Thread: F1 to go fully electric in 10yrs time. Would you still watch?

F1 to go fully electric in 10yrs time. Would you still watch?

Well, Ross Brawn mentioned F1 will go fully electric in 10 yrs time. IF so, I'm done. I knew all this electric hybrid crap was a stop gap to Formula E not to mention 18" tires which FE is already using.

No for me. The sterilization/sanitation of F1 started in 2014 with the intro of this hybrid formula.

Hope other teams branch off and start their own series. Otherwise F1 is done.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Well, Ross Brawn mentioned F1 will go fully electric in 10 yrs time. IF so, I'm done. I knew all this electric hybrid crap was a stop gap to Formula E not to mention 18" tires which FE is already using.

No for me. The sterilization/sanitation of F1 started in 2014 with the intro of this hybrid formula.

If F1 were to go all-electric, then what would be the point of FE? And I think one electric formula is enough for anyone!

I will not continue to watch Formula 1 if that happens.

Disappointed Since 2010

Only if ferrari dominate i guess.
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

http://www.f1i.com/news/313698-ross-...future-f1.html

Formula 1 sporting manager Ross Brawn says it is conceivable that Grand Prix racing could become an all-electric series in the next ten years if the quality of the racing follows the technology.

The advent of the hybrid engine in F1 in 2014 introduced an electric component into the sport, but a full rejection of the Internal Combustion Engine has never been seriously considered by the sport.

However, the growing success of Formula E, and the involvement of major manufacturers such as Audi, BMW, Nissan, Mercedes or Porsche has inevitably caught Formula 1's attention.

It's early days still for Formula E, and while a relative compare between F1 and the burgeoning series is unwarranted at this stage, Brawn is keeping track of developments.

"I think we have to respect what Formula E is doing and what it's achieving," Brawn told F1 Fan Voice.

"But if you look at the magnitude of the two they are not really comparable; the amount of fans we have and the appeal of Formula One, Formula E is still very junior in that respect.

Brawn believes a significant evolution of F1 will take hold if commercial and societal changes justify the need for changes.

"I think Formula One will evolve in the direction that has the right balance of sport, relevance and engagement with the fans," says the Brit.

"If in five years' time or ten years' time there is a need, desire or wish to have a different type of power unit in Formula One then we will do it. There is nothing to stop us having electric Formula One cars in the future

"At the moment they don't deliver the spectacle, and with all due respect if you go to a Formula E race it is a pretty junior category of motor racing.

"It's a great event in terms of all of the stuff that is going on around it, but the race itself is pretty tame when you compare it to a Formula One event.

"The cars are not particularly fast, you don't have the personalities involved but they are doing a fabulous job at putting on an event and making it a street party," admits Brawn.

"Formula One is different to that, Formula One is the pinnacle of motorsport, the speeds we do, the calibre of drivers we have and the teams we have, and if that moves in five or ten years' time to a different power source then we will do it if that is most appealing and achieves what we want to achieve.

"I don't see Formula One being locked into internal combustion engines forever, but who knows where we are in ten years.

"Ten years ago I don't think many people would be able to predict where the world is now and therefore I don't know where we will be in ten years, but Formula One will move in the right direction."
    First of all Ross is NOT saying that F1 WILL go Fully Electric. So why not put this to bed ?
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Formula 1 sporting manager Ross Brawn says it is conceivable that Grand Prix racing could become an all-electric series in the next ten years if the quality of the racing follows the technology.

The advent of the hybrid engine in F1 in 2014 introduced an electric component into the sport, but a full rejection of the Internal Combustion Engine has never been seriously considered by the sport.

However, the growing success of Formula E, and the involvement of major manufacturers such as Audi, BMW, Nissan, Mercedes or Porsche has inevitably caught Formula 1's attention.

It's early days still for Formula E, and while a relative compare between F1 and the burgeoning series is unwarranted at this stage, Brawn is keeping track of developments.

"I think we have to respect what Formula E is doing and what it's achieving," Brawn told F1 Fan Voice.

"But if you look at the magnitude of the two they are not really comparable; the amount of fans we have and the appeal of Formula One, Formula E is still very junior in that respect.

Brawn believes a significant evolution of F1 will take hold if commercial and societal changes justify the need for changes.

"I think Formula One will evolve in the direction that has the right balance of sport, relevance and engagement with the fans," says the Brit.

"If in five years' time or ten years' time there is a need, desire or wish to have a different type of power unit in Formula One then we will do it. There is nothing to stop us having electric Formula One cars in the future

"At the moment they don't deliver the spectacle, and with all due respect if you go to a Formula E race it is a pretty junior category of motor racing.

"It's a great event in terms of all of the stuff that is going on around it, but the race itself is pretty tame when you compare it to a Formula One event.

"The cars are not particularly fast, you don't have the personalities involved but they are doing a fabulous job at putting on an event and making it a street party," admits Brawn.

"Formula One is different to that, Formula One is the pinnacle of motorsport, the speeds we do, the calibre of drivers we have and the teams we have, and if that moves in five or ten years' time to a different power source then we will do it if that is most appealing and achieves what we want to achieve.

"I don't see Formula One being locked into internal combustion engines forever, but who knows where we are in ten years.

"Ten years ago I don't think many people would be able to predict where the world is now and therefore I don't know where we will be in ten years, but Formula One will move in the right direction."
    First of all Ross is NOT saying that F1 WILL go Fully Electric. So why not put this to bed ?
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    If F1 were to go all-electric, then what would be the point of FE? And I think one electric formula is enough for anyone!
    Except Wisepie it has already been said FE will be F1 ie F1 will cease to have any revelance.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post

Indeed.
    Forza Ferrari

F1 follows automotive trends. So if electric is the future, then i'm afraid it doesn't look good for those that can't bare to watch an electric Formula.

I read here, it's all about the WDC, the drivers, not WCC. Your favorite driver in F-E will do just fine .

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    F1 follows automotive trends. So if electric is the future, then i'm afraid it doesn't look good for those that can't bare to watch an electric Formula.
    It is only a matter of time. Mercedes already have stipulated they will enter Formula E. Whether they can do both Formula 1 and Formula E at the same time is up for debate.

It is only a matter of time. Mercedes already have stipulated they will enter Formula E. Whether they can do both Formula 1 and Formula E at the same time is up for debate.
    What's the budget of a FE team? I think it's a joke compared to F1. I think a company like Merc can do both if they think it's worth it.

So many fans at F1 races use ear plugs. I was offered ear plugs so many times at Indy by friendly fans. I for one loved the engine roar when the cars first came out, after that it was listening to the fans cheering their team, driver along especially when they were passing by up front. Less air,noise pollution is the future.