two years ago.

Cant believe it really guys, 3 place grid penalty for Seb because of being a Ferrari driver.

Last edited by Vettel165; 30th July 2018 at 17:31.

( )

I c what you did there..
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Very funny Vettel 165 but not too far from the truth it seems.

Forza Jules

i dont think they would give a race ban but pure crashing and having no actual penalty for both incidents, its easy to see they didnt punish him for smashing into seb only for the dani ric incident. very bias should be a grid drop next race for sure
    Are people seriously crying about Bottas after Vettel got away with deliberately ramming a competitor in Baku. You people need to get ahold of yourselves smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonecrasher View Post
    Are people seriously crying about Bottas after Vettel got away with deliberately ramming a competitor in Baku. You people need to get ahold of yourselves smh.
    Seb was given a penalty for that, never got away with it.
    Forza Ferrari

Seb was given a penalty for that, never got away with it.
    True but the punishment didn’t fit the crime. He essentially got away with a slap on the wrist.

True but the punishment didn’t fit the crime. He essentially got away with a slap on the wrist.
    Not really he got a 10 second stop/go and it cost him the race win hardly a slap on the wrist so how about get a hold of yourself
    Forza Ferrari

As Greig stated, Seb also got pts added to his license. He was very close to getting a race ban...which only lasted about a week I believe since the upcoming race was already a year served so that knocked off some pts. So not a slap on the wrist.

Yes people are crying and rightly so! Bottas deliberately tried to take vettel out of the race to prove what a great wingman he is, you can clearly see that from the onboard camera on kimi car, they’re all turning left to make the turn, and bottas clearly turns the opposite way into vettel, it wasn’t just a simple lock up I wonder why there’s no onboard of bottas available! On the contrary vettel in Baku didn’t try to take anyone out of the race he just banged wheels on wheels to prove a point and he was penalised for it, bottas got away without penalty for deliberately trying to take vettel out.

Vettel DID NOT deliberately RAM Lewis in Baku. If you look at Vettels on-board, he took his right hand off the steering to gesture towards Lewis while his left hand was still on the steering wheel and Vettels head was turned to the right.

Try doing that in your car doing 30mph....you start to veer right....by accident.