Thread: Is Mclaren sabotaging Vandoorne ?

Is Mclaren sabotaging Vandoorne ?

What are you guys thinking ? I hate them since I'm a Ferrari fan, but I'm also Belgian and I can't help but feel gutted by what's happening to Vandoorne.

They've been giving a car for the past weeks, and now that his chassis has been changed and his racing performance is up to par, his car breaks down.

All the while, they're advertising Lando Norris (who hasn't won yet, unlike Stoffel), and Alonso is pushing to get Sainz on board. What do you guys think about the situation ? Is Vandoorne's F1 spell already over ?

I'd like for him to be able to stay in F1 and go maybe to Sauber, but it's very difficult and unlikely since the results don't follow up.

Can't see him in the 2019 grid.
    Sorry.
    It's not only his fault though

Renault is breaking down in the Mclaren and RedBull cars.

With Stroll probably moving to FI, that will leave Ocon free. Renault might sign him, leaving Sainz free. If I was Haas a would sack both those gebronnies and get Leclerc and which one is free from Ocon/Sainz, if they dont choose McLaren. Ericsson will probably remain with Sauber, him being a pay driver, same with Sirotkin. That leaves a place at Williams, a place at Sauber and one at Mclaren/Haas. Sauber might take Giovinazzi, so 2 remaining seats for: Grosjean, Magnussen, Vandoorne, Norris. Williams will probably get a pay driver... So Vandoorne's chances are to just keep his seat or goodbye F1 me thinks. As for McLaren sabotaging him, I dont think so. They will take any point they can get at this moment in time. The only thing I believe is Fred making McLaren keep all the attention on him and his car. Make adjustments to the car to suit his driving style etc.
    Last edited by IulianFerrari; 30th July 2018 at 18:05.

I don't think Alonso will remain to McLaren next year though.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    With Stroll probably moving to FI, that will leave Ocon free. Renault might sign him, leaving Sainz free. If I was Haas a would sack both those gebronnies and get Leclerc and which one is free from Ocon/Sainz, if they dont choose McLaren. Ericsson will probably remain with Sauber, him being a pay driver, same with Sirotkin. That leaves a place at Williams, a place at Sauber and one at Mclaren/Haas. Sauber might take Giovinazzi, so 2 remaining seats for: Grosjean, Magnussen, Vandoorne, Norris. Williams will probably get a pay driver... So Vandoorne's chances are to just keep his seat or goodbye F1 me thinks. As for McLaren sabotaging him, I dont think so. They will take any point they can get at this moment in time. The only thing I believe is Fred making McLaren keep all the attention on him and his car. Make adjustments to the car to suit his driving style etc.
    Yeah, Fernando is very political, and while he's very friendly towards Stoffel, he's also ruthless and pulling the covers... One of our journalists said : "He fears Stoffel and he did everything behind the scenes to weaken him with a smile. I'm still a little more worried when I hear it lately throw a lot of flowers to our countryman."

I believe Vandoorne is in grave danger as well, he better start delivering in the next 3 races or he's gone for sure... It's a pitty, since he's won every series he raced in, up to Formula 1...

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
    Yeah, Fernando is very political, and while he's very friendly towards Stoffel, he's also ruthless and pulling the covers... One of our journalists said : "He fears Stoffel and he did everything behind the scenes to weaken him with a smile. I'm still a little more worried when I hear it lately throw a lot of flowers to our countryman."

I believe Vandoorne is in grave danger as well, he better start delivering in the next 3 races or he's gone for sure... It's a pitty, since he's won every series he raced in, up to Formula 1...
    Are you guys on crack??
    Firstly, any top driver is (has) to be ruthless. They dont become champions by exchanging Christmas gifts with each other.
    Secondly, the only one to hang in with Alonso as a teammate was hamilton. Every other teammate has been wiped off. Stoffel is no different. And Mclaren would have nothing to do with it. They make money for each point they score, and right now, they need every dam point. Dont think they will be scuttling their own ship. Its not like they are winning races. Its a great day in Mclaren when they score one point.

Whether his days are over? cant really tell. He hasnt really impressed against Alonso. Button did and was equal in most respects (which surprised me to be honest). But SV is definitely better than the 2 fools in Haas right now. He is better than Stroll too IMO. Sainz maybe better than him. Not entirely sure about Ocon.
    Chances are, he could move to Williams but their financial condition might make them get another pay driver.
    Honestly, i think there is more of a chance of Alonso leaving F1 in 2019, and Stoffel gets joined by Lando.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    Are you guys on crack??
    Firstly, any top driver is (has) to be ruthless. They dont become champions by exchanging Christmas gifts with each other.
    Secondly, the only one to hang in with Alonso as a teammate was hamilton. Every other teammate has been wiped off. Stoffel is no different. And Mclaren would have nothing to do with it. They make money for each point they score, and right now, they need every dam point. Dont think they will be scuttling their own ship. Its not like they are winning races. Its a great day in Mclaren when they score one point.

Whether his days are over? cant really tell. He hasnt really impressed against Alonso. Button did and was equal in most respects (which surprised me to be honest). But SV is definitely better than the 2 fools in Haas right now. He is better than Stroll too IMO. Sainz maybe better than him. Not entirely sure about Ocon.
    Chances are, he could move to Williams but their financial condition might make them get another pay driver.
    Honestly, i think there is more of a chance of Alonso leaving F1 in 2019, and Stoffel gets joined by Lando.
    I also think that Vandoorne is already better than (or at least on par with) Magnussen, Grosjean, Stroll, Sirotkin, Hartley, Ericson.

But he has to be way more agressive in how he approaches F1. He's too kind / corporate.

and Alonso is pushing to get Sainz on board.

Prove it or is that another of this things that is opinion but is treated like a fact.

I also think that Vandoorne is already better than (or at least on par with) Magnussen, Grosjean, Stroll, Sirotkin, Hartley, Ericson.

But he has to be way more agressive in how he approaches F1. He's too kind / corporate.
    Let's see, Magnussen got a podium, Stroll got a podium, Grosjean got multiple podiums and Vandoorne got....absolutely NOTHING.

Vandoorne is consistently behind Alonso in quali (outqualified 17 times in row) and in the races, I don't see anything to justify his seat in F1. He should go to Formula E, instead of being consistently humiliated by Alonso.

But you're a conspiracy theorist, so facts don't matter to you that much anyway. Put aside those tinfoil hats and smell the reality.

I don't think he has shown he is better than the Haas boys. Here is how I rate them: 14th Magnussen, 15th Grosjean, 16th Vandoorne, 17th Stroll, 18th Ericsson, 19th Hartley, 20th Sirotkin. The last 4 have no business being in F1. Jury still out on Vandoorne, but it's not looking good atm
    Last edited by IulianFerrari; 5th August 2018 at 01:56.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Let's see, Magnussen got a podium, Stroll got a podium, Grosjean got multiple podiums and Vandoorne got....absolutely NOTHING.

Vandoorne is consistently behind Alonso in quali (outqualified 17 times in row) and in the races, I don't see anything to justify his seat in F1. He should go to Formula E, instead of being consistently humiliated by Alonso.

But you're a conspiracy theorist, so facts don't matter to you that much anyway. Put aside those tinfoil hats and smell the reality.

I'm not consiracy theorist, I'm a Ferrari Fan and I have a soft spot for my countryman, that's all. Why are you so agressive ?

I'm not consiracy theorist, I'm a Ferrari Fan and I have a soft spot for my countryman, that's all. Why are you so agressive ?
    It's more than understandable to have a soft spot for your fellow country man.
    However.. please explain to me , what is the thing that justifies this driver to be in F1 based on his performance in 2018 ?

As far as I am concerned he 's by far the worst performer as it stands.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    It's more than understandable to have a soft spot for your fellow country man.
    However.. please explain to me , what is the thing that justifies this driver to be in F1 based on his performance in 2018 ?

As far as I am concerned he 's by far the worst performer as it stands.
    On his current performance, no. But he has comfortably won the GP2 series in 2015.

VnvHlR1.png

There is hope that what he's showing right now isn't his true speed. But in Formula 1, if you don't seize the opportunity, you don't get second chances...

Stoffel Vandoorne has confirmed that his chassis is back to normal after incurring issues earlier this season. McLaren confirmed that an unusual issue was hampering the Belgian's car for a number of rounds, which was the main reason behind his lack of pace.
    https://www.f1today.net/en/news/f1/2...back-to-normal
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

unless a miracle happens i cant see vandoorne in f1 next year, he is going the route of palmer sadly, whether its because the car is built around what alonso wants or whatever or whether he is just slower. can see norris taking his seat or perez.

his manager is linked to sauber so maybe there? but leclerc and kimi seem to be staying where they are so. might be final few races for vandoorne
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Partnering Alonso is not easy, look where Kimi & Massa were, only Lewis could challenge. Vandoorne is a Champion at Eurosprint, Formula Renault & GP2, clearly not a washout. It will be sad if his F1 career ends this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Partnering Alonso is not easy, look where Kimi & Massa were, only Lewis could challenge. Vandoorne is a Champion at Eurosprint, Formula Renault & GP2, clearly not a washout. It will be sad if his F1 career ends this way.
    i think mcleran car and lack of experience will unfortunately cause the loss of his seat

Vandoorne is out. He was a disappointment.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-a8520386.html

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Vandoorne is out. He was a disappointment.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-a8520386.html
    There have been rumors about Kimi and McLaren... I hope he retires after Ferrari, in a year or two but it would sound like a good option for McLaren
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln

Norris confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Norris confirmed
    Cool, nice to see young drivers coming thru. He's only 18
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln

Adios, so if kimi is gone, hopefully they bring in Ant Gio, mercs 3rd wheel ocon should be in williams unless Kubica or russel snatch it. its been hyped so much i really want to see what kubica can do and if he lives up to the hype

If Only Zak Brown owned a F1 team that could hire Stoffel

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/m...oorne/3171099/