Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Fernando Alonso to retire from Formula 1 at end of 2018 season

Quote Originally Posted by Lega Verde View Post
    Alonso got the benefit to fight for the championship on his first year on Ferrari. That is something that true Ferrari legend Schumacher didn't have.

His third year was a close one as well. Only three points behind the Vettel. Schumi's Ferrari was finally very competitive on his third year back in 1998. He missed the WDC on the last race.

He was three times second and once a fourth during V8 era on Ferrari. These are solid results. His inpatience showed during the first hybrid year. Because of the bad results he shifted to McLaren Honda and the rest is history. McLaren is in ruins, Honda now with Toro Rosso is finally showing some promise.
    It might be worth your while to check where Massa was in the same season. The reason that Alonso had the 'benefit to fight for the championship' is owing largely to his own abilities. Lets be honest, he made that lawn mower of a ferrari look good, while the truth was the RBR was just leagues ahead of the competition.

5 Years without results is not lack of patience. You are a moron if you are not looking for other opportunities by then. I cant see how people blame alonso for leaving, and whats worse, hold it against him for having done so. If you have a time clock ticking on your career, you try and find the best possible way you can make the most of it. Which is what any driver with any shred of ambition will do. If Ferrari was not winning now and 2017, do you think Seb would still be thinking of retiring at Ferrari? Dont be naive.

Alonso has made bad career moves throughout, i'll give you that, but that doesnt make him a bad person. He is ruthless on the track and so was schumi and so is seb. And when he drove for us, it was amazing to see his level of commitment. Not once did he stop trying. And some of you are bad mouthing him 4 years after he has left. You are classless.
    Silently, like a shadow

finnish media today

Fernando Alonso tells Red Bull Team Manager Christian Horner to apologize to him via e-mail.
    Fernando Alonso revealed to Sky Sports that he had received an offer from Renault as well, before Daniel Ricciardo get contract.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    finnish media today

Fernando Alonso tells Red Bull Team Manager Christian Horner to apologize to him via e-mail.
    Fernando Alonso revealed to Sky Sports that he had received an offer from Renault as well, before Daniel Ricciardo get contract.
    Lol both Renault and RB said there is no such thing this year maybe alonso trying to cause some friction or just get media talking
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Well Alonso rates a thread here @ a Ferrari forum. He's got a choice of where to race, one choice being not to drive for a F1 team that can't Do a WDC, WCC. Imagine him going through what Kimi had to put up with , 1/2 a car at times! I wish him the best where ever he races. Flavio has caused him to make nothing but Millions$$$$. What a guy!
    Last edited by Brembo; 31st August 2018 at 10:19.

Quote Originally Posted by WRX202 View Post
    Lol i know horner can be an annoying bloke sometimes but he has been hilarious lately with the brutal crying hamilton comments and now alonso(wink) LOL If only it was legit written by him aw well good fun
    Last edited by Rob; 31st August 2018 at 22:00.
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Well Alonso rates a thread here @ a Ferrari forum. He's got a choice of where to race, one choice being not to drive for a F1 team that can't Do a WDC, WCC. Imagine him going through what Kimi had to put up with , 1/2 a car at times! I wish him the best where ever he races. Flavio has caused him to make nothing but Millions$$$$. What a guy!
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Glad you agree! Dissing Alonso is boring for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Glad you agree! Dissing Alonso is boring for sure!
    no your posts are.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    no your posts are.
    But your my best fan! You read all my posts! And take the time to comment. Glade to know you care about how I view F1. Thanks always!

I would seriously bring him back here.

I apologize for hating on alonso when he was here, i value him big time now.

Quote Originally Posted by vecchiasignora View Post
    I would seriously bring him back here.

I would still want Alonso back in Red, where he belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by ManFromMilan View Post
    I would still want Alonso back in Red, where he belongs.

Alonso will be happy winning WEC and doing Indy 500 next year. It's too late and be realistic Ferrari is not going to fire Vettel and the championship is not over yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom Hearts View Post
    Alonso will be happy winning WEC and doing Indy 500 next year. It's too late and be realistic Ferrari is not going to fire Vettel and the championship is not over yet.

You are correct sir

Quote Originally Posted by crbassassin View Post
    Alonso is the true 2010 and 2012 WDC.

Yep. The Red Bull blowing trick & Vettel luck won those 2 championships. Felipe was the true 2008 champ (IMO) as well. I believe Alonso wanted to stay at Ferrari but on a year to year contract, however, new managment at Ferrari wanted to lock him in for 5? years. All this silly talk about him being a Cancer to a team and all that is laughable. He was asked/begged to come back to the 2 teams he left and actually returned to, and Ferrari wanted hiim to stay longer. I know this will be difficult for some to believe/accept, but I think Alonso wins the WDC pretty easily last year and this year in Vettel's Ferrari. IMO Vettel is way over rated and not that much better than Kimi.

Quote Originally Posted by F-e-r-r-nando View Post
    Yep. The Red Bull blowing trick & Vettel luck won those 2 championships. Felipe was the true 2008 champ (IMO) as well. I believe Alonso wanted to stay at Ferrari but on a year to year contract, however, new managment at Ferrari wanted to lock him in for 5? years. All this silly talk about him being a Cancer to a team and all that is laughable. He was asked/begged to come back to the 2 teams he left and actually returned to, and Ferrari wanted hiim to stay longer. I know this will be difficult for some to believe/accept, but I think Alonso wins the WDC pretty easily last year and this year in Vettel's Ferrari. IMO Vettel is way over rated and not that much better than Kimi.
    I believe he is the greatest driver of this generation and I agree that the toxic stuff is garbage. Ferrari would not have extended his contract if he was.

While I think he could have won this year and last, he definitely would have had his hands full between last year's mechanical failures and this year's pace doing a disappearing act.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by F-e-r-r-nando View Post
    that is exactly my view on Vettel....an above average driver an totally OVER RATED.....he is NOT by any meant one of the greatest drivers....on the other hand Alonso and Hamilton, DEFINATLY are....

i alwasys said that Vet won those 4 WDC due to the spaceship Newey built at red bull.....put anyone in those cars and they would have done well

Alonso on the other hand, give him a mediocre car and he'll pull hte last drop of performance out of it.....good example was hte 2012 ferrari....and also 2010; both of those years he almost won the WDC with a car that finished in places it should have never DONE.....but Alonso wiht his mastercraft skills managed to do so...

too bad Ferrari did NOT agree on a year to year contract with him and was forced to leave at the end of 2014
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.