Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Spa-Francorchamps: Practices & Quaifying

Floor was good enough to get him second
    He was probably annoyed at the rain more than anything else
    "I really don't know what happened" - Lewis Hamilton (frequently)

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    But they are overcoming their issues quickly & collectively. If you see above video or q3, Ferrari team were never ready with inters, kimi ran out fuel seriously??? Huhhh this is even more pain than that spark plug issue..!!

Look at RB, although they r not in a good position. They were ready with inters.
    That's true but in the end all factors will have to be counted at the end of the season or when both championships are mathematically over. Obviously if we lose the championship by one point it will disaster but if we lose by 50 then it won't matter anyway.

I wondered myself why they didn't gamble by sending one car out on inters instantly when Q3 began. Since no one did it that would have been the pole lap. And also, the chaos at the pitstop wouldn't have happened as they would only have the other car to tend to in the first part of Q3.

Quote Originally Posted by prancing horse View Post
    Floor was good enough to get him second
    He was probably annoyed at the rain more than anything else
    you right most likely, very unhappy messy session all round. apparently he didnt have battery power at the final lap as well since he didnt do any recovery laps
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Instead of starting 6th, maybe they can put all the new parts on Kimi's car and he'll start alongside Bottas

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Can you post a video or audio where vettel cried to get kimi out ??? Is vettel faster or kimi was faster in that race ???
    Did any of our driver cried for “need a tow”, “ need a help” just like Ham did in couple of races ???
    I want to conclude one clear point which even toto mentioned on sky sport interview “bottas played a good wingman” do u want anything more than this ????
    You saw the race right or what ? Vettel was whining on the radio to get Kimi out the way SMH

Quote Originally Posted by The Reizo View Post
    You saw the race right or what ? Vettel was whining on the radio to get Kimi out the way SMH
    Vettel on fresh set of tyres ... vs kimi on alternate strategy. What do u compare in that ?
    Where’s the answer for later part of the statement of my above post?

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Instead of starting 6th, maybe they can put all the new parts on Kimi's car and he'll start alongside Bottas
    I think Kimi still has a shot, especially if he clears the cars in front quickly. Then we will have 2 cars vs 1 on the front. And maybe strategy can help us.

Also Kimi may not need a new ICE as there are 9 races to go but he may need a new Turbo. That won't send him all the way to the back.

Frustration. Frustration everywhere. Did we up Kimi's chances? Tick. Were we unlucky again at the last moment? Tick. Did we lose fair and square? Tick. No need to cry here, tomorrows race will be dry according to forecasts, plenty of opportunities to hunt Rapperboy down. All we need to avoid is a crash in the first corner. Kimi will come back quickly, we have really good chances for a double pódium and the win tomorrow.
    Last edited by Rob; 25th August 2018 at 18:37.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFerrari View Post
    Frustration. Frustration everywhere. Did we up Kimi's chances? Tick. Were we unlucky again at the last moment? Tick. Did we lose fair and square? Tick. No need to cry here, tomorrows race will be dry according to forecasts, plenty of opportunities to hunt Rapperboy down. All we need to avoid is a crash in the first corner. Kimi will come back quickly, we have really good chances for a double pódium and the win tomorrow.
    Last edited by Rob; 25th August 2018 at 18:37.

Vettel: I think it's not the traffic to blame. It was a weird session. I knew the last lap would be the most important. I thought we were safe but in the final attempt I exit the first corner and we were very low on battery so...
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Ferrari will never win the championship with this pair of drivers. In rainy conditions, the drivers' class is clearly visible. Vettel is definitely a weaker driver next to Hamilton.

Spend Millions and countless hours on:
    Engine development. Check
    Aerodynamics. Check
    Fit 100 buttons on steering wheel. Check
    Diamond coated pistons. Check
    Simulate possible chance it could rain during quali and be ready to put proper fuel and tyres on car.. Nah

Wha?

Honestly, Ferrari can hire a 12 yr old to play F1 2017 on their Xbox to figure out better ways of managing changing condition strategies
    Last edited by Rob; 25th August 2018 at 18:38.

Just out of curiosity, how Ferrari manages almost every time to screw something in changeable conditions?!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Just out of curiosity, how Ferrari manages almost every time to screw something in changeable conditions?!
    Years of practice?
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    Years of practice?

That comes to mind....

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFerrari View Post
    Well said, we're all really angry with the weather playing into HAM's hands but P2 isn't the end of the world, we need a dry race and no first lap contact but those two pink cars are one of Merc's B teams and there's GRO next to Kimi, so I'm not predicting anything.
    Last edited by wisepie; 26th August 2018 at 07:56.

Seb checking his car immediately after Q3, Ferrari pitcrew didnt pickup his car properly and scraped it against the floor when they were in a rush to find intermediate tyres for the car

Vettel and Kimi need to do thier overtakes down the Kemmel Straight....and within 10 -15 laps of the race thereby ending the race 1-2.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Vettel and Kimi need to do thier overtakes down the Kemmel Straight....and within 10 -15 laps of the race thereby ending the race 1-2.
    Why was Seb battery empty?

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    I want to know that too
    I thought it recharges throughout the lap, NO? And then when you start another flying lap you can use it, so what’s the real answer here?
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    I want to know that too
    I thought it recharges throughout the lap, NO? And then when you start another flying lap you can use it, so what’s the real answer here?
    there needs to be a cool down lap, in quali they use all there battery on the hotlap unlike the race where they use it but not the entire thing and it recovers through braking and other wasteful energy from the engine, is what i believe not 100%. vettel did 3 straight fast laps without recovering much

he didnt do a cool down as the track was drying and there was no time left

I want to know that too
    First time I heard of this.....standby

Seb made the difference (for Ferrari) today:

• In FP, Seb used to gain in S1 and lose (about 0,3/0,4s) in S2. This means that Mercedes opted for a set-up with more downforce than Ferrari, which helps in wet condition
    • Seb's last run in Q3 was of 3 flying laps

• Seb started his last (3rd) flying lap with low battery, as you can see from the pic, which explains why he didn't gain on Hamilton in S1. The most impressive thing is that with that set-up Seb lost only 0,4 in S2, as in dry conditions
    https://t.co/STtJGtMC1u

I want to know that too
    It was'nt empty, just low......still though, he managed it...impressive. (@FerrariF60--> MGU-K (braking) not used due to the wet surface so minimal braking at best so the batteries were low and not empty)

Both RB had the same issue as ferrari/Kimi and didnt fuel up enough to beable to come out again when the track started drying

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Both RB had the same issue as ferrari/Kimi and didnt fuel up enough to beable to come out again when the track started drying

yep. When it was raining, I posted that we should wait till about 2.5min left in Q3 so the track drys (somewhat....aided with cars on the track and rain stopping) then bring the cars back out again....Kimi would have been fueled and Vettel would not have "damaged" those intermediate rain tires.

Mercedes did this in the last race while it rained.....waited with time left to do 2 flying laps. Even with time running out in Q3, you can still do a flying lap and take pole.

Having rain in the middle of qualifying tends to mix things up, as people and team makes mistake.
    Even Lewis ran off track and was lucky not to damage anything.

We tend to forget others have the same problem as Ferrari too, we are just unlucky to have these things happen on days when we have the upper hand in a normal situation.

I believe Ferrari can easily finish both cars on podium tomorrow. Only question is will we be ahead of Lewis.

[AMuS] Due to the wet Q3, we still have no comparison between the Spec 3 quali modes of Ferrari and Merc.

Force India Andy Green has compared Ferrari to Haas: "Haas have turned on the engine in Q2 fully according to our measurements. And there was a lot of power."