Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Spa-Francorchamps: Race

Quote Originally Posted by Noquarter View Post
    https://streamable.com/nhkrw Vettel start onboard . Very easy pass on Luis.
    Hamilton too busy sticking Vettel to the outside and almost running him out of room

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Demonstration of power!
    actually it's the slipstream. Ocon and Perez took advantage of it as well....Ocon slingshotted ALMOST past Vettel....Perez slingshotted past Lewis.....both Ocon and Perez backed off.

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    Bottas 5 sec penalty for hitting the Williams but keeps the same position
    and 2 points added......the "no big deal it's Mercedes rule"!

Arrivabene on Hamilton's words after the race: "People called him the rain master yesterday. Maybe our trick is that we are the masters in dry conditions"
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    actually it's the slipstream. Ocon and Perez took advantage of it as well....Ocon slingshotted ALMOST past Vettel....Perez slingshotted past Lewis.....both Ocon and Perez backed off.
    have to agree with this, few more meters and perez and ocon would'v been ahead of seb and lewie
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

I've been on record here at this forum not believing Ferrari could ever reduce the gap to Merc in this V6 formula. I was dead wrong. Completely dead wrong! Maranello have proven they can and they did it. I bow my stupid head to the engineers and workers at the factory. They have engineered and produced the best car ever built by mankind. There will never be anything faster and quicker around Spa-Francorchamps than the SF17H. NEVER! Because the powers that are will dumb it all down and the next years aero regs will be enough to do that. Then 18 inch rims will follow and more standardized parts.

What we all saw on august 26th, 2018 is the pinnacle of mankind in motorsports. I'v been blessed to have been given the chance to see that. Thank you Scuderia Ferrari!

Scuderia Ferrari Chief Technical Officer, Mattia Binotto: “Victory always comes as the result of multiple efforts and Shell helped us this weekend with a new fuel formulation. A great way to start the second part of the season.”

Bravo Seb, poor Kimi again but we needed this win desperately, onwards to Monza and who knows what we can achieve with that car for the rest of the season. Charles had a lucky escape, too.

Arrivabene: "This is a fantastic team. Sometimes we still makes mistakes, but we are human, not robots"

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    I've been on record here at this forum not believing Ferrari could ever reduce the gap to Merc in this V6 formula. I was dead wrong. Completely dead wrong! Maranello have proven they can and they did it. I bow my stupid head to the engineers and workers at the factory. They have engineered and produced the best car ever built by mankind. There will never be anything faster and quicker around Spa-Francorchamps than the SF17H. NEVER! Because the powers that are will dumb it all down and the next years aero regs will be enough to do that. Then 18 inch rims will afollow and more standardized parts.

What we all saw on august 26th, 2018 is the pinnacle of mankind in motorsports. I'v been blessed to have been given the chance to see that. Thank you Scuderia Ferrari!
    I've always believed we had the best overall package. This year's car is the evolution of last year's car. We hired that girl from FIAT to do quality control, and so far, the mechanics and electronics have performed brilliantlly....plus the upgrades and new fuel

I've always believed we had the best overall package. This year's car is the evolution of last year's car. We hired that girl from FIAT to do quality control, and so far, the mechanics and electronics have performed brilliantlly....plus the upgrades and new fuel
    We need to sort our wet setup, Monza could be rainy again

races where starting pole could be worse because of slipstream:~bahrain ,spa, monza, russia, usa, mexico

Thumbs up to you! I was more sceptical. I was wrong. Good thing. Obviously Ferrari haven't won anything yet but they have proven a point. We will never see what happened today at Spa-Francorchamps ever again. Never.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    have to agree with this, few more meters and perez and ocon would'v been ahead of seb and lewie
    Lucky there were no few more meters

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Lucky there were no few more meters

Arrivabene about Mercedes' flexing rear wing (apparently too much): "That's the FIA's job, not ours. We are already busy to answer to all the questions they ask us every race. But yes, we noticed it. Let's see if also the FIA will notice it"

"HE PASSED ME AS IF I WAS NOT THERE" (Ham)
    I am loving it!!!!!

I hope everyone remembers our Sergio. This is his product. He made this possible. Would it have happened anyway without him? Maybe. We'll never know. But he at least gave a helping hand and encouragement.

This win is for you Sergio Marchionne. I hope this win make you rest easier in peace. If we win it all then the ultimate thank you will come from all.

The SF71H, the fastest and quickest car ever made by mankind (up until now). Great feeling. Beats all pain possible to endure by the same mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    I hope everyone remembers our Sergio. This is his product. He made this possible. Would it have happened anyway without him? Maybe. We'll never know. But he at least gave a helping hand and encouragement.

This win is for you Sergio Marchionne. I hope this win make you rest easier in peace. If we win it all then the ultimate thank you will come from all.

The SF71H, the fastest and quickest car ever made by mankind (up until now). Great feeling. Beats all pain possible to endure by the same mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by coshida View Post
    Toto just said Monza will be much better for them?!

Formula One is a better place when Ferrari ends up victorious. Magnificent job Seb! Beautifully done, from lights out to checkered flag. Our car is astonishingly fast. Maranello, you scored!

So sorry for Kimi. He needs a break in the luck department.

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    Toto just said Monza will be much better for them?!
    They probably got more updates for aero/chassis planned for monza, they said they working on improving slow speed corners too

https://twitter.com/Vetteleclerc/sta...91752216473605 - posted a snippet of some of the rear wings of some teams, not sure if this highlights the issue or not, might just be because mercedes still have the most wing, while teams like ferrari and rb shaved there's off by a lot and its so thin you cant see it.

Maurizio Arrivabene: “That was a fantastic win today, with a great race from Seb and the whole team which, both at the track and back in Maranello, fought back from yesterday’s difficulties in a strong, calm and determined manner, while the car showed all its potential. What happened to Kimi is a real shame and, but for that, we might have had even more to celebrate and the Constructors’ classification would look a bit different. Now, the important thing is to carry on working with determination and humility, without ever giving up. Now we come to Monza and right from Wednesday, we will get the chance to get close to our fans during the event at Darsena di Milano. I am sure that will be able to count on the support of all our tifosi, as the championship goes on, getting more and more interesting. We hope that, come the end of the year, we can give them something to really smile about.”

Sebastian Vettel: “I’m very happy because we had a great race, the car now has proved to be robust on all tracks and this weekend we got a little more power from the new engine, which I think also helped us down the straights. At the start I tried to stay close to Lewis, getting a good exit out of Turn 1 and then taking advantage of the slipstream to get past. After the Safety car pulled out, it was just the other way round, so I looked after the exit of Turn 1 to stay ahead. The first stint was very close, only a couple of seconds between us; but then the guys did a fantastic pit-stop, I could not believe the light had turned green so fast, and that gave our rivals no chance. The second stint was ore about managing the car and the tires for both of us. This is a great win for the whole team and hope in Monza it will be the same, but we need to keep fighting to be always up there.”

Kimi Raikkonen: “I don’t know what happened at the start: the only thing I know is that somebody hit me from behind and straight after that I got a puncture. I had a lot of damage to the rear wing endplate and the floor; at that point I could not go fast and the DRS stayed open all the times, it was hard to remain on track. It was pointless to continue, the damage was too big, so we decided to go back to the garage.”
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by coshida View Post

Honestly. I've never seen a faster car in my life than the SF71H today.

Arrivabene: "This is a fantastic team. Sometimes we still makes mistakes, but we are human, not robots"

To mwk360:

Great it's you to post this quote

Let's keep this in mind for the remainder of the season

Last edited by wappad; 26th August 2018 at 19:54.

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    "HE PASSED ME AS IF I WAS NOT THERE" (Ham)
    I am loving it!!!!!