Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Hungarian GP - Race

Exactly from the onboard video of Kimi, Bottas went pretty much straight through the corner. But no point arguing with a Lewis fan...

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    But Vettel has to go for the overtake, he can't sit behind forever. I would prefer a driver who goes for overtakes rather than a driver who is scared of getting hit.
    You have got to be kidding me...

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by DelMar View Post
    Exactly from the onboard video of Kimi, Bottas went pretty much straight through the corner. But no point arguing with a Lewis fan...
    https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13...-for-collision
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    is there any way teams can work during the summer break? i have a feeling mercs did that last year and thats why they were so much better second half of the season.

maybe ferrari can assemble a b-squad to develop in a bunker somewhere remotely
    no there isnt. All computers have to turned off, laptops work stuff not allowed home either. Think they can start working again at factory in last week or even the 2nd to last week of the break.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    He has caused two collisions in two laps, he could've easily ended Seb's race. How is it a standard penalty?

Seb got 3 place grid drop for "impeding" Sainz, an incident which meant absolutely nothing at all.

It should've been a grid drop.
    Kimi got the same penalty for hitting Lewis at Silverstone.

It was do one hit get one free week, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    How? If Vettel is always quicker?
    Lol

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    "Okay,...Jean is smarter than you....... can you confirm you understood that message" Bernie on the phone to Max circa 2009

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines - Enzo Ferrari circa 1960

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    no there isnt. All computers have to turned off, laptops work stuff not allowed home either. Think they can start working again at factory in last week or even the 2nd to last week of the break.
    I think it’s not like that. They can’t do any work in the factories. But can have a technical discussions etc at home or on calls.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    I think it’s not like that. They can’t do any work in the factories. But can have a technical discussions etc
    of course. How can you stop people working at home anyway?

Seb most often takes the high road. Just like he did after the post-race Barcelona test with the normal compounds. But eyes don't lie.

So Seb does?

Vettel takes the high road and says it happens. From his words it was clear that Bottas was at fault. He locked up and hit Vettel.
    Interestingly when Vettel locked up and hit Bottas, remember we got a penalty and remember Merc's reaction.

I think it’s not like that. They can’t do any work in the factories. But can have a technical discussions etc at home or on calls.
    some teams will take the break straight after today some may still work till end of the week to strip down cars etc etc at factory. Then take break, others who have taken the break straight away will do same after the break.

Maybe you should read again.

"For him [Bottas] there wasn't anywhere to go, I was ahead. I don't blame him - I think he had no grip and when you're so close it's very difficult to stop the car and I think he locked up and we made contact."

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    of course. How can you stop people working at home anyway?
    not allowed to work at home. They can think about work, as FIA can not stop that. How could they. But ANY work can not be done AT ALL.

not allowed to work at home. They can think about work, as FIA can not stop that. How could they. But ANY work can not be done AT ALL.
    I think people can do what they want in the privacy of their own homes, the FIA can do nothing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    Maybe you should read again.

"For him [Bottas] there wasn't anywhere to go, I was ahead. I don't blame him - I think he had no grip and when you're so close it's very difficult to stop the car and I think he locked up and we made contact."
    Like this?
    "I felt, all of a sudden, I got hit from behind"

P2/3 isn't the end of the world just yet, it could have been worse and the fact that HAM once again takes P1 is just sickening. The strategy was a gamble which didn't really work and being stuck behind other cars and poor pit-stops did the rest of the damage, but this circuit is a bit of a nightmare for that reason. I just hope we haven't now run out of steam and that we can get our winning mojo back after the break, the guys need a rest and we will come back fighting if development stays on track. Good drives by Seb and Kimi, under the circumstances, but the Spec 3 engine didn't seem to do much for Haas and Sauber, maybe track-dependent? Glad we've got a break as my nerves are shattered.

I think people can do what they want in the privacy of their own homes, the FIA can do nothing about it.
    what do you not understand? all servers are turned off, no work related stuff is allowed home to be worked on. If the engineers think about work, FIA cannt stop it, how could they. But to actually take stuff home isnt allowed.

Nobody is questioning whether Vettel was hit or not. I'm questioning earlier suggestion that Bottas was instructed by Mercedes to take Vettel out and that he tried to do that.

Vettel considers it a racing incident.

what do you not understand? all servers are turned off, no work related stuff is allowed home to be worked on. If the engineers think about work, FIA cannt stop it, how could they. But to actually take stuff home isnt allowed.
    so you have to be connected to a server to work at home? you think the FIA send a policeman to every engineers home to monitor what they are doing 24/7?

so you have to be connected to a server to work at home? you think the FIA send a policeman to every engineers home to monitor what they are doing 24/7?

Yest after quali I said, mercs will take this result. As bottas can act as rear gunner, that was his job he did it.
    It’s not end of the world..!! It’s just 1race difference points gap.

First half of the season has been exciting, good for F1 fans especially.

I would be waiting for 2nd half of the season. When we feel ferrari is strong it’s even more exciting.
    Hope ferrari, vettel & kimi have a good break and come with a bang. I want to see vettel come back in a strong way.

I think he seems confused

I think he seems confused
    who? me or Rob?

I think the engineers might also want to take this break after working 24/7 in the past few months.

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    I think the engineers might also want to take this break after working 24/7 in the past few months.
    these guys are driven to succeed. I'm not saying they would all do it necessarily, but to think no F1 engineers would put in extra hours at home simply because the FIA 'doesn't allow it' is really naive in my opinion. They are not 4 year old kids obeying mummy and daddy

Formula One Teams Association, which required that one comply with a moral obligation to stick to the rule. Then, in 2014, this agreement became part of the Sporting Regulations (Art.21.9.) It defined the minimum shutdown period as 14 days in the event that the gap between two consecutive races on the calendar be 24 days, as is the case this year between Hungary and Belgium, or 13 days, if the gap is only 17 days.

So what happens, or more correctly, what doesn’t happen in this break? The drivers make the most of it and go on holiday. The Ferrari duo of Kimi and Seb are planning to spend time with their respective families. And all work has to stop: no simulator, no wind tunnel and so forth. You could claim that today, with portable computers and smartphones, there’s nothing to stop people working at home. But the teams themselves are actually very strict about ensuring everyone adheres to the rules. One interesting point: a few years back, the idea was put forward that there should be a further break around the Christmas holidays. It was not approved, mainly because December and January are months that feature frenetic activity as teams rush to build their new cars.

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    I think few passioned teams will work. One of them would be ferrari, now even more after SM passing away.
    Everyone is determined to bring championship to home.

Look at kimi he’s been consistent in podium. If he does the same WCC is in the grab. Just vettel needs to avoid few mistakes n kill the 2nd half which he’s always good at.

Next tracks spa, Monza, Singapore, Mexico on paper should be strong for us especially vet. So fingers crossed n hope for no rain.

On other note, kimi said he would have taken pole in wet conditions that’s good to see. Ferrari should work on its car under wet conditions specifically on extreme wet tyres. Intermediate they r doing good.

https://twitter.com/fia
    the responses they get
    Life might be hard, Concrete is a lot harder