Page 1 of 34 12345678910111213141526 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Hungarian GP - Race

2018 Hungarian GP - Race

Good morning everyone.
    As I am allready at the Sunny race track, I thought I should start this thread
    Today weather forecast is Sun with 32 C max. Hopefully this will help after yesterday dissapointment.
    Let' race

The track will be really hot, as I see track temp above 60C will have a way to influence the race and do not forget how important cooling can be if there is a safety car in the race.

Have some fun anyway and avoid direct sunshine :)

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Good morning everyone.
    Today weather forecast is Sun with 32 C max. Hopefully this will help after yesterday dissapointment.
    Let' race

Quote Originally Posted by ferenc_k View Post
    The track will be really hot, as I see track temp above 60C will have a way to influence the race and do not forget how important cooling can be if there is a safety car in the race.

Have some fun anyway and avoid direct sunshine :)
    Thanks for advice, althou my 23 years of experinece comming to Hungaroring tells me the same

Easy 1-2 for ferrari, kimi will be 5-10sec leading by lap 5 at the most, he is insanely fast lately. who knows maybe thunderstorms will appear to ruin sebs race again so maybe not Ferrari 1-2 but kimi should win this easily by yesterday's showing if he doesn't i will really be disappointed with him, today he breaks the none win streak
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Yes game on today.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Easy 1-2 for ferrari, kimi will be 5-10sec leading by lap 5 at the most, he is insanely fast lately. who knows maybe thunderstorms will appear to ruin sebs race again so maybe not Ferrari 1-2 but kimi should win this easily by yesterday's showing if he doesn't i will really be disappointed with him, today he breaks the none win streak
    would love to see a Kimi win

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Good morning everyone.
    Let' race
    With this post we can say, great race start. Have fun and enjoy a lot if possible

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

Don't get your hopes too high, a Ferrari win today will be the biggest miracle of 2018 season.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Don't get your hopes too high, a Ferrari win today will be the biggest miracle of 2018 season.
    I think the biggest miracle of the season would be Lewis getting a penalty

Which tyre will be used at start? Those of Q2? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Paulo Goncalves View Post
    Which tyre will be used at start? Those of Q2? Thanks

Free choice

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    I think the biggest miracle of the season would be Lewis getting a penalty
    ... add to that mercs team.

32C air/50C track temp at the F2 race

Quote Originally Posted by ferenc_k View Post
    32C air/50C track temp at the F2 race
    It’s expected to be at 60c at start of race. Let’s see.

Mercs if they start on US, they should be sliding all over the place. Especially ham, he wasn’t comfortable on those. Ferrari’s best chance is start, keep pressure & pit stop.

With this temperature, starting on the yellow softs would be great insurance against rapid premature wear, even if it means not winning the start. I'm thinking the violet ultra softs will be in by laps 8/12, whereas the softs may be 20 or more laps? But like Austria, I'm thinking it'll be a 3 stop race through no choice but survival!

Merc will prob start with Lewis on US and Bottas on Soft and as Lewis said yesterday make sure they block Ferrari off at the start.....then use Bottas to let the golden boy run off a gap.
    Forza Ferrari

Vet - 2 new sets of US, 2new sets of Softs , 1 new set of Mediums
    Kimi - 1 new set of US, 2 new sets of softs, 1 new set of mediums
    Ham & bottas - same as kimi.

with low fuel US would be useful under these temp. Ferrari can be aggressive with vettel.

On high fuel US lasts only 8-10 laps under these temp. Particularly mercs they would find it little difficult, this should give ferrari chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Merc will prob start with Lewis on US and Bottas on Soft and as Lewis said yesterday make sure they block Ferrari off at the start.....then use Bottas to let the golden boy run off a gap.
    I’m expecting the same, they can sacrifice bottas position for the sake of Lewis win.
    To counter that, ferrari can go for US on both cars. If either of the car jumps bottas then game on.

I'm thinking they could push the yellow softs harder for longer, which could allow the Ferraris to undercut early pitting Mercs, especially if the Mercs find themselves behind the following packs.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    I’m expecting the same, they can sacrifice bottas position for the sake of Lewis win.
    To counter that, ferrari can go for US on both cars. If either of the car jumps bottas then game on.
    We really need a monster start from Seb and him into 2nd after turn 1 or at least ahead of Bottas, but he knows he has to be careful a DNF here will be hard to come back from.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    We really need a monster start from Seb and him into 2nd after turn 1 or at least ahead of Bottas, but he knows he has to be careful a DNF here will be hard to come back from.
    Yup that’s my other concern. DNF too is on the cards till that turn 1.
    If both cars survive turn1 then I think atleast vet can take the challenge.

Lot of permutations & combinations rolling in my mind
    Ultimately is ferrari’s Or drivers call. Yest ferrari did take good call in q2 for vet.
    Hope they will pull out similar kind of thing.

1. First we have to make through the start.
    2. If number one is done, I would stay as long as possible out with Vettel on the soft rubber, even after Mercedes pitted. I would pit Kimi first to put the pressure on Mercedes with an undercut, but one VSC can change all the things.
    3. Track position is key here, its gonna be crucial to get ahead of a least one mercedes. If in a perfect world Kimi,Seb jump Bottas at the start, Hamilton will be put under pressure.
    4. Reliability will be again the major factor.
    5. Bring it home.

I won't rule out RBR completely as unexpected things happen.
    Also notice how they have won every third race this season (3,6,9).

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Yeah we are faster. But where are we going to overtake on that track....?

You predicting a Ferrari victory at least once this season will be the biggest miracle of 2018.

Disappointed Since 2010

All well and good to suggest these strategies and not wishing to be a kill-joy, but they can all go out of the window if there's a SC and the most important thing is for both cars to finish, preferably in front of the Mercs, of course. We definitely can't afford to take too many chances as a DNF would be another disaster and the summer break will be even harder to stomach. Go for it, Seb and Kimi, but first you have to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by DJTaurus View Post
    Yeah we are faster. But where are we going to overtake on that track....?
    no problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2hUG2Qd1jw

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    You predicting a Ferrari victory at least once this season will be the biggest miracle of 2018.
    So true

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    Well we already had the biggest miracle of the 21st century.....

Pole is not possible. If the fastest Ferrari is able to get within half a second of the fastest Mercedes in qualifying, I would consider that to be the biggest miracle of 21st century.
    Forza Ferrari